Double-exp is the perfect leveling speed

Forrasis

Naw. It was great for characters that I would consider "second-tier" in terms of importance to me, but for those precious few that I actively enjoy no matter what I'm doing, it would be much too quick. It was also nice for a few characters that I had underlevelled as I skipped a planet story/sidequests instead of going through one of the more painful planets. Got them back to the proper level for the content they'll be tackling.

I keep overleveling pretty fast. I had to skip half of Alderaan quests and go straight to Balmorra (as consular). I don't mind, I've done the quests with at least 3 toons before. However If this was my first time playing, it would bee too fast imo. I'm sub though so that might be making the difference. Edited by Kayin

Perfect speed for your 5th or more character, once your familiar with the quests on both Republic & Empire side. Otherwise, you're wasting the best content to get to a hampster wheel.

This double xp should be the legacy 50 unlock if you ask me.

Aye. I agree.

its only good for the avatars you dont want to play the story on

and the story being the only thing worth talking about in this game means you are missing out on the best part of the game

it was intended for the alts people have to get them to max lvl no more no less

if you dont want to work for ya max lvl toon mmo games maybie are not your style

Edited by TheLordMagnus

I would much prefer it being a xp booster item, you know, like the current booster items that gives 25% bonus xp for 1hr or 3hrs.

I think they should be replaced with the 100% bonus xp, its still optional to use and it would require people to spend money to get the coins to get these boosters, the ultimate money maker i would think.

Perfect speed for your 5th or more character, once your familiar with the quests on both Republic & Empire side. Otherwise, you're wasting the best content to get to a hampster wheel.

Sounds about right to me.

With Legacy 50 I dont need double-exp anymore, case I already have every class at maxlevel.

For comparison, I have 4 50s, one of them in Full-Rakata, the other in Full WarHero with pvplevel 71, and my legacy is at Level21

I would much prefer it being a xp booster item, you know, like the current booster items that gives 25% bonus xp for 1hr or 3hrs.

I think they should be replaced with the 100% bonus xp, its still optional to use and it would require people to spend money to get the coins to get these boosters, the ultimate money maker i would think.

I'd be willing to spend a healthy amount of coins on something like this, a double XP item booster, be perfect for doing some grinding on a planet you like so you can skip planets you dont like

The double XP is a terrible joke that took away my subscription time. I have to stay away from logging on during these days not too boost my characters with a crazy speed.

Yes because it doesn't let you go ahead and just do the story quests and main planetary quest for each planet to keep you about where you would normally be. Yes Bioware forced you to not log in at all! You should demand your money back for those days too since obviously you weteny even allowed to log into the game.......oh wait

+1

Here's my idea free of charge to bw. I only started playing this month, so don't at all think it should be legacy.

Id make it a very expensive cc item (say 1500+) with a discount for subs, that comes with a double xp to 50 perk, and an armoring pack with greens/blues for every 15 levels, and spells from trainers at at 70% discount or something.

Thinking about it, i personally wouldn't spring for that, but if i subbed for 3 months and had free points left over i sure would then.

EDIT: If i was thinking like bioware, id probably ONLY make this available (for free) if you purchase a 6 month sub. With the ability to get multiple packs immediately by buying multiple blocks of 6 month subs of course. And a discounted 10 year hypercrate of 6 month subs.

Edited by stockmks

Thank you BW. It's really greate. I think it's the perfect leveling speed. Make it constant please!:)

Agreed, it is perfect.. I quit SW because I felt leveling was too painful, and slow.

2x brought me back, but I fear if 2x goes away I will go away, and my 3 accounts with me.

^this

New in the CM for 1.7.3: Legacy 50 unlock 200% XP! Toggable!

I kid (I hope), I agree they should make this an optional thing and charge the hell out of it maybe like 10 mil?

I wish I could turn it off, I am just along for the ride to 50. I enjoyed it to get me rolling from level 1 on my second, third and fourth characters.

But after a while I felt like my second character was "missing out" on some content I wanted to see and interaction with my follower.

Then I started my third character and went to 17, then I started my fourth and hit 14.

I have been around since launch, I just wanted to play for the class story for each class at least once.

Since I came back I started fresh with all fresh characters and enjoy the ride.

I appreciate the effort for the 200%, but I would liked the option to turn it off, or turn it down a bit.

I really do enjoy the double xp and I have to say, it actually enhances the class story. What I did was went through corusant with my smuggler, watched the story, and once I got my ship, I just went to each planet one level before the range that the space map says the recommended level is. Over the course of both xp weekends, I got it from level one to fifty. I even started a jedi sage and got that to level 26.

Anyway, last week I was level 45 and during the week all I did was the smuggler story and I have to say, when I didn't have to worry about leveling up or doing the normal planet missions, it allowed me to get absorbed in the story because it was all I was focusing on. People say double xp ruins the immersion of the story, but if anything it enhances it because your story doesn't get broken up by grinding sessions or anything like that. So long story short, I am totally for a double xp perk, but with one restriction - it only works till level 50.