Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

I understand the purpose of this game is to make money but why does that mean EVERYTHING has to be made available through the cartel market?

EA Executive: Yes, yes it does. *rubs hands together and laughs maniacally* :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows D3 doing by the player base? I noticed your careful placement of the word "until" by the way. ;) You made my point for me, thank you.

Andryah as I said before did you read the forums? We were talking about how the game launched. The game launched perfectly. They did the title justice. They implemented a system that was never done before and it back fired on them. But hey lets see Blizzards other titles? Yup. Please, keep trying to prove Blizzard is bad at knowing how to make a game.

So the whole DAME game became a matter of Cartel Market. way to go dumb Bioware.

33% of your monthly subscription price is returned to you in the way of free Cartel Coins every month. Why? already asked and answered by Eric. ;)

Stop spending your free coins on cartel packs and you are good to go for all these little perky features they are adding over time to the CCM.

Anyone who doesn't think this is another step over the line is a moron, period.

Yeah, I said it. Go ahead, report me, ban me. I no longer care.

:cool:

Hehe, yup and it's the same morons back to say this is an awesome change and we should bow in the shadow of EA/BW for putting it forth for us!

So the whole DAME game became a matter of Cartel Market. way to go dumb Bioware.

What am I missing here? Are they not going to let you in the cool cantinas any more if you don't have the latest haircut? How does putting a barbershop on the CM stop you doing *anything* in the game?

You --a lot of people-- are conflating things you NEED in order to play with things that are cool, or are nice for a change, or whatall. Yes, the game is running on micro-transactions. But you can have a whale of a time without spending a red cent, and if you subscribe, you can even get the occasional bit of fluff for your own convenience or amusement.

This is spin Eric. The CM stipend was billed as a "loyalty reward" for subscribers. Now it is being used to fund things that should be part of the subscription instead of giving subscribers complete control over said stipend. You are now basically supporting a bait and switch. Instead of doing that if you are going to take our CM stipend back in the form of nickle and diming us for features, why not just simply do away with the stipend and give all the future features as part of the price of the subscription. :rolleyes:

Agree 100% I think the statment is pure Bantha poodoo, plus we might as well get used to getting bent over, because when it comes to money EA could care less what we have to say, the best way to show your not happy is to move on, like I will be doing April 1st, i have been a fan of this game even a fanboi to some, but I can no longer stomach the crap they are throwing at us now, glad I have a back log of single player games to play for awhile. I thought SOE was bad, these people set it to a whole new level,, \facepalm

Edited by kevlarto

33% of your monthly subscription price is returned to you in the way of free Cartel Coins every month. Why? already asked and answered by Eric. ;)

Stop spending your free coins on cartel packs and you are good to go for all these little perky features they are adding over time to the CCM.

But how are we to be able to get the Cartel Rep if we don't buy Cartel Packs?

BioWare paying you well for waving this it's all good flag of yours, Andryah?

Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat

To EA/Bioware:

Please hire someone who understands the concept of "customer relations".

You keep getting opportunities where you have 2 choices.

Option 1 will cost you a little money but make the customers you have happy.

Option 2 will make you a little money and piss off your customers.

You can't continue this pattern of always choosing Option 2. Every chance you have had to throw a bone to your subscribers you have instead decided to piss on us and tell us it is raining.

I love the game and the Cartel Market, but I cannot find fault with this statement at all. Bioware, you need to try and provide us the most bang for our buck instead of trying to get the most money for the least amount of effort.

Back when companies were mostly privately owned, they cared a lot about customer loyalty and treated their customer with respect and rewarded them for their business. Nowadays, Publicly owned corps are all about the quarterly statement and appeasing their share holders. To this end, they gouge their customers now and try and squeeze them for every dime they can to present a prettier bottom line.

This line of thinking cannot and will not endure.

Edited by Elfa

What am I missing here? Are they not going to let you in the cool cantinas any more if you don't have the latest haircut? How does putting a barbershop on the CM stop you doing *anything* in the game?

You --a lot of people-- are conflating things you NEED in order to play with things that are cool, or are nice for a change, or whatall. Yes, the game is running on micro-transactions. But you can have a whale of a time without spending a red cent, and if you subscribe, you can even get the occasional bit of fluff for your own convenience or amusement.

