This event has made me lose respect for some PVP'ers

heechJunzi

This is supposed to be a galactic war of the Sith vs. Republic.

What BW has done to Ilum is a joke and not what they promised and not Star Wars.

If you want to kill republic, roll imp and if you want to kille imps, roll republic.

Outlaws Den was a failure so by all means, make a bigger one.

Stupid game addition.

they made rp servers too

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing in a que during a PvP quest is something sheep would do. It completly defies the logic and aspect of this part of event. Want to stand in a que? Go to a post office. The quest wasn't ment to be played like this so stop being surprised when people don't accept this nonsence point of view. Only rules a game should have are to be polite and respect other players. So if they want, they can change instance to some where you can actualy make people to stand in que and stop insulting people who play it right. No offense ment.

While I still don't think there is anything wrong if no one wants to fight, however, this happened last night on The Progenitor: A healer Sorc was trying to one man the Gree droid on top of the hill, then one rep player (a very good Jugg) comes along and attack him. Three imperial players (I suppose from the same group) where waiting for the that thing in the middle to go off the cooldown so they can deposit their orb. So they stood and watched him kill that poor sorc and then he proceeded to heal himself for a a good 5 seconds (he was not attacked), turned and attacked them and managed to kill them. That is SHEEP!

ps, I was already dead but I stayed to watch the fight.

OP, I would almost agree with you.

but there's ONE trick in it.

THE TIME.

if the Gree Event would last forever, there won't be any issue: those who want do PVP would play it, those who don't wouldn't bother.

But there are 2 weeks only and people want to get their rewards in Reputation, thus, SOME of PVErs are forced to do the PVP quest.

Then having gankers all around is not funny.

Simple enough?

So, do not blame those who do not want to fight because they have other objectives than just running around and kill random players for unknown reason.

or you are one of those who go for gazillion kills in WZs and do not care about objectives?

This is a ******** reason. The event is recurring no one is forcing you to pvp , shut up about this.

For everyone complaining about it not being faction vs. faction, derp.

The reason it's FFA is because of the crazy faction population imbalance. If any of the complainers are Imps, roll pub and THEN complain. If anyone remembers Ilum when it was 75+ vs. 15-20, then yeah...

In short: unless BW forces a bunch of people to change to Republic, faction vs. faction doesn't *********** work. Period.

Edited by Pheros

I actually enjoy the FFA, I was skeptical at first but after last night it was quite fun...I mean a bunch of imps waiting in line to turn in orbs, yeah that is not happening on a PvP server so I am quite glad I can attack them.

This is a ******** reason. The event is recurring no one is forcing you to pvp , shut up about this.

Because you tell me to?

And do you have the ability to confirm this event will happen again next month or relatively short time?

No?

Then you know what you can do.

I do PVP and I do not care, but others maybe do.

Think.

It seems to me to be a troll zone for the 12 year olds and the 12 year old at heart.

PvP has objectives and a reward for winning. The only reward here is taking joy in being a ***** (usually to your own faction...)

So if you're into trolling and being trolled, go do the pvp dailies. If you're not, just skip it. You'll cap out on rep anyway. Plus, you're not going to be able to get the weapons due to the rep cap anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal.

I actually enjoy the FFA, I was skeptical at first but after last night it was quite fun...I mean a bunch of imps waiting in line to turn in orbs, yeah that is not happening on a PvP server so I am quite glad I can attack them.

There were like 11 instances of Ilum last night and probably 1/3 of them had lines. Not everyone wants to waste time with a skill-less button-mash fest when there are quest objectives to do.

Bioware's fail was to - once again - make OW-PvP where the objectives are more easily accomplished by not engaging in PvP.

What they need to do is make a kill objective where your faction gets a bonus if you are up in kills (or some similar faction objective that does not encourage kill trading). Then restrict the population of the OW-PvP area to equal numbers from each faction. Imps who want to whine can roll on the other faction.

I'm just sick of OW-PvP that isn't properly incentivized or fair.

There were like 11 instances of Ilum last night and probably 1/3 of them had lines. Not everyone wants to waste time with a skill-less button-mash fest when there are quest objectives to do.

