Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

and Aelther, wrong. The armor in the game we can get was released in 1.6.0 the light grey bug came out in 1.6.1 and the second color bug came in 1.6.2. and this thread alone overturned their opinion about the double hoodbug.

Yes but the "skirt" had totally wrong textures. So what about those "poor" people who bough that wrong skirt because of it's then current looks and lost it because it got fixed to a bit less wrong texture.

That is true, we shouldn't be fighting eachother, but you guys are not aknowleging the fact that they wouldn't change it because of the Phantom and Spymaster change fiasco.

But the problem is that it's not a fact. it's debatable.

what you see is:

we will be changing <...> the double hood! <...> aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments

And you're forgetting these:

I will have more specifics later on <...> etc. in the armor overall.

I mean he already mentions BOTH fixing hood an colours, but he also adds "etc" and "more specifcs later on" which indicate that they will be changing something MORE. Our hope is that they are making it more like Kotor version.

So that's why we need clarifications.

Anyway, we all know this could end peacefully asap if they would just let us have both versions.

And for now:

Goodnight everybody!

Gonna be back tomorrow.

Edited by Aelther

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, just stop. Think about it like this.

I don't care about if they make a new set or not. That is not what I am concerned or worried about, I wouldn't care if they made a new set, that would be fine and dandy.

What I am saying is they cannot change the set that is OUT AND AVAILABLE NOW. besides the current fixes. For the obvious reasons placed by the last incident they had when they changed an item people bought with money and for how it looked. And I am defending it not just because I prefer not having anything that can clip or flutter around buggy like in cutscenes or mounts, it's because that's what didn't happen when the spymaster and phantom bug happened. and the chaos that ensued after.

They need to fix the current, if they make a new set fine, but they cannot alter the current one outside of the existing bugs they promised to be rectified.

Edited by Magnusheart

I don't care about if they make a new set or not. That is not what I am concerned or worried about, I wouldn't care if they made a new set, that would be fine and dandy.

What I am saying is they cannot change the set that is OUT AND AVAILABLE NOW. besides the current fixes. For the obvious reasons placed by the last incident they had when they changed an item people bought with money and for how it looked.

It's not your concern. You're looking for attention.

As I've said before. Your not any more special than I am. I do not share your view about the set. I want the fix, and have wanted the fix plus the change ever since I've laid eyes on it. I bought it because it said "Revan's" on the gear. But I hated the look. if you wanted that look. You would've gotten the inquisitor's chest piece it was copied from. But I know you don't want that because it doesn't say "Revan's" on it. Otherwise you would've done so without spending any money.

Again. Don't play the wounded man for me. I see right through you. It's not the look you cared so much for. It's the name you wanted. You've already admitted to this without saying the words.

So don't start telling me stories about they can't do this and they can't do that because etc etc. I don't buy it. You keep on repeating the same thing over and over. I can do the same and keep calling you out on it if you want.

As I've said before. Your not any more special than I am. I do not share your view about the set. I want the fix, and have wanted the fix plus the change ever since I've laid eyes on it. I bought it because it said "Revan's" on the gear. But I hated the look. if you wanted that look. You would've gotten the inquisitor's chest piece it was copied from. But I know you don't want that because it doesn't say "Revan's" on it. Otherwise you would've done so without spending any money.

Again. Don't play the wounded man for me. I see right through you. It's not the look you cared so much for. It's the name you wanted. You've already admitted to this without saying the words.

So don't start telling me stories about they can't do this and they can't do that because etc etc. I don't buy it. You keep on repeating the same thing over and over. I can do the same and keep calling you out on it if you want.

Can't get another chestpeice like it on the republic fleet, Investigators doesn't count. also, it won't be the same for all the female players because all of that model but revans turns to a sports bra. Thus your also insulting the female playerbase of this game who ware it.

Secondly. The fix is all that matters, if they make another thats just fine. They cannot just alter the current set into something different without backlash. but why do I bother when you also pretend the phantom and spymaster change flame war never existed.

Can't get another chestpeice like it on the republic fleet, Investigators doesn't count. also, it won't be the same for all the female players because all of that model but revans turns to a sports bra. Thus your also insulting the female playerbase of this game who ware it.

Secondly. The fix is all that matters, if they make another thats just fine. They cannot just alter the current set into something different without backlash. but why do I bother when you also pretend the phantom and spymaster change flame war never existed.

Keep it coming.

So don't start telling me stories about they can't do this and they can't do that because etc etc. I don't buy it.

Edited by xorcist

Before I even start my argument on why they cannot change the current revan set outside the 3 bugs, let me keep this posted as a reminder to you, and other players or mods.

Keep it coming.

So don't start telling me stories about they can't do this and they can't do that because etc etc. I don't buy it.

Really? then why are you 80% insults, 20% I want it like this I don't care. and 15% Unable to come up with a legitimate argument to your reasoning besides using the word "I" or "Me"

Now then to quote your reply, and openly saying you don't care about other players feelings towards how they would feel if they changed Revan's existing set into something completely different than what it is now.

