A New Versus Series!

Aurbere

I nominate Eeth Koth! One of my favorites from the entire Star Wars universe!

Are we likely to see a Grievous in this tournament? Maybe give him some advantage like the Force to make it more fair!

Koth's a good pick, but Grievous will probably not be getting in.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the primary tournament comes to a close, I will host a losers tournament- a tournament in which the losers from the above list will battle. Once the losers champion has been decided, he/she will battle the winner of the primary torunament in an epic Grand Finale.

Whoa, wait! I just reread this. How is the Grand Finale going to consist of the loser's champion facing off against the winner's champion? That sounds like it's destined to be more of an epic curb stomp than a grand finale...

Whoa, wait! I just reread this. How is the Grand Finale going to consist of the loser's champion facing off against the winner's champion? That sounds like it's destined to be more of an epic curb stomp than a grand finale...

Guess it depends on who gets there.

So when be the next match up?

Just about to post the finalized brackets, then I'll get to work on the next match-up.

Edit: Finalized brackets are up. Who would have thought that removing Revan and Surik would change things so much?

Edited by Aurbere

OK so Revan and Meetra are officially out of this? Probably a good call... :p

P.S. Concerning the losers bracket, while that would be cool, I don't think its necessary. We've already got what 30 matchups already? Also I think the guy who wins this battle deserves to be the victor, and no one is likely to be able to defeat him/her - but we shall see, your call.

OK so Revan and Meetra are officially out of this? Probably a good call... :p

P.S. Concerning the losers bracket, while that would be cool, I don't think its necessary. We've already got what 30 matchups already? Also I think the guy who wins this battle deserves to be the victor, and no one is likely to be able to defeat him/her - but we shall see, your call.

The whole Meetra/Revan debacle really got me thinking about these match-ups. I decided to remove those that didn't have much information on them so we can avoid speculation.

Your probably right about the losers bracket, but we shall see who ends up winning. Let's say Vitiate ends up winning the primary and Vader wins the losers bracket. I think the battle between the two would be pretty epic. But we'll see how the primary goes.

The whole Meetra/Revan debacle really got me thinking about these match-ups. I decided to remove those that didn't have much information on them so we can avoid speculation.

Your probably right about the losers bracket, but we shall see who ends up winning. Let's say Vitiate ends up winning the primary and Vader wins the losers bracket. I think the battle between the two would be pretty epic. But we'll see how the primary goes.

I guess, but I'm going to do everything I can to bring Vitiate down - just because. :jawa_wink:

I have removed Nomi Sunrider from the brackets due to the difficulty of finding her a decent opponent. She's a prodigy and finding her a decent opponent is a daunting task.

If anyone has any recommendations, by all means share them.

I have removed Nomi Sunrider from the brackets due to the difficulty of finding her a decent opponent. She's a prodigy and finding her a decent opponent is a daunting task.

If anyone has any recommendations, by all means share them.

OK, who do you need a matchup for?

OK, who do you need a matchup for?

Well, I would like to keep Nomi Sunrider, but she is considered one of the most powerful Jedi of all time (even compared to Yoda on occasion), so finding a challenge for her is difficult.

I'll keep Sunrider in reserve. If you have a good recommendation for someone to face Nomi or two characters to fill the last bracket, then say so.

Well, I would like to keep Nomi Sunrider, but she is considered one of the most powerful Jedi of all time (even compared to Yoda on occasion), so finding a challenge for her is difficult.

I'll keep Sunrider in reserve. If you have a good recommendation for someone to face Nomi or two characters to fill the last bracket, then say so.

Whoa, whoa, WHERE was this stated?...Ya she is powerful, but aside from her using sever force on Qel-Droma what has she done? Ya she has an advanced version of battle med, that is pretty much like mind control...however she just used it against enemy soliders, two Hssiss(which is a good feat) and also invading the mind of Aleema Keto(who is really just a master illusionist, though another good feat).

Yes there is also of the whole "she picked up a lightsaber, and instantly was using it like a Jedi Master" which...ya know seems like BS writing, but I don't recall her dueling anyone sword to sword of substanl skill.

Her biggest feat, seems to be the use of force sever but aside from that...her lightsaber feats aren't there even though its stated she was a master combatant, but then that could amount to anything.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

OK I see, hmmmm... Darth Sion, Malak, Komari Vosa, Lumiya, Rahm Kota? Not sure about matchups but those are some suggestions.

Whoa, whoa, WHERE was this stated?...Ya she is powerful, but aside from her using sever force on Qel-Droma what has she done? Ya she has an advanced version of battle med, that is pretty much like mind control...however she just used it against enemy soliders, two Hssiss(which is a good feat) and also invading the mind of Aleema Keto(who is really just a master illusionist, though another good feat).

Yes there is also of the whole "she picked up a lightsaber, and instantly was using it like a Jedi Master" which...ya know seems like BS writing, but I don't recall her dueling anyone sword to sword of substanl skill.

The Hutt Jedi (:eek:) Beldorion compared Yoda to Thon and Nomi Sunrider as three elite Jedi with unparalled skill with The Force.

A character statement, yes, but everything else about Nomi points to her being very powerful.

The Hutt Jedi (:eek:) Beldorion compared Yoda to Thon and Nomi Sunrider as three elite Jedi with unparalled skill with The Force.

A character statement, yes, but everything else about Nomi points to her being very powerful.

Hmmm, that makes me question whether Thon should be in this. But then I don't know much about him and he doesn't have a lightsaber...

Yes but that could just mean, her skill with sever force and battle med. It doesn't necessarily mean that, as an all arounder she is powerful. As you said, it was a character statement...so it wouldn't really hold much water.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi