Sniper 2.0 PTS!

paowee

Nice. Just curious, did you have any Alacrity?

I'm beginning to think that alacrity won't be all that great for Lethality. Your dots won't tick faster so you're supplemental energy regen will remain at the same rate. MM though will probably love it since Sniper's Nest is adding 1 to the faster energy regen rate. Even Sniper Volley goes great with Alacrity. 15 seconds of +2 energy becomes even better when you get those energy ticks more than once a second.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried out Lethality on PTS. I mainly used my training dummy on my ship to try out rotations. One thing I noticed with Lethality is that I had no energy issues whatsoever. Before, if I would keep reapplying the dots (yes I know. terrible player lol), I would run out of energy real fast. Well. I never got below about 35-40% energy. I was spamming all my abilities to try to exhaust my energy and couldn't do it. Also. The 45% chance of Cull allowing Takedown without being at 30% health, is pure win. Every time I used Cull, Takedown was always available.

To me, from what I have seen, the changes to Lethality are nice. Now it may be different in the field in PvE or PvP. But so far, just for what I was trying to test out, Lethality got a nice boost. I'll try to provide more feedback when I get off work and try it out in PvP and PvE.

Hi!

I was wondering if u noticed any negatives from the big drop in crit for lethality?

bets regards

kraroz

Can you guys tell me what new skill has replaced the 30% more powerful shield probes in Engineering tree?? As it looks like this was transfered to lethality.

I think it was the roll into cover enhancement. When you roll into cover as Engineering, it leaves a trail of bomblets that damages the enemy in its path. I tried it on my target dummy and it did about 3500 crit damage. I'll check it out when I get off work and post it here.

I think it was the roll into cover enhancement. When you roll into cover as Engineering, it leaves a trail of bomblets that damages the enemy in its path. I tried it on my target dummy and it did about 3500 crit damage. I'll check it out when I get off work and post it here.

No. That's just new.

The REPLACEMENT is an incredibly weak and stupid ability to reduce the cooldown on Explosive Discharge by 5 seconds.

Whoop de frickin' doo.

Engineering was nerfed.

No. That's just new.

The REPLACEMENT is an incredibly weak and stupid ability to reduce the cooldown on Explosive Discharge by 5 seconds.

Whoop de frickin' doo.

Engineering was nerfed.

Oh crap. Yeah engineering just lost some survivability, couple this with tanks being able to shield Explosive probe and frag grenades, and we got an engineering nerf, ladies.

It's not that bad actually. Lethality needed the +30% shield probe..

Hey guys! I am a little late to the party but have checked out everything.

First thing is first, MM is amazing! I love it now I dont think I could play anything else. The 5 energy cost of FT and the fact that the CD can be rest by abilities, the reduced cost of snipes, the 30% faster channel of SoS, OMG every thing synergises so well!

Covered escape is awesome, so is all of the entrench related talents in MM, BD in the first tier is sick too. I like the change to sniper Volley, !5 sec CD 10% increased Alacrity, increased energy regen rate by 2, stack with others.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but you can only have 3 cluster bombs on a target now, 1 + 2 from methodology.

I cant get over how great MM is. BTW covered escape to get over firepits in huttball FTW!

On the new Alacrity:

Thanks for this post.

As far as trying to get a 3rd cull in with alacrity, it just can't happen because of the cooldown. At best you could get to the point where you're using a 3rd cull just as CD is wearing off, and WB would have to be moved to before the second cull. I could see this as being potentially viable, but I think in the end Lethality will be largely unaffected in terms of rotation, with the exception of adding in that extra Takedown as often as possible (in addition to our normal rotation).

Oh crap. Yeah engineering just lost some survivability, couple this with tanks being able to shield Explosive probe and frag grenades, and we got an engineering nerf, ladies.

It's not that bad actually. Lethality needed the +30% shield probe..

I don't care if Lethality needed it. It was MINE and I LIKED it.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but you can only have 3 cluster bombs on a target now, 1 + 2 from methodology.

What? Why did engineering deserve all these nerfs? :confused: Our single-target damage was already nothing much, and the new specced cooldown reduction on EP is small enough it doesn't help that much.

MM- idk crap about MM since I've never tried it but from what I saw....they a-ok still

Engineering- *laughs* im sorry you guys are getting dumbed down a bit because really you guys dont need to be...which is funny

Lethality- they gave me a better shield and small increases. works for me! :)

What? Why did engineering deserve all these nerfs? :confused: Our single-target damage was already nothing much, and the new specced cooldown reduction on EP is small enough it doesn't help that much.

don't worry your EP will fire every 25 seconds instead of 30 now. Given how much we rely on it, it is a very welcomed change.