To completely change Revan's armor as seen in the foundry to the one seen in Kotor 1 these are the consequences . It would piss of:

1. The people who spent millions of credits to complete this set.

2. The people who bought blockade runner/space pirate pack to get this set with real money. I spent almost 400$ alone for both packs to complete mine, If they change it, I want my mother *********** money back.

3. The people who have partial parts of this set, and are using it in conjunction with other swtor sets to have their own "personal" set.

4. The people who prefer this set to the original because its not over cluttered it that it would looks hideous.

Bioware wont risk the money.

So while all of you are demanding to have the current changed completely into something new. You would piss off almost thousands. And that isn't fair.

and your reply is.

1 through 4 = No.

Now then, I will begin and list every almost single reason why they cannot change the existing Revan set besides the Double Hood bug, and the light grey chest color bug, and lower robe brown color bug.

Edit: Xorcist I doubt you would even bother reading this post, because you already openly deny all players who suffered the spymaster/phantom flame war happened, and you also openly admit you don't care about players who like the current, and openly spend your post time insulting me directly instead of coming up with a valid argument. But let me tell you, Xorcist, you should read this post below and get your ignorance of other players feelings, and wallets they put in this game into play before people see you as a selfish, shellfish who is also sexist towards female players. or... well guys who play girl characters.

Edit: 0.5 This thread was, and replied to by Eric, about BUG FIXES. Not entire changes.

1. Come up with a legitimate argument that isn't "Nan naner poodoo I don't care what you do, I am god." like my autistic older brother does. Because you want to change the current set into something 100% different, and don't care about the consequences or repercussions of players who like the current that would rise up and flame the forums because they logged in seeing the armor they have on completely changed to their disliking.

There will be enough who would log on. How do I know this will happen? IT HAPPENED BEFORE. and people who suffered the Phantom and Spymaster change who read the forums would also support it saying people who liked the old set version deserves every right to have it for it is what they bought.

Now then, let me rustle some F.A.C.T.S into your system.

2. I (meaning me and republic players) cant get another "inquisitor" like chestpeice as you call it like revan's current republic side (Investigators doesnt count and here is why.) The Color patterns are different even if you try with armor dyes, it wouldn't remotely be the same, and Revan's Lower robe is the only one like it that is moddable. This is the only one with a bronze breastplate instead of a cloth chest center, and it wont work the same on female characters(Any version of this model type outside of Revans becomes a sports bra), So you openly are giving the finger to female players who use this. and I know a few who do on Jung Ma. - And this IS Revan's armor, like it or not. It is what he wore when the game came out, it is what was sold in the pack with his name on it, and what was put on the cover of the blockade runner set. They advertised it, labeled it, and sold it. meaning they have to abide to what it looks like. (3 bugs aside)

3. You continue to pretend and openly ignore the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco which if they change revans current set 100% completely different would start a flame war exactly the same.

4. If you want to not only give the finger to screw over the female players who like the set for how it is now, the players who like the set the way it is now, Then you can give me, and all of them our money back or credits in which they got their Revan set. So thats 400$ and 2 million credits for me, Think you got enough for the other people who would complain they set got changed entirely. (outside of the 3 bugs)

If you would actually get your head out of your bantha. You would actually look and read the Phantom and Spymaster Change thread with over 1150 posts, and 116 pages of people fighting back and forth. With the End result being the "classic" armor.

In fact, here is the link to it to save you the time. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

Former Community Manager Joveth, Damien, HAVE BOTH SAID. They wont repeat this mistake again. and which is why Eric was afraid to fix Revan's 3 appearance bugs in the firstplace. Which got overturned by this thread asking it to be Fixed, Not changed to something players didn't pay for.

People paid money for the advertised Revan armor on the blockade runner pack, that is what they bought, NOT what something hasn't even been made yet. Through that fact alone is why they P and S thread war started. and why it won't happen to the current Revan Armor.

Eric Musco said they were fixing Revans Double Hood and the color fixes with more details on the way. Obviously meaning the current set will be fixed to the way it was supposed to look when this game came out.

They cannot further alter the Current Beyond the 3 bugs. For that very reason, For a Kotor Themed looking Revan set were to exist. It would have to come out in a different pack. like a [Darth Revan [insert Armor slot here]] with the yellow item flavor text under it saying "A replica of what Darth Revan wore during the Jedi Civil War."

Other than that, they can't risk to change the current set.

I will reiterate this isn't about whats canon, or what people want. It is about money, and the threats they would get to demand of a refund if they don't get to keep what they purchased when they purchased it and not be changed from what it is, to something entirely different. Like exactly what happened last time with the Phantom and Spymaster thread. And they know, Very well. It would be easier for them to keep the current than change the current if it meant having to refund over a hundred dollars. It is not a matter of whats is Canon, or not, or if a hand full of forum posters wanting the current set to be changed 100% into something else. It is about money..

THIS is what they released as Revan when the game came out, and what was advertised, and sold in the Blockade Runner(and Space Pirate) cartel packs. And for the sole purpose of the last flame war on changing existing gear, that is why they have to keep it as.

If you want THIS They would have to make it a second set sold in a different pack to not upset other players. and before you assume and say. "I don't see other people saying they like it as is" Keep in mind, ALL of the players who liked the "classic" version of the cartel gear, didn't know about the change until after it happened in game, then they logged on the forums and that is how it happened.

I wouldn't mind a KOTOR themed Revan set, Hell, I would put it on Lord Scourge and Xalec. As long as they don't change the current set into something that it wasn't when it was advertised, sold, and purchased half a year ago. Because at least SithEBM and Aelther know this, and are trying to make it so a second set is made without disturbing the current existing set.

And finally let me remind you guys a quote from Millions.

This thread was started because of a bug. They responded about the bug. The robe in game is canon, and "real". He specifically references there being a bug "However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place." They are talking about fixing the bug.

All of this has been about bug fixes. People are misinterperating

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

-eric

"More than just the double hood!" Did anyone else just think he was referring to what is later said in the same paragraph the "See some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall." I have trouble understanding what people are getting from a thread about bug fixes to. "What if, they change the existing set to something else?" It is almost a guaranteed 90% they are just meaning a bug fix, which translates to almost 200 posts on here that are blown out of proportion.

I have now listed almost every single reason on why they cannot change the existing items(outside the 3 bug fixes) in the cartel market that is labeled. [Revan's -------] I would not mind a different set that is more like the Kotor version. but it Cannot interfere with the existing items for all of these reasons.

Edited by Magnusheart

1. what the **** are you talking about.

2. I cant get another inquisitor like chestpeice. This is the only one with a bronze breastplate instead of a cloth chest center, and it wont work the same on female characters(Any version of this model type outside of Revans becomes a sports bra), So you openly are giving the finger to female players who use this. and I know a few who do on Jung Ma. - And this IS Revan's armor, like it or not. It is what he wore when the game came out, it is what was sold in the pack with his name on it, and what was put on the cover of the blockade runner set.

3. You continue to pretend to ignore the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco which if they change revans current set completely would start a flame war exactly the same.

4. If you want to not only give the finger to screw over the female players who like the set for how it is now, the players who like the set the way it is now, Then you can give me, and all of them our money back or credits in which they got their Revan set. So thats 400$ and 2 million credits for me, Think you got enough for the other people who would complain they set got changed entirely outside of the 3 bugs?

If you would actually get your head out of your bantha. You would actually look and read the Phantom and Spymaster Change thread with over 1150 posts, and 116 pages of people fighting back and forth. With the End result being the "classic" armor.

Former Community Manager Joveth, Damien, HAVE BOTH SAID. They wont repeat this mistake again.

People paid money for the advertised Revan armor on the blockade runner pack, that is what they bought, NOT what something hasn't even been made yet. Through that fact alone is why they P and S thread war started. and why it won't happen to the current Revan Armor.

Eric Musco said they were fixing Revans Double Hood and the color fixes with more details on the way. Obviously meaning the current set will be fixed to the way it was supposed to look when this game came out.

They cannot further alter the Current Beyond the 3 bugs. For that very reason, For a Kotor Themed looking Revan set were to exist. It would have to come out in a different pack. like a [Darth Revan [insert Armor slot here]] with the yellow item flavor text under it saying "A replica of what Darth Revan wore during the Jedi Civil War."

I will reiterate this isn't about whats canon, or what people want. It is about money, and the threats they would get to demand of a refund if they don't get what it used to be when they purchased it. Like exactly what happened last time with the Phantom and Spymaster thread.

If you don't believe me, Look up the thread yourself.

Still trying to playing the wounded man. Even though I said you don't do it very well? Hey, I just call 'em the way I see em. I also see you're trying to put a spotlight on yourself about this. You saw your opportunity here and you took it. I'm just being honest is all. The gear was desirable because it was classified as "Revan's" gear that's it. Because I called you out on it. You keep trying to say it's about the money. I spent the money. Same as everyone else and can't wait to see the new changes. You think I'm alone? Not even close my friend. Not even close.

Forget about other no name brand sets. You just love using that as your anchor for your argument. It has no baring on Revan's character. Why? "They" are not iconic characters gear. They are not the symbol of the main character this story was built on. They are not lore pieces. In addition, lesser lore characters gear are more original and better looking than Revan's!? :confused: No, not right. and not acceptable. So don't worry about my money. I spent a huge amount of coin at the time on packs, to try for multiple sets of Revan's gear.

When Eric announced a change is in the works in this thread, I thought I was dreaming. It's about time. Bug fix plus more?:eek: Excellent, that's exactly what I want to hear. We're on the same page then.

You spent money on it? So did I. You're no more important than I am, remember?

