Double-exp is the perfect leveling speed

Forrasis

Perfect speed for your 5th or more character, once your familiar with the quests on both Republic & Empire side. Otherwise, you're wasting the best content to get to a hampster wheel.

This double xp should be the legacy 50 unlock if you ask me.

Great Idea but too high of a legacy level, I have 5 50's and 4 40+ characters all 5 50's are in BH/WH gear and I'm only at legacy level 41... by the time I get 50 I wont need double XP anymore.

Yeah, it's actually way too fast if you want to take it all in. Heck, normal leveling speed is a bit too fast if you are a completionist, even if you only do each flash point once on the way up.

That would be the nice thing about a 50 legacy unlock, not only does it give rewards for a legacy level that has none at all, but it would be optional instead of forced.

I would be okay with this, as long as they set it to the point where you can't get it from day one.

I realize that people look down on the side quests, Heroic quests, world quests, but it all adds up and builds to the class quests. People should do the 'optional' quests at least twice before the 200% XP can be accessed.

So...Legacy lvl 10? 15?

I would be okay with this, as long as they set it to the point where you can't get it from day one.

I realize that people look down on the side quests, Heroic quests, world quests, but it all adds up and builds to the class quests. People should do the 'optional' quests at least twice before the 200% XP can be accessed.

So...Legacy lvl 10? 15?

15 is more like it. you cant get to 15 without some real investment in the game. And it means you have at least 1 50 or many alts with one over 30.

I honestly don't think anyone dislikes the side quests. If you think you do, try to think back to your first character through the game. If you are like me it was awesome. But on #2, #3, #4 the repetition of the exact same everything really starts to wear on you. Unlike that game that shall not be named There is no alternate level X to Y questing area, no other race's path to 50 you could take. No other continent you can go level on. Its all the same every time. I believe that's why people just want to get through it the second time around.

Edited by Emencie

Thank you BW. It's really greate. I think it's the perfect leveling speed. Make it constant please!:)

Permanent double-XP would be a bad move.

During double-XP weekends, it is very hard to find a group for 4man heroic quests, because people just skip them and level though class quests with a tiny boost of few solo quests on every second planet.

A reasonable alternative would be to make it a legacy lvl 50 unlock.

Edited by Jedlosson

Thank you BW. It's really greate. I think it's the perfect leveling speed. Make it constant please!:)

Please dear God do NOT make it constant! I enjoy leveling my alts at the intended pace, and in fact DUE to your "Double XP Weekends" I have to STOP LEVELING because of it. This is aproximately 2 weekends, close to 6 days where I've had to stop leveling a character of mine due to the pacing of the leveling

So please, for the love of God, when Makeb hits either remove Double Exp or create a toggle so people can opt out of this event.

Naw. It was great for characters that I would consider "second-tier" in terms of importance to me, but for those precious few that I actively enjoy no matter what I'm doing, it would be much too quick. It was also nice for a few characters that I had underlevelled as I skipped a planet story/sidequests instead of going through one of the more painful planets. Got them back to the proper level for the content they'll be tackling.

Very much agree with CelCawdro.

No way it should be made permanent. But they should bring it back every now and then.

Edited by Andryah

Perfect speed for your 5th or more character, once your familiar with the quests on both Republic & Empire side. Otherwise, you're wasting the best content to get to a hampster wheel.

This double xp should be the legacy 50 unlock if you ask me.

This is my view as well.

I have 10 level 50's and a few lower level alts that I don't want to delete on Harbinger. I wanted to try out a sith assassin tank just to see the dark side (I have 3 empire characters, the rest are republic) so I started one fresh on Jedi Covenant just as these 200% experience weekends began.

Result: fast leveling for sure but I'm broke. Without established characters to contribute credits there's just not enough to be made leveling. You get 200% experience with missions, kills ect. but it's still the same monetary rewards which throws you behind the cash leveling curve very quickly.

Don't get me wrong. I'm liking the fast leveling. I just have to pause inbetween weekends to work on making money instead of leveling and I've never had to do that before.

This is my view as well.

You get 200% experience with missions, kills ect. but it's still the same monetary rewards which throws you behind the cash leveling curve very quickly.

I don't have this problem. Only once I gave my new character money from other, it bought speeder legacy perk.

Make it permanent, or legacy unlock, or whatever. I don't care how anyone else wants to use it. If they want permanent 2X that's fine by me. Just make it optional so other people aren't forced into it.

Why would they discourage people who actually like to play their content (and play it at the level it was designed to be played at)? {Note: this is rhetorical question}