Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Because its not an opinion, its the explanation on why they can't. Which people constantly overlook on this matter.

Why are so many of you kicking and screaming like a child to a parent asking for a brand new outfit over the old one, when it was given out first? Because what? You're jealous the other sets look more like another other game? Thats because they were never featured in this game, Revan was released at Swtors launch, his robes are the swtor and the original developers version, and are canon as for he wears it in this game because his set is not only sold to us with his name on it claiming it is based of his set. But that people bought it for how it was now.

You mean your explain action that I already shot a whole through as it pertains to your argument? Don't blame others, or call me a screaming child because you refuse to accept what other people say.

Directly under your ,"this is my opinion" you then state,"I want the bug fixes only" yup, right in my paraphrase lol.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You come up with a valid reason to contradict everything posted above you, over peoples rights to the existing set instead of one that doesn't exist yet I will give you a gold star.

THIS is what they released as Revan when the game came out, and what was advertised, and sold in the Blockade Runner(and Space Pirate) cartel packs. And for the sole purpose of the last flame war on changing existing gear, that is why they have to keep it as. All the players who bought the set for how it is shown here, has more right to it than people wanting to have an existing set change 100% built from scratch. that people paid for.

If you want THIS They would have to make it a second set sold in a different pack to not upset other players. and before you assume and say. "I don't see other people saying they like it as is" Keep in mind, ALL of the players who liked the "classic" version of the cartel gear, didn't know about the change until after it happened in game, then they logged on the forums and that is how it happened.

Edited by Magnusheart

Unfortunately for you Magnusheart,

Everything I've said is legitimate. that part is not opinion. Pertains to "Revan", while correcting your argument.

So, please refer to post# 432 and 439.

Thank you.

Edited by xorcist

Magnus...you are losing it. The last 5 pages of this thread is nothing but you copy pasting your half page posts into one another.

We will have an answer soon, there's no reason for you to be throwing this tantrum and jumping all over anyone else who posts here.

Just be patient, they will update us.

Magnus...you are losing it. The last 5 pages of this thread is nothing but you copy pasting your half page posts into one another.

We will have an answer soon, there's no reason for you to be throwing this tantrum and jumping all over anyone else who posts here.

Just be patient, they will update us.

Losing it? Define what you mean, I have been on this thread, and others like it for almost 4-5 months to get these 3 fixes done. Why? because I didn't pay for a bugy product. Nor am I just going to sit on the sidelines and let other peoples suggestions outside of bugfixes guide Erics hand and have them change the existing set other than the 3 bugs eric outlined.

Edited by Magnusheart

Losing it? Define what you mean, I have been on this thread, and others like it for almost 4-5 months to get these 3 fixes done. Why? because I didn't pay for a bugy product. Nor am I just going to sit on the sidelines and let other peoples suggestions outside of bugfixes guide Erics hand and have them change the existing set other than the 3 bugs eric outlined.

You are losing your grasp on reality.

a) You never bought the Revan's set, because you cannot just "buy" it. You can buy cartel packs that allow you a chance to acquire the components of the set, but you BOUGHT much more than just the Revan's set. It's not one of the premier sets available for individual purchase. You can gather it by purchasing many many boxes, or on the GTN. You can say you only bought the boxes to get Revan's set, but they actually sold you so much more than just that.

b) You ARE sitting on the sidelines. The Devs are the ones who make the changes. You are the same as everyone else on the forums, and your suggestion is weighted no more than anyone else who posts here. Everyone's suggestions outside of bugfixes are VALID, and it is not up to you what they will or will not fix.

Other people have the right to attempt to "guide eric's hand".

c)Eric is ultimately not the one who makes the decision, and considering that he said they are "currently working on it" that means that they have already made up their minds how to proceed with it. No matter how many times you repeat yourself in this thread, it will be fixed the way the DEVELOPERS decide to fix it.

Now please, respond to this one more time by copy pasting the last 4 days worth of your posts here, and repeating yourself just one more time. One more magical time and eric will come in here and answer, on a saturday night when we all know that they are at home relaxing and not monitoring the forums.

You are obsessing over this. There is no doubt you have led a crusade to bring this to light, and there is no doubt about what you believe needs to be fixed. You have spoken your mind, now let others do the same.