There are people who RP. They do play the game yanno. And I've seen a few posts on it. It is important to them.

Another this doesn't affect me post. I will say bring back the 1.1 repair costs, it never bothered me spending 150k for repairs in a day. But **** everyone else ^^

Andryah as I said before did you read the forums? We were talking about how the game launched. The game launched perfectly. They did the title justice. They implemented a system that was never done before and it back fired on them. But hey lets see Blizzards other titles? Yup. Please, keep trying to prove Blizzard is bad at knowing how to make a game.

Actually... I am responding to the snarky comments in this thread where someone states the cannot wait until the Titan project releases... as those folks know how to make an MMO. D3 puts the irony flashlight on that statement as nobody here considers SWTOR a success (or failure) on the basis of it's launch, but rather how it progresses over time. I suggest you do the same with D3 and the great and wonderful Blizzard. If D3 and Pandaland exemplify the magic over at Blizzard land... then there are large numbers of very dissatisfied customers (which runs opposite of the bluster in this thread about how Blizzard walks on water). ;)

Edited by Andryah

Agree 100% I think the statment is pure Bantha poodoo, plus we might as well get used to getting bent over, because when it comes to money EA could care less what we have to say, the best way to show your not happy is to move on, like I will be doing April 1st, i have been a fan of this game even a fanboi to some, but I can no longer stomach the crap they are throwing at us now, gald I have a back log of single player games to play for awhile. I thought SOE was bad, these people set it to a whole new level,, \facepalm

Truer words my friend. They make freaking John $medly look like he comes from heaven riding a unicorn that farts rainbows. :D

And thats /double picard facepalm ... in this case. ;)

Eric says the Cartel Market does not affect gameplay features.

For many people the way ones character looks is an INTEGRAL GAMEPLAY FEATURE.

Eric your company is ripping people off. You are ripping people off.

Customers who support this implementation of surcharges and behaviour are only hurting themselves in the long run as this will become the accepted norm in the future; problem is they are too blind to see it.

But how are we to be able to get the Cartel Rep if we don't buy Cartel Packs?

BioWare paying you well for waving this it's all good flag of yours, Andryah?

Please stop with the accusations about me being paid by Bioware. It's not true, and has never been true.

As for Cartel Rep..... been discussed to death in other threads.. how about we don't try to derail this one yet again with that discussion?

Actually... I am responding to the snarky comments in this thread where someone states the cannot wait until the Titan project releases... as those folks know how to make an MMO. D3 puts the irony flashlight on that statement as nobody here considers SWTOR a success (or failure) on the basis of it's launch, but rather how it progresses over time. I suggest you do the same with D3 and the great and wonderful Blizzard. If D3 and Pandaland exemplify the magic over at Blizzard land... then there large numbers of very dissatisfied customers (which runs opposite of the bluster in this thread about how Blizzard walks on water). ;)

Just so you know, Diablo has never been considered an MMO. And the player base is 1,000x that of this game for WoW so yeah there's bound to be a lot of discontented people. The thing with Blizzard is thus: here's this( YAY!!!!!!), here's this( YAY!!!!!!), here's this!!(YAY!!!!), andddd... this... (WTFFFFFFFF!!!!). Here's EA: Here's this(WTFFFFFF), here's this(WTFFFFFFFF), oh yeah and this hehe lols have fun (WTFFFFFF).

Like I said, you will be one of the ones to go with the sinking ship.

*salute*

Please stop with the accusations about me being paid by Bioware. It's not true, and has never been true.

As for Cartel Rep..... been discussed to death in other threads.. how about we don't try to derail this one yet again with that discussion?

Oh because it flows together and you have no counter argument? Nice!

Eric says the Cartel Market does not affect gameplay features.

For many people the way ones character looks is an INTEGRAL GAMEPLAY FEATURE.

Eric your company is ripping people off. You are ripping people off.

Customers who support this implementation of surcharges and behaviour are only hurting themselves in the long run as this will become the accepted norm in the future; problem is they are too blind to see it.

I'm afraid you may be the blind one, this is already the accepted norm. Check out the other MMO's. Zynga and BFH made this the norm and everybody picked up on it. This is a done deal, so I suggest you either put on a tin foil hat or retire from gaming for good.:csw_deathstar_un: