Erked.

Levity

I'm sorry but that seems to imply that you guys feel that people who buy those packs are the most important people to you guys, even more important than people who sub to the game still and choose to spend their coins differently. That seems fundamentally wrong and like a slap in the face to people who are still giving you their hard earned money when they don't have to at all. Where's the appreciation for them?

If I'm running a business, the customers who spend the most money are, indeed, pretty important. It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other customers... it just means that I might do something a little special for the people that do the most for me.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty naive thinking, I can almost certainly say that the vast majority of the money they earn on the cartel market goes towards putting more items on the cartel market.

Oh yeah you got a man inside to confirm that ?

Ppl who spend money to buy many packs now got a rep for that . So what do you want ? Free packs ? Grow up nobody s forcing anybody to buy anything from CC market. Its all fluff

My Goal in this game is:

Be a Legend on each fraction.

For solve this goal, i have to pay.

So for me it is: Pay2Win. :rolleyes: Or something other have to pay for me indirectly over the action house

My GOAL is to own every armor set possible for my toon.

In order to get them I must PAY to buy the cartel armor sets.

OH MY GOD! PTW LAUNCHED MONTHS AGO AND WE DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT!!!!

:rolleyes: C'mon people. Titles are cosmetic. This is not PTW.

But not by you, but by people who prefer to spend real money to convert it into ingame credits by selling it on the GTN. Let's not forget that this system has killed credit selling in this game entirely. No credit seller can compete with EA themselves.

For the record, they killed credit selling in 1.1 by ridding the entire game of in game cash selling spammers. Of course you could probably sit there and google and find it, but it made it almost useless to try and credit farm in SwToR.

I understand perfectly where you're coming from- and I can agree with most of it.

But yesterday the game had 4 rep venders with a rep grind for each one.

Today they added 3 new venders, with more combined fluff than the other 4 put together ~ and you pay cash for the rep, with no practical ingame way to earn the rep by playing.

ONE item was added to the other 4 rep venders......

How is that not messed up? They just doubled the rewards available from the rep system ~ only you have to pay cash to access half of them.

You can buy the packs off of the GTN for credits.

Oh my god.

Grow up.

This reputation system is perfectly fine. Who cares if there's one area of the game you refuse to go into? I certainly don't.

This is more a reward for those who buy packs for one item they've always wanted, but never get.

You don't get your item, but you do get a chance for some rep to buy other cool items Instead?

You get your monthly grant, not like you HAVE to spend money... It's just a lot quicker:rak_03:

If the rest of the development team put half the effort into the game that the cartel market team puts into their project, there'd be a **** ton of things to do in this game besides mindless dailies (worst thing added to MMO's since the inception of MMO's).

Every single cartel market update has gotten progressively deeper into the realm of pure cash grab. That's the true direction of this game. The CM is seriously the true end game of SWTOR. Everything else is fluff. The operations are ridiculously easy. The actual gear drop from raids (which should ultimately be the goal for pve players, not CM gear), is thoughtless and robot-like. There's zero imagination in raid drops - every boss for the last 4 tiers has followed the same boring model of token -> vendor -> yay gear - dang the mods/enhancements are awful -> RE it -> buy actual good mods/enhancements -> toss in CM gear because end game gear is lack luster -> repeat.

The ranked PVP scene has been in the same stagnant pre-season state for 6 months with barely any bug fixes / disconnect issue fixes / matchmaking fixes / cross realm implementation.

And 2.0 just brings more of the same - except minus the story which got everyone into the game in the first place.

All praise the cartel market - the end game of SWTOR.

Edited by Sixthy

I can see from reading over this thread (and some others) that there are some questions around this new Reputation so I wanted to hopefully clarify a few points in this thread.

-

• Reputation is based on money spent! - Although to an extent this is certainly true as the Reputation is gained by opening Contraband Packs, keep in mind that if you do not want to spend Cartel Coins on packs you always have the option of purchasing them through the GTN from other players. I know this will not diffuse the notion that it is a "pay to Reputation" but it is an alternative to spending Cartel Coins if that was your primary concern.
  • Pay To Win - When designing a system for the Cartel Market this is always something we are very aware of. With this new Reputation system almost all of the items you can get have no stats and are purely cosmetic items or Adaptive shells. The only exception is the level 43 armor which was previously found on the Cartel Market.
  • Exclusive Items - As a part of this Reputation there are three vendors found on the fleet, only one of these vendors contains items exclusive to this organization (which again, has no stats on it). The other two vendors contain items which are either found in packs from Shipment One, or were previously a part of the Cartel Market (which are most likely all available from other players on the GTN). These items all cost credits, Cartel Market Certificates, or both.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs. I hope those clarifications can alleviate some of your concerns, however, please keep the feedback coming. As you explore the system we want to hear your thoughts and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-eric

So let me get this right this New Rep is to say thank you to people buying Cartel Packs? For over a year you have said screw you to us CE people. BW said they CE vendor would get updates. All we got is a pet. Now you say thank you to people buying Cartel Packs? Thanks for insulting us CE.

If I'm running a business, the customers who spend the most money are, indeed, pretty important. It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other customers... it just means that I might do something a little special for the people that do the most for me.

that's fine but would you then rub it into your other not so important customer's (ie us who hardly use the market if at all or CE Players ) that we loose out due to not spending as much.

I don't think you would

Normally a business rewards its most loyal customers who have been coming to them every month for over a year. What they should do is give us loyal players reputation to this new faction for every month of subscription we have had....retroactively.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs. I hope those clarifications can alleviate some of your concerns, however, please keep the feedback coming. As you explore the system we want to hear your thoughts and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-eric

so its not enough for those who has the money to get th Items and rewards from the Cartel packs but to give them their OWN reputation system? and more rewards?

that was the worst freaking JOKE ever.

so why should i Sub? i mean really? if the coolest things in game belong to the big pockets and those who has enough money to spend.

SHAME on you BW you are just freaking ruining any chance you get to make this game the game it should be.

I don't see the problem. Is all cosmetic and this will cause some people to purchase more packs. Which in turn pumps more funds into the game to do other things. Heck, at this point, there are only a few items that you can't already find on the GTN for credits.

Sorry but you're the fool if you can't see how a rep grind based solely on the cash or credits you spend is a terrible idea.

Spending cash directly in the shop or spending the credits you got from selling CC items off the GTN. It got there by spending real cash. the rep cannot even be on the market without someone spending real cash and the person they claim to be supporting doesn't even get that rep should they sell it on the GTN.

So Eric's lame excuse for the development of this is a joke. Support the buyers, just not the sellers!

It's a rep grind gauged by how much real cash is spent in some way.

Yeah.. thanks for admitting you were wrong by first stating me a fool, and through that wrong, and then completely back pedaling on your point by admitting I was right that it wasn't solely this. Really good debater you are.

Also, why do YOU care what someone else spends when it comes to RL money to give YOU the chance to buy these items?

What gives you the right to determine what they do is wrong?

Edited by Devlonir

Dude... As I said to you before. Add the possibility of getting rep. items from all factions to the packs. Add an ingame way to get this new rep. so everyone can either spend the money to achieve it or play the game that BW has produced. There's never going to be a shortage of people buying cartel packs. Hell just in my guild there are 4-5 people who spend 80 dollars often on the x24 hyper crates. So no. I think your posts are entirely bs.

Then what's your issue? Achievement? Go get other in game achievements, it's not like there aren't plenty of those now too!

You fail to see one thing. As I said before. You are paying to win this rep. grind. It doesn't matter if it doesn't affect balance. You are paying to gain exp. In that sense, people are ok with it! Ok so lets make them pay for lvling exp too? Are you ok with that? No. Then why should people be ok with paying for exp for rep?

Why should people HAVE to grind? Casual gamers with spare money like cartel packs, this gives them an achievement they can get WITHOUT having to grind their characters out to get them. Some people don't have time to be grindfest players...other people simply don't like to grind...as if getting endgame gear for pve/pvp isn't grind enough. Frankly it's sensible that someone finally realized that not all players want to put in 50 hours of game time to get something for it.

Air Miles is an obvious and sensible equivalent...it's a practical real world business concept that rewards certain people. If you don't fly all the time, you get less use out of air miles. If you don't buy packs, you'll get less use out of cartel rep. If you don't buy the packs, what do you care anyway? The rep is basically to help people who do buy them get slightly better stuff out of them...how does that effect someone who doesn't buy them anyway? It doesn't...go emote cry somewhere more productive...nothing to see here folks...move along.

I don't see the problem. Is all cosmetic and this will cause some people to purchase more packs. Which in turn pumps more funds into the game to do other things. Heck, at this point, there are only a few items that you can't already find on the GTN for credits.

This bears repeating. Every dollar spent on the CM puts more money into the TOR budget for new content. That's a good thing, right?

You get your monthly grant, not like you HAVE to spend money... It's just a lot quicker:rak_03:

You obviously haven't done the math involved.

It would take over 10 years for a subscriber to reach Legend status using just the monthly grant. If that sounds realistic to you then no worries.

that's fine but would you then rub it into your other not so important customer's (ie us who hardly use the market if at all or CE Players ) that we loose out due to not spending as much.

I don't think you would

How, exactly, is this rubbing anything in anyone's face? Some businesses hold events only for certain customers. Other customers know of the events, but cannot attend. Should they rage and quit doing business with that company?

So let me get this right this New Rep is to say thank you to people buying Cartel Packs? For over a year you have said screw you to us CE people. BW said they CE vendor would get updates. All we got is a pet. Now you say thank you to people buying Cartel Packs? Thanks for insulting us CE.

Well it seems your not as important a customer as a subscriber unless you are in some way supporting the spending of real cash in the shop.

If your not willing to shell out some additional cash or credits yourself or supplying someone else with credits so they can spend real cash ( to buy them off the GTN which someone also spent cash on) then your not as highly valued.

As a subscriber alone, you're second fiddle and your money is just not as good.

What a joke. Of all the cool things that are now in the CC store and the improved drops from the CC packs this is what sticks? Look, this is a frequent purchase program that's it. It's not a slight against subs, it is NOT p2w. It's simple. You pay enough you get a fluff perk. And if you are not into cartel packs, well then, this shouldn't matter to you anyway.

2 things come to mind here.

1. P2W has become a liberal term used when something is wrong... which is wrong.

2. Your sub, as great a deal as it is, does not cover everything imaginable. The fact that you get FREE cartel coins every month and the fact that you can then use those Cartel coins to buy whatever you want is more than reasonable.

Besides... in looking over the Cartel rep fluff, there isn't one must have item in the lot. Ironically, you get better stuff from the Cartel Packs if you are so inclined.

It would take over 10 years for a subscriber to reach Legend status using just the monthly grant. If that sounds realistic to you then no worries.

Once again, you can buy the Packs off of the GTN for credits. You don't have to spend Cartel Coins at all to do the grind.

Hence the troll face.

However, if you Only ever use your monthly grant you wouldn't care anyway