Yo, BW, put out a date for Gree Event returning.

BurnedRemains

One last thing I wanted to tease... Make sure you check out the Gree Event vendor. You will see what I think is the coolest looking mount in our game to date. Like, seriously it is amazing.

-eric

Has anyone at the design team ever seen Star Wars?

That mount is a joke and not the funny kind. Where in Star Wars do we see people travelling around in large blue bubbles. Star Wars despite being science fantasy has always been grounded in reality. Take a look at a new hope where Lukes land speeder is a bashed up old thing that hovers over the ground. The Falcon is a pile of Junk. You don't have people riding around in large blue balls that for the love of the Force don't do anything.

The player base has been asking for new species a long list of new armour models and what do you offer a tron style blue ball to go with the tron style armour. Is there any chance the design team can be sat down to watch the Star Wars Movies and not whatever cheesy sci fi junk they currently love to use as inspiration for things in the Star Wars Universe.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when it is too... OH WAIT I KNOW! :rak_03:

Here are the details! Game update 1.7.2 is going live with tomorrow morning's maintenance! That's right, you will be playing the Gree Event once again within 24 hours. Also since I know this will come up, the Gree Event will be running from March 12th - March 26th.

There are some other things I wanted to keep all of you apprised of as well. Aside from the Golden Scalene Armor being embargoed from the Cartel Market, so are a few other items. They are:

• Dire Taskmaster's Robe
  • Dire Overlord's Vestments
  • Dire Warmaster's Body Armor
  • Dire Eliminator's Chestguard
  • Guard Captain's Chestplate
  • CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit
  • CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate
  • Honored Master's Vestments
  • Honored Champion's Robe
  • Honored Sabarist's Harness
  • Honored Adept's Shroud
  • MA-52 Med-tech Chestplate
  • Emergency Responder's Overcoat
  • MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate
  • Jawagram "I Love You"
  • Jawagram "It's A Surprise"

One last thing I wanted to tease... Make sure you check out the Gree Event vendor. You will see what I think is the coolest looking mount in our game to date. Like, seriously it is amazing.

-eric

What's the reasoning behind these removals? I'm all for limited items, but as long as they are stated as such - I would have purchased a few of these items if I had known they were going to be pulled. I haven't been keeping up on the game, and ultimately, both I and BioWare lose out.

What's the reasoning behind these removals? I'm all for limited items, but as long as they are stated as such - I would have purchased a few of these items if I had known they were going to be pulled. I haven't been keeping up on the game, and ultimately, both I and BioWare lose out.

There are still available through the new rep faction. You need to have the rank newcomer and can buy them at 40k creds.

Thanks for the clarification. Gold Scalene, included? That's one I wanted to nab for my eventual Kel Dor...

Nope, only those lvl 43 gear sets. But it sounded like the gold one is gonna come back some time.

...but there probably aren't gonna be any Kel Dor, so...

As with BioWare, I'll see where Cathar take us.

Yeah, but, come on. There is only one model of this race in game. And I'm pretty sure a lot of devs don't like the imagine of one kissing a companion. Pretty sure that Kel Dor are out of question.

Yeah, but, come on. There is only one model of this race in game. And I'm pretty sure a lot of devs don't like the imagine of one kissing a companion. Pretty sure that Kel Dor are out of question.

Firstly, any species they add only has one or two models already in the game, since they're all single, non-customizable jobs. Secondly, the kissing thing is an oft-quoted misquote regarding relatability. It was later clarified. And that was the developer most staunchly against a variety of species selection who has since left - the current team is much more open to meeting the needs of the players. Lastly, given that Kel Dor are one of the few human-proportioned species (and thus able to utilize existing body types and gear models) to grace the top five of most polls, I'd say their chances are pretty good.

Granted, that's assuming that the chances of more species are good. But assuming more species are implemented, Kel Dor, Togruta and Nautolans are all top contenders.

Hm, really? I mean, there aren't even any female models, well, not that I saw any. And the stuff around their mount is reason to worry about clipping.. but it's not that I don't want Kel Dor or other races, on the contrary, I would love to play a Kel Dor (or a Kaleesh!), I just think it's rather unlikely.

Hm, really? I mean, there aren't even any female models, well, not that I saw any. And the stuff around their mount is reason to worry about clipping.. but it's not that I don't want Kel Dor or other races, on the contrary, I would love to play a Kel Dor (or a Kaleesh!), I just think it's rather unlikely.

They're as likely as more subsequent species, which is likely to take ages, anyway. The more recent statements on the subject say that the next species will be completely dependent on player demand - if we overwhelmingly want to play as sentient puddles of goo, that's what they'll make. Paraphrasing, but that's what was said. They'll also be sure to make the disadvantages (ie. clipping) of a particular choice known well before they implement a species to curtail player negativity later on.

