Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

#1: too many idiots to deal with spamming

Cityof has global chat channels between servers and suffers next to no spam, with thousands of people on most of the channels. They get moneyspammers on the help channel sometimes but that's about it (though having players as mods probably isn't such a great idea due to the cliques that inevitably form around having power)

too many people competing for the same crap (harvesting, boss mobs, quest mobs, etc)
:jawa_wink: I did say split zones into instances though ;) (instead of servers, e.g. people can just flick between instance #s when they want to be in a place for an event or group with friends or even an option to switch between hopping between normal zone instances and the PVP-free versions of the zones would probably make more people try it out if it wasn't such a limiting thing that you can't stand around anywhere *ever*, hehe.)

too many crashes. Server resources are finite
Yeah, but it'd just be a couple of instances if one server crashed, the same as if it'd just be one server crashing if it crashed :jawa_biggrin: Edited by SelinaK

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said the other day whats still up?

I play on Lord Calypho (Just because I find those who might like RP to be more polite - on average - people) and it was before whatever Bioware did full more or less from 1pm to 12am, now its between heavy and Very heavy (Admittedly it could have gone to Full while I was in but still).

All the European servers when I've looked only a couple have had wait times and they aren't that long 10 to 15 mins, Make a cup of tea/coffee and a sandwich or have a wa*k personally 15mins ain't that big of a deal.

Give Bioware time they sorted out the queue problems on the majority of servers in a matter of days the most heavily crowded might take a couple more but they aren't ignoring the problem.

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

US-based servers

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE

The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

The Fatman – US East Coast - PvP

EU-based servers

Bloodworthy – EU English - PvP

Frostclaw – EU English - PvE

Legions of Lettow – EU English - PvP

The Red Eclipse – EU English - PvE

Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English - PvP

Darth Revan's Mask – EU German - PvP

Darth Traya – EU German - PvP

Jar'Kai Sword - EU German - PvP

Hrakert Rift – EU French - PvP

Add Nightmare Lands (EU English PVE) to that list. It has eternal queue

And where is others many server with fulll and queue? when i login i see many many more full servers

i have characters on The Red Eclipse and when i login around 13:00-23:00 havent chance join early than 50min in queue line :(

Free migration is good idea i think

There first was a que before the increase in population. on freedon nadd. It was 1200 to 1500ish. And now again 1200 at this time. Really sort out some transfers cause this is just stupid when i look at the list. I wanna play when i can not put myself in que, go to town and get back 4 hours and see i am 200 postion. Come on....

And i was thinking for a moment things got setled on the Red Eclipse.

No there is a 500 man 1pm queue right now.

3 days after launch its time to start locking those overcrowded servers.

Wait ... the server ain't overcrowded, the cap should be way higher!

Cmon sort it out, only a few hours to play and i have to wait out a 500 man queue :(

Suxs balls.

Well i got a feeling the que's where high and then they upped the cap. I was in position at that time at 1000 and got in right away. People saying to friends ah i can join now right away come over... And those people came over now and its even higher now... Come give server transfer so i can move from that server. I am allready lv 40 so not going to do it again. That server is from the 2nd day que que que que.

SORT IT OUT!!!

Can't BioWare simply temporarily restrict access to new players in the popular servers (i.e. Tomb of Freedon Nadd) to only those with invites only from in-game (Tomb of Freedon Nadd) players (i.e. friends and guilds)?

This is a simple and fair quick fix solution to those that are already in the game and paying their subscriptions to que for 3 hours and only play 30 minutes. At the moment we've only got people joining for the hell of it on their own because its the most populated server. :(

Edited by deanogee

Like I said the other day whats still up?

I play on Lord Calypho (Just because I find those who might like RP to be more polite - on average - people) and it was before whatever Bioware did full more or less from 1pm to 12am, now its between heavy and Very heavy (Admittedly it could have gone to Full while I was in but still).

All the European servers when I've looked only a couple have had wait times and they aren't that long 10 to 15 mins, Make a cup of tea/coffee and a sandwich or have a wa*k personally 15mins ain't that big of a deal.

Give Bioware time they sorted out the queue problems on the majority of servers in a matter of days the most heavily crowded might take a couple more but they aren't ignoring the problem.

it's on full with queue and nowhere else to reroll to if you like rppvp servers it's maddening imo

I think you should lock the servers that are currently full which have a que time on them, also have a "invite a friend to the server" option so people will not moan about friends not been able to join the server they are currently playing on. Thats what i think anyways :cool:

2 days since their "We are monitoring it" post.

Are there plans for BW to post an update on the situation?

How far are we from having a patch that allows us to crash without having to requeue.

Already had to leave a early-access char due to the 1000+ player queues... so that was a big waste of time.

i'm happy to update that The Harbinger has gone from terrible (1hr-3hr queue) to a very acceptable ~15-20 minute queue.

so for those that are experiencing greater queue times, I would suggest you just keep voicing the concern. I have a feeling BW is so short staffed for the task right now, that it's literally a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

I think you should lock the servers that are currently full which have a que time on them, also have a "invite a friend to the server" option so people will not moan about friends not been able to join the server they are currently playing on. Thats what i think anyways :cool:

Sounds like a good idea to me.

All this is a great sign that the game is off to a fantastic start. I have never had to que for any MMO I have ever played so I am of the mindset that this game is going to be great for a long time and possibly rival "that game of which we won't speak".

As many of you know, we're experiencing high load and corresponding queues on some servers.

We're monitoring all of our servers around the clock, and we're raising server population caps where required.

We want incoming players to populate lower population servers.

These servers are closing in on their absolute population cap (the maximum amount of players who can be on the server at any given time) and will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak play times.

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

Well advised. We appreciate this type of 'notice' and information. Even 'bad news' is better than no news. So I hope these responses encourage you guys to try and keep us, as a whole, in the 'loop', so to speak.

Well done,

Edited by Neofate

I know it's probably been said a lot but I look forward to server transfers. I started in early access and picked a standard population server as there were no low population that i saw at the time. A few days after It is full consistently. I would like to play on a less populated server but don't wish to lose the levels I've gained. This would not be as much of an issue, but I also noticed the first time I received a queue that new servers had been opened that I had no choice to use during character creation. It is extremely frustrating that, after committing to buy the game before release, none of us were allowed to select from all of the servers that were intended to be up for the games release causing preorder customers to be stuck on full servers.

I sincerely hope that this is remedied soon, as I do enjoy playing the game very much. It's less enjoyable sitting in a queue for a large chunk of the limited time I have to play.