Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

You get a cookie!

There was no obligation to join the server your guild was assigned to. If your guild was assigned to a Full server, it was perfectly within your rights and capability to roll elsewhere.

It's not BW's fault people are dumb.

My guild was placed on day 2 when it was low and many others were high population. It is now my fault that the server population is high and I have a 40m - 1h queue?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may need to put a warning for Death Wind Corridor as well. I started at 520th in queue with estimated time of 40m.

Except for Shadow Hand I guess that I started at 660 in queue with 50 minutes and after 30 minutes I'm at about 375...

If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

What happens when these low population servers fill up? Should we just pack up and move again to another low population server?

Might want to add Anchorhead to the list as well. Well over 1000 queue right now... estimated wait time 1h15m

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

Hope there is a fix for this very soon. I really don't like waiting 2 hours in queue only to get disconnected, not fun at all.

Edited by Deucelol

As many of you know, we're experiencing high load and corresponding queues on some servers. This is to be expected during launch, as a high number of people want to play the game, and for long stretches at a time.

We're monitoring all of our servers around the clock, and we're raising server population caps where required. However, to ensure our long-term goals of server stability and healthy populations, we do not want to raise population caps too rapidly. We want incoming players to populate lower population servers. At the same time, higher population servers will not be 'locked' because we want to allow people to join a server to play with their friends if they wish to.

With this in mind, we wanted to notify everyone of some consistently high population servers. These servers are closing in on their absolute population cap (the maximum amount of players who can be on the server at any given time) and will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak play times.

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

US-based servers

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE

The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

The Fatman – US East Coast - PvP

EU-based servers

Bloodworthy – EU English - PvP

Frostclaw – EU English - PvE

Legions of Lettow – EU English - PvP

The Red Eclipse – EU English - PvE

Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English - PvP

Darth Revan's Mask – EU German - PvP

Darth Traya – EU German - PvP

Jar'Kai Sword - EU German - PvP

Hrakert Rift – EU French - PvP

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

Then I suggest YOU people starting pooping Free Transfers as of yesterday.

WE as a Guild did not choose this server, YOU as a company PUT us there.

My take on the whole thing is I am in it for the long haul. I know over that time I will play multiple classes and potentially multiple servers. While I normally would take one all the way to 50 before I start another one, the queues have simply altered my plans.

I make a choice when I log in to either wait in queue to play my main or go ahead roll one of those other characters I was going to make anyway and play some on it. It might actually be better this way as I can maybe play them each to 10 or 15 and then decide or change who I was going to concentrate on.

The bottom line is I have multiple options becuase Im not hung up on trying to hit max level quicker than everyone else most likey in order to get some kind of pvp advantage.

They should've given us the ability to play on an alt server and still stay in the queue for our regular server. Like queueing up for PvP.

I don;'t think that would be easy to do, but a brilliant idea. It gets people into the game enjoying it even while waiting on their main.

2 cookies for you

I still see only good way to lock listed servers and raise there population cap for those who are already on these servers. 1500+ people in queques is enough... We do not need newcomers here. When will situation calm down you could unlock these servers...

Better yet, don't even List the servers that are full, that way the newcomers can join the light to medium servers and fill them up.

A little bit of coding can do that just fine and it's NOT rocket science.

Better yet, don't even List the servers that are full, that way the newcomers can join the light to medium servers and fill them up.

A little bit of coding can do that just fine and it's NOT rocket science.

Yup, you could probably google it... :p

I'm all for what I thought would have been an awesome idea...

Lock the servers that were already having queue times prior to release. Allow the new servers to get flooded by the new people so that no queue times already increased past what they already were. Allow people that had not pre-ordered but participated in the guild launch to be assigned to their proper server (even if it was full) and then simply after a week or so allow those full servers to be open again to new people. Maybe it would have worked, maybe it wouldn't have. Either way it would have been better than to allow more people to continue to populate already full servers. Of course some people would cry about not being able to be with their friends.. well maybe they should have been in a guild with them then. (You didn't have to pre-order to be in the guild launch right?)

