Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

Im not trying to defend those people who use exploits, third party programs, macroes, and this kind of stuff, but who was 1st the egg or the chicken ??, most of people who are using this coz they wont wait this crappy endless queues, so blame them, but dont blame them too much, most of them are forced to do it, coz of the situation .......

I was talking about people like myself... just I'm currently in queue so they are the bad guys

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've killed our guild.

even a 30 minute wait sucks, but we're averaging 1-2hr wait during the times of day we can play to get on our Bioware assigned server, meaning no one's going to sit in a wait queue for 1-2 hours if that's going to cut out a 2-3hour play time.

Now all our guild has rolled alts on other servers, which, sadly, have now become our mains, and the time invested in pre-launch game time has now been lost on characters that can't be played at all during our guild time because of wait times.

I love this game. I'm not planning on leaving. I haven't seen any server crashes, or resets, so yeah, I'd say you've got a great launch planned out except for basically ruining our entire pre-launch characters and guild.

Are we supposed to wait 4 months before we go back to our pre-launch character/guild server and then resume playing them? Was that the intention?

same here gone from 10 memebers online to 3 if were lucky

This is unpleasant because of that.

I am not a big player really who is playing until 0.24 clocks because I work a lot.

I can sit down onto a clock daily.

On the other hand yeah a hour of dot the waiting list.

Shall I go onto an other server? Well thanks, Early was my clan and all of them here already before because of acces we started. He was this at the time of an appearance so. Not our mistake. Our playing time passes by and yesterday during instance Dc I received it. and I was not able to go back because it was necessary to wait for 35 minutes.

this is bad legendarily so! :mad::mad:

Let me get this straight Stephen.

- Bioware expected queues.

- You knew queues were coming too.

- Bioware system allocated far too many people to some servers thus giving a huge population surge on some servers.

- There was no development done to allow character transfer despite you knew this was coming.

So to summarize:

We should lose all of our effort put into characters, completely upheave our guild from the server you put us to risk going on a server which may just go from light to full in the next week anyway? (As some have definitely done)

Your response yesterday seems to impose that servers which are near their hard population cap will basically have queues from here on in, with no ETA on a character transfer.

Maybe some more clarification on this if possible? Your post is unclear to me.

In the first paragraph you say there are a bunch of servers nearing the population cap, then you go on to say:

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem.

So what is it? You're reviewing the cap on servers other than the ones listed?

I also find it very curious that there can be a 900 queue on Legions of Lettow at 10AM in the morning on a work day. Surely there are no more than 2000 people online right now, which is no where near the cap of players online?

Edited by supernickx

Like many other players I work full time, get home at approx 6 and then queue for 2.5hrs. I preordered to get the early access so I could get a jump start on levelling as I can't play as often as I would like to...

I did some quick albeit basic math on this. For every hour I have played I have spent the same ammount of time in a queue, how is that value for money Bioware? Am I expected to roll a new character every day on low pop servers just to get some play time?

Seems a bit pointless for a story driven game when i'm basically forced to repeat the same story over and over just to get my moneys worth..

I understand that you won't lock servers down as you do not want to restrict people from playing with their friends, but by doing that, you ARE restricting people. I have many friends on my server but i'm not willing to pay £40+ for a game + subscription fee + queuing time to play along side them. I would just rather not play.

Star Wars is a massive franchise, with the pre-orders and forecasting that you would have done how could you have got it this wrong?

If our project/release managers got it this wrong they would be out the door without a second thought.

We're monitoring all of our servers around the clock, and we're raising server population caps where required.

At this moment the population looks as this 12.10 CET i might add a.k.a middle of the day.

Out of the

92 servers that Europe have

51 of them are already full (56%)

11 are heavy loaded (12%)

and 3 very heavy loaded (3%)

This means that over 70% of the servers are or soon have a queue IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. Most of the people where I live work now so you can imagine the queues at the afternoon when they get home from work. How do you expect us to pay to stand in line?

I just tried to log on to EU Bloodworthy at 12:00 CET = 1050 people ahead in a queue. Exactly how are you raising population on the servers when it has not been this bad since the release of the pre-order?

