Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Well, if we're talking about canon here, Revan's lightsaber should be green during the Foundry and Darth Malak's chestpiece (or whatever its called) should only have a half cape. Also, when playing KOTOR, when meeting Jolee Bindo he was wearing standard brown jedi robes, not the outfit when you put normal "clothing" on him.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if we're talking about canon here, Revan's lightsaber should be green during the Foundry

According to wookieepedia he changed his lightsaber to purple when travelling to foundry.

Darth Malak's chestpiece (or whatever its called) should only have a half cape.

That is true, but even with the wrong cape his look is much more accurate, than that of Revan's

when meeting Jolee Bindo he was wearing standard brown jedi robes, not the outfit when you put normal "clothing" on him.

Well exactly, when you met him as an old hermit he was not wearing "his" outfit, he was wearing Standard jedi Robes, but his outfit is infact based on his outfit:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080307191842/starwars/images/7/71/JoleeFullBody.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081014202341/starwars/images/9/9c/Jolee_Bindo_KotORCG.jpg

And it's not the matter of canon. If I was all about canon they should also make Revan use standard brown jedi robe and his old mask (because he was in fact wearing standard jedi robe and his mask at that time). However if they already broke the canon by giving him his own sith armor, they could at least make sure it looks right.

Edited by Aelther

According to wookieepedia he changed his lightsaber to purple when travelling to foundry.

Wookieepedia only said that to reconcile the discrepancy. In beta, Revan did in fact have a green lightsaber, but it was changed to purple for unknown reasons. I, personally, would like to see it changed back to fit in with the novel, but if we're doing that, we'd have to also change him (at least in Maelstrom Prison, not necessarily Foundry) to be wearing Jedi robes, and then everyone Republic-side would be up in arms. Still, the green lightsaber would be a nice touch even if they never changed his robes (not the ones we can get; those need to be changed, I mean the ones he's wearing).

Wookieepedia only said that to reconcile the discrepancy. In beta, Revan did in fact have a green lightsaber, but it was changed to purple for unknown reasons. I, personally, would like to see it changed back to fit in with the novel, but if we're doing that, we'd have to also change him (at least in Maelstrom Prison, not necessarily Foundry) to be wearing Jedi robes, and then everyone Republic-side would be up in arms. Still, the green lightsaber would be a nice touch even if they never changed his robes (not the ones we can get; those need to be changed, I mean the ones he's wearing).

Then have him wear Jedi Robes and a green saber. At least it will be a canon look. If his outfit was unique, in the sense that every single Inquisitor outfit didn't look like that, then I wouldn't care as much.

However, most people recognize Revan wearing his Sith attire.

Hey EricMusco, stop laughing at these arguments and settle this dispute. You need to clarify what you posted.

Maybe I can shed some light on revan's robes/starforge robes from KOTOR:

Revan's intended look was that in the cutscenes of KOTOR. The game engine and overall tech during the time of KOTOR did not allow a flowing cape and really a lot of finer details like that in actual gameplay so the robes obtained in that game did not match those of the cutscenes. You also couldn't have a mask/hood combo there for clipping reasons.

Fans of the game really wanted the cutscenes robes, so bad, that when a tool (Fred tetras KOTOR tool) was released that allowed you to pull, edit, and add new files to the game (mod) a whole community of young developers rushed to the scene and began adding content, restoring/finishing content (that never made it into the games), and trying fixing things like revan's robes. Several attempted to fix, one very notable mod guy by the avatar named redhawke, tried his hardest for years! The tech just couldn't handle it in game play. Noe you could use the unique appearance of cutscene revan, even recolor and add to him. Even have the mask on under the hood (with clipping) but that cape was stiff as a board and just would not budge.

It wasn't until years after KOTOR 2 that a mod member was able to make revan's cape move, mimicking the animation of nihilus in that game, and it still looked pretty bad.

Fast forward to now, in the old republic, that tech limitation is not there as we have several sets with nice flowing capes, so it begs the question to some of us revan fans, why didn't they do it? That image of revan was how he was introduced to us, that's the look most of us fell in love with. I can understand tech limitations, but that isn't the case here.

Now I understand that some people like the current revan look in game both with or without the bugs, but to say the current look is cannon just is way too far fetched to me. That hooded, caped, bad mofo from KOTOR is the revan I know from star wars. That's how he was introduced. You can argue that was his look but not now, but then why is bastila's look the same from KOTOR? In KOTOR 2 it was different, she changed back? Kind of a silly thing to argue in my opinion.