Too bad its post release now.

This is a big problem. Us adults who dont have 3+ hours to play everynight just want to log on where WE WERE PLACED BY BIOWARE and PLAY THE CHARACTERS WE HAVE MADE without having to wait in 1000+ people queues (more than an hour wait).

FIX IT or you will not be getting my $15 a month.

(You didn't have to pre-order to be in the guild launch right?)

Too bad its post release now.

You needed like 8 or so? in guild launch to be pre-order. Don't think it required everyone to do so though....

Edited by Ramuaz

I think another problem is that in this game there are no cross server dungeons or battlegrounds/warzones.

Why would we want to risk rolling on a light server that may not have enough people to do group content? You see on WoW that typically people avoid low pop servers like the plague even though that game HAS x-server queuing. Auction houses on low pop servers tend to suck as well.

So all these new people are coming in and flooding our already high pop servers more and more because they want a server they know will have actual people on it. Nobody wants to end up on a dead server anymore then they want to end up on a server with an hour queue.

It's not fair to ask up to gamble our time to hope we end up in the perfect place (high enough pop not to suck, but not so over populated that you have a queue).

Edited by _Borg_

I'm considering just biting the bullet and rerolling on a light population server. I'm just concerned that a server that is light now during all this rush will end up a ghost town later. Alternatively, that server could see an explosion in population and end up with queues just like the ones now.

Sigh, so many dilemmas...

Edited by Sajikus

I have such a hard time complaining about this game, because i enjoy playing it so much.

But these damn queues are unacceptable. I am 863 in queue for Jung Ma, which i joined first wave of EGA. So i had no idea how big it would be. I would change, but i would really like to play RP-PVP, i only have one other option for my time zone. Im sure that one will regularly have queues.

I would like to play the damn game ive paid for before i have to sleep to go to work in the AM.

I have no problem with 15-20 minute queues even, but these 2 hour+ waits are ridiculous

I have no problem with 15-20 minute queues even, but these 2 hour+ waits are ridiculous

A big problem I see is that what is an acceptable time frame for Bioware is not an acceptable time frame for their customers. I've seen this time and time again through out the years with their ambiguous "soon" answers. Not everyone plays for hours at a time. Some people only have an hour or two to play a night and to sit through these queues during this time is not what I consider acceptable.

Ok guys how about when you have a game crash , you do not have to wait in the line to get right back on.. I have been on all day then I go to the fleet station.. and bam game crash ...try to log right back in and I am stuck in a 600 person line 40 min wait ! :mad:

I am glad my machine runs the game well and I dont crash much \\

Please fix the estimated wait time on "The Fatman" server. The estimated wait time listed on the server list is nowhere near the actual wait time.

I think this is all of them. My wait time said 45 minutes ago and I was at 660. An hour later and I'm at 150...

if i'll create a new character on a new server with a light population how you could secure that next day I will not experience the same issue. i.e 2-4-6 hour queue. I think this is a main question that you need to ask yourself.

This is my concern as well. I do not wish to start over again on a new light load server only to find out in a couple days that it's over loaded and I am back to queues. Besides, all my guild is on the server I was pre-deployed to, so we would all have to start over... it's not very likely.

Edit: oh, and Anchorhead should be on that list as well. Always has a queue, even at 7am pacific it had one.

Edited by FestivusStarWars

I find it honestly comical that you list a single US-PVP-East server as one to 'avoid' if you don't want to wait in a queue. What about the other 20 servers that all currently have hour-long queues and have had queues since first thing this morning?

This is going to dwindle my interest VERY fast if I have to wait nearly an hour every time I want to play. Yes, WoW had bad queues when it first started, but it was also completely unexpected and the first time a MMO really garnered widespread appeal. You guys knew this was coming with SWTOR, held stress tests, and yet we didn't see new servers until after all the initial servers were overfilled with massive queue times.