A New Versus Series!

Aurbere

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get distracted now. Current topic: VS suggestions. :jawa_wink:

Quite right, quite right. So anyway...I can't really think of anyone atm, though why not take a few names that Vent put down? Barring aside, those with little info of course.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

OK I see, hmmmm... Darth Sion, Malak, Komari Vosa, Lumiya, Rahm Kota? Not sure about matchups but those are some suggestions.

Sion draws too much controversy with his immortality, and I have Malak. Lumiya is kinda OP being able to hold off Luke with that whip. Kota would be interesting.

Hmmm, that makes me question whether Thon should be in this. But then I don't know much about him and he doesn't have a lightsaber...

You're probably right, but I have Thon pitted against someone of great skill in melee combat. We'll see if that changes anything.

Yes but that could just mean, her skill with sever force and battle med. It doesn't necessarily mean that, as an all arounder she is powerful.

That's a good point. I've been stuck on Nomi Sunrider for the longest time. She's a high caliber Jedi. Finding someone to match her isn't as easy as I would like.

Quite right, quite right. So anyway...I can't really think of anyone atm, though why not take a few names that Vent put down? Barring aside, those with little info of course.

I've taken all of those into account for the next tourney.

Sion draws too much controversy with his immortality, and I have Malak. Lumiya is kinda OP being able to hold off Luke with that whip. Kota would be interesting.
OK, well that sill leaves, Kota and Vosa - that could be a matchup... but either way I think we have enough info on Kota to put him in this tournament, and he is pretty powerful, you just need the right match. Kit Fisto perhaps?

OK, well that sill leaves, Kota and Vosa - that could be a matchup... but either way I think we have enough info on Kota to put him in this tournament, and he is pretty powerful, you just need the right match. Kit Fisto perhaps?

Well, I have Fisto in a pretty good patch-up.

How about Revan!? Nah! :D

OK, I got one.

I was gonna suggest, throw in John Williams as the ultimate end boss vs everyone...but then that would be unfair for everyone. :p

How can they compete? His opening move will be to shut off his adversary's powerup theme, and then he'll follow with an orchestral movement and epic fanfare. Instant victory.

How can they compete? His opening move will be to shut off his adversary's powerup theme, and then he'll follow with an orchestral movement and epic fanfare. Instant victory.

As said, it would be unfair for everyone. For no one can match the power of John Williams and his music!

• 3 months later...

A quick update for everyone who has followed The BattleZone.

As I have said before, I'm still making some adjustments. Count Dooku is still opponent-less (:p), but the series will continue without him. It has been too long since the last match, so I have decided to continue on, and work on finding a match for Count Dooku behind the scenes.

So look forward to our next match.

As I have said before, I'm still making some adjustments. Count Dooku is still opponent-less (:p), but the series will continue without him. It has been too long since the last match, so I have decided to continue on, and work on finding a match for Count Dooku behind the scenes.

Great! Hopefully you can find a match for Dooku because he really needs to be in this tournament. I'm guessing its a case of you literally having an odd number? If so then maybe I can come up with some suggestions, if you update the list. Which I expect is very different now. Edited by Beniboybling

Alright neat, looking forward to it.

Great! Hopefully you can find a match for Dooku because he really needs to be in this tournament. I'm guessing its a case of you literally having an odd number? If so then maybe I can come up with some suggestions, if you update the list. Which I expect is very different now.

The way I see it, there are three things that could happen regarding Dooku.

1. I find a match for Dooku and things are all hunky-dory.

2. I don't find a match for Dooku and I am forced to remove him in favor of two new characters.

3. I don't find a match for Dooku and he is forced to skip ahead to Round 2.

#2 would be the hardest one to do, imo. We shall see.

Having made some adjustments to the brackets, the characters remaining in Round 1 are as follows:

Ulic Qel-Droma

Darth Zannah

Darth Traya

Ki-Adi Mundi

Darth Malgus

Darth Krayt

Darth Bane

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Exar Kun

An'ya Kuro

Cin Drallig

Count Dooku

Satele Shan

Vacant Lot

And those who have proven themselves and moved on to Round 2 are as follows:

Master Thon

Darth Plagueis

Savage Opress

Asajj Ventress

Kit Fisto

Shaak Ti

Plo Koon

Darth Nyriss

Darth Vader

Things are heating up as we move on to the final half of Round 1, where we introduce new elements to the Character Analysis section.

Prepare for the next match!

Edited by Aurbere

2. I don't find a match for Dooku and I am forced to remove him in favor of two new characters.

Or could just go ahead with another match to fill in while you find Dooku a partner?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Or could just go ahead with another match to fill in while you find Dooku a partner?

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'll be searching for a match for Dooku behind the scenes, but the tournament shall go on in the meantime.

Well perhaps you could knock someone out in favour of Dooku? I'm sure their are many less important players than Dooku in this tournament.

EDIT: Oh wait, forget that, you need 32.

EDIT: Perhaps some from the NJO? Like Mara Jade?

Edited by Beniboybling

EDIT: Perhaps some from the NJO? Like Mara Jade?

I decided early on to save the NJO roster for a future tournament. I'll keep searching for a good match. Worse comes to worse, I'll just put Kas'im back in and recreate the Vader vs. Bulq debacle.