Not silly:

Whether you like the current version or not

Whether you want a cape or not

Suggestions you have for bioware to make it right

Me personally:

I want the cutscene revan from KOTOR. Cape and all. I have always adored that look and was dissappointed it wasn't created in this game, in a environment it could be done.

Whatever you want or don't want doesn't matter. It bottles down to the facts.

Spymaster and Phantom armor fiasco, they cannot change the current outside the bugs or risk another flame war.

They were so afraid because of this, they wouldn't fix the 3 bugs in the first place.

Through positive feedback alone they are willing to fix the 3 bugs.

I reiterate again, this entire thread is about bug fixes. Not suggestions. They cannot alter the current Revan set outside of the bugs or repeat the past. Through that alone. They won't risk it. and thats the smart thing. If you guys seriously want a KOTOR version of Revans armor it has to be an entirely different set of items.

To completely change Revan's armor as seen in the foundry to the one seen in Kotor 1 these are the consequences . It would piss of:

1. The people who spent millions of credits to complete this set.

2. The people who bought blockade runner/space pirate pack to get this set with real money. I spent almost 400$ alone for both packs to complete mine, If they change it, I want my mother *********** money back.

3. The people who have partial parts of this set, and are using it in conjunction with other swtor sets to have their own "personal" set.

4. The people who prefer this set to the original because its not over cluttered it that it would looks hideous.

Bioware wont risk the money.

So while all of you are demanding to have the current changed completely into something new. You would piss off almost thousands. And that isn't fair.

Edited by Magnusheart

However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

1). We don't know what "more canonical" means.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

2). "we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on" Why say that if you are going to describe the specifics in the next sentence? Why not just say we are going to change the double hood and the color bugs?

Also, their current target is patch 2.2 which can logically mean that they are most likely making a KOTOR version and have the current non canon version at the same time.

"But they said that they weren't going to allow 2 kinds of armor at the same time!!" Which brings me to my next point.....

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

3). We don't even know what this means. It is so vague... typical Bioware answer that needs to be explained. Let me explain what this could mean.

A). They are fixing the current bugs, and that is it. No KOTOR version, and have fun folks!

B). They are making a KOTOR version, which isn't entirely fair to players that enjoy the current non canon appearance.

C). They are fixing the current bugs, and they are releasing a KOTOR version for free or a Cartel Market PacK(Which would be stupid). That way everybody can be happy. (Choices A+C are the most logical choices)

Why do I believe this? It's simple, we need to define the "Classic version" Classic version for the Phantom and Spymaster meant that Bioware considered the bugged versions classic, and the new version regular. This could mean that Bioware isn't planning on releasing the current bugged version as the "Classic version" and they are going to have both a current version(The Foundry) and a KOTOR version.

We are not suggesting that Bioware release the KOTOR one(Well, I may have suggested it), BUT, the only reason we are even suggesting it is because of Bioware's vague response.

You can quote the devs all you want, and you can say "REMEMBER THIS WITH THE SPYMASTER AND PHANTOM GEAR", but that's just the thing. This isn't a similar case because Bioware wasn't clear enough and they probably meant to say that they will release the KOTOR and Foundry gear together.

Do I prefer the KOTOR version over the Foundry? Yes, I do. Do I currently like the Foundry version, well, I don't mind it, but it isn't canon. Nothing you say will ever make it canon. If they left the Foundry armor(fixed of course), then ok, I might be disappointed, but I wouldn't be crying over it. I am also grateful that Bioware acknowledged the bug and they are willing to fix it.

So while all of you are demanding to have the current changed completely into something new. You would piss off almost thousands. And that isn't fair.

Agreed. If I liked an appearance and it was suddenly changed, then I would be pissed too. This is why we should get clarification from EricMusco(HELLO?? WHERE ARE YOU?? PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REPLY).

We are not suggesting that Bioware release the KOTOR one(Well, I may have suggested it), BUT, the only reason we are even suggesting it is because of Bioware's vague response.

Exactly, the main reason we're talking about making it look like kotor is because Eric made such a vague and unclear statement, which may mean that they ARE in fact making it more like KOTOR. Of course it may also mean they are just fixing it and they're not gonna release any other versions, in which case I'd rather they change it to KOTOR version. That's why we want clarification.

