Erked.

Levity

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long standing customers were rewarded with tons of Cartel Coins when F2P went live.

Or have you forgotten that handout already?

Yes they forgot . it doesnt matter now. Bw needs to shell out more cosmetic gear for free asap or everyone will ragequit =D jeez this community...

Edited by Noldorin

This does not, in any way, shaft subs. It rewards people who spend more. The absence of a reward is not the same thing as a punishment.

Have you got the collectors Edition? how many items have you seen been added to the shop which was promised at launch those guys spent over £150 each at launch maybe more with a promise of more items..

just 1 example of subs getting shafted and this is in line with your view they spent more

Edited by Avorniel

Folks said they wanted updates. They got an update. Now they complain it's not enough. All you're doing is telling the devs that you can't be satisfied and so should be ignored.

dude did you even see that? its a freaking ridiculous, its a ****y little device that covers one of the eyes and not even with cool color just Yellow.

This does not, in any way, shaft subs. It rewards people who spend more. The absence of a reward is not the same thing as a punishment.

Your assumption that anyone who ever buys a cartel pack (the people being thanked remember) are spending more money on their game than someone who has regularly paid a sub is silly. Sure there are probably a few cases, but in general. No it's not likely that many people spend more than $15 every month to buy these packs.

Edited by Chaconne

dude did you even see that? its a freaking ridiculous, its a ****y little device that covers one of the eyes and not even with cool color just Yellow.

It doesn't matter. We can't all like everything added to the game. The new Gree speeder, for example, looks quite silly to me and I don't care about that at all. Not going to complain that that item is the only thing new to the event. Just going to ignore it.

My Goal in this game is:

Be a Legend on each fraction.

For solve this goal, i have to pay.

So for me it is: Pay2Win. :rolleyes: Or something other have to pay for me indirectly over the action house

Ive only got level 3 mods in my ship, I will have to pay to get legend for the space, so for me, thats pay to win.

• Reputation is based on money spent! - Although to an extent this is certainly true as the Reputation is gained by opening Contraband Packs, keep in mind that if you do not want to spend Cartel Coins on packs you always have the option of purchasing them through the GTN from other players. I know this will not diffuse the notion that it is a "pay to Reputation" but it is an alternative to spending Cartel Coins if that was your primary concern.

-eric

Thanks for this, I've just now canceled my Sub. Unfortunately, its a 6 month sub, so I have a few months before it runs out. But good to see the devs at BW just saved me a lot of money in the future. I do not pay for a game, I need to spend money in order to enjoy other aspects of the game by spending more money, it's one thing if its optional, which it is, but we are forced to spend money in order to gain reputation, which is total crap!

Again, thanks for saving me money.

Exactly. All the more reason to take it for what it is.

well other games with a solid content dont just give their subs the finger with every update! other games Reward you as a sub with those coins/points to spend on extra things not just recharge you for IN-GAME content.

Have you got the collectors Edition? how many items have you seen been added to the shop which was promised at launch those guys spent over £150 each at launch maybe more with a promise of more items..

just 1 example of subs getting shafted and this is in line with your view they spent more

I believe the CE came with actual physical items. There's your reward and value. Boom!

It doesn't matter. We can't all like everything added to the game. The new Gree speeder, for example, looks quite silly to me and I don't care about that at all. Not going to complain that that item is the only thing new to the event. Just going to ignore it.

Yet EVERYONE has a chance to get it and you don't NEED to spend real life cash to obtain it.

Sadly I may unsub as well.....I have been behind this game since the first beta and never wavered.

Now there is no benefit to being a sub, everything decent comes from spending money and not earning through the game. Now rep is grinded through spending money.

I love this game, but this is too much.

Your assumption that anyone who ever buys a cartel pack (the people being thanked remember) are spending more money on their game than someone who has regularly paid a sub is silly. Sure there are probably a few cases, but in general. No it's not likely that many people spend more than $15 every month to buy these packs.

Fine. It rewards people who spend money on their most popular product on the CM.

well other games with a solid content dont just give their subs the finger with every update! other games Reward you as a sub with those coins/points to spend on extra things not just recharge you for IN-GAME content.

This is not "other games," this is SWTOR. And you get a CC stipend every month, as a sub.

Sadly I may unsub as well.....I have been behind this game since the first beta and never wavered.

Now there is no benefit to being a sub, everything decent comes from spending money and not earning through the game. Now rep is grinded through spending money.

I love this game, but this is too much.

You Can Buy The Packs Off Of The GTN For Credits. You Do Not Have To Spend A Single Real Dollar.

How about this...

Option 1: on top of my 500 cc monthly allowance you also throw in 10 cartel packs so I have an opportunity to gain rep with this faction.

Option 2: Cut my monthly sub cost down to $5 so I can spend the other $10 I would be giving you on the packs you are now requiring me to buy in order to get access to in game content.