If people actually sit out the time in queue to create a char or to play one that is already created, doesn't that tell you something? For me it says, I have friends on this server and if I am to become a paying customer I want to play with my friends. But with these queues and a trend of people staying logged in forever with macros, remote controls and what not this is gonna fail BAD for those that don't if something doesn't happen before the weekend is up.

Throughout the chat people are now arguing who has the longest logon time varying from 2-4 hours, that's not right.

So stop your gradual, incremental, planning ahead BS and start acting so that people actually see something happen. As of now it's getting worse. A tip would be to cut the servers 10 seconds every night to cut out the stay in for lifers and lower the queue BUT that doesn't solve the problem so ACT, stand up and tell us what is actually done. Give us numbers on the popluation cap on a server now and after the weekend so we can track that something is indeed happening.

- Bioware system allocated far too many people to some servers thus giving a huge population surge on some servers.

That's not true because on my server there are lots of people that were assigned to a different server.

QFT.. try a 3hour queue at 8am in the morning. Now imagine what it's going to be like come 6pm.

I'll take your 3 hour queue at 8am, and I'll raise you a 6-7 hour queue (remains to be seen) at 9.30am.

Tomb of Freedom of Nadd is ridiculous. I'm against moving servers without free transfers, but the guild was talking about starting again yesterday. The problem is, its more or less the whole of the pop that was on Norn from WAR, so either everyone moves, or it will be crap.

"Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem."

So raise the population to reduce the queue to the max. 15 minutes. New players are unlikely to choose servers with queues. And 15 minutes of waiting is acceptable.

I laugh at your pitiful excuses. If you wanted to encourage players strongly not to make chars on a particular server then maybe, just maybe you shouldn't have allowed their friends in 5 days earlier on those particular servers.

Right now I've got a 850 ppl queue at 11am on Frostclaw. And no, obviously it's not acceptable. But I've already paid you for this month by buying your epic fail, so I'll keep waiting in line feeling like the complete idiot that I am for preordering this POS and not waiting till it goes free to play inevitably. Watching it crash and burn will be disturbingly enjoyable and I can only hope it takes you down with it. You incompetent, clueless monkeys.

Oh, random.

I just moved from position 900 something to getting to character screen in about 10 minutes.

I guess they upped the cap on Tomb of Freedom of Nadd.

Glad I didn't go to the shop like I was thinking of doing. Mighta missed my window.

Edited by Hayemaker

I'll take your 3 hour queue at 8am, and I'll raise you a 6-7 hour queue (remains to be seen) at 9.30am.

Tomb of Freedom of Nadd is ridiculous. I'm against moving servers without free transfers, but the guild was talking about starting again yesterday. The problem is, its more or less the whole of the pop that was on Norn from WAR, so either everyone moves, or it will be crap.

If they will add a transfer, I will even move if it costs you. Because I have my xmas vacation now but normally I am home at 4-7 pm, 3-5 queue on top of that isn't the best.

Corellian Run should be added as well, queues in the am and 40mins plus during prime time. Our guild would gladly transfer to a lower pop server if offered.

thats a really really short queue, the servers listed have queues of 1.8k+ people, equalling about 4+ hours wait time in prime time.

11:30 gmt and Tomb of Freedon Nadd had 2,2k queue (6 hours wait time).

Edit: Just got in directly from 1700 in line O.o

Edited by Gawded

Oh, random.

I just moved from position 900 something to getting to character screen in about 10 minutes.

I guess they upped the cap on Tomb of Freedom of Nadd.

Glad I didn't go to the shop like I was thinking of doing. Mighta missed my window.

Either that or server crash. In which case, be ready for another flood of abuse from people now locked out :)

People are going to start cancelling their subs if they cant play with their friends on highpop servers. Waiting 3 hours in queue when you're home from work just to play 3 hours isnt acceptable. Doesnt really matter what excuse you have.

You should be more flexible to accomodate the playerbase you have, the launch of a game is extremely critical for maintaining a playerbase later on, and so far we're not off to a good start.