Also best option would be for them to just fix it and keep it and release speperate Sith outfit from KOTOR, name it "Darth Revan's whatever" and sell it in cm or put it in new pack. That would make everyone happy. Also real KOTOR-style set would be sought by a lot of KOTOR fans, there's no reason for them not to do it.

Edited by Aelther

And, with all of this, I am showing you. THEY. CAN'T.

Spymaster and Phantom armor fiasco, they cannot change the current outside the bugs or risk another flame war.

They were so afraid because of this, they wouldn't fix the 3 bugs in the first place.

I reiterate again, this entire thread is about bug fixes. Not suggestions. They cannot alter the current Revan set outside of the bugs or repeat the past. Through that alone. They won't risk it. and thats the smart thing. If you guys seriously want a KOTOR version of Revans armor it has to be an entirely different set of items.

To completely change Revan's armor as seen in the foundry to the one seen in Kotor 1 these are the consequences . It would piss of:

2. The people who bought blockade runner/space pirate pack to get this set with real money. I spent almost 400$ alone for both packs to complete mine, If they change it, I want my mother *********** money back.

3. The people who have partial parts of this set, and are using it in conjunction with other swtor sets to have their own "personal" set.

4. The people who prefer this set to the original because its not over cluttered it that it would looks hideous.

Unless a Kotor styled Revan set is made into an entirely new set, in which this is the wrong thread for you to even discussing in. For this is about bug fixes on the existing set that Revan wears in the foundry. They can't.

And in which both of your points are being. "They need to just make a new set like the Kotor one" This is a thread about bug fixes. Suggestions go in the cartel market suggestions. =_=" So you guys are filling this thread and making it go offtopic.

If you guys seriously spent all this effort in the cartel market suggetsions thread asking for a Kotor Themed Revan set that is completely seperate from the Current version. You might have actually gotten them to read and consider it like they did Thana Vesh's armor.

Edited by Magnusheart

I am not going to bother quoting your post. They can have both a KOTOR set and a Foundry set.

I am merely stating the possibilities, why would I go to the suggestion box to suggest a possibility from the Developers post? We need clarification.

It is possible that they are introducing a KOTOR set. We are speculating and stating why it would be a good idea.

To EricMusco -

EricMusco, still waiting for clarification. Are you there bro? Are you eating popcorn while watching this thread bro? hey bro, my name is Eric IRL too. In fact, this calls for a special signature.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

So I can call you a hypocrite too if I go back a few pages where you and Mevan were demanding the current set to be replaced with a brand new one then?

The possibility is fact. That this thread, and the replies Eric have done, were about the appearance bugs on Revans Current set. The Light grey chestpeice bug change of 1.6.1 The Brown color bug on the lower robe of 1.6.2 and the Double hood bug that has existed on the item since release. 1.6.0

They wont change the current set, and I have repeatedly said why. And thats what this thread is about. Fixing Revan's armor back to how it appeared before patch 1.5.0 in the Foundry. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Edited by Magnusheart

So I can call you a hypocrite too if I go back a few pages where you and Mevan were demanding the current set to be replaced with a brand new one then?

I'm a hypocrite? Well, I suppose that delusional statement still stands. We were stating logical reasons why it should be in the game and if by some chance there could only be one piece of armor, the KOTOR one should take precedence over the Foundry armor. You need to take some time off and calm down.

The possibility is fact. That this thread, and the replies Eric have done, were about the appearance bugs on Revans Current set. The Light grey chestpeice bug change of 1.6.1 The Brown color bug on the lower robe of 1.6.2 and the Double hood bug that has existed on the item since release. 1.6.0

It is clear by this post that you do not want to see the KOTOR Revan armor in this game. It's either that, or you are narrow minded. Which would actually explain why you are still arguing.

They wont change the current set, and I have repeatedly said why. And thats what this thread is about. Fixing Revan's armor back to how it appeared before patch 1.5.0 in the Foundry. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I stated the possibility of them creating a new set, or changing the existing one, and re-releasing the existing one or the new one to the public. You are making it seem as if there can only be one armor(Clarification needed from EricMusco). As stated before, you would need logical reasons as to why it should stay instead of the KOTOR armor(Hint*There are none) Why are you having so much trouble understanding this?

My responses are in bold.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

As stated before, you would need logical reasons as to why it should stay instead of the KOTOR armor(Hint*There are none) Why are you having so much trouble understanding this?

Logical reasons? Well lets see. first off. First off Joveth and Damien said they would never make the mistake of changing peoples existing armor again after the phantom and spymaster changes, which you are countlessly ignoring. You are stating, there are no reasons, when I have no only listed 5, but Bioware have said before during the fiasco with the phantom and spymaster gear. This wont happen again.

