Preparing for 2.0/RotHC? What to do?

KostonxEld

Hey all just wondering what you all are doing to prepare for the expansion. Our gear and comms are going to change majorly, so what are you doing to get ready?

I am spending BH comms I had saved buying all BH mods/enhancements for my alts. Also spending my daily comms buying rakata implants and sending them to alts. I have a TON of tionese and columi comms I am going to do something with prob.

These comms will get converted into the new classic comms but at a poor rate, that is why I choose to spend now rather than wait. Plus I'm just hoarding credits also. What about you all?

Nothing special. I am sitting at full black hole equipment, and I am only collecting black hole comms, don't care for any other comms and am leveling a couple alts, but not in preparation for Makeb.

If the release date would suddenly be pushed back, I would hardly care, as I am having fun as is.

Full Dread Guard I'd recommend if smoothly through Darvannis pass you want. :csw_yoda:

No point farming mats there is, for new levels and materials there will be.

Credits and level fifty character all you need to take with you are.

Max out your Warzone comms you also can, for new gear there will be to acquire.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well currently when I hit level 50 it costs me 1.5million to install 14 x level 6 augment slots and fill them with level 22 augments. So saving up as many credits a possible to re-augment all your gear when you hit 55 would be one thing to do.

Well currently when I hit level 50 it costs me 1.5million to install 14 x level 6 augment slots and fill them with level 22 augments. So saving up as many credits a possible to re-augment all your gear when you hit 55 would be one thing to do.

That's why i decided to get a custom set a while back, no need to re-augment :p i'll just throw the new mods in when i get them :p

That's why i decided to get a custom set a while back, no need to re-augment :p i'll just throw the new mods in when i get them :p

Problem here is that you need new augment kits (mk-9) to be able to use the new top tier of augments (which provide a significant boost)

I am just double checking that all my crew skills are maxed out so I can start leveling those also once 2.0 hits

Edited by Darth-Mailman

Ifrica- there is a reason to go grind credits, you won't be able to put the new augments into the slots you have now, you will need the new tier 7,8,9 augment kits which aren't craftable yet. New tiers coming.

Divona- I work full time and am not married, therefore I have a life outside the house as it is. Just wondering what people doing to prep for the xpac.

I am also in full 61/63 gear augmented with full maxed comms also. I will prob buy tionese gear with my comms to just resell to vendor for credits. Using my BH/daily comms for alt/companion gear. Hoarding credits as usual.

Buy any gear that will go away when 2.0 goes live. That's what I am doing at moment.

A small little trick I read from the wow forums right before an expansion goes live is to load up on missions and complete them, but don't turn them in. When the expansion goes live you turn them all in and get a substantial head start.

Edited by Knockerz

I've been saving up all unassembled tokens for the last few weeks from the daily HM FPs that I have won. I will hand those in after 2.0 hits for the comms boxes and use those to gear up my companion / alts.

Except using the unassembled pieces will count against your weekly cap (150 on PTS).

So while you'll be able to hit the cap first thing each week with the tokens, you won't gain any commendations for playing the game that week, nor will you be able to use them in some sort of mass gearing for your companions and alts the day 2.0 hits.

With respect to crafting, you should plan on having enough mats on hand to level you up to 410 skill -- so 10 skill-ups. As far as I remember from the PTS, there are no new recipes using new materials until you get to 410 skill. Keep in mind that some of your recipes may turn yellow or green after you go past 400. At 410 there are lots of new recipes for each of the crafting crew skills that I checked on the PTS.

Buy any gear that will go away when 2.0 goes live. That's what I am doing at moment.

A small little trick I read from the wow forums right before an expansion goes live is to load up on missions and complete them, but don't turn them in. When the expansion goes live you turn them all in and get a substantial head start.

I'm thinking of doing just that.

Dropping every ops quest I can and pick up as many dailies as I can hold. Finishing them all and turning them all in as soon as the servers come up.

Of course Section X and black hole which are all level 50 quests should give better experience than Ilum and belsavis but I'll get as many as I can. I'll pick them up from Section X, black hole, Ilum then belsavis in that order till my log is full.

Looks like I'll do a lot of dailies come April 8th. That should give a nice boost to the initial leveling. Especially if I use a cartel boost.

Credits, credits, credits.

And making sure I don't lose too many comms. I'll probably turn them in for some companion sets resp. a set for what will be my next level 50/55.

Classic Commendations from gear tokens counted toward the weekly cap on the PTS, but iirc the containers were not bound and therefore could be sold/sent to an alt, so I may save up those tokens.

Edited by KyaniteD

That's an AMAZING idea!!!! Pick up and complete all black hole, sec x, ilum dailys and not turn them in. Will this work tho cuz there is no exp reward labeled picking them up now. I'm wondering if the system will somehow "know" that you got them at level 50 and no exp was supposed to be rewarded. I'm going to try it anyhow and see I guess

On my four Level 50's (and at least one more over the next two 2x EXP weekends) I am working to:

1. Working to ensure that all of my 50's are, at minimum, geared with augmented 61/63 armor and weapons.

2. Upgrading "main" companion armor and weapons to at least augmented Tionese.

3. Working to max out my WZ/RWZ commendations on all 50's.

4. Stash the cash. All 50's are run through all daily quests in Black Hole and Section X for credits. Daily commendations are used to gear companions, but should all be at max for launch.

5. Made sure that all 50's have at least one Lv400 crafting profession and two Lv400 gathering professions.

6. I'm completing (but not turning in) 15 high EXP quests on each character, to be turned in as soon as the cap is raised. This leaves me 10 quest slots for dailies, etc. (Which will be also be maxed in the final days before release)

7. Maxing out all legacy EXP perks, and buying/stashing as many cheap EXP boosts as possible.

Currently maxed out on Ranked WZ comms and regular WZ comms. Will be completing all dailies to sit on and wait to turn in upon release. Been saving credits for awhile now. Sitting pretty at 17million atm. Full Dreadguard and Full Elite War Hero (I itemized my EWH gear for the best stats). I had to buy 6 seperate EWH boots to pull the mods from. I am hoping the republic is close by while lvlin on Makeb :rak_01:

Hey all just wondering what you all are doing to prepare for the expansion. Our gear and comms are going to change majorly, so what are you doing to get ready?

I am spending BH comms I had saved buying all BH mods/enhancements for my alts. Also spending my daily comms buying rakata implants and sending them to alts. I have a TON of tionese and columi comms I am going to do something with prob.

These comms will get converted into the new classic comms but at a poor rate, that is why I choose to spend now rather than wait. Plus I'm just hoarding credits also. What about you all?

I'm not spending any of my BH coms, they have the best conversation rate out of all the other types to turn into Classic.

Since my first character I'm leveling to 55 is a Cybertech, I'll just send armorings/mods to the next character through him while I level the Crew Skill.

In all honesty, I'm taking a break from playing every day and just logging in on the 2x weekends to move along some alts.

I'm not spending any of my BH coms, they have the best conversation rate out of all the other types to turn into Classic.

Since my first character I'm leveling to 55 is a Cybertech, I'll just send armorings/mods to the next character through him while I level the Crew Skill.

In all honesty, I'm taking a break from playing every day and just logging in on the 2x weekends to move along some alts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but bh comms convert to classic comms at a 1:1 ratio, yet the price of bh gear in 2.0 via classic comms from vendors is nearly double is it not?

Correct me if I'm wrong but bh comms convert to classic comms at a 1:1 ratio, yet the price of bh gear in 2.0 via classic comms from vendors is nearly double is it not?

It is, and classic comms won't buy any new gear...so saving them up is a really bad idea.

Unless you are saving up for the BH (mainhand) weapons that are not available on live.....which I am since they will be an upgrade for several of my alts.

Just wondering, how much does this Mainhand cost with classic coms? And is it possible to buy the offhand also when 2.0 comes so one get unbound armoring?