You are losing your grasp on reality.

a) You never bought the Revan's set, because you cannot just "buy" it. You can buy cartel packs that allow you a chance to acquire the components of the set, but you BOUGHT much more than just the Revan's set. It's not one of the premier sets available for individual purchase. You can gather it by purchasing many many boxes, or on the GTN. You can say you only bought the boxes to get Revan's set, but they actually sold you so much more than just that.

b) You ARE sitting on the sidelines. The Devs are the ones who make the changes. You are the same as everyone else on the forums, and your suggestion is weighted no more than anyone else who posts here. Everyone's suggestions outside of bugfixes are VALID, and it is not up to you what they will or will not fix.

Other people have the right to attempt to "guide eric's hand".

c)Eric is ultimately not the one who makes the decision, and considering that he said they are "currently working on it" that means that they have already made up their minds how to proceed with it. No matter how many times you repeat yourself in this thread, it will be fixed the way the DEVELOPERS decide to fix it.

Now please, respond to this one more time by copy pasting the last 4 days worth of your posts here, and repeating yourself just one more time. One more magical time and eric will come in here and answer, on a saturday night when we all know that they are at home relaxing and not monitoring the forums.

You are obsessing over this. There is no doubt you have led a crusade to bring this to light, and there is no doubt about what you believe needs to be fixed. You have spoken your mind, now let others do the same.

A. I bought it through packs, and the GTN, and as the Joveth and Damien said, that is equally the same importance back when 1.6.2 happened.

B. Doesn't mean I am going to let my opinion get drowned by 4 others who want a completely different set. The current should be respected.

C. Yes he is, and he has changed his mind before, and I am making sure he and everyone else doesn't forget that if they rehash the existing set into something new made from scratch it would cause a repitition of the past about 1.6.2

D.Bet your *** I lead a crusade to get the set fixed, I was commonly whispered in-game saying I am complaining about a issue that isn't important, yet look at where we are now.

E. I am still waiting for someone to point out a reason to contradict why they should destroy the old set with what I posted above. so far I have only been given slander and insults to my person.

Obsessed? If your favorite favorite watch that you spent over a hundred dollars to get yourself which had a flaw and the watchmaker said he would fix it, with other people saying they want additions that would affect yours because they want different features from a different brand that you don't want would you just sit back and no say anything?

I can promise you, I got nothing better to do besides play Swtor, debate in this thread why the current set should be respected watch doctor who, work, and learn cooking recipies. I can do most of those at the same time.

Edited by Magnusheart

A. I bought it through packs, and the GTN, and as the Joveth and Damien said, that is equally the same importance back when 1.6.2 happened.

B. Doesn't mean I am going to let my opinion get drowned by 4 others who want a completely different set. The current should be respected.

C. Yes he is, and he has changed his mind before, and I am making sure he and everyone else doesn't forget that if they rehash the existing set into something new made from scratch it would cause a repitition of the past about 1.6.2

D.Bet your *** I lead a crusade to get the set fixed, I was commonly whispered in-game saying I am complaining about a issue that isn't important, yet look at where we are now.

Obsessed? If your favorite favorite watch that you spent over a hundred dollars to get yourself which had a flaw and the watchmaker said he would fix it, with other people saying they want additions that would affect yours that you don't want would you just sit back and no say anything?

I can promise you, I got nothing better to do besides play Swtor, debate in this thread why the current set should be respected watch doctor who, work, and learn cooking recipies. I can do most of those at the same time.

a)once again you miss the point. They never sold you Revan's suit. They sold you Cartel packs.

b)fine keep barking, you are just proving to be more and more detached from reality

c)Eric is the community manager, not the design lead. And they have already set to work fixing the set, they will fix what they will now.

d) refer to B

Your whole "watch" scenario seems highly convoluted and the comparison is quite stretched. I would never get so damn bent out of shape over a watch, or a video game. Because seriously...who wear watches?