NOTE TO COMPLETIONISTS (which are the only people on this forum with even a chance of a valid gripe):

You can grind out this rep simply by grinding your favorite method of earning credits in game and buying these packs off the GTN. ;)

Show some common sense IMO. Any faction is going to be a grind. So... if grinding the Cartel Market offends you... then grind for credits and buy the packs with in game currency and .... DING... you got rep and access.

As for the rest of the gripers... same methodology applies. This requires absolutely zero purchase with real money on your part. There are plenty of people selling Cartel Packs on the GTN... and this change will encourage more of it.. which is a win for everyone.

Edited by Andryah

You Can Buy The Packs Off Of The GTN For Credits. You Do Not Have To Spend A Single Real Dollar.

You are funny.

Have you seen cartel pack prices before P2R was added? Now you have to be a Rockafeller almost.

agree really but it does leave a very sour taste in some players mouths when they were promised stuff and get 1 item while they reward others who may of spent less or more in some cases and get dedicated items for doing so..what ever happened to looking after existing customers and keeping promises ...but /shrug can't please everyone I guess just very very frustrating .

How about this...

Option 1: on top of my 500 cc monthly allowance you also throw in 10 cartel packs so I have an opportunity to gain rep with this faction.

Option 2: Cut my monthly sub cost down to $5 so I can spend the other $10 I would be giving you on the packs you are now requiring me to buy in order to get access to in game content.

Option 3: give subs hutt rep trophies for paying through the subscription model

There are lots of arguments for and against this. Frankly I understand both points of view. However, for me personally, and I'm the only one I can speak for, this just blows. I have no issue at all with the CM. I've used it. I've purchased the lovely cosmetic pieces I've wanted. But my issue is, I don't want the CM to be the only way to get gear, even if it is fluff. I would like to earn some stuff through playing the actual game. And yes stuff can be earned through playing, but they continue to add the better stuff ( again my opinion ) to the CM. And very regularly. This new rep is frankly the only faction I'd considered grinding, but I can't through the means I'd prefer.

For many it's no big deal. For me, it is. I don't see the game growing in ways I ( yet again, my thoughts and opinions ) would have thought it would with the new influx of cash. I'm just disappointed really. That's all. Not saying it's right or wrong. It just bothers me.

How about this...

i fully Agree with that, charging me for 15$ then more for the CM is dumb and kinda crossed the line

I can see from reading over this thread (and some others) that there are some questions around this new Reputation

There's a big difference between questions and complaints. What you're reading today is a heavy dose of the second, and for good reason.

-

• Reputation is based on money spent! - Although to an extent this is certainly true as the Reputation is gained by opening Contraband Packs, keep in mind that if you do not want to spend Cartel Coins on packs you always have the option of purchasing them through the GTN from other players. I know this will not diffuse the notion that it is a "pay to Reputation" but it is an alternative to spending Cartel Coins if that was your primary concern.

A CHEAP pack goes for 250K on my server. Let's say that I am the luckiest human being alive and I get a purple rep token from every pack that I buy (each pack comes with one rep token and it can be green, blue, or purple). So every 250k credits I spend, I get 1440 rep and it takes 70,000 to finish my rep. That's 12 million credits to be a completionist. It's also a completely unrealistic calculation because I'm going to get a bunch of greens and blues, so even if I get an even mix of greens, blues, and purple tokens I'm looking at 30 million credits to be a completionist. That's also assuming I can find over a hundred packs at the bargain basement price of 250k on the GTN.

You've failed to alleviate my "concern."

•  
  • Exclusive Items - As a part of this Reputation there are three vendors found on the fleet, only one of these vendors contains items exclusive to this organization (which again, has no stats on it). The other two vendors contain items which are either found in packs from Shipment One, or were previously a part of the Cartel Market (which are most likely all available from other players on the GTN). These items all cost credits, Cartel Market Certificates, or both.

I have to say it's pretty tone deaf for you to talk about this. I've read the whole thread up to your post and this isn't what people are complaining about. We all know that the cartel market has "exclusive items." It's been that way since the start and if we're still subscribing, we've accepted it.

The problem is that you've made it so that we can't be completionists without giving you a ton of extra money. It was the complaint of the original poster and it's the majority complaint echoed by your customers. The 2 items on your list that don't address that are at best you not understanding the problem and at worst an effort to build a pair of strawmen to distract from the real issue.

Shame on you.

Here's the the most important statement from EA/Bioware on this topic:

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations.

-eric

This is about one thing: pushing the last of the 15 bucks-a-month freeloaders out the door. They want more money. They know full well we won't like having content gated behind a hundreds-of-dollars paywall and they don't care.

This isn't the end, fellow customers. This is a new kind of game. They're interested in customers who will give them large chunks of money on a regular basis. If you wanted to play this game for 15 dollars a month, then you're going to have to settle for 2nd class citizen status.

They won't fix this. Watch the thread grow. Watch them not change a thing. This is EA/Bioware. This is what the game has become. I'm just glad I didn't waste 10 dollars on the Makeb content patch.