Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

LOL, you "gambling pack" people crack me up. Call them "gambling packs" all you want, but they aren't considered "gambling" under any applicable law and they aren't "gambling" any more than buying a pack of baseball cards or countless other types of trading cards.

No real evidence for your statement that "many people" have paid RL money on packs to get Revan's armor, but I'm assuming you're talking about people trying to get the complete set including mask, gloves and belt. If you're talking about the chestpiece, that can be obtained for generally 20,000 to 40,000 credits on the GTN and there's always a bunch of them on there. Not like anyone would need to shell out significant RL money to get that.

1). They are gambling packs. You have to be a fool to say otherwise

2). I guarantee a good number of people purchased those packs for Revan's attire

3). Obviously the mask/belt/gloves are rare. In total, they cost around 10-14million on my server(All together)

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't say armor remake dude. He is Fixing the existing set.

Well, of course he is fixing it. We just don't know what it looks like now.

At the very least, I hope that they fix the current armor, and don't add any changes to it(AKA:Cape).

That should be an entirely new set.

Well, of course he is fixing it. We just don't know what it looks like now.

At the very least, I hope that they fix the current armor, and don't add any changes to it(AKA:Cape).

That should be an entirely new set.

Finally someone understands the difference between fixing a set, and adding onto a set.

as he mentioned in his previous post. Color Alterations.

Making it black again. Like it was before 1.6.1 http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Than it is now. http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

And the Double Hood Bug of course. WHICH BTW I found out where the bug originated.

Revan in the foundry gets this bug once his mask is equipped. All cutscenes without his mask on in the foundry he doesn't have the double hood bug. But obtains it when his mask is equipped on his NPC model.

Our outfit was coppied off that version of the NPC, and that is how we got the double hood bug on the item.

Finally someone understands the difference between fixing a set, and adding onto a set.

as he mentioned in his previous post. Color Alterations.

Making it black again. Like it was before 1.6.1 http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Than it is now. http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

And the Double Hood Bug of course. WHICH BTW I found out where the bug originated.

Revan in the foundry gets this bug once his mask is equipped. All cutscenes without his mask on in the foundry he doesn't have the double hood bug. But obtains it when his mask is equipped on his NPC model.

Our outfit was coppied off that version of the NPC, and that is how we got the double hood bug on the item.

I never realized that!!

I hope BioWare makes the right decision and fixes the Foundry version which people paid for (Credits and RL money).

I'd love for a separate KOTOR set as well as The Foundry fix, but I will settle with whatever we may be getting.

@ Eric Musco,

As with the other KOTOR character outfits, there should be only one outfit with the name Revan's on it. The look of the current set appears as a shortcut for the teams to get the content out as quickly as possible due to deadlines at the time (aka flashpoints etc). It carries the poorly created textures, before the extra effort was taken to create more decent looking CM character gear. Primary color is not dark enough. Appearance is a reskin of an already existing model (obvious). It's not unique enough to stand out as the great icon of the Old Republic as he should. With the lesser supporting characters, which of course have much more unique models for their style, better textures, and more true to the characters they were taken from than Revan's current appearance. It clearly shows that you, the Bioware staff are serious about making this right. It was a mistake early on, and should be amended. Better now than later. Thank You Eric, and the rest of the Bioware team for the announcement. I am very pleased for the update to his gear, and have been waiting ever since I first laid eyes on it to hear someone from Bioware to come forward and let us know that they will complete what was unfinished, and change what looked so obviously wrong. It is good news to know that the Bioware staff does not intend to create a whole new set for Revan's gear in order to leech more money (aka cash grab) out of customers than they already have in the past.

The set that is sold in packs, sold as the unlock "Armor of Darth Revan" in collections should not be altered other than the 2 remaining appearance bugs. Modifying an existing set has already had a raiding party attacking Bioware before on this matter. What has been advertised and sold as this armor IS the armor. No substitutions.

This is Swtor. This is Revan in SWTOR. This is not Kotor. You want Kotor, buy it off steam for 8 dollars.

All of Eric Musco's replies to this thread were using the word. FIX. Not UPDATE OR CHANGE.

People who like/own the existing verison of the set have more priority over a set that is sold over one that doesn't exist in this video game. They would never alter the set outside of bugfixes because

1. They would be liars over what they claimed to be doing. BUG FIXES.

2. Changing the set beyond what it was originally intended would spark a fight and people demanding refunds, which was proven when they 1.6.2 patch came into being.

3. The Ideal of a brand new set is not "bug fixes" And they would make more money making a new set and charging us more, than altering the current set beyond its bug fixes.

4. Eric Musco has only replied to this post with the word. FIX not NEW not Updated, not Upgraded. Fixed.

This entire thread was built for Fixing the 3 now 2 bug fixes on the set. Not making a new one. There is a suggestions section of the forums if you want to go there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a prime example of this, This is what you are asking Bioware to do, xorcist.

Valiant Jedi set.

Valiant Jedi set is sold, and gets a bug in a later patch. Giving it a Double Hood(up and down) and the brown of the robes is sold as light brown. Bioware says they will fix the appearance issues.

Now here is where you come in.

You are asking for the Valiant Jedi set to be permanently white cloth with black armor. and instead of a robe its a cape, Rocket Jetpack boots, Neon Gree Lights down the armor, and Lightsabers attached to the thigh of the leggings as an alternate holster.

Now then. Let us see what weighs on the scales more. Bug Fix or a complete 360 made from scratch change.

The amount of people who are asking for the appearance bug fix outweighs the amount of people asking for something entirely brand new.

If you ask, however in the correct section of the forums. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=415 Your opinion on a brand new set would hold more weight and value as it is not interfering with an existing outfit.

I've told you for the millionth time almost that You have a better chance at getting a Kotor Themed Revan set as a different item set in a different pack. And the people who MAKE NEW ARMOR read that section of the forums.

Edited by Magnusheart

@ Eric Musco,

As with the other KOTOR character outfits, there should be only one outfit with the name Revan's on it. The look of the current set appears as a shortcut for the teams to get the content out as quickly as possible due to deadlines at the time (aka flashpoints etc). It carries the poorly created textures, before the extra effort was taken to create more decent looking CM character gear. Primary color is not dark enough. Appearance is a reskin of an already existing model (obvious). It's not unique enough to stand out as the great icon of the Old Republic as he should. With the lesser supporting characters, which of course have much more unique models for their style, better textures, and more true to the characters they were taken from than Revan's current appearance. It clearly shows that you, the Bioware staff are serious about making this right. It was a mistake early on, and should be amended. Better now than later. Thank You Eric, and the rest of the Bioware team for the announcement. I am very pleased for the update to his gear, and have been waiting ever since I first laid eyes on it to hear someone from Bioware to come forward and let us know that they will complete what was unfinished, and change what looked so obviously wrong. It is good news to know that the Bioware staff does not intend to create a whole new set for Revan's gear in order to leech more money (aka cash grab) out of customers than they already have in the past.

As much as I prefer the KOTOR armor over the Foundry, BioWare will NOT change the set to the KOTOR one.

1). People paid RL money and in game credits for the Foundry version.

2). Look at what happened with the Spymasters/Phantom armor.

3). People would be less inclined to purchase armor from the CM market(Or gambling packs)

Even though I really want the KOTOR Revan armor, I understand why they can't just change the existing armor.

IMO, they should release KOTOR Revan to everybody who has The Foundry version for free(Items would be BOP), and re-release the KOTOR Revan in the CM Market(and the packs).

I am happy that they are at least fixing these bugs, but you know what the scary part is? " Current target for it is 2.2.1" The fix might not even happen in 2.2.1.... At least he communicated with us.

As I've said before, I think they would be more than justified in actually changing the set to actually look like Revan's armor. His in-game armor was clearly made by cutting a few corners, using little more than re-skins of existing items already in the game. Considering all of the other KotOR characters have totally custom graphics, I think it's only logical that Revan's be changed to use his own custom graphic.