But if I ever found myself locked into a situation where my favorite watch was getting changed. And if I decided to voice my opinion to the watchmaker. And then ALL these other people out there who are so obsessed with their timepieces, voiced their opinions. And then I somehow found out that their ideas were different than mine(because I want to spend time on a watchmaker forum). I'd say "hey...they spent just as much money for the watch as I did" and I'd say "hey I guess the watchmaker has other people's ideas to consider besides mine"

Now then, you are clearly obsessed, and I no longer wish to debate this with you. I have spoken my mind and I am content. By all means, continue in your loop.

a)once again you miss the point. They never sold you Revan's suit. They sold you Cartel packs.

b)fine keep barking, you are just proving to be more and more detached from reality

c)Eric is the community manager, not the design lead. And they have already set to work fixing the set, they will fix what they will now.

d) refer to B

Your whole "watch" scenario seems highly convoluted and the comparison is quite stretched. I would never get so damn bent out of shape over a watch, or a video game. Because seriously...who wear watches?

But if I ever found myself locked into a situation where my favorite watch was getting changed. And if I decided to voice my opinion to the watchmaker. And then ALL these other people out there who are so obsessed with their timepieces, voiced their opinions. And then I somehow found out that their ideas were different than mine(because I want to spend time on a watchmaker forum). I'd say "hey...they spent just as much money for the watch as I did" and I'd say "hey I guess the watchmaker has other people's ideas to consider besides mine"

Now then, you are clearly obsessed, and I no longer wish to debate this with you. I have spoken my mind and I am content. By all means, continue in your loop.

Edit: Your reasoning of A is contradictiary of what happened in 1.6.2 Bioware changed the set to show what was advertised in the packs. specifically this was about the phantom set. I am pretty sure you, or a family member have peronsally complained at a store like walmart about the contents of what you bought are not what was on the box. Like buying a Ipad with a Ipod Shuffle from 2009 in the box instead. Exact same scenario. Both have ipod in the name, made from the same company but are completely different in looks and design.

Define your meaning of Obession, I don't sit in a basement 30 feet underground every single night reading this thread. In fact, around the pages of 25-30ish I was doing it between my afternoon walk with my dog and brother jogging. and right now I am doing it from an Ipad while watching PewDiePie on youtube. I have a Text Message like setting on my Ipad, it dings when the thread is posted on because its set on my watched thread list next to the currently dieing demand thread to make it easier to gear HK made by Aelther..

And to reuturn to the topic, almost none of you guys are doing anything but just insulting me. So lol to that. Like I said before, I'm not going to bend over backwards to let them consider changing the existing set besides the 3 respective bugs because other people think it needs more. And if it happens, Like the people of the P&S 1.6.2 thread. I will demand a refund. Counting the 180$ from BB packs, the 210 or so from SP backs, and the 2.75mill credits I spent on the belt.

Edited by Magnusheart

Only if the devs wernt so lazy at fixing bugs and not creating more and trying to fix those and makes them ignore the fact that the original bug is still there, more ppl will be happy.

simple solution for capes

give capes the animation of when u are on taxi (or rest on speeder) for regular mounts. For chairs and cars: just have the cape sit right under the model.

Tell me now if the game engine cant allow that.

Edited by DarthSlin

An easier solution would be them making one with a cape and slapping it in the contraband release rep vendor. So then almost everyone would get what they want. People who want a caped verison would get their cape, and the players who don't want a cape like me, Aeon, and 3 guildies in my imp guild who hate the flutteryness of the capes in this game. Edited by Magnusheart

An easier solution would be them making one with a cape and slapping it in the contraband release rep vendor. So then almost everyone would get what they want. People who want a caped verison would get their cape, and the players who don't want a cape like me, Aeon, and 3 guildies in my imp guild who hate the flutteryness of the capes in this game.

What about making a classic and canon version would also be easier. Classic would have the "bug" fixes and the Canon would be the exact one from KOTOR 1 and Briefly in KOTOR 2. People can have their choice when they get a gear conversion item in the mail.

Technically speaking the current is just as much to be labeled canon as the other one.

They could just fix the current as is. and release in a different pack a Darth Revan's gear which is more kotor themed. Which is the Bioware themed choice. because that means they don't have to mail anything because nothing more than bug fixes occured, and they can continue their pricing in the new series packs which are the ones currently hosting kotor themed items.

Tbh though, its nice discussing this with people who are offering constructive ideas, instead of fighting over whats their opinion of how something should look.

Edited by Magnusheart

Still waiting for you to give a legitimate reason to contradict on why you have more right to destroy a set and have it replaced by something that doesn't exist yet over people who bought the set for what it is now.

I already have. Post 432, while Post 439 has instructions for you.

Please refer to them and end your Groundhog Day experience.

Technically speaking the current is just as much to be labeled canon as the other one.

You know even if it is "canon on paper" it does not make it right. Imagine if star wars episode 7 showed a flashback of vader and his UNIQUE ARMOR would look exactly like Imperial Guard, except it would be black. Yes it would be "canon on paper" that apparently vader dressed as a black imperial guard and never had "unique model" but disney would get torn into a bunch of pieces by an army of raging nerds for such lazyness and lack of attention to details regarding MAJOR CHARACTERS. And you can bet your **s they would demand that black imperial guard armor to be changed to Vader's original suit. And those raging nerds would not care that disney claims it's "canon" and that maybe some movie critic or fashion designer somewhere likes it that way.

Why do you think we call these armor pieces by the name of the owner? It's because THEY ARE UNIQUE TO THAT CHARACTER. When you see the outfit you instantly know "oh that's Vader", or "oh that's definitely Bastila Shan". However in swtor when I look at Revan's gear I think "oh look, it's some.... generic sith inquisitor guy".

The problem is not so much that they changed his look, but more that IT'S NOT UNIQUE. There's plenty of outfits that look the same and plenty of NPCs that look pretty much the same.

And like I said if they can make other kotor character's sets looks pretty similar to their KOTOR version (Even a simple sith trooper set from kotor looks great) then they can also make Revan's set look properly. Revan DESERVES IT MORE THAN ANY OTHER KOTOR CHARACTER that got his / her outfit right (or nearly right).

Sure I know some people want their "generic sith inquisitor guy" look on Republic side, so fine, remove the word "Revan's" from it, fix the bugs and leave it be. But make a proper Revan's outfit. One that requires no name for people to know, that "That's definitely Revan right there!" and give Revan NPC that new outfit as well.

And you could put it in new packs or some new cartel reputation vendor, I don't care, I'd still pay for REAL Revan's set.

Edited by Aelther

Except Bioware created the Revan character, they have every right to designate what armor is what charactors as canon. It doesn't matter if he had a certain armor from one game or a book. If Bioware, the creators of Revan want to say his current in game set is Revan's set, then it's the canon set. Deal with it.

Except Bioware created the Revan character, they have every right to designate what armor is what charactors as canon. It doesn't matter if he had a certain armor from one game or a book. If Bioware, the creators of Revan want to say his current in game set is Revan's set, then it's the canon set. Deal with it.

So you're saying you would be just fine if Vader wore black Imperial guard outfit in a flashback scene, instead of his Unique outfit, JUST BECAUSE disney owns him and did not feel like putting an effort into taking his unique outfit out of the wardrobe?

Also, let me quote (would have linked a clip, but couldn't find it) a few lines from South Park Season 6, episode 9 called "Free Hat":

Kyle: You yourself led the campaign against the colorization of films. You understand why films shouldn't be changed.

George Lucas: M-that's different. These are my movies. I made them, and I have the right to do whatever I want with them

Stan: [steps forward] You're wrong, Mr. Lucas. They're not your movies. They're ours. All of ours. We paid to go see them, and they're just as much a part of our lives as they are of yours.

Kyle: When an artist creates, whatever they create belongs to society

George Lucas: Have I... become so old that I've forgetten what being an artist is about?

Stan: Give the print to us so that we can protect it from Spielberg and anyone else who wants to alter it.

We're in pretty much the same situation here. Bioware CHANGED the unique outfit of a major character to some generic one that looks nearly exactly the same as a bunch of other outfits and we just want it restored to the original KOTOR look. And while I can't speak for others, at least I would buy it again if it was released. I'm not asking for the current one that I already own to be changed, a new separate set would be just fine.

Edited by Aelther

I know this is a bit late to the debate, but for what it is worth at this point...

I had a friend tweet Drew Karpyshyn a few days ago to ask his thoughts on the matter (I don't do twitter).

The question was basicly what he thought about the difference in Revan's clothes per/post 300 year nap.