Edited by CelCawdro

-eric

Oh man, this time you guys seriously weren't lying. After that terribad czerka vehicle I had lost all faith.

Faith Restored!

Alright, I have an answer for ya, I even come bearing details! The answer to the first part is that, as you know, you will have a cap of 50 Planetary Commendations. The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.

Hope that clears it up! Nice work chuixupu on trying to clear it up as well as that had "part" of the answer. Go team!

-eric

It's clear, but also a bit rough on the player. Mind you, I'm fairly casual - I detest repeating quest chains, I do not go out chasing commendations. My primary Jedi, who has been 50 for some time, has the following accumulated:

• Alderaan : 38
  • Balmorra : 14
  • Belsavis : 40
  • Corellia : 11
  • Coruscant: 67
  • Hoth : 26
  • Nar Shad : 43
  • Ord Mant : 1
  • Quesh : 17
  • Taris : 10
  • Tatooine : 2
  • Tython : 15
  • Voss : 42

I know I spent most of them on Tatooine on the artifact boxes (I was after a specific torso armor), but the total above is 326 commendations. That's casual accumulation, not hoarding. When it's time to gear up an alt who needs some halfway acceptable mods/armorings that I don't feel like crafting, I can stroll to the vendor to pick them up. Going from 13 worlds with a cap of 1000 each to a singular pool with a max of 100 is absolutely absurd.

Going from 13 worlds with a cap of 1000 each to a singular pool with a max of 100 is absolutely absurd.

this is the thing that irritates me most. i understand why they have a cap, but they should allow you to keep any that were previously earned

It's clear, but also a bit rough on the player. Mind you, I'm fairly casual - I detest repeating quest chains, I do not go out chasing commendations. My primary Jedi, who has been 50 for some time, has the following accumulated:

• Alderaan : 38
  • Balmorra : 14
  • Belsavis : 40
  • Corellia : 11
  • Coruscant: 67
  • Hoth : 26
  • Nar Shad : 43
  • Ord Mant : 1
  • Quesh : 17
  • Taris : 10
  • Tatooine : 2
  • Tython : 15
  • Voss : 42

I know I spent most of them on Tatooine on the artifact boxes (I was after a specific torso armor), but the total above is 326 commendations. That's casual accumulation, not hoarding. When it's time to gear up an alt who needs some halfway acceptable mods/armorings that I don't feel like crafting, I can stroll to the vendor to pick them up. Going from 13 worlds with a cap of 1000 each to a singular pool with a max of 100 is absolutely absurd.

I could add to this math. when I casually accumulate my coms, I usually end up with 60+ per planet, which I then use to do my every 4 level mod upgrading. even if you craft/buy elsewhere armorings and barrels/hilts (the more expensive components at 7 per piece), you need 64 coms to gear you and your companion. I tend to do just that, because I like a unified look all orange gear gives me (one of the things I liked about SWTOR from the start - being able to pick out an outfit and stick with it) furthermore. even post llv 40, for someone like me, who tends to not spacebar through conversations and escape out to redo some of the options I didn't like - it takes me a few hours of gameplay to finish a planet. with casual playing its 2-3 evenings tops.

how exactly am I supposed to gear my alts after that? please don't tell me GTN, I'm aware of GTN. but I don't like the idea that I'm now restricted with how many quest rewards I can get, as well as my upgrade sources.

weekly cap, WEEKLY, of 50 coms is laughable. why am I paying subscription if you are going to restrict my ability to play anyways, exactly?

what exactly is so worrying about accumulating planetary coms? but high levels can go back to low level planes and do repeatable dailies to get coms to buy higher level mods, you say. and? end game dailies are easier faster source of money anyways, and most group quests on earlier planets are instanced, so you din't even interfere with lowbie leveling. I create more interference even when I'm trying not to, when I go back to earlier planets to farm up materials to craft items for quest reward gap filling I do already.

all these draconian weekly caps are ridiculous. we already had soft caps. you were limited to how many high end coms you could earn per week by sheer virtue of them being rewarded once per day, per source and that's it, but you could still make some sort of progress in other ways. so why add more reward restrictions? if someone wants to play more, why artificially stop them? they are either adults who can make their own decisions, or their parents should be the ones responsible for curtailing their gametime.

these limitations imposed on subscribers are the reason why I won't be renewing my paid subscription and switching to preferred. I can deal with cartel market rep. I don't like it, but its not the biggest problem. the biggest problem is creating what feels like penalties for subscribing instead of benefits. I no longer see benefits to subscribing, not with the 2.0 intended changes.