Now, as I've also said, I definitely believe they should have a "Classic" version of his gear, as well. Because it's "Lore armor", they could just change the name to "Foundry Armor". But if the armor is going to be named for Revan himself, then it needs to look like Revan's armor, and not some cheap knock-off that only vaguely resembles it. If they could implement a way of making Hoods and Capes optional, then that would be fantastic, but if not, then again, make the armor in the image of its nakesake!

I'm happy to be getting the bugs themselves fixed, mind you. But I think this argument of "Oh, they better not change it, that would be 'wrong'" is, if not weak, then is no more justified than the other argument of "If it's called Revan's armor, it should *look* like Revan's armor". At the end of the day, it all comes down to preference, so hopefully BioWare will come up with a solution that satisfies both of us.

As I've said before, I think they would be more than justified in actually changing the set to actually look like Revan's armor. His in-game armor was clearly made by cutting a few corners, using little more than re-skins of existing items already in the game. Considering all of the other KotOR characters have totally custom graphics, I think it's only logical that Revan's be changed to use his own custom graphic.

Now, as I've also said, I definitely believe they should have a "Classic" version of his gear, as well. Because it's "Lore armor", they could just change the name to "Foundry Armor". But if the armor is going to be named for Revan himself, then it needs to look like Revan's armor, and not some cheap knock-off that only vaguely resembles it. If they could implement a way of making Hoods and Capes optional, then that would be fantastic, but if not, then again, make the armor in the image of its nakesake!

I'm happy to be getting the bugs themselves fixed, mind you. But I think this argument of "Oh, they better not change it, that would be 'wrong'" is, if not weak, then is no more justified than the other argument of "If it's called Revan's armor, it should *look* like Revan's armor". At the end of the day, it all comes down to preference, so hopefully BioWare will come up with a solution that satisfies both of us.

That was what revan wore as a darth. He is no longer Smith, so he no longer wears the garments. They have said they will fix the bug and that's great, I have the set unlocked in collections account wide and would be furiously upset if they changed it because I unlocked the set as it was, under the impression they will fix the double hood bug.

Plus isn't the inquisitor a redskin of revans armor? The flashpoint was made well before then cartel market.

Edited by Greenify

That was what revan wore as a darth. He is no longer Smith, so he no longer wears the garments. They have said they will fix the bug and that's great, I have the set unlocked in collections account wide and would be furiously upset if they changed it because I unlocked the set as it was, under the impression they will fix the double hood bug.

Plus isn't the inquisitor a redskin of revans armor? The flashpoint was made well before then cartel market.

Unlikely, as there are many other chests that use a similar graphic, and Revan's own armor looks markedly different from the existing version.

Also, you can't just throw out a double-standard like that; you bought the armor under the assumption they would fix the double-hood, but even though it's implied they *might* do something more in the same post, that part you choose to ignore?

Like I said, at the end of the day, we each just have our own preferences. I'm a purist, so I would prefer to see them modify the armor to mirror his original appearance. Others would prefer to keep the existing style, for other reasons. There's nothing wrong with having a difference in opinion; the part that makes me upset is when people actively try to make one view out to somehow seem "outrageous" as compared to the other. Both points of view have strong points; let's just leave it at that.

Magnusheart,

I don't remember asking for your opinion. This is an A and B conversation, so why don't you C your way out of it.

I've already shut down your arguments in addition to exposing you many times over. You have nothing of worth left to offer. It is already in progress.

As much as I prefer the KOTOR armor over the Foundry, BioWare will NOT change the set to the KOTOR one.

3). People would be less inclined to purchase armor from the CM market(Or gambling packs)

Even though I really want the KOTOR Revan armor, I understand why they can't just change the existing armor.

IMO, they should release KOTOR Revan to everybody who has The Foundry version for free(Items would be BOP), and re-release the KOTOR Revan in the CM Market(and the packs).

I am happy that they are at least fixing these bugs, but you know what the scary part is? " Current target for it is 2.2.1" The fix might not even happen in 2.2.1.... At least he communicated with us.

This argument is moot. The changes are already in progress.

Oh this thread lives again!

Well my opinion remains unchanged:

If it is changed to look like it should (as in KOTOR version) then I will be incredibly happy.