5. They wouldn't dare change a set people paid money for. If they didn't sell his armor in the game already, you'd have more valid reasoning. Because because they have sold his gear in the game. Not possible without causing another fiasco which Bioware went as far as originally deciding against fixing this set because they were afraid. So unless you want to be the face of Bioware to talk to the Hundreds if not thousands that would get pissed at altering their gear because you felt like it. Ask for Eric's job.

---------------------------

And then actual Quotes from BW themselves.

From the first Dev quote. During the Phantom/Spymaster change.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

[*]The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

And from Damian. during the same fiasco.

Hey, guys --

We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

Damion Schubert

Lead Designer, SWTOR

They now know the ramifications, they wont make a brand new set over one that has existed for over a year. Or else risk this. All. Over. Again.

Now then. For Eric, as they all decided we wanted the armor fixed.

Hey everyone,

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

They cannot whatsoever change the existing version besides the Double Hood bug, and the coloring bug. Or risk being a Hippocratic to what happened before. To make a Kotor Themed Revan style. They have to make a complete separate version either put in the contraband resale vendor, or in a new pack in Shipment 3 or 4.(since the contraband series is 2 packs from being over).

I Understand people would want a Kotor themed one, but people like me and dozens more who wear it in-game would be upset to have a 100% from scratch change.

Edited by Magnusheart

Logical reasons? Well lets see. first off. First off Joveth and Damien said they would never make the mistake of changing peoples existing armor again after the phantom and spymaster changes, which you are countlessly ignoring. You are stating, there are no reasons, when I have no only listed 4, but Bioware have said before during the fiasco with the phantom and spymaster gear. This wont happen again.

Well let's see, First off, you are correct. Bioware did say that. How do I know this? Well, you posted the SAME EXACT QUOTE OVER AND OVER AGAIN /rant. Seriously, instead of posting the quotes, and taking up page space, you could just say well, they did say this: and I will immediately know what you are talking about. All I have to do is click back a page and read all of your quotes of the developers.

Secondly, EricMusco's post is VAGUE. He may have referred to the quotes you post non stop. He never said anything about no KOTOR set. He said no "Classic" and we all know that the classic sets were the sets which were bugged.

All of your reasons are invalid with what I have just said. Respond to that, say it is impossible. I am stating it is POSSIBLE. Yet you keep stating "NO, THEY Won't CHANGE THE SET. I am not saying that they necessarily will. I am stating POSSIBILITIES.

[/b]---------------------------

They now know the ramifications, they wont make a brand new set over one that has existed for over a year. Or else risk this. All. Over. Again.

Agreed. It is unlikely, however possible.

Now then. For Eric, as they all decided we wanted the armor fixed.

Agreed. He did state that he wanted the armor fixed. You forgot to underline the more specifics later on(Which doesn't make sense if he is going to describe that in the next sentence)

They cannot whatsoever change the existing version besides the Double Hood bug, and the coloring bug. Or risk being a Hippocratic to what happened before. To make a Kotor Themed Revan style. They have to make a complete separate version either put in the contraband resale vendor, or in a new pack in Shipment 3 or 4.(since the contraband series is 2 packs from being over).

Actually they can, however, it wouldn't be a good decision. As for the second bolded part, that is what we have been saying this whole time. It is possible for them to make a separate version. Or they could edit the version we have now, and mail the new version or the original to us.

I Understand people would want a Kotor themed one, but people like me and dozens more who wear it in-game would be upset to have a 100% from scratch change.

Oh really, you understand people want to have a KOTOR themed one? Then why are you stating that it is impossible for them to release a new version of armor and keep the foundry version?

Definitions:

1). Possibility - is the condition or fact of being possible. The Latin origins of the word hint at ability. Possibility also refers to something that "could happen"(Which I am trying to explain)

2). Impossible - denotes that something cannot happen or be done.(Which you are doing)

3). Speculating - Form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence(Which we are all doing)

Just to help you understand what we are all trying to say.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

It matters a lot.

1 through 4 = No.

I spent millions. I bought tons of blockade runner packs before. Some of my toons are partially geared with Revan's armor. And No.4 is about three people's point of view who are against vs. about five hundred thousand others who are for. Not only through the interwebs. :p :p :p

I am Overjoyed that Revan is finally getting the attention he deserves. So no, your wrong on all counts. Stop trying to play the wounded man. You don't do it very well. The decision is final. The aye's have it! It's the right thing to do. This is the most iconic character in ALL of the Old Republic. For a lore set, he has the most hideous one of them all right now, by far! It is waaaaaaaay overdue!