Bioware's fail was to - once again - make OW-PvP where the objectives are more easily accomplished by not engaging in PvP.

What they need to do is make a kill objective where your faction gets a bonus if you are up in kills (or some similar faction objective that does not encourage kill trading). Then restrict the population of the OW-PvP area to equal numbers from each faction. Imps who want to whine can roll on the other faction.

I'm just sick of OW-PvP that isn't properly incentivized or fair.

Skill-less button mash fest? Is that what people think OwPvP is? You can make the same argument for most players in warzones then. Would it be nice if there were once again objectives on Ilum, yes and maybe they will tweak the event whenever they bring it back again. Would it be nice if it was only faction v faction, yes that would rock, but as most know with the imbalance that most servers have its not really possible. For your idea on restricting numbers to try and balance out the sides sounds like a good idea but then you face the possibility of restricting players from participating in events if the numbers cannot be reached.

Look, I rolled on PvP server for one thing, PvP. If you are doing missions in the FFA area you are fair game, I don't care what you are doing as you can cap out rep doing the PvE dailies only. If you have an issue with PvP in a free for all area then roll on a PvE server and stay out of the FFA zone.

You need 4 orbs to finish

Orbs are spread out all over and everyone is looking for them.

Orbs have a 10 minute timer until you lose them

You'll probably make it to mid with 8 minutes left.

After a person plants everyone has to wait 1 minute before they can plant.

All for a glorious 100 comms psh. It's not surprising everyone is going through it like the lineup at the food bank so they can go home and do something better

If bioware wants real incentive for open pvp the reward should be worth the effort.

Mercenary comms need to come back(but you dont get them if you kill the same target twice within 15 minutes or so)

Get rid of Free for all and add a bolster buff to help faction imbalance.

Add boss npcs to major faction cities (no loot, maybe just a few comms) that attacking sides must get to and kill after fighting through the defending players and npcs

Perhaps we could cross paths with the opposing faction more often without having to fly to empty pits with no tactical significance and hoping someone is there

In other mmos factions cross all the time, and there is something to actually do. You had to watch out on pvp servers, it added a thrill. Cities and choking points had fun reasons to go, they didnt give physical rewards, but the fun of it was enough. The places you attacked had real defenses to help other than players. But in swtor sadly, nobody knows how to react at ILum. it's like holy cow thats a sith....both players look at each other in amazement....twitch a bit..unsure how to react having not seen each other for 50 levels except in warzones. Maybe there is a brawl, but likely they just move along

When I rolled on a pvp server I didnt expect our questing zones wouldnt even really overlap...and Id probably never see a sith without trying hard

Edited by supafreak

Skill-less button mash fest? Is that what people think OwPvP is?

I think it's fair to say that as the size of an open world skirmish increases, the amount of skill required drops pretty precipitously. Then things like who has the better computer, who has ranged, stealth, more numbers, etc. are more important. Of course small-scale skirmishes are skillful and potentially very fun.

Look, I rolled on PvP server for one thing, PvP. If you are doing missions in the FFA area you are fair game, I don't care what you are doing as you can cap out rep doing the PvE dailies only. If you have an issue with PvP in a free for all area then roll on a PvE server and stay out of the FFA zone.

Yup, it is what it is. Doesn't mean I have to 100% approve or think there isn't a better way.

And no, I'm not referring to the ones who "gank" people. Look, if you're intentionally in a PVP zone, and/or if you're flagged PVP... you're asking for it, period. If you're not grouped wiht me, then you're asking for a fight.

I'm not stealing your PVE mobs, I'm not sending you nasty messages, I'm not trying to ruin your experience. I'm playing the game the way it is designed, period. You might as well ask me why I try to take your queen when you're sitting on the other side of a chessboard.

I'm referring to all the other PVP'ers who now, all of a sudden, decided they don't want PVP fights... but just want to "get their quests done". I grouped up with a couple guildies who I regularly WZ with. All of a sudden, all they want to do is live in peace with others and stand in line for the turret? I say, F THAT. I have been asking for open world PVP for MONTHS. And I'm here to kill stuff, period.

QUITE SIMPLY: IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT OTHER PLAYERS, STAY OUT OF THE PVP ZONE. PERIOD!

