Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

I gotta love how SOME players always Say " well players are getting monthly Cartel coins", Sure BUT they say the same for everything like the Cartel packs, Cartel Items and the new Cartel Rep(which is only earned through CM)

ITS JUST FREAKING 500 CC A MONTH!!!!!!

sure you have a big pocket with a lot of money but MANY OTHERS DONT!

So show some patience and self control, prioritise how you spend that 500CC a month. That is what I do, so far I have been able to get all the things I needed and a couple of things I wanted by using just the 500CC a month and the GTN,

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in, bug fixes and patches will soon be available in the CM Store. No, no I kid .. or do I? *craig ferguson voice* ;)

anybody who seriously thinks, that they would put patches/hotfixes on the cartel market needs to be realistic, they have specifically stated that they dont want the game to be pay to win, so they focus on putting all things cosmetic on the market, they have to make money off of the market, and cosmetics are where they choose to do that

if you would prefer, im sure they could start selling raid gear....

Ok, I'll bite. I'm a Diablo fan. Loved the first 2 games, spent days on end playing them. I've never touched either auction house. I refuse to pay full price for that third game, because the game play is boring. It's a reskinned Diablo 2 with an even weaker story. I played 3 different classes to the end of the demo, and could find no motivation to play any further.

So you played none of the game? Alright then.

I can understand that, and I certainly hope that that doesn't happen here. I don't ascribe to the slippery slope argument, just to be clear. While eventually this may fall into a pattern leading to a case of frog boiling, if we're talking about adding the ability to recustomize characters, that's a plus in my book.

QFgoddamnT.

The subject is sensitive after the whole rep. fiasco. A lot of people are unhappy about the direction they are going in. A lot of these additions (rep, barbershop etc.) have been discussed quite a lot for the last year and for me it seems everything we are asking for and looking forward to will have a CC price stamp on it. So everything about the game is now going to have that CC label? It's not a good direction. That whole "it's just vanity" I said before, you invalidate yourself. "It doesn't affect me, so whatever." attitude. It will obviously affect others.

I would like to make an analogy for the whole Cartel Rep situation for the hard of understanding.

In my analogy, Bioware is a husband, We are the wife and the Cartel Market is the husband's girlfriend.

Now we know that our husband is cheating and he knows we know. We tolerate it because he keeps it mostly under wraps and we let him slide in the hope that things will change.

The Cartel Rep situation was like the husband out for a walk with his wife, walking right up to his girlfriend, grabbing her ***, sticking his tongue down her throat and then looking at his wife and smiling.

*Just to add a little more for Bioware's understanding, you're spending so much time and money on your girlfriend you don't see that we're sitting at home feeling neglected.

Edited by Elfa

anybody who seriously thinks, that they would put patches/hotfixes on the cartel market needs to be realistic, they have specifically stated that they dont want the game to be pay to win.

lol you actually believe what they say?

I would like to make an analogy for the whole Cartel Rep situation for the hard of understanding.

In my analogy, Bioware is a husband, We are the wife and the Cartel Market is the husband's mistress.

Now we know that our husband is cheating and he knows we know. We tolerate it because he keeps it mostly under wraps and we let him slide in the hope that things will change.

The Cartel Rep situation was like the Husband out for a walk with his wife, walking right up to his girlfriend, grabbing her ***, sticking his tongue down her throat and then looking at his wife and smiling.

Lmao XDDD

I'm talking about posts I've seen you post and how you word them. Maybe you don't mean to sound like that? But guess what ya do.

And I'm not defending his comment. I was pointing out that you do the same thing. Even if you don't like to admit it or not.

yeaaah, OK...

let's not make this about me.

And I will repeat, I'm not insulting people who disagree with me. There's a difference between saying that something makes no sense to you and calling someone a moron. In the first one you're criticizing an idea or the way it's implemented in the game, in the second one you are just offending people who disagree with you. Period.

I don't think this thread is the right place for such a discussion.

If you'd like to give me an example of a post I made where I directly called people morons, I would really appreciate a PM.

yeaaah, OK...

let's not make this about me.

And I will repeat, I'm not insulting people who disagree with me. There's a difference between saying that something makes no sense to you and calling someone a moron. In the first one you're criticizing an idea or the way it's implemented in the game, in the second one you are just offending people who disagree with you. Period.

I don't think this thread is the right place for such a discussion.

If you'd like to give me an example of a post I made where I directly called people morons, I would really appreciate a PM.

I didn't say you were. And I didn't say I was condoning his comment either. I simply stated that you have posted thing that addressed things in a way that sum up to "it doesn't affect me, so whatever." type of attitude. Anywho this isn't the place. And I'm not trying to be mean. We all have the same faults here somewhere in these forums.

They have already said that bug fixes will be available on the Cartel Market at a REDUCED RATE for subscribers.

What more do you people want for your subscriptions?