They're not releasing another version after the change? Again, we're on the same page. The current style is depressing to look at, and I hate that it is a recolor of an already existing crappy model. Getting rid of those giant rolls on his shoulders, fixing the color, adding a cape, adding better textures, would be some of the things I would like to see. Its the right thing to do. If I feel that way? As the overwhelming posts also indicated. Fix it! The whole package, and thank you for seeing reason Bioware Austin staff.

And that puts this to rest.

However, you will still quote me. You will still give me the same song and dance as before. You will still tell me how wrong I am, Perhaps in different words. All because I figured you out.

And I will still tell you the same thing as before. Just like Groundhog day.

Edited by xorcist

So your argument is only.

80% Insults, 20%

His set he has not isn't good enough for my standards.

Nice, please, come back when you have something that can be valid to contradict the hundreds of people who bought Revan's existing set for how it looks and was advertised in the packs.

I might even give you a gold star if you can find a way to contradict everything I said in the post above with a reason that doesn't begin with use. Me, I, want, dream, don't care or refering to yourself. about changing Revan set's existing look into something entirely different.

Edited by Magnusheart

if you two are just going to insulting each other take it too private messages please.

I'm defending the existing set to stay how it looks (minus the bug fixes of course) and stating it with facts that do not revolve around myself but all the people who would be offened like the P&S change thread and comparing it to how it would start a war exactly like the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco. That he says and has no problem wanting to happen again to just turn his existing set into something that was not advertised when it was sold in the game. Literally, I am trying to prevent another Phantom vs Classic Phantom armor change flame war if what he wants would come to pass to change the existing set into something entirely different.

He is the one throwing out insults with little reasoning. :/

Imaginations over this has already blown out of proportion over people twisting and bending Eric's last comment on this thread. I am trying to constantly remind them that for the same reasons the Classic gear came into existence, Revan's current item set cannot be altered outside of the 3 appearance bugs that happened over time.

Edited by Magnusheart

Literally, I am trying to prevent another Phantom vs Classic Phantom armor change flame war if what he wants would come to pass to change the existing set into something entirely different.

Like I said before, the "Phantom vs Classic Phantom armor change flame war" will happen no matter whether they change it completely or just fix bugs. Because fixing bugs IS STILL A CHANGE. Now to us (and you) it seems ridiculous why would anyone prefer the bugged look but apparently they do. Just like you don't want it to have a cape for example, some people want the old 1.6 skirt, or the 1.6.2 fixed textures, BUT brown skirt or gray instead of black colours. Some people also like the double hood,

I wear my Revan chest piece with a, uhh....vinesilk face mask I think it is called. So on my character it works perfect because it doesn't put the hood over my head so it is laying across my back. Looks fine.

2) By wearing a headpiece that causes the hood to disappear you can effectively get a hood-down version of the armor. If they remove it then this is not possible until an actual toggle is in place. This may upset a certain amount of players who like this.

Also,

and Aelther, wrong. The armor in the game we can get was released in 1.6.0 the light grey bug came out in 1.6.1 and the second color bug came in 1.6.2. and this thread alone overturned their opinion about the double hoodbug.

It does not matter when which bugs appeared, because NOT EVERYONE BOUGHT IT ASAP AT RELEASE. Some bought it after 1.6.2 and they're money is still the same. And those who bought it at 1.6 will miss that old skirt's textures.

So people will be upset no matter what happens. It may seem that so far there's been very little opposition, but like I said:

people come to forums to complain and cry, rarely do they come here to say thanks. And most do not come here at all.

So until the actual change happens (no matter whether it's just a fix like you want, or a "KOTORisation" like I want) you will not see many people objecting. I can already imagine threads like "So you did it again, phantom & spymaster incident did not teach you anything" even if they JUST fix it.

Now of course the best possible solution may seem like having 2 sets. Fixed current one and KOTOR one for kotor fans (I'd surely pay a lot for that). But think what happens then. People who like the bugged set will say "oh you made a separate set for kotor fanboys, now make a separate one for those who like brown skirt or 2 hoods" Then other guys will say "oh you made another separate set with double hood. Now give us the one with the wrong textures on the skirt". And what then? Should they make a bunch of sets, like "Revan's set", "Darth Revan's Set", "Casual Revan's set", "Revan's set when he spilled his jawa juice all over his skirt". I mean if they add even one separate set, then everyone will want a bunch of different pieces based on each bug. Of course Bioware brought this on itself by getting it wrong so many times. That's probably the reason why they did not want to fix it in the first place. Because whatever they do people WILL complain.

My only hope is that since YOU WILL NEVER prevent this "Phantom vs Classic Phantom armor change flame war" you might as well make sure the LORE GEAR stays true to it's roots.

Edited by Aelther

EricMusco, Thank you for fixing the bugs with the Revan armor, however, we need clarification.

You need to elaborate on what you said.

1).

would like to see the armor be more canonical.

2).

we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on,

3).

we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor

1). What does that mean?

2). What does that mean?

3). What does that mean?