I like this guy. Last night on Prop5 Ilum (10) they were doing the line up to pray to the Gree gods thing. Well, they were trying hahaha.

Skill-less button mash fest? Is that what people think OwPvP is? You can make the same argument for most players in warzones then. Would it be nice if there were once again objectives on Ilum, yes and maybe they will tweak the event whenever they bring it back again. Would it be nice if it was only faction v faction, yes that would rock, but as most know with the imbalance that most servers have its not really possible. For your idea on restricting numbers to try and balance out the sides sounds like a good idea but then you face the possibility of restricting players from participating in events if the numbers cannot be reached.

I'm with you Cycao.

Honestly, I think open world requires more skill.

There's more on the line, no objectives other then to live.

Anyone who cries about FFA zone behavior - here's a tissue. Heck, I find the FFA area way more challenging especially if I don't have a healer friend with me. I rely on my companion to keep me upright in normal 1 vs 1 conflicts. That same shadow/sentinel/vanguard I can handle in other areas of the game has a better shot at getting me 1 on 1 in the FFA area.

Like I keep saying FFA is fail! All these morons who keep gobbing off about if u cant handle pvp dont do it ***! Roll on a pvp server and try and get your 4 orbs when theres 30+ people camping the pylon. But...but it fixes faction balance, yes brilliant now I have to do a daily with 30+ guild members. Until they remove the cast time or make a small area around the pylon that stops your own faction attacking you, BW can shove gree up their arse!

Like I keep saying FFA is fail! All these morons who keep gobbing off about if u cant handle pvp dont do it ***! Roll on a pvp server and try and get your 4 orbs when theres 30+ people camping the pylon. But...but it fixes faction balance, yes brilliant now I have to do a daily with 30+ guild members. Until they remove the cast time or make a small area around the pylon that stops your own faction attacking you, BW can shove gree up their arse!

This is why I love the free for all area..."he has orbs...get him".

I'm with you Cycao.

Honestly, I think open world requires more skill.

There's more on the line, no objectives other then to live.

Cycao's main is an assassin, and you have one (no idea if he's your main for OW-PvP). I mostly stuck to my scoundrel last night. Stealthing out of losing scenarios so you don't have to drive back to the zone is not exactly what I would call skillful or balanced. I would have probably played other toons more if you could med probe rez within the zone.

I'm referring to all the other PVP'ers who now, all of a sudden, decided they don't want PVP fights... but just want to "get their quests done". I grouped up with a couple guildies who I regularly WZ with. All of a sudden, all they want to do is live in peace with others and stand in line for the turret? I say, F THAT. I have been asking for open world PVP for MONTHS. And I'm here to kill stuff, period.

QUITE SIMPLY: IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT OTHER PLAYERS, STAY OUT OF THE PVP ZONE. PERIOD!

Meh...how about YOU try to stop players from doing this. They can go wherever they want. Don't blame the players for absolutely foolish design, the problem is obvious:

- Limited time event with unique "stuff"

- Complete quests = trinkets to buy the "stuff"

- Don't complete quests = no trinkets, no "stuff"

- PvP offers nothing

Cycao's main is an assassin, and you have one (no idea if he's your main for OW-PvP). I mostly stuck to my scoundrel last night. Stealthing out of losing scenarios so you don't have to drive back to the zone is not exactly what I would call skillful or balanced. I would have probably played other toons more if you could med probe rez within the zone.

My main is a sniper, listed first. I listed my characters in level/usage order. I die a couple times a night. It's no big deal.

Biggest issue I have in the FFA area is (for me) strategy is a little different when companions aren't part of the equation. It's a lot tougher to eat/wait through a good melee's defensive CDs when I don't have that companion heals keeping me stable.

I think this actually favors engineering spec snipers who have solid dot damage with their additional probes that ignore some defenses. Whereas in 1v1 w/ companions, my ability to burst in MM I've found to be more effective.

My assassin is my current leveling project, he's around 24 I think. He's good fun though so far :)

Edited by islander

I was on my fresh 50 jug last night as well. I don't have that big of an issue driving back to the point, you can teleport in and its like a minute drive back to center, nothing like old Ilum.