More proof BioWare hates crafters and those using the GTN

DarthTexas

All crafted gear sucks anyway, I never bought it or will ever buy it even after the expansion is released, level 55 gg next tier of pvp gear gg, next tier of elite pvp gg and so on.

Good Game

Also the GTN Change, it really doesn't bother me but im sure it bothers all the other nit pickers

Actually, you can get BiS by slapping high level mods/armorings/enhancements into Tionese shells, so crafting definitely doesn't "suck".

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said repeatedly in this thread, this change is utterly ridiculous. When the vast majority of items are distinguished only by a 1 or 2 digit number, the inability to filter by one of the most important criteria is asinine.

There exists no way to distinguish between lvl 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 (and moving forward presumably even higher) itmes, since they all require lvl 50 and are purple.

You guys are the ones that made the items have identical