Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be nice if they worked on the game rather than on microtransactions.

I would have been better if the game could have been supported through the subscription model. But since it wasn't, micro transactions become the game and vice versa. When it becomes overbearing, the game will start to whither and die. At that point, those that remain can only hope EAWare catches what's happening and cares enough to scale it back again.

LMAO!!!!! Really?!?! Because I swear the TCG was just like cartel market packs and it made SWG a ton of extra cash for the game!!!! You have on the "I hate the CM!!" Blinders, lol!!

This is exactly true. All the cool new items they added (like houses) were rare drops from the trading cards.

Right species change is a much needed and wanted thing say in future nautolans are added as playable species and lije me there ur favorite sw species I be dammed if im gonna reroll all 11 50s I have just to be my fav species and same goes for rhe others. For a premium fee in wow u can chabge ur race.

As for complaints bout being a store thing well what did u expect.having a sub doesnt entitle u to anything. I been subbed since launch and have subs to other mmo's technically speaking ur sub is actually a rental agreement ur renting the use of the servers or were until f2p. An agreenent bw/ea could terminate any time.

When game went f2p it was obvious many thibgs would end up in the market rather than a freebie in game option paywd via creds. Micro transactions are probs only thing keeping game alive and u no wot im glad its working. I can use market when I want as an extra to go with my sub

I wanted to pop in and address some of your concerns about our barbershop and its use of Cartel Coins and not credits. There are a couple of design implications that go into these decisions I wanted to highlight in the hopes that it makes our decision in this regard a bit clearer.

• We very consciously design these systems around the fact that subscribers get monthly Cartel Coin grants. Pricing, etc. has these monthly grants in mind to ensure that our subscribers have access to these systems.
  • We want to set the expectation that cosmetic systems like these are where you are going to see us use the Cartel Market. It is our continued philosophy that we will not implement a form of pay to win so cosmetic systems and other non-game impacting features are our best opportunities to make additions to the Cartel Market.

As we continue to release more information about our barbershop please continue to give us your feedback.

-eric

BioWare post translated into English:

"We are happy to have the population of subscribing players, but please, do not expect us to do anything for them for free. You see, we like them, but we like their money more...

So we do not plan to have ANY part of the barber shop made for in-game credits, since we do not get a singe dollar from it. But subscribers, please, do not worry, if you wait a few months, you will be able to buy a haircut from the Cartel Market pocket-money we give you every month."

This is the way how Barbershop should be done:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=614344

Edited by Jedlosson

Why am I paying a subscription when barber shop is going CM?

As a subber you get CC every month. You can use that for the barbershop.

But since you aren't interested in using the CC Bioware credits to your account every month, and since facts and verifiable evidence are inconvenient to you, please petition Bioware to add YOUR coins to MY account.

I'm a subber, too, you see. And I'll spend them happily since you obviously have no need for them. :)

Edited by KennethHoover

Why am I paying a subscription when barber shop is going CM?

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

BioWare post translated into English:

"We are happy to have the population of subscribing players, but please, do not expect us to do anything for them for free. You see, we like them, but we like their money more...

So we do not plan to have ANY part of the barber shop made for in-game credits, since we do not get a singe dollar from it. But subscribers, please, do not worry, if you wait a few months, you will be able to buy a haircut from the Cartel Market pocket-money we give you every month."

This is the way how Barbershop should be done:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=614344

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.7.0/return-gree

Edited by DaRoamer

The thing is that we're assuming the worst and they had ample time and opportunity to set this straight, instead they made 1 post confirming some of our worries

If we're wrong then fine, so be it and good but let them say that first. This "wait and see" attitude will be too late since I very much doubt we will see much info till they implement it

I see.

So guilty until proven innocent then. :rolleyes:

Maybe you missed the part where they said more details to come later (with the implication that one should be patient and not jump to rabid conclusions, hard as that may be to refrain from).

When those details actually are made public... and you still don't like them, then by all means get your full-on Chicken Little performance going.

Subscribers.. Pay attention here and please take it to heart.. We already pay for the game, many of us actually bought the game, instead of download it for free.. Do not spend our grant.. We will spend it ourselves.. Do not add stuff to the market with our grant in mind.. This is a great way to lose subscribers..

LOL at the lecture to other subscribers.