If it is only "fixed", BUT renamed to whatever else AND in the new pack we get a KOTOR version, then even better.

If it is only "fixed", without any kind of addition of REAL (kotor) Revan's outfit then I'm still gonna be disappointed how other kotor characters received proper outfits, while the most important one got the middle finger.

Edited by Aelther

That was what revan wore as a darth. He is no longer Smith, so he no longer wears the garments.

Yes he is no longer a sith. In fact storywise he should be wearing a BROWN JEDI ROBE, but since most people do not follow or know the full story, they simply made him wear his sith outfit, because that is how people know him.

It is clearly based on his sith outfit, they simply did not feel like he was important enough to have a unique model, so they only took an existing model and re-skinned it a bit so it would at least resemble his sith outfit.

And don't argue that it is NOT his sith outfit, because IT IS. LOOK HERE.

No it's not. There have been green versions of Revan's gear dropping at like lvl ~20 and I've seen NPCs with Revan's gear as early as tatooine, if not earlier. And EVEN if inquisitor's sets were based around Revan's set and not the other way around it does not change the point that IT IS NOT UNIQUE. IT MUST BE UNIQUE.

Why do you think we call these armor pieces by the name of the owner? It's because THEY ARE UNIQUE TO THAT CHARACTER. When you see the outfit you instantly know "oh that's Vader", or "oh that's definitely Bastila Shan". However in swtor when I look at Revan's gear I think "oh look, it's some.... generic sith inquisitor guy".

The problem is not so much that they changed his look, but more that IT'S NOT UNIQUE. There's plenty of outfits that look the same and plenty of NPCs that look pretty much the same.

And like I said if they can make other kotor character's sets looks pretty similar to their KOTOR version (Even a simple sith trooper set from kotor looks great) then they can also make Revan's set look properly. Revan DESERVES IT MORE THAN ANY OTHER KOTOR CHARACTER that got his / her outfit right (or nearly right).

Sure I know some people want their "generic sith inquisitor guy" look on Republic side, so fine, remove the word "Revan's" from it, fix the bugs and leave it be. But make a proper Revan's outfit. One that requires no name for people to know, that "That's definitely Revan right there!" and give Revan NPC that new outfit as well.

And you could put it in new packs or some new cartel reputation vendor, I don't care, I'd still pay for REAL Revan's set.

Edited by Aelther

This argument is moot. The changes are already in progress.

We don't know what the changes are, because EricMusco refuses to clarify anything.

First of all, let me state that I truly dislike(Possibly hate) The Foundry armor. It isn't canon and it was BioWare's way of cutting corners. It isn't unique, and I believe it tarnishes Revan's appearance and his legacy.

Having said that, as much as I would love for them to remake the armor into KOTOR, they simply can't. People purchased Revan's armor based on The Foundry. Aelther is 100% correct, the fact that it says "Darth Revan" is a mockery. That set should be the KOTOR set.

BioWare needs to make the right decision here and give players a free KOTOR set.

They should have 3 sets.

1). The Current(Foundry) set

2). Brown Jedi Robe(Which he should be wearing)

3). KOTOR Set(Which should be given to players for free)

I don't understand why they don't do this. Everybody would be pleased, I mean... it seems as if BioWare actually WANTS to piss players off.

We don't know what the changes are, because EricMusco refuses to clarify anything.

First of all, let me state that I truly dislike(Possibly hate) The Foundry armor. It isn't canon and it was BioWare's way of cutting corners. It isn't unique, and I believe it tarnishes Revan's appearance and his legacy.

Having said that, as much as I would love for them to remake the armor into KOTOR, they simply can't. People purchased Revan's armor based on The Foundry. Aelther is 100% correct, the fact that it says "Darth Revan" is a mockery. That set should be the KOTOR set.

BioWare needs to make the right decision here and give players a free KOTOR set.

They should have 3 sets.

I don't understand why they don't do this. Everybody would be pleased, I mean... it seems as if BioWare actually WANTS to piss players off.

I still don't think they're any more "obligated" to leave the armor as-is than they are to change but, but I totally agree with the idea of having several versions to choose from. Name the "Foundry Armor", "Revan's Armor", and "Darth Revan's Armor". Foundry would be the existing set, Revan's would use the brown Jedi robe (or maybe even something based loosely on the Star Forge robes?), and Darth Revan's would be the original set from KotOR.

In fact, that might work out better anyways, because they could eventually introduce two different Lightsabers in his name; Revan's Lightsaber, using his in-game lightsaber's graphic, and Darth Revan's Lightsaber, which could have the elongated hilt pulled straight from KotOR as well (which also happens to match his armor better, since it has just a touch of copper coloring).

Hey guys,

I was waiting to get 100% confirmation, the Revan's armor fix is not a part of Game Update 2.2. Current target for it is 2.2.1!

-eric

Thanx Eric for letting us know,

I'm so excited about the correction, I can be patient. :)

Toryn

As Greenify and SithEBM have pointed out,

And

t, I have the set unlocked in collections account wide and would be furiously upset if they changed it because I unlocked the set as it was, under the impression they will fix the double hood bug.

What is insulting is you guys mock the existing set. It was built in the alpha stages in the game. Arguably before ANY OTHER of its reskins. You guys act like Revan is wearing a swimsuit instead of his set. At the smallest reply of the CM of using the word. >Fixing< and Appearance Bugs. People go up and arms demanding something made from scratch. There is a fine line between a bug fix and a brand new remodeling. This is a damn good set and the fact they announced they are fixing the 2 of the remaining bugs on the set should be honored and not slapped at saying it isn't good enough in your opinion.

This set should be respected. They wont change an existing set without being cussed out for changing something beyond the boundaries of bug fixes. He is wearing his black robes(although the appearance bug made them light grey in 1.6.1) his bronze breastplate, and his sash is attached to the lower robe.

As Greenify and SithEBM have pointed out,

And

What is insulting is you guys mock the existing set. It was built in the alpha stages in the game. Arguably before ANY OTHER of its reskins. You guys act like Revan is wearing a swimsuit instead of his set. At the smallest reply of the CM of using the word. >Fixing< and Appearance Bugs. People go up and arms demanding something made from scratch. There is a fine line between a bug fix and a brand new remodeling. This is a damn good set and the fact they announced they are fixing the 2 of the remaining bugs on the set should be honored and not slapped at saying it isn't good enough in your opinion.

This set should be respected. They wont change an existing set without being cussed out for changing something beyond the boundaries of bug fixes. He is wearing his black robes(although the appearance bug made them light grey in 1.6.1) his bronze breastplate, and his sash is attached to the lower robe.

Also, I like having a hood but not the cloak which seems to be rather rare,

So we're probably not getting a hood down Revan robe soon, but will the color be fixed aswell? Because the double hood is not that much of a concern for me, but the ugly grey color of the robe. And it's interesting that the Maelstrom robe has different shoulders than the Foundry one.

So we're probably not getting a hood down Revan robe soon, but will the color be fixed aswell? Because the double hood is not that much of a concern for me, but the ugly grey color of the robe. And it's interesting that the Maelstrom robe has different shoulders than the Foundry one.

Musco did say something about color alterations to fix the color bug on the light grey instead of it being black.

as for the Maelstrom version of Revan. That was a change they did at launch.

In the beta, Revan had the shoulderpads like the Foundry version in the Maelstrom, Bioware changed it to have a hood down, but clipped through, and at the last patch before launch or so, they removed the shoulders because of the double hood in the MP FP(which is ironic because) When Revan in the foundry puts his mask on, he has the double hood bug, along with the gettable chestpeice we have now)

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/928Q6HY92Ec/maxresdefault.jpg

Then at the same time in beta. They broke all helmets that worked with hoods. so until about patch 1.2 or so. Revan in the foundry had no hood with his mask and thus you see.

http://www.buffed.de/screenshots/970x546/2012/03/SWTOR_Revan_02_Fabrik.jpg

They should have 3 sets.

Wrong. Bioware created the character. They have every right to dictate and deem what is canon and what isn't. If they say the Foundry armor is his canon outfit for SW:TOR. You have to deal with it.