Sniper 2.0 PTS!

paowee

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headshot and Eviscerate should not be removed.

All PvE only skills like headshot and eviscerate were removed from all classes. And honestly, they were only used on trash mobs in FP/OPS because you couldn't stun/incapacitate/slow any bosses anyway. They were a total waste of money/quickbar slot for 95% of all situations.

I enjoyed Headshot for trash adds on fights. Used it a lot on FB&SC adds or mini adds on fights like Bonethrasher and Foreman Crusher. I can't say I'm really sad to see them go, though. I think the original idea of adding them was good, but they didn't turn out to be as useful as the Devs probably hoped...and for almost every class it was just a wasted ability.

You guys are probably still busy on the PTS (i have to download 10gb more :( ) but can anyone confirm if we have the Take Down proc talent in Lethality?

Yep, it's near the top of the lethality tree, just below Wounding Shots.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the new talent in the MM tree that allows Ambush, SoS, and back to back casts of Snipe to reset the cd of Followthrough. I haven't played my sniper in some time and i was only on the pts for a short time today but this new talent seems incredible. Granted, FT already had a super short cd at 6sec but now we will have virtually zero downtime with MM.

Drop into cover - instant Snipe - FT - Ambush - FT - SoS - FT

Seems pretty great to me.

Oh and MM has a talent that increases the crit chance of SoS by 15%. MM has always been my favorite tree and i think i'm going to love it even more.

As well as a quick screenshot of our new talents? :D

Unless they add something incredibly good for Full Lethality, these 2.0 changes are a great buff to the existing Lethality / Engi Hybrid :rolleyes: EP had its energy cost increased by 5 but received a slight damage buff, CD had its energy cost lowered to 16 and Interrogation Probe had its energy cost lowered by 5. Until more parses/logs come out, the Alacrity change is certainly a welcome change as well. I currently am sitting at 300 Acc Rating and 346 Crit Rating and I am willing to move ~some of these to Alacrity if it means:

More energy regen

Faster channelled abilities

Faster DoT applications

More DPS :p

EDIT: Do not want to spread misinformation so i am putting these in spoiler tag :o That stats are going to be rebalanced as well (which i overlooked). My 346 Crit Rating (in addition to my Cunning) will no longer result in ~40% Crit Chance.

At the moment our Crit benefits us greatly because DoT critical hits give energy back which allows us to use less Rifle Shots. With ~some points in Alacrity now helping energy regen AND activation time AND activation speed... all i can say is :rak_03:

Akopra from SWTOR-EU http://www.torparse.com/statistics rolls 220 Critical Rating as Hybrid and can parse up to 2178 on the dummy (can not find log at the moment...). Given my current stats, if i go 220 Crit Rating and put some points into Alacrity, that will put me at:

• Given 220 Critical Rating
  • 300 Accuracy Rating (300 Acc Rating with companion buffs already puts me at 100.27% ranged accuracy which is over the cap... :o it wouldn't hurt to parse and try allocating a little of these into the new Alacrity)
  • 300 Surge
  • 126 Alacrity (in addition to the 4% we already get from Deadly Directive if it didnt get changed)

Still have 9gb left on my PTS... XD

--

Edited by paowee

All PvE only skills like headshot and eviscerate were removed from all classes. And honestly, they were only used on trash mobs in FP/OPS because you couldn't stun/incapacitate/slow any bosses anyway. They were a total waste of money/quickbar slot for 95% of all situations.

Then improve the ability, don't remove them. Have them work differently in PvP situations, make them useable on higher mobs and bosses with a lesser effect, to simply throw them out is to throw out the work that went into implementing those abilities, we are funding their development team. The last I checked, nobody was complaining about wiping due to a lack of attack on stun abilities against ops bosses and pvp. I don't buy the free more quickbar space / less money reasoning either. There is no reasonable justification for this change, this is the epitome of 'change for the sake of change'.