Check one of the new agent set bonuses available: +10 shield probe power. theoretically with some defensive builds we could make use of it.

new MM is a beast BTW, ppl are already reporting 1 million damage done on PTS, this something never heard of before about MM.

Edited by NoTomorrow

don't worry your EP will fire every 25 seconds instead of 30 now. Given how much we rely on it, it is a very welcomed change.

Check one of the new agent set bonuses available: +10 shield probe power. theoretically with some defensive builds we could make use of it.

new MM is a beast BTW, ppl are already reporting 1 million damage done on PTS, this something never heard of before about MM.

I'm guessing part of that is probably partly due to the bolster bug that is there. But I could be wrong.

I'm guessing part of that is probably partly due to the bolster bug that is there. But I could be wrong.

Nah watched a few streams. Looked normal on those 1mio games some MM had.

6-7k ambushes look pretty balanced compared to the 40k smashes and 36k shocks beeing arround.

Exactly. MM and Lethality get huge buffs. The 5 seconds off EP is fairly insignificant in comparison (especially considering the fact that we now apparently only get 3 cluster bombs, god knows why). Relative damage of engineering compared to MM and Lethality has taken a major hit. MM is now doing a million damage in the right hands--- and it's almost all single target on-demand burst (yeah, yeah, one or two warzones, but I've only broken a million once on my Engineer, in an uncapped Civil War, where people were clustering up all the damned time). One of the major advantages of Engineering --- significantly enhanced survivability -- also took a pretty big hit.

And MM ALSO get major new utility -- the snare following the legshot and the roll-to-free-entrench.

The only reason to be an Engineering now seems to be to put plasma probe on objectives. I am not sure that it's enough. I don't see the "line of bombs" talent being all useful or significant from a damage perspective, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Hopefully the survivability will feel better after (1) I get can my geared main transferred to the PTS, rather than playing on a formerly-level-14 GS in PVE gear; and (2) they fix the bolster bug so there aren't 100k HP idiots running around.

Where's the set bonus with the buff to shield chance to be found? (If it's on a PVE armoring, with the expertise changes, I think it can be forgotten.)

Edit:

Regarding the Armor Penetration: I don't think it's a big buff --- bigger against some character types than others, of course, but maybe a 2% damage buff on average?

Edit 2:

And I ALREADY found it almost impossible to run into energy problems on MM; now they've made it (and Lethality) even easier. Engineering, on the other hand, has great energy regain tools, but will still require attentive management and you can run itself out of energy fairly easily.

Edited by stringcat

Oh, wait wait, here is the buff: +5 range on all tech attacks. This is quite a big deal actually. Also IP will be possible to target switch whenever you want, you dont have to wait for it to expire. The IP+PP stun is still there.

AND! You've got ballistic dampers in tier 1 now! so you have more freedom with your build.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Oh, wait wait, here is the buff: +5 range on all tech attacks. This is quite a big deal actually. Also IP will be possible to target switch whenever you want, you dont have to wait for it to expire. The IP+PP stun is still there.

AND! You've got ballistic dampers in tier 1 now! so you have more freedom with your build.

I had indeed forgotten that target switching with IP would be easier. The +5 range is nice, making Engineers a 35 meter class....but that really just puts them where MM already are. But I'd trade that situational advantage for virtually ANY of the MM utility buffs in a heartbeat.

The control over energy management on Engineers used to be a plus point, but it's so easy on Lethality and (brainlessly) easy on MM now that EMP Discharge just doesn't seem like a centerpiece ability the way it used to.

And I can't get over how useless the replacement for 30% Shield Probes is. 5 seconds off EMP? Really? But it's also hard to see another good place for the points to go.

Edited by stringcat

Thanks for this post.

As far as trying to get a 3rd cull in with alacrity, it just can't happen because of the cooldown. At best you could get to the point where you're using a 3rd cull just as CD is wearing off, and WB would have to be moved to before the second cull. I could see this as being potentially viable, but I think in the end Lethality will be largely unaffected in terms of rotation, with the exception of adding in that extra Takedown as often as possible (in addition to our normal rotation).

I don't want you to miss it >.< http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5888432#post5888432 on the PTS forums about Alacrity

Well. As far Ballistic Dampers, I was already rolling with that before it moved to Tier 1. So not really a big buff for me. Not complaining about that because it is good that we all get it now. But Engineering is still taking a hit for no apparent reason. And the +5 range to all tech attacks. Yeah. I guess. I don't know. I just see a reason to nerf Engineering because it wasn't overpowered and was actually well balanced. I'll still play it cause I love the spec. But it is going to feel like when I was playing Sentinel. Why play Focus (before the buff) when Carnage and Watchman is so much better? Oh well lol. Guess somebody has to take one for the team and make sure those nodes have PP on em.