How can my Sentinel be a "Smash Monkey"?

Lordmird

Don't add to the problem.

Please, if you have nothing relevant or helpful to add... don't post.

EDIT: Besides, there's easy ways to get through Smash Monkeys in seconds

Edited by Lordmird

Valorous Call at beginning of match > Zen > Force Leap > Smash > Spam Slash > Zealous Slash > Force Exhaustion > Force Leap/Zealous Leap > Smash > spam slash > should have 30 centering again

Rinse repeat, add Dispatch as needed. Masterstrike for lulz. Use Stasis or Strike to build focus if you can't get your centering back.

• 8 months later...
Valorous Call at beginning of match > Zen > Force Leap > Smash > Spam Slash > Zealous Slash > Force Exhaustion > Force Leap/Zealous Leap > Smash > spam slash > should have 30 centering again

Rinse repeat, add Dispatch as needed. Masterstrike for lulz. Use Stasis or Strike to build focus if you can't get your centering back.

That but call>zen>leap>smash>blade storm>spam slash since if you spec it blade storm is free after leap and it lowers cd on smash just the same as slash. You use it after because of the damage buff from smash.

Edited by windogie

Are you the guy that stands there staring at me trying to figure out why you can't leap to me, and what the hell is that blue shield thing I'm crouched behind?

Guilty.

I am also leveling a sentinel (combat) and that blue shield of death is kinda confusing :p. Sometimes I can leap you despite the shield and other times it's a no-go. Different types of shielded mechanisms?

spec into the Focus tree.

stack power in every gear slot

profit?

This.

Also, you'll need to carry glowing bananas. The rotation isn't that hard. Its figured out buy basically reading the tooltips inside the spec tree and ability bar. Its not that hard to figure out, trust me. The hardest part about smash spec to master is reserving the smash for the right moment. Once you have yourself trained to not use it until people panic and blow their knockbacks and stuns, that's when you graduate from monkey to 400lb gorilla.