It matters a lot.

1 through 4 = No.

I spent millions. I bought tons of blockade runner packs before. Some of my toons are partially geared with Revan's armor. And No.4 is about three people's point of view who are against vs. about five hundred thousand others who are for. Not only through the interwebs. :p :p :p

I am Overjoyed that Revan is finally getting the attention he deserves. So no, your wrong on all counts. Stop trying to play the wounded man. You don't do it very well. The decision is final. The aye's have it! It's the right thing to do. This is the most iconic character in ALL of the Old Republic. For a lore set, he has the most hideous one of them all right now, by far! It is waaaaaaaay overdue!

Ok then, by all means, if you think 1 through 4 is invalid. I want my 400 dollars back if they change Revan's set outside of the 3 color bugs, and by overturning the decision of people who wanted the set for how it looks ingame, you can overturn the phantom and spymaster changes aswell and delete all the classic gear. because that is what you are saying.

So tell me, who's writing my check? You or Bioware.

Edited by Magnusheart

Ok then, by all means, if you think 1 through 4 is invalid. I want my 400 dollars back, and by overturning the decision of people who wanted the set for how it looks ingame, you can overturn the phantom and spymaster changes aswell and delete all the classic gear. because that is what you are saying.

So tell me, who's writing my check? You or Bioware.

:p:p:p which is why you have no clue what I said.

Edited by xorcist

It matters a lot.

1 through 4 = No.

The only part of this post that is wrong (The final decision). We don't know what the final decision truly is.

Having said that, I am glad that they are at the very least correcting his gear to look like the Foundry armor(Even though it isn't logically possible that it could be canon).

Magnusheart is correct when he says that thousands of people will be pissed if they change the set to the KOTOR one and leave it at that. I am not one of those people that would be pissed, however, I can understand why they would.

People paid for the Foundry Set. Some spent hundreds, some spent thousands, some spent in game credits.

They had better have 2 sets (KOTOR and Foundry) if they decide to change the Foundry set or else there will be problems. This is where EricMusco needs to clarify what he meant. All we can do at the moment is grasp at straws and speculate. We don't know what is going to happen.

What will most likely happen? --->

1). Foundry gear is fixed, and KOTOR gear is mailed to us, or vice versa

2). Foundry gear is fixed.(To look more canon though... again... we need clarification) Going by canon, Revan's armor in the foundry is incorrect. No KOTOR armor.

I am all for a KOTOR set, but Bioware should make the right decision here and have both a KOTOR set and a Foundry set. It is logically possible, they have done it before, and I believe(or at the very least hope that they do it again).

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

@ Xorcist

I don't think you even understand the consequences on changing Revan's existing gear outside of its 3 existing bugs.

It doesn't matter about personal opinion. It settles down to who gets pissed off because of money spent. or would be spent.

Revan's gear as in the game now is the canonical appearance of Revan in this video game, not a year long placeholder.

And to prove its canonical. Quoted from Joveth from when the 1.6.2 patch came.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

To change a piece of gear which you buy from a market in this game with real money, or the GTN has hundreds have already purchased you are taking all their outfits and changing it into something they would or would not want. Who says random *** forum posters get that power?

This would affect the fans who spent millions of credits or hundreds of credits to get a full set.

This would affect the people who took parts of his set and forged in with other items to have their personal set.

To flip a 180 and change his gear outside of the 3 bugs would piss off them and they would have an uprising on the forums after the change happened, as seen with the phantom and spymaster fiasco.

Revans current lower robe is the one of the most popular items on Jung Ma. People use it for different outfit combinations, If it was changed a lot of people who liked it the way it was with their other items would be pissed.

Edited by Magnusheart

Magnusheart is correct when he says that thousands of people will be pissed if they change the set to the KOTOR one and leave it at that.

Nah. Not even 10 total in all subs and free to play would care. This is a far better solution than leaving it the way it is. I dont want a "classic" or any other additional versions out there. Just one correct version. I paid through the nose to grab a full set, so he isn't anything special. The current version is depressing as well as a disappointing one. A failed recolor, while all the other lore items are original. Face it. He saw his opportunity to grab for attention, and he got it. That's all.

Edited by xorcist