EricMusco, we need clarification.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

Magnusheart,

Please refer to post# 432.

Once you accept it, you will be at peace, and end your loop.

Also, LOL @ you trying not to quote me in the sense you think it would give me the satisfaction. :D

Edited by xorcist

Magnusheart,

Please refer to post# 432.

Once you accept it, you will be at peace, and end your loop.

Also, LOL @ you trying not to quote me in the sense you think it would give me the satisfaction. :D

Instead of continuing in this endless battle. (I believe I am right, you believe you are right, they believe that they are right), let's work together.

Arguing won't solve ANYTHING, without clarification. The fact that EricMusco hasn't made a comment leads me to believe that they are not even watching the forums. This argument has been going on for 3-4 days, and yet, no post, no clarification.

EricMusco, people have paid money to get The Foundry armor, people want to see the KOTOR armor, and your answer was so vague, it can be interpreted 4 different ways. Please.... it will only take 5-10minutes out of your day, to make a post and clarify the situation for all of us.

-eric

The problem is, Andryah, is that Eric said they were going to Fix Revan's doublehood and do the color adjustments for the light grey chest, and brown lower robe bug respectively. While only 1 set of Revan Items exist. and there are 3 versions of revans gear in this alone, The Master. (of the revanites and what the holo is based on item wise) Revan in the foundry which the set is based on, and Revan in the maelstrom without shouldpads and a hood down. In which a lot of players expected to be the "Classic Chestpeice top" when they added the space pirate pack to the game.

While people are taking what Eric said are using the word canonical to their own mental perspective. while another few dozen or so think they are changing Revans gear more than just the bugs. While I am constantly trying to point out. They cannot alter Revan's current set outside of the said bugs or else people would fight about it.

While SithEBM is trying to get Eric to reply again and is hoping for a second set made that is more of a Kotor Themed.

While Aelther is trying to get Eric to make a second set more Kotor Themed.

While Xorcist is busy spending most of his time on this thread flairing insults saying he doesn't care about if it screws over people who like the old set, he wants the old set destroyed and replaced with a set that doesn't exist yet.

While I am just trying to make sure Eric does what he originally set out to do and reads in here, I just want the bug fixes. Nothing more and nothing less than what he was going to originally investigate. I am not asking or barking down their throat saying they have to make a new set for the sake it isn't fair other characters got a more kotor like set compared to his.

Is it really so bad to be fine with how it is? Do we really need to kick and scream at them like children for a new set because the current one is older than the others?

While constantly having to dig up almost every single reason. (as I did on post number 431) On why they cannot alter the existing set further than just the bugs they ok'd with fixing or else it would cause a panic, and I don't want them to repeat the past.

Edited by Magnusheart

Instead of continuing in this endless battle. (I believe I am right, you believe you are right, they believe that they are right), let's work together.

Arguing won't solve ANYTHING, without clarification. The fact that EricMusco hasn't made a comment leads me to believe that they are not even watching the forums. This argument has been going on for 3-4 days, and yet, no post, no clarification.

EricMusco, people have paid money to get The Foundry armor, people want to see the KOTOR armor, and your answer was so vague, it can be interpreted 4 different ways. Please.... it will only take 5-10minutes out of your day, to make a post and clarify the situation for all of us.

-eric

Well if you want clarification from the community team. You'll have to be patient, and hold on for the time it's closer to release.

I honestly don't require clarification. Look at the clues, look at the evidence, look at everything. Put it all into perspective and you get a very clear picture of what is going on. You wont need visual stimulation to be satisfied. Even silence has the ability to speak volumes.

Just wanted to say thank you for listening to folks and acting on it too. I know the Revan hood thing has been around for a bit but seeing the quick responses recently from Devs on the board are really awesome. So thank you!

Hey while you're at it do you guys think you could get the cod flap on the Preceptor chest piece fixed too? It flips through the crotch area and out the butt. It's great looking armor but looks super weird so I won't wear it yet. Thanks again!:p

Oh and PS the armor looks fine on female toons but has the weird flap bug on male ones.:rak_cool:

Edited by carlbaratta
post script

Well if you want clarification from the community team. You'll have to be patient, and hold on for the time it's closer to release.

I honestly don't require clarification. Look at the clues, look at the evidence, look at everything. Put it all into perspective and you get a very clear picture of what is going on. You wont need visual stimulation to be satisfied. Even silence has the ability to speak volumes.

1st bolded response - You are probably right.

2nd bolded response - We need clarification.

-eric

Define clear, because according to Eric's Post, he said 2 things that are concrete. Fixing the double hood and the color alterations.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Nowhere does it say. "We are going to make a brand new set" or "We are going to change the entire set to be based off the first game"

You guys are taking the "More than just the double hood" in which he later says in the next sentence the color alterations.

More specifics later on almost defiantly meaning he is going to go into detail about the 3 bug fixes to let people understand the changes. Doing anything else would be stepping over peoples toes. They aren't going to make an entire new set from scratch from saying they are doing bug fixes, come on people. You have to remember its Bioware, Not Blizzard, they are not going to make a new outfit from scratch just because they feel like it. And when Blizzard did do updates to their major lore characters outfits, it was to keep them up to date after over 5 years.

You guys are just throwing acusations about them making a new set because your view of the word canonical is different to others. They made the original set to be worn on Revan, it isn't a year long placeholder.

Because according to former CM Joveth. back in 1.6.2 when they changed the lower robe's design to have the chain.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

[*]The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

The Revant outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan's armor in the game. Not another game, not art on a book. this game.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks.Its not about whats canonical, its about what exists, and what has happened so far.

They wouldn't change the existing set outside of the bug fixes for the money investment they have gotten off it so far. Because with the solid reasoning of the Phantom and Spymaster incident, Which I again, beg you all to remember. They cannot even risk doing anything else besides the bugs. Because they wouldn't be bug fixes, they would be alterations.

But apparently I am the only one looking at the Phantom and Spymaster Fiasco and seeing the comparison on why they can't do anything else, It was a major incident on Biowares behalf and they had to spend lots of time and resources they didn't have to really spend to fix it to everyone's needs. Directly meaning, besides the defined bug fixes on the appearance of "this" armor, They would not change it further to be yelled at and have to waste so much time and resources to make both parties happy, when they can just keep the one, and not make something that doesn't exist yet.

Edited by Magnusheart

Define clear, because according to Eric's Post, he said 2 things that are concrete. Fixing the double hood and the color alterations.

Nowhere does it say. "We are going to make a brand new set" or "We are going to change the entire set to be based off the first game"

You guys are taking the "More than just the double hood" in which he later says in the next sentence the color alterations.

More specifics later on almost defiantly meaning he is going to go into detail about the 3 bug fixes to let people understand the changes. Doing anything else would be stepping over peoples toes.

I don't think you need someone to define clear for you. Google: define clear and you will have the definition.

Eric's post is very clear. Revan's robes are changing more then just the bugs. What those extra changes, which are not specified, was clearly stated in that same post that he would have more specifics coming.

You, and others, are merely grasping at straws to argue, not facts. I mean one of your facts is the phantom/spymaster debockle. While its a fact that it happened, and money spent was a driving factor, the context in which you are implying it is a half-truth thus making it a straw in the argument to which you are grasping (albeit not alone).

The fact of the spymaster/phantom debockle was that they reased it bugged (much like revan's robe) then people, like you and even I, wanted it fixed. Bioware said whoops we'll fix it! They fixed it, then people flooding saying "I bought it for it's bugged look! No fair!! I spent money on that bug!" That was the debockle ending with bioware creating two sets.

In your argument you suggest that this will only occur if they change the revan set beyond the bug fixes. See where this became a half truth? The fact of your argument is the money anger aka phantom/spymaster debockle will occur even with the bug fix, thus making the meat of the argument really a moot point. Them changing it beyond the bugs will just cause you to switch sides on the argument.

It's also important to point out that everyone here arguing, both sides is the coin, spent something to get that set. Time, credits, real life currency. To place any more significance on your time and dollar over anyone else's isn't a argument. I believe that is why the guy you keep repeating this argument to isn't listening, it's inevitability regardless of outcome makes it moot.

Back to clarification from Eric, he said we'd get it clearly in his post. Hang on tight, it will be inbound.

You know what is valid in your argument tho? Your opinion:

- you want the bug fixes, but are worried about the changes.

-you think they should release a new version, leaving the old one (with bug fixes applied) to avoid repeating a mistake.

That is what community team needed to hear!

Here's mine:

-anything you do to this set will be better to me so fix/add away! I invested in this set just in hopes of this day coming! Investment may pay off!

- you will not avoid the same mistake unless you release 3 sets at this point, although simply doing a bug fix and non bug fix version would minimize a lot of it. Take the hit and move on! Or make everyone happy. Rock meet hard place.

You know what is valid in your argument tho? Your opinion:

- you want the bug fixes, but are worried about the changes.

-you think they should release a new version, leaving the old one (with bug fixes applied) to avoid repeating a mistake.

Thats not my opinion.

My opinion is this.

I want the bug fixes, and nothing else.

To add more changes would not be a bug fix. and using the same claim as the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco, I bought what was advertised in the blockade runner pack, not something that doesn't even exist yet. to have every right in which they did. To that point I have the right to say I demand to keep what I paid for. Not an entirely different armor set which isn't even made into the game yet to overlap what exists.

To the point, they change it form what was advertised, be it a third hood bug, adding a diamond watch to the set, turing the chain on his lower robe to be a belt mesh, or adding a cape, I demand my over 400 dollar refund from when the Blockade, and space pirate packs came out. and to that, it isn't just me.

This, so much this. I have no problem if they make a second set with a cape and called it Darth Revan's. If they don't and add a cape to the current version, then they had better prepare for major backlash. As I said before, I do not want a cape on Revan's chest piece.