Tell you what... do not tell me how to subscribe, how to play the game, what to enjoy or not enjoy and what (if anything) I spend my cartel coins on for optional content. ;)

Heh, yeah. Thx a lot, but I know where to find patch notes. :D

What I see in them:

• Added Gree event that has been worked upon before we went F2P, which we started working when we realized that our game engine cannot support old version of Ilum
  • Added bunch of new Cartel Market
  • Added Reputation so we can cash on it later by introduction a new reputation faction which can be only capped by buying items from CM
  • Switched a few values like decreasing damage by 5% here and there so the list does not look so empty

What I want to see in them:

• We made sure your companion does not fall through the floor on several of the Jedi Knight class missions
  • We finally fixed the codex
  • We fixed the broken item-models so they do appear correctly when equipped
  • We fixed the item preview, so you do no longer have to take out the companion-customisation to preview items on him
  • We fixed the "inspect" player function, so you do not have to dismiss companion to se other players' equipement
  • We fixed the game crash during conversations in Black Talon and Boarding Party FP
  • And I would like to also see the end of the patch-notes: We have beta tested this patch so it does NOT cause any more new bugs (like trooper helmets disappearing etc)

Edited by Jedlosson

Heh, yeah. Thx a lot, but I know where to find patch notes. :D

What I see in them:

• Added Gree event that has been worked upon before we went F2P, which we started working when we realized that our game engine cannot support old version of Ilum
  • Added bunch of new Cartel Market
  • Added Reputation so we can cash on it later by introduction a new reputation faction which can be only capped by buying items from CM
  • Switched a few values like decreasing damage by 5% here and there so the list does not look so empty

What I want to see in them:

• We made sure your companion does not fall through the floor on several of the Jedi Knight class missions
  • We finally fixed the codex
  • We fixed the broken item-models so they do appear correctly when equipped
  • We fixed the item preview, so you do no longer have to take out the companion-customisation to preview items on him
  • We fixed the "inspect" player function, so you do not have to dismiss companion to se other players' equipement
  • We fixed the game crash during conversations in Black Talon and Boarding Party FP
  • And I would like to also see the end of the patch-notes: We have beta tested this patch so it does NOT cause any more new bugs (like trooper helmets disappearing etc)

So your contention is they never fix bugs? I would disagree with that statement.

As for the rest of your post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Tell you what... do not tell me how to subscribe, how to play the game, what to enjoy or not enjoy and what (if anything) I spend my cartel coins on for optional content. ;)

LOL @ misunderstanding my post.. That was written to Bioware.. See top of post.. My entire post was written to Bioware.. None of it was written to subscribers..

Tell you what.. Please read my post in full before you respond..

Thanks.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

I see.

So guilty until proven innocent then. :rolleyes:

Maybe you missed the part where they said more details to come later (with the implication that one should be patient and not jump to rabid conclusions, hard as that may be to refrain from).

When those details actually are made public... and you still don't like them, then by all means get your full-on Chicken Little performance going.

What Eric has made public is why the people aren't happy. And Eric has not said what he put out was misunderstood or that people are wrong. What part of that do you not understand?

People will stop when you stop telling people what they can and can not voice their displeasure about with this game. How about that?

As a subber you get CC every month. You can use that for the barbershop.

But since you aren't interested in using the CC Bioware credits to your account every month, and since facts and verifiable evidence are inconvenient to you, please petition Bioware to add YOUR coins to MY account.

I'm a subber, too, you see. And I'll spend them happily since you obviously have no need for them. :)

I think you miss the point.. Sure.. We can use our monthly grant to pay for the trip to the Barber shop..

But..

Should Bioware add something to the Cartel Market knowing we have a monthly grant??

That is the issue.. Bioware should not put anything in the cartel market with our grant in mind.. To them, our grant should not exist.. We should be free to spend it however we choose.. Not on things that Bioware put in the Market for us to spend it on.. Such as Rep.. Barbershop which belongs in the game and not the market.. Take the life day event.. It wasn't an event.. It was a box on the Cartel Market..

Don't get me wrong.. I don't mind them adding stuff to the Cartel Market.. I mind them adding something with the intent of us Buying it with our grant.. Which is what Eric said in his post.. I also mind them not adding content to the game and spending the last 6 months adding stuff to the Cartel Market, while the game got pretty much nothing.. The Gree event is largely a joke.. See countless threads on that issue..

It seems that Bioware is just concentrating on adding stuff to the market and not the game... Which is where Bioware is making it's mistake.. The Market is not the game.. They are separate things.. I don't subscribe to buy things on the Cartel Market.. I would hope that you don't either.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

I think you miss the point.. Sure.. We can use our monthly grant to pay for the trip to the Barber shop..

But..

Should Bioware add something to the Cartel Market knowing we have a monthly grant??