@DrewKarpyshyn

That's more of an art question, and I'm not really an art guy. But 300 years have passed, so maybe he changed clothes? #SWTOR

12:16 PM - 12 May 13

@DrewKarpyshyn

That's more of an art question, and I'm not really an art guy. But 300 years have passed, so maybe he changed clothes? #SWTOR

12:16 PM - 12 May 13

Yeah, but didn't he spend all 300 years in stasis, while emperor was trying to probe his mind? When did he change it? Also it's already changed, because when he was captured he was wearing a standard brown jedi robe and his unique mask. Yet in swtor we find him with "his" set... that is "his only by name", cause it does not look like "his".

So yeah it is an art question. Because when you try to make an argument using canon, everything will make even less sense.

And like I said when making a game, they probably did not consider Revan important enough to model him a unique outfit, so they just took inquisitor robe and changed textures a little bit. Seems to be the most likely explanation to me.

Edited by Aelther

So you're saying you would be just fine if Vader wore black Imperial guard outfit in a flashback scene, instead of his Unique outfit, JUST BECAUSE disney owns him and did not feel like putting an effort into taking his unique outfit out of the wardrobe?

Also, let me quote (would have linked a clip, but couldn't find it) a few lines from South Park Season 6, episode 9 called "Free Hat":

Kyle: You yourself led the campaign against the colorization of films. You understand why films shouldn't be changed.

George Lucas: M-that's different. These are my movies. I made them, and I have the right to do whatever I want with them

Stan: [steps forward] You're wrong, Mr. Lucas. They're not your movies. They're ours. All of ours. We paid to go see them, and they're just as much a part of our lives as they are of yours.

Kyle: When an artist creates, whatever they create belongs to society

George Lucas: Have I... become so old that I've forgetten what being an artist is about?

Stan: Give the print to us so that we can protect it from Spielberg and anyone else who wants to alter it.

We're in pretty much the same situation here. Bioware CHANGED the unique outfit of a major character to some generic one that looks nearly exactly the same as a bunch of other outfits and we just want it restored to the original KOTOR look. And while I can't speak for others, at least I would buy it again if it was released. I'm not asking for the current one that I already own to be changed, a new separate set would be just fine.

Your analogy would only work if they showed an in-game cut scene in sw:tor from kotor, depicting the armor. Please try again.

Your analogy would only work if they showed an in-game cut scene in sw:tor from kotor, depicting the armor. Please try again.

Why? Because I said vader in a flashback? Well I said that because VADER DIES in episode 6, while Revan is still alive in SWTOR... at least for a time.

No because you are trying to say they would try and show vader in trooper armor instead of his canon armor in a flashback. They haven't done that with Revan in sw:tor so your analogy doesn't apply.

/facepalm

What does it matter if it's a flashback or an actual scene. The problem is that character's OWN GEAR would be changed. Sure they may wear something else for a time, but it would not be referred to as "their's" outfit, because a bunch of other characters would be wearing the same thing. I mean vader wore a standard jedi robe before he got all chopped up and stuff. But we're not calling Jedi Robe "Vader's robe" because a bunch of jedi wore that. But we know His armor is "HIS" because noone else ever wore the same thing. But in swtor, there are npcs that have outfits that look the same as "Revan's unique outfit", thus making it unique no more. And that's because:

they probably did not consider Revan important enough to model him a unique outfit, so they just took inquisitor robe and changed textures a little bit

Anyway, good night for now, sir.

Edited by Aelther

/facepalm

What does it matter if it's a flashback or an actual scene. The problem is that character's OWN GEAR would be changed. Sure they may wear something else for a time, but it would not be referred to as "their's" outfit, because a bunch of other characters would be wearing the same thing. I mean vader wore a standard jedi robe before he got all chopped up and stuff. But we're not calling Jedi Robe "Vader's robe" because a bunch of jedi wore that. But we know His armor is "HIS" because noone else ever wore the same thing. But in swtor, there are npcs that have outfits that look exactly the same as "Revan's unique outfit", thus making it unique no more.

Lol. Anakin's Jedi robe is pretty unique compared to other Jedi robes. Find me one other jedi wearing Anakin's exact outfit and maybe your argument will hold weight.

And it does matter if it's a flashback or not. Because you are arguing that in the new movies they would show Vader in different armor other than what he is known to wear and trying to apply it to Revan's case, which I remind you has not been done. I accept he has a different outfit in the Kotor games but in SW:Tor in the current timeline shown that we all play in, he has a new outfit and that is currently considered his canon outfit by his creators Bioware.