Erked.

Levity

I'm all for this, I personally have not purchased anything from the cash shop (other than a few unlocks with my monthly stipend of coins). Those who have been spending considerable amounts of money on the Hypercrate packs and in the Cartel Market that has help revive the game should accumulate rep for doing so. The reward is access to certain cosmetic empty armor shells, and possibly a speeder or two, in no way affect end game, but gives them a perk for contributing. If you want to buy the packs on the GTN, you will be able to, so there is a way to "grind" rep within the confines of spending no money. In truth though, I'm glad they are doing something to give those who spend gobs of money an incentive to continue doing so. I say thank you too all of you who help keep the game going!

but that's the problem. they are not.

they have to buy packs on TOP of what they have already spent money on.

one of the biggest issues if not the biggest that I have with that "clarification" post is that they claim they are thanking people who have been buying packs, while in reality they are essentially laughing in their faces. you don't thank people by telling them they need to buy even more stuff to get rewarded.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be rude but feeling like you are forced to level the reputation just because it's there is obsessive. I'm pretty sure that problem extends beyond the design of this rep system and currently exists between your chair and keyboard.

Everyone has obsessive tendencies. I was in the Navy and I had a lot of obsession with things being organized and complete. So what if that carried over when I came back to the real world. So what if it came over into the game? Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

It just really makes me laugh. "Ha you like to have everything completed 100% and be successful!? Haha omg you suck." So my obsession has carried into real life as well and is doing pretty good for me. but yes, I have issues.

2. Your sub, as great a deal as it is, does not cover everything imaginable. The fact that you get FREE cartel coins every month and the fact that you can then use those Cartel coins to buy whatever you want is more than reasonable.

as if there are no other games that give such "free" in game points.

You obviously haven't done the math involved.

It would take over 10 years for a subscriber to reach Legend status using just the monthly grant. If that sounds realistic to you then no worries.

Why should you reach legend status in that rep ?

Obviously many of you care deeply for this new rep and cosmetic items but would like BW to shell out a fat discount on it or give it free caus you r a sub. Wake up =D

I certainly hope they wont change this system caus its amusing too see a bunch of grown up ppl choking in self righteous entitlement pools over barbie wardrobe items =D

/cheers

So let me get this right this New Rep is to say thank you to people buying Cartel Packs? For over a year you have said screw you to us CE people. BW said they CE vendor would get updates. All we got is a pet. Now you say thank you to people buying Cartel Packs? Thanks for insulting us CE.

You might want to check the CE vendor today :)

Everyone has obsessive tendencies. I was in the Navy and I had a lot of obsession with things being organized and complete. So what if that carried over when I came back to the real world. So what if it came over into the game? Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

It just really makes me laugh. "Ha you like to have everything completed 100% and be successful!? Haha omg you suck." So my obsession has carried into real life as well and is doing pretty good for me. but yes, I have issues.

If it is that important to you, you know what you have to do. And that's the same thing anyone else would have to do, whether it's truly important to them or not.

I can see from reading over this thread (and some others) that there are some questions around this new Reputation so I wanted to hopefully clarify a few points in this thread.

-

• Reputation is based on money spent! - Although to an extent this is certainly true as the Reputation is gained by opening Contraband Packs, keep in mind that if you do not want to spend Cartel Coins on packs you always have the option of purchasing them through the GTN from other players. I know this will not diffuse the notion that it is a "pay to Reputation" but it is an alternative to spending Cartel Coins if that was your primary concern.
  • Pay To Win - When designing a system for the Cartel Market this is always something we are very aware of. With this new Reputation system almost all of the items you can get have no stats and are purely cosmetic items or Adaptive shells. The only exception is the level 43 armor which was previously found on the Cartel Market.
  • Exclusive Items - As a part of this Reputation there are three vendors found on the fleet, only one of these vendors contains items exclusive to this organization (which again, has no stats on it). The other two vendors contain items which are either found in packs from Shipment One, or were previously a part of the Cartel Market (which are most likely all available from other players on the GTN). These items all cost credits, Cartel Market Certificates, or both.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs. I hope those clarifications can alleviate some of your concerns, however, please keep the feedback coming. As you explore the system we want to hear your thoughts and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-eric

Your fall begins anew BW.

Dishonor upon you all.

Dear devs, you need to react. And fast. There are multiple threads like this in all European forums as well.

"React" not meaning explaining what everbody suspected in well versed words, but actually changing this in the game.

No they just need to wait until the knee-jerk reaction boils over. There is little rationality to these complaints, only emotion.

How, exactly, is this rubbing anything in anyone's face? Some businesses hold events only for certain customers. Other customers know of the events, but cannot attend. Should they rage and quit doing business with that company?

am not referring to your business but did you read the devs. reply ?

I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs

and as other have quoted long standing customers get shafted due to not spending loads in there shop. I am surprised about EAwae's view as in today's climate all customer's are equal ,how ever much or little they spend lol guess EAware don't see it that way lol

Edited by Avorniel

Dude... As I said to you before. Add the possibility of getting rep. items from all factions to the packs. Add an ingame way to get this new rep. so everyone can either spend the money to achieve it or play the game that BW has produced. There's never going to be a shortage of people buying cartel packs. Hell just in my guild there are 4-5 people who spend 80 dollars often on the x24 hyper crates. So no. I think your posts are entirely bs.