Edited by Tordos

Sniper Skill Tree changes (from what I've seen)

MM:

• Level 25:
    • Recol Control changed. Now increases the speed at which SoS channels and fires by 15/30 %. Also firing 2 Snipes in a row, finishing a full SoS, firing once Ambush or Takedown resets FT cooldown. (2 point skill)

• Seek Cover. Grants Sneek Cover with 50/100 % chance of exiting Entrench which increases movement speed by 50% for 6s. (2 point skill)

[*]Level 35:

• Muzzle Fluting. FT reduces the energy cost of your next 2 Snipes by 5. (1 point skill)

• Headshot. Increases the critical chance of Takedown and SoS by 15% and reduces their energy cost by 3. (1 point skill)

• Portable Bunker. Increases the duration of Entrench by 3s, also after using Covered Escape you get Entrench for 3s. (1 point skill)

• ]Debilitating Shots. Increases Trauma duration of Shatter Shot by 3s. Also when Leg Shot's effect wears off there is a 50/100 % chance to slow the target movement speed by 70%. (2 point skill)

Lethality:

• Level 25
    • Augmented Shield. Increases damage absorbed by Shield Probe by 15/30 % (2 point skill)

[*]Level 30

• Lingering Toxins down to 1 point skill only applies 15%.

• Toxic Regulators. DoTs affected by your sleep effects don't tick.

[*]Level 35:

• Lethal Takedown. Increases Cull damage by 1/2/3 %. Also has a 15/30/45 % to trigger Lethal Takedown, finishing Takedown cooldown and allowing Takedown to be used at any health level.

• Corrosive Mine. Increases duration of Evasion by 1s. Also when Covered Escape is used leaves a corrosive mine that deals internal AoE damage and slows by 70%. 50/100 5 chance)

There are changed to Engineering but since I'm not familiar with it I need to get back to Live to confirm some.

Again those might be missing information.

From what I see MM might be taking some alacrity while Lethality remais pretty much the same but I still have to get my Main copied to test some ideas.

Edited by BetaKiller

Yep, it's near the top of the lethality tree, just below Wounding Shots.

Drop into cover - instant Snipe - FT - Ambush - FT - SoS - FT

Seems pretty great to me.

Oh and MM has a talent that increases the crit chance of SoS by 15%. MM has always been my favorite tree and i think i'm going to love it even more.

Those are great changes! And I am with you in MM. Hopefully these changes can put MM single target DPS closer to Lethality!

Edited by paowee

Note that they're changing the stat formula somewhat. From what I have read right now, you lose about 8% critical in full BiS 63. Unless there is something else to make up for the lost in energy regen, Lethality may not be playable at all in 2.0.

Thanks for the post on talent tree changes!

Note that they're changing the stat formula somewhat. From what I have read right now, you lose about 8% critical in full BiS 63. Unless there is something else to make up for the lost in energy regen, Lethality may not be playable at all in 2.0.

It'll probably be a minor annoyance at first, similar to trying to level Lethality with slightly subpar leveling gear. Once we get starter 55 gear and start getting into Ops I imagine it will be a lot like what we had to deal with in early EV/KP, in that we really have to sacrifice a bit of other stats to get our crit where we need it, just until we get a few tiers in and the cunning ramps up.

Either way, I'm looking forward to messing with MM again.

Lethality talent trees (PVE DPS) in the PTS:

1. Lingering Toxins

LIVE - (2/2) [...] when Corrosive Dart or Corrosive Grenade end, they have a [50 / 100]% chance to be replaced by a weaker version of that same effect that deals 15% of the original effect's damage over 9 seconds.

PTS - (1/1) [...] when Corrosive Dart or Corrosive Grenade end, they have a [100]% chance to be replaced by a weaker version of that same effect that deals 15% of the original effect's damage over 9 seconds.

Lingering Toxins down to 1 skill point. Remained at 15%

EDIT CORRECTION: 2. Devouring Microbes

LIVE - (3/3) Increases the damage dealt by poison effects by [5 / 10 / 15]% on targets below 30 % of max health.

PTS - (3/3) Increases the damage dealt by poison effects by [5 / 10 / 15]% on targets below 30 % of max health

CORRECTION:

EDIT: Devouring Microbes stays the same (3 points skill)

3. And ofcourse our awesome new Cull (damage buffed by 3%) with 45% chance to use Take Down regardless of health level. And the AoE DPS talent built into Covered Escape.

Thanks for the talent trees!

Edited by paowee

Seems like we got the *******st upgrades. Most of those ability are geared more for PVP. Like the stealth detection...big f'ing deal if u dont pvp. Minor energy changes to some abilities. At least OPs got the inc energy regen passive.

Seems like we got screwed.

Stealth detection will be useful in EC. My guess is that there may be stealth in the new Ops content (haven't played yet).

PTS - (3/3) Increases the damage dealt by poison effects by [5 / 10 / 15]% on targets below 15 % of max health

Dislike that one, but I guess if you look at takedown being 30%, and that being 30%, you'd really put a hurt on someone. With it being 15% I guess it will increase the TTK.

Yeh the spotter ability is sweet.

We tested it today and its pretty simple:

30 stacks means you can see a stealthed player without any buffs to stealth from 30 meters away.

When stealth is increased by 15 (Ie sneak) you can only see from 15 meters.

Passive adons to stealth, like +5 perma, means without sneak you can see from 25 and with its 10 meters...

However this isnt a major deal, from 15 meters a scoundrel can roll or a shadow can force speed still making it to their target, it just mainly now stops stealth caps....

thank you thank you for this very nice math.

Lethality talent trees (PVE DPS) in the PTS:

1. Lingering Toxins

LIVE - (2/2) [...] when Corrosive Dart or Corrosive Grenade end, they have a [50 / 100]% chance to be replaced by a weaker version of that same effect that deals 15% of the original effect's damage over 9 seconds.

PTS - (1/1) [...] when Corrosive Dart or Corrosive Grenade end, they have a [100]% chance to be replaced by a weaker version of that same effect that deals 15% of the original effect's damage over 9 seconds.

2. Devouring Microbes

LIVE - (3/3) Increases the damage dealt by poison effects by [5 / 10 / 15]% on targets below 30 % of max health.

PTS - (3/3) Increases the damage dealt by poison effects by [5 / 10 / 15]% on targets below 15 % of max health

3. And ofcourse our awesome new Cull with Take Down and the AoE DPS talent built into Covered Escape.

Sorry I checked again and Devouring Microbes is staying the same. I got confused with all the 15 and 30 :p

Repeating: THERE IS NO CHANGE TO DEVOURING MICROBES.

Sorry for the confusion

Dislike that one, but I guess if you look at takedown being 30%, and that being 30%, you'd really put a hurt on someone. With it being 15% I guess it will increase the TTK.

Yeah... :confused: oh well.. We do still get a huge buff to Cull.

Lethal Takedown

PTS - Cull (damage buffed by 3%) with 45% chance to proc/use Take Down regardless of health level.

Edited by paowee

My mistake, sorry I mixed up the number. Devouring Microbes is staying the same as in Live increasing damage below 30%

All good! Devouring Microbes stayed the same. These are all great PVE DPS buffs.

And PvP :). If I see someone hovering around 30% health, they don't make it past the first cull*.

*Assuming they aren't shielded and don't have a pocket healer, and Mercury isn't in retrograde and my waffles haven't gone cold.

Yeah... :confused: oh well.. We do still get a huge buff to Cull.

Lethal Takedown

PTS - Cull (damage buffed by 3%) with 45% chance to proc/use Take Down regardless of health level.

I need a tissue....

Edited by Jekan

All good! Devouring Microbes stayed the same. These are all great PVE DPS buffs.

Oh yea, loving both changes. Still have to check Engineering, from what I've seen there are a few small changes in increasing the use of EP - SoS

I'm thinking MM sniper will have a better use of alacrity then Lethality because it is more dependable on having FT off cooldown and this is achieved using Snipes, Ambush, Takedown and SoS.

While Lethality is dependable on the DoTs timer so can afford to have less alacrity and more surge/accuracy.

While Lethality is dependable on the DoTs timer so can afford to have less alacrity and more surge/accuracy.

I dunno....alacrity during Cull phase would be rather nice, and in full lethality I rarely run into energy problems.

I'd love to see some tweaks in engineering. B'oard will shiver, but I don't run hybrid, just not my style, so I'm either all engineering or all lethality. If there's a mechanism to boost single target damage via IP and SoS, that'd make me pretty giddy as Engineering is my favorite spec, especially on defense.

Edited by Jekan

I am still more worried about Alacrity. This change is huuuge. We will probably have to squeeze yet another stat i have no idea where in our gear. What will be the optimum values of stats distributions? No idea. This amount of study here will be incredible.

A while ago I was playing with alacrity as MM and I got my ambush time down to some freakishly low amount but it ended up hurting my DPS as I became energy starved a lot quicker.

EDIT:Meant to say ambush, not snipe.

Edited by Jekan