Sniper 2.0 PTS!

paowee

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that 5s per 2 pnts in the talent? If it's actually 10s, then it's quite huge.

No. It's actually worse than i recalled.

It's THREE points to get a 4.5 second reduction in cooldown time of EP and SOS. I guess the benefit to SOS is more significant (basically an Electrified Railgun-buffed SOS every 10 second rather than every 15), and somewhat ups Engineering's sustained single-target damage, but it's pretty disappointing overall.

Especially with the huge and unnecessary buff to MM -- they significantly upped the damage for no particular reason and gave MM great new utility buffs. And the benefit from the 10% alacrity in the top ability is significantly better.

Edited by stringcat

I am still more worried about Alacrity. This change is huuuge. We will probably have to squeeze yet another stat i have no idea where in our gear. What will be the optimum values of stats distributions? No idea. This amount of study here will be incredible.

I'm not the best sniper on my server, but I've been using alarcity all along - despite the conventional wisdom. I've found it quite useful, especially in 1 on 1 situations.

I've sacrificed some accuracy and the 12 second leg shot for it, basically.

I miss the faster leg shot CD a little bit, but not nearly as much as I enjoy the 18% alarcity during sniper volley. 2.4 second SoS, 1.2 second Ambush, 1.1 second snipes.

The accuracy I haven't noticed a miss increase really, I mean I'm going to miss a tank with 'shields' up one way or the other, that's what target acquired is for, right?

The irony is, as I look at the new 2.0 skill trees, you get less bang for the buck on the alarcity skill in the lethality tree which is a major downer. Not even sure it'll be worth it.

Edited by islander

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sniper/235/?build=020000000000000000000000000000000223300022101000000000000000000002320021012220212120300000000000&ver=20

Looks like the MM tree got the most skill tree changes. Engi and Lethality remained relatively similar to what it is in Live. Given the number of times BW has tweaked Marksmanship over the past few patches, I'd like to even think that maybe they're *trying* to get it's single target DPS up there with Lethality :p

Engineering had one of it's defensive talents moved to Lethality. This was replaced by Imperial Autoloader for 5 sec reducd CD and lower energy cost on EP.\

Lethality received a Takedown proc talent, the defensive talents from Engi, and a QoL improvement in PvP. Now your weak DoTs won't wake up targets affected by your Flashbang..

Edited by paowee

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sniper/235/?build=020000000000000000000000000000000223300022101000000000000000000002320021012220212120300000000000&ver=20

Looks like the MM tree got the most skill tree changes. MM and Lethality remained relatively similar to what it is on Live. Given the number of times BW has tweaked Marksmanship over the past few patches, I'd like to even think that maybe they're *trying* to get it's single target DPS up there with Lethality :p

Its burst was fine. Lethality had slightly more, but Lethality has huge disadvantage MM doesn't.

Looks like the MM tree got the most skill tree changes. MM and Lethality remained relatively similar to what it is on Live. Given the number of times BW has tweaked Marksmanship over the past few patches, I'd like to even think that maybe they're *trying* to get it's single target DPS up there with Lethality :p

Engineering had one of it's defensive talents moved to Lethality. This was replaced by Imperial Autoloader for 5 sec reducd CD and lower energy cost on EP.\

Lethality received a Takedown proc talent, the defensive talents from Engi, and a QoL improvement in PvP. Now your weak DoTs won't wake up targets affected by your Flashbang..

there is obviously somebody at bioware playing a lot of MM. They've been changing it in 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and now.

This is the 4th reincarnation of sniper volley, Gentlemen. Should i remind you how the original one was? :D

You had to spam 3 snipes to get a little alacrity or something like that :D

there is obviously somebody at bioware playing a lot of MM. They've been changing it in 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and now.

This is the 4th reincarnation of sniper volley, Gentlemen. Should i remind you how the original one was? :D

You had to spam 3 snipes to get a little alacrity or something like that :D

Yes and right now in Live, Marks is around ~150-200 less DPS compared to Lethality single target. This is coming from personal experience only so take it with a grain of salt. ^_^. I am sure other people who are more practiced with MM can close that gap better.

My parses are normally something like

2050-2150+ Lethality/Engi

~1850 Marks

Edited by paowee

Hello, im at work right now so i cant really check much till i get home but do you think with the significant changes they made to lethality it will actually be a rwz spec? Im not a pro when it comes to playing a sniper but i used to play lethality and then my guild saud if i wanted to do rwz's id have to switch to engineering. Im just wondering if with all the changes done to lethality ill be able to hopefully go back to that tree and do rwz's

Hello, im at work right now so i cant really check much till i get home but do you think with the significant changes they made to lethality it will actually be a rwz spec? Im not a pro when it comes to playing a sniper but i used to play lethality and then my guild saud if i wanted to do rwz's id have to switch to engineering. Im just wondering if with all the changes done to lethality ill be able to hopefully go back to that tree and do rwz's

they buffed lethality survivability considerably.

Balistic dampers available, roll to cover, more poerful shield probes. Takedown allowing for some target switching. You can finally mezz poisoned targets.

With the changes to shield mechanics, lethality might be in a very decent spot now.