That is the issue.. Bioware should not put anything in the cartel market with our grant in mind.. To them, our grant should not exist.. We should be free to spend it however we choose.. Not on things that Bioware put in the Market for us to spend it on.. Such as Rep.. Barbershop which belongs in the game and not the market.. Take the life day event.. It wasn't an event.. It was a box on the Cartel Market..

It seems that Bioware is just concentrating on adding stuff to the market and not the game... Which is where Bioware is making it's mistake.. The Market is not the game.. They are separate things.. I don't subscribe to buy things on the Cartel Market.. I would hope that you don't either.. :)

Your post doesn't really make much sense. How are they to add stuff to the cartel market without thinking about our monthly coins? Can you describe how you feel that line of thinking should go amongst the developers when deciding on items for the cartel market?

As for content, they've been adding it every 6-8 weeks. Perhaps you missed the event going on? Did you check out the new stuff on the PTS? It seems like people cannot remember things beyond the past week.

So your contention is they never fix bugs? I would disagree with that statement.

As for the rest of your post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I am not saying that they never fix bugs.

I am saying that it takes them far too long before they fix the game breaking bugs (for example: it took about 2 month before they fixed the 3rd boss in Eternity Vault - the Puzzle) and minor bugs take even longer, some bugs are not fixed since game release (for example: codex).

I also say that they do not test their patches properly before they release them. Several of the last patches are the proof (trooper helmets not appearing, item preview getting bugged, or for example 1.7.2b requiring 2 server shutdowns because it did not work at all)

I am also saying that it worries me to see the length of the text in patch notes that is about Cartel Market when I compare it to the length of the text that refers to bug fixes. Just look on the patch notes you linked me

and see how many points are about cartel market and how many points are about fixing the bug issues...

Edited by Jedlosson

I am saying that it takes them far too long before they fix the game breaking bugs (for example: it took about 2 month before they fixed the 3rd boss in Eternity Vault - the Puzzle) and minor bugs take even longer, some bugs are not fixed since game release (for example: codex).

I also say that they do not test their patches properly before they release them. Several of the last patches are the proof (trooper helmets not appearing, item preview getting bugged, or for example 1.7.2b requiring 2 server shutdowns because it did not work at all)

I am also saying that it worries me to see the length of the text in patch notes that is about Cartel Market when I compare it to the length of the text that refers to bug fixes. Just look on the patch notes you linked me

and see how many points are about cartel market and how many points are about fixing the bug issues...

14 bug fixes, 10 new items about the cartel market, 5 of those being bug fixes with cartel items. I grouped all the listing of new discounts, expired discounts together since those are all the same thing just individually listed and as you said that's just "switching a few values".

14 bug fixes, 10 new items about the cartel market, 5 of those being bug fixes with cartel items. I grouped all the listing of new discounts, expired discounts together since those are all the same thing just individually listed and as you said that's just "switching a few values".

Interesting way of counting, because I see only 9 bug fixes total. From these 9 bug fixes, 5 are bug fixes of Cartel Market bugs (the remaining 4 are 2 Legacy bug fixes and 2 Miscellaneous bug fixes).

Pretty much gives you idea what are BioWare's priorities....

Edited by Jedlosson

How long have you been playing MMO's for?

Ultima Online, I played that from launch til 2004 and guess what? UO still had bugs in it left over from launch. It had area's of the map that gm's had to block off due to rubber banding. And note some of those bugs and even areas are still in and not fixed. UO has been around now for what? Almost 15 years?

Everquest, my girlfriend is playing it right now and I'm talking Everquest not EQ2. She's run into some bugs and issues that she remembers running into, back in 2001/2002 when she started playing it.

SWG? I can't count how many bugs SWG had that never got fixed. And yes SWG had a couple from launch until the game died.

Age of Conan, still has tons of bugs in it. And if you want to bring up raid bosses... One of AoC's Tier 1 Raid Bosses Yakhmar was broken for months. Yakhmar had a spawn of worms that was coming in way too fast. I think it took them like 6 months just to fix it so the spawns came in a tad slower. Yes people could do and beat the raid, however it was well I think you know the word I'm going to use. Hint it starts with a B.

My point being do you really think TOR is the only MMO that has stuff like this happen? I know I was reading something about a couple of bugs in GW2 that haven't been fixed and have been in the game for months. And fun thing? I've heard the same thing you are saying in almost every F2P title, this Dev's will fix cash shop stuff before the main game.

Why is that? Most of the time the cash shop stuff are easy fixes. Not only that it's how they are making money. But believe me games have bugs, sometimes those bugs will be in the game for years before they get fixed.