You fail to see one thing. As I said before. You are paying to win this rep. grind. It doesn't matter if it doesn't affect balance. You are paying to gain exp. In that sense, people are ok with it! Ok so lets make them pay for lvling exp too? Are you ok with that? No. Then why should people be ok with paying for exp for rep?

And as I said earlier the entire point of this revolves around NOT being accessible to EVERYONE. It's to entice more people to spend money on cartel packs now that they don't have to throw their money away on duds. You can sling stuff around like "Pay to win" all day long. It's FLUFF. Orange gear, repeat rares from previous packs...etc. A lot of it is already obtainable with credits. There needs to be some things that aren't. That's the point you're missing. It's just HURR DURR I'm a subscriber I'm entitled to everything without paying more than $15 a month. Bioware would disagree and so would I. The cartel market is what's keeping this game going with all the moochers so you'll just have to suck it up and accept that you're not going to get some of this stuff without releasing the deathgrip on the wallet.

Once again, you can buy the Packs off of the GTN for credits. You don't have to spend Cartel Coins at all to do the grind.

I have a little over 150mil and can afford to spend the 80mil or so credits to reach Legend status. I very much doubt there are many others who can though.

I see your point however, it is achievable without spending real money but it sure ain't cheap or realistic :w_cool:

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

JUST one dame eye scanner for 100k credits? is that even comparable to the other changes?

Folks said they wanted updates. They got an update. Now they complain it's not enough. All you're doing is telling the devs that you can't be satisfied and so should be ignored.

I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs

and as other have quoted long standing customers get shafted due to not spending loads in there shop. I am surprised that you don't get any issues as in today's climate all customer's are equal ,how ever much or little they spend lol guess EAware don't see it that way lol

This does not, in any way, shaft subs. It rewards people who spend more. The absence of a reward is not the same thing as a punishment.

I get why the decision was made, but as of now, seeing the really, really cool stuff like Revan's, Malak's and the Handmaiden outift out on the CM, as well as the really cool speeders like the Skiffs only available on the CM, has made me decide that there isn't a point to grinding any more.

I play the game for achievements. I want to be able to say: hey, I did this, I earned my loot, and I'm a little better than X% of the game's population. This sounds bad, but if you think about it, that's why a lot of us grind so hard. To show off. To be proud of something.

With the CM items all I'm showing off is my ability to spend money, and unfortunately the stuff in the packs are really awesome. I wish the world was different, and the game did well financially and retained all its subs, and we could earn these items from achievements and doing stuff in the game. Perhaps by completing a long story chain I could have earned Malak's Boots, and after killing the Dread Masters I'd pick up Malak's Mask, which one of them could be wearing.

There is no pride to be had in grinding with your wallet. The best stuff will always be in the packs.

I guess I could use some time off this game. I fear Bioware are going down a dark path I cannot follow.

Edited by Keffeine

and as other have quoted long standing customers get shafted due to not spending loads in there shop. I am surprised about EAwae's view as in today's climate all customer's are equal ,how ever much or little they spend lol guess EAware don't see it that way lol

Long standing customers were rewarded with tons of Cartel Coins when F2P went live.

Or have you forgotten that handout already?

• Dev Post
Eric,

The biggest problem with the way this system is currently set up are the Cartel Market Certificates as they are bound to the character that gets them. I, like probably many others, open Cartel Packs on alts because they have all my empty cargo bays. Now all of my Certificates are bound to my alts and I can't buy anything for my mains without spending even more money on Cartel Packs. You say this reputation is based on money spent but, even though the reputation is based on money spent, the actual items are based on money spent PER CHARACTER (and luck). The Certificates should be bound on Legacy or the items from the vendors should be bound on Legacy.

That is a very good point, I am going to pass this on to the development team.

Keep the feedback coming as I will be keeping an eye on the thread and continue to pass your feedback on. I understand some of you are frustrated but try to keep your feedback as detailed and constructive as possible. It will allow me to more easily discern your specific frustrations with the system to pass on your feedback.

-eric

The whining and crying over this is seriously ridiculous.

It's a grind for cosmetic gear and effects. Nothing more, nothing less. There's not a single bit in there could be used as an advantage in PVP or PVE.

And in case you didn't notice, the Cartel Market has helped this game's fortunes flourish again after a really bad starter year. BW is flush with cash and they've ironed out a lot of the problems in the game and we're looking at a new expansion here in a few weeks.

The money made off of the Cartel Market is money that'll go toward crafting content for everyone. Operations and flash points, new worlds and new Warzones. You people should 'really' be happy that there are plenty of players willing to shell out the extra cash for cosmetic stuff so that we can all have a better game, rather than whining that you can't get that cosmetic stuff without parting with real money or lots and lots of fake money.

Get a grip.

If it is that important to you, you know what you have to do. And that's the same thing anyone else would have to do, whether it's truly important to them or not.

As I said in my initial post, it's not game breaking. If it stays there. And literally STAYS with just this one rep. grind then fine. We will deal. The issue is what if this just becomes a trend? If they make enough money on it, I guarantee it will be.