Edited by NoTomorrow

I was working on getting the changes to Engineering here :p but you got a skill tree up so nvm :p

The +5 to range is great to everyone, Lethality CG now is 35, MM can now better use EP, Frag, CD as fillers better.

Also being able to leave your ballistic shield in place and then move is SOOOO much better, no longer have to worry you are in range of the tank and out of boss cleave.

What I think so far for MM is to use alacrity and keep:

SoS - FT - Ambush/TD - FT - (Ambush - FT) - Snipe - Snipe - FT

As a sustained rotation, but still have to test that out. What I see here is that FT cooldown is no longer important, you just need to hit 2 Snipes (worst case) and have it back in less then 4 - 5 seconds

Alacrity here wouldnt be used to keep the rotation but more to keep the regen.

This is one think Im gonna test when I get my character copied >.<

I was working on getting the changes to Engineering here :p but you got a skill tree up so nvm :p

The +5 to range is great to everyone, Lethality CG now is 35, MM can now better use EP, Frag, CD as fillers better.

Also being able to leave your ballistic shield in place and then move is SOOOO much better, no longer have to worry you are in range of the tank and out of boss cleave.

What I think so far for MM is to use alacrity and keep:

SoS - FT - Ambush/TD - FT - (Ambush - FT) - Snipe - Snipe - FT

As a sustained rotation, but still have to test that out. What I see here is that FT cooldown is no longer important, you just need to hit 2 Snipes (worst case) and have it back in less then 4 - 5 seconds

Alacrity here wouldnt be used to keep the rotation but more to keep the regen.

This is one think Im gonna test when I get my character copied >.<

Appreciate the effort!

Yes MM's fun-factor (for me) just increased ten-fold due to this! Raid APM could be just as high and as "button mashing" like a 1.7 Juggernaut Immortal tank :cool:

they buffed lethality survivability considerably.

Balistic dampers available, roll to cover, more poerful shield probes. Takedown allowing for some target switching. You can finally mezz poisoned targets.

With the changes to shield mechanics, lethality might be in a very decent spot now.

Whats your thought as far as wz damage as compared to the other trees? Main reason i went lethality was for mobility.. I think takedown being able to be used on cd is gonna be a big boost for lethality dps

Edited by vetec

2/21/13

PTS FINDINGS

• Wearing 2 pc Tionese / Columni / Rakata shells or 2 pc Black Hole / Dread Guard Armorings +
    Wearing 2 pc Arkanian will make your
    ----------Target Acquired gives you 25 energy

• 420 Accuracy Rating + 3% Accuracy Talent = 99.8%

more to come..

Edited by paowee

Whats your thought as far as wz damage as compared to the other trees? Main reason i went lethality was for mobility.. I think takedown being able to be used on cd is gonna be a big boost for lethality dps

MM will be the most mobile spec in 2.0 simply because roll to cover gives you a 3s entrench, and you have a special talent in MM that gives you +50% movement speed for 6s everytime your entrench expires.

You can roll to cover, get extra speed, run for 6s, if you want you can get to cover and burn your normal entrench for another 50% speed for 6 seconds. After 8s your roll to cover is available again.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Well engineering has been nerfed slightly. Augmented shields has been moved to the lethality tree.

In it's place we've got a wonderful new talent called EMP Recycler that is basically useless, all it does it reduces the cooldown by 5 secs...so that's now 55secs instead of 1 min. Utterly useless.

I am so happy for MM, there has been endless debates that never get anywhere except the trash about the viability of MM in ranked, everyone is always just LOS nub, case and point, even though that was never the case, it really is not the case now; especially with the increased length on the trauma debuff from Shatter shot.

Did anyone notice about the sound changes? feels like surround sound on my headphones haha

Corrosive Grenade has no CD now as well!

I noticed both of these things last night, i had to do several double takes when reading corrosive grenade, the description sounded odd, and then i noticed the CD =p!

There are a few 'quality of life' improvements to the Lethality tree as well:

1) Everything is 35m : Corrosive grenade, dart, etc.

2) Corrosive Grenade is now 10 energy, down from 20. Dart is 16 energy. This makes up for the lower critical rate.

3) To compensate for the decreased stats, the damage mulitplier on all skill has been increased.

On the down side, most gear still have more endurance than cunning.>_<

Well engineering has been nerfed slightly. Augmented shields has been moved to the lethality tree.

In it's place we've got a wonderful new talent called EMP Recycler that is basically useless, all it does it reduces the cooldown by 5 secs...so that's now 55secs instead of 1 min. Utterly useless.

Nerfs are relative. This was a big balancing patch. In the context of the big buffs that MM and Lethality got (to say nothing of the healers), I'd say that engineering got a significant nerf. It just doesn't have the damage output of the other specs in PVP, and its survivability is at best on par with MM. It can only burst every 25.5 seconds, , it can't pressure healers as much with AOEs as Lethality does with dots (or with burst), and it doesn't have the kiting ability, CC, and entrenched smash-immunity of MM.

The only thing Engineering has now is the ability to put plasma probe on a door.

I cannot imagine why the developers thought that EMP Recycler would be worth taking. I almost think they left off a one, and it was intended to be a 15 second cooldown reduction. It's a joke.

Edited by stringcat