EAware is a small company and in desperate need of any income they can get just to stay afloat, stop being so damn greedy and pay them more money!

They have already said that bug fixes will be available on the Cartel Market at a REDUCED RATE for subscribers.

EAware is a small company and in desperate need of any income they can get just to stay afloat, stop being so damn greedy and pay them more money!

For a moment I thought you were being serious XD

Well i guess they do need to recoup all the money from the free games they have just given away :D

So you played none of the game? Alright then.

No reason to. In my opinion, a game needs to be able to draw the player in within the first 20 minutes or so if there's going to be any hope of that player wanting to play to the end. I wanted to like the game, but the poor story writing (No one remembers what happened to Tristram? It wasn't THAT long ago.) and non-inventive game play (click, click, click, click, click, useless item drop, click, click, click, click, mediocre item drop, click, click, click, click, inventory full...) just didn't do it for me this time around. A little too much of a "been there, done that" feel. I gave the game 3 or 4 hours, and couldn't bear it any longer.

But, alas, we've gone way off topic, so I'll walk away now.

Edited by OmenQ

Well that made me giggle.

Sadly, every bit of customization in this game is going to the Cartel Market. .

Really??!?!? So the Gree stuff is CM?!?! All the new rep vendors (Voss, Belsavis, Space), The BH, Dread Guard gear is CM?!?! All the new stuff in 2.0(RAID gear, Comm gear, new orange patterns from crew missions) is on the CM?!?! None of that was free and apart of your sub fee?!?!

Kinda leaving on the "I hate the CM!!!!" blinders on eh?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Edited by Wodaz

Really??!?!? So the Gree stuff is CM?!?! All the new rep vendors (Voss, Belsavis, Space), The BH, Dread Guard gear is CM?!?! All the new stuff in 2.0 is on the CM?!?! None of that was free and apart of your sub fee?!?!

Too bad most of those armor sets are the ugliest things I've seen since BH armor hit.

Edited by Elfa

No reason to. In my opinion, a game needs to be able to draw the player in within the first 20 minutes or so if there's going to be any hope of that player wanting to play to the end. I wanted to like the game, but the poor story writing (No one remembers what happened to Tristram? It wasn't THAT long ago.) and non-inventive game play (click, click, click, click, click, useless item drop, click, click, click, click, mediocre item drop, click, click, click, click, inventory full...) just didn't do it for me this time around. A little too much of a "been there, done that" feel. I gave the game 3 or 4 hours, and couldn't bear it any longer.

The gameplay was the same for d1 and d2 man. Has it been that long that you forgot? And I enjoyed the story. Obviously a game won't catch everyone.

I wanted to pop in and address some of your concerns about our barbershop and its use of Cartel Coins and not credits. There are a couple of design implications that go into these decisions I wanted to highlight in the hopes that it makes our decision in this regard a bit clearer.

• We very consciously design these systems around the fact that subscribers get monthly Cartel Coin grants. Pricing, etc. has these monthly grants in mind to ensure that our subscribers have access to these systems.
  • We want to set the expectation that cosmetic systems like these are where you are going to see us use the Cartel Market. It is our continued philosophy that we will not implement a form of pay to win so cosmetic systems and other non-game impacting features are our best opportunities to make additions to the Cartel Market.

As we continue to release more information about our barbershop please continue to give us your feedback.

-eric

Why can some of these cosmetic systems be given for free? Why does it all have to be put in the cartel market? As a subscriber, I should not have to pay for every single feature like that. I don't mind paying coins for the ability to change my species, or to be a newly added species, but I should be given a free ability to change the look of my existing characters without having to fork over coins.

Really??!?!? So the Gree stuff is CM?!?! All the new rep vendors (Voss, Belsavis, Space), The BH, Dread Guard gear is CM?!?! All the new stuff in 2.0 is on the CM?!?! None of that was free and apart of your sub fee?!?!

Oh you mean content that was in development since before the CM ever existed? Yup. The rep. is tainted by CM, the achievements in 2.0 is tainted by the CM, the barbershop tainted too. It's the stuff we want that they will put in the CM instead of making it apart of the game for the games sake.

Most armor sets are ugly in this game, even on the CM!! Not denying that !! :p

Hell, the Voss Rep armor is almost offensively ugly. A big, muddy, purplish mess.

As for the Gree armor, it would be great had they not chose to give all three sets the same retarded monkey helmet.

Here's a new idea for our character sheets, "Toggle off extraneous art department crap on armor". Great for removing skate ramp shoulder pads, spikes, webs pipes and goggles.

Why can some of these cosmetic systems be given for free? Why does it all have to be put in the cartel market? As a subscriber, I should not have to pay for every single feature like that. I don't mind paying coins for the ability to change my species, or to be a newly added species, but I should be given a free ability to change the look of my existing characters without having to fork over coins.

Man, it's vanity stuff. Who cares about right?