It is not about what is canon, its about what people have already who purchased it for what it is now.

If you want a Kotor themed Revan set, it cannot interfere with the existing for that principle alone.

Edited by Magnusheart

Thats not my opinion.

My opinion is this.

I want the bug fixes, and nothing else.

To add more changes would not be a bug fix. and using the same claim as the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco, I bought what was advertised in the blockade runner pack, not something that doesn't even exist yet. to have every right in which they did. To that point I have the right to say I demand to keep what I paid for. Not an entirely different armor set which isn't even made into the game yet to overlap what exists.

To the point, they change it form what was advertised, be it a third hood bug, adding a diamond watch to the set, turing the chain on his lower robe to be a belt mesh, or adding a cape, I demand my over 400 dollar refund from when the Blockade, and space pirate packs came out. and to that, it isn't just me.

It is not about what is canon, its about what people have already who purchased it for what it is now.

If you want a Kotor themed Revan set, it cannot interfere with the existing for that principle alone.

You quoted my paraphrase of your opinion and then restated your opinion that was what I paraphrased but with a lot more words... I think you are just arguing to argue at this point.

Heck I even said your opinion is valid, although I don't share it...

Not that a opinion needs anyone else to validate it let alone my validation lol

You are a repeating record at this point tho and as nobody needs to validate your opinion, thoughts or feelings, they don't need you telling them theirs are invalid or wrong either. People can speculate the "changes" all they want. Until we get those details Eric said we'd get, nobody knows. These changes could just mean some enhanced textures, not a cape, that you may fall in love with once seen. Again, your opinion has been expressed, hange on tight for some more details! :)

Edited by Shikyo

You quoted my paraphrase of your opinion and then restated your opinion that was what I paraphrased but with a lot more words... I think you are just arguing to argue at this point.

Heck I even said your opinion is valid, although I don't share it...

Because its not an opinion, its the explanation on why they can't. Which people constantly overlook on this matter.

Why are so many of you kicking and screaming like a child to a parent asking for a brand new outfit over the old one, when it was given out first? Because what? You're jealous the other sets look more like another other game? Thats because they were never featured in this game, Revan was released at Swtors launch, his robes are the swtor and the original developers version, and are canon as for he wears it in this game because his set is not only sold to us with his name on it claiming it is based of his set. But that people bought it for how it was now.

Edited by Magnusheart

While Xorcist is busy spending most of his time on this thread flairing insults saying he doesn't care about if it

Please refer back to Post# 432. and 439.

Thank you.

Edited by xorcist

Please refer back to Post# 432. and 439.

Thank you.

No, let me refer you to post 431 because you specifically refuse to care about other players opinions outside of yourself like the biggest ignorant jerk I have ever seen. Your only argument is you want them to change the existing set and fling insults and cryptic prophecies which are not shared. And you still pretend the Phantom and Spymaster set incident never happened.

To add more changes (beyond the 3 bugs) would not be a bug fix. and using the same claim as the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco, I bought what was advertised in the blockade runner pack, not something that doesn't even exist yet. to have every right in which they did. To that point I have the right to say I demand to keep what I paid for. Not an entirely different armor set which isn't even made into the game yet to overlap what exists.

To the point, they change it from what was advertised, be it a third hood bug, adding a diamond watch to the set, turing the chain on his lower robe to be a belt mesh, or adding a cape, I demand my over 400 dollar refund from when the Blockade, and space pirate packs came out. and to that, it isn't just me.

Xorcist, Come up with a legitimate argument that isn't "Nan naner poodoo I don't care what you do, I am god." like my autistic older brother does. Because you want to change the current set into something 100% different, and don't care about the consequences or repercussions of players who like the current that would rise up and flame the forums because they logged in seeing the armor they have on completely changed to their disliking.

post 431

-------------------------------------------------------

Before I even start my argument on why they cannot change the current revan set outside the 3 bugs, let me keep this posted as a reminder to you, and other players or mods.

Keep it coming.

Really? then why are you 80% insults, 20% I want it like this I don't care. and 15% Unable to come up with a legitimate argument to your reasoning besides using the word "I" or "Me"

Now then to quote your reply, and openly saying you don't care about other players feelings towards how they would feel if they changed Revan's existing set into something completely different than what it is now.

To completely change Revan's armor as seen in the foundry to the one seen in Kotor 1 these are the consequences . It would piss of:

1. The people who spent millions of credits to complete this set.

2. The people who bought blockade runner/space pirate pack to get this set with real money. I spent almost 400$ alone for both packs to complete mine, If they change it, I want my mother *********** money back.

3. The people who have partial parts of this set, and are using it in conjunction with other swtor sets to have their own "personal" set.

4. The people who prefer this set to the original because its not over cluttered it that it would looks hideous.

Bioware wont risk the money.

So while all of you are demanding to have the current changed completely into something new. You would piss off almost thousands. And that isn't fair.

and your reply is.

1 through 4 = No.

Now then, I will begin and list every almost single reason why they cannot change the existing Revan set besides the Double Hood bug, and the light grey chest color bug, and lower robe brown color bug.

Edit: Xorcist I doubt you would even bother reading this post, because you already openly deny all players who suffered the spymaster/phantom flame war happened, and you also openly admit you don't care about players who like the current, and openly spend your post time insulting me directly instead of coming up with a valid argument. But let me tell you, Xorcist, you should read this post below and get your ignorance of other players feelings, and wallets they put in this game into play before people see you as a selfish, shellfish who is also sexist towards female players. or... well guys who play girl characters.

Edit: 0.5 This thread was, and replied to by Eric, about BUG FIXES. Not entire changes.

1. Come up with a legitimate argument that isn't "Nan naner poodoo I don't care what you do, I am god." like my autistic older brother does. Because you want to change the current set into something 100% different, and don't care about the consequences or repercussions of players who like the current that would rise up and flame the forums because they logged in seeing the armor they have on completely changed to their disliking.

There will be enough who would log on. How do I know this will happen? IT HAPPENED BEFORE. and people who suffered the Phantom and Spymaster change who read the forums would also support it saying people who liked the old set version deserves every right to have it for it is what they bought.

Now then, let me rustle some F.A.C.T.S into your system.

2. I (meaning me and republic players) cant get another "inquisitor" like chestpeice as you call it like revan's current republic side (Investigators doesnt count and here is why.) The Color patterns are different even if you try with armor dyes, it wouldn't remotely be the same, and Revan's Lower robe is the only one like it that is moddable. This is the only one with a bronze breastplate instead of a cloth chest center, and it wont work the same on female characters(Any version of this model type outside of Revans becomes a sports bra), So you openly are giving the finger to female players who use this. and I know a few who do on Jung Ma. - And this IS Revan's armor, like it or not. It is what he wore when the game came out, it is what was sold in the pack with his name on it, and what was put on the cover of the blockade runner set. They advertised it, labeled it, and sold it. meaning they have to abide to what it looks like. (3 bugs aside)

3. You continue to pretend and openly ignore the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco which if they change revans current set 100% completely different would start a flame war exactly the same.

4. If you want to not only give the finger to screw over the female players who like the set for how it is now, the players who like the set the way it is now, Then you can give me, and all of them our money back or credits in which they got their Revan set. So thats 400$ and 2 million credits for me, Think you got enough for the other people who would complain they set got changed entirely. (outside of the 3 bugs)

In fact, here is the link to it to save you the time. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

Former Community Manager Joveth, Damien, HAVE BOTH SAID. They wont repeat this mistake again. and which is why Eric was afraid to fix Revan's 3 appearance bugs in the firstplace. Which got overturned by this thread asking it to be Fixed, Not changed to something players didn't pay for.

I will reiterate this isn't about whats canon, or what people want. It is about money, and the threats they would get to demand of a refund if they don't get to keep what they purchased when they purchased it and not be changed from what it is, to something entirely different. Like exactly what happened last time with the Phantom and Spymaster thread. And they know, Very well. It would be easier for them to keep the current than change the current if it meant having to refund over a hundred dollars. It is not a matter of whats is Canon, or not, or if a hand full of forum posters wanting the current set to be changed 100% into something else. It is about money..

THIS is what they released as Revan when the game came out, and what was advertised, and sold in the Blockade Runner(and Spymaster) cartel packs. And for the sole purpose of the last flame war on changing existing gear, that is why they have to keep it as.

If you want THIS They would have to make it a second set sold in a different pack to not upset other players. and before you assume and say. "I don't see other people saying they like it as is" Keep in mind, ALL of the players who liked the "classic" version of the cartel gear, didn't know about the change until after it happened in game, then they logged on the forums and that is how it happened.

I wouldn't mind a KOTOR themed Revan set, Hell, I would put it on Lord Scourge and Xalec. As long as they don't change the current set into something that it wasn't when it was advertised, sold, and purchased half a year ago. Because at least SithEBM and Aelther know this, and are trying to make it so a second set is made without disturbing the current existing set.

And finally let me remind you guys a quote from Millions.

This thread was started because of a bug. They responded about the bug. The robe in game is canon, and "real". He specifically references there being a bug "However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place." They are talking about fixing the bug.

All of this has been about bug fixes. People are misinterperating

-eric

"More than just the double hood!" Did anyone else just think he was referring to what is later said in the same paragraph the "See some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall." I have trouble understanding what people are getting from a thread about bug fixes to. "What if, they change the existing set to something else?" It is almost a guaranteed 90% they are just meaning a bug fix, which translates to almost 200 posts on here that are blown out of proportion.

I have now listed almost every single reason on why they cannot change the existing items(outside the 3 bug fixes) in the cartel market that is labeled. [Revan's -------] I would not mind a different set that is more like the Kotor version. but it Cannot interfere with the existing items for all of these reasons.

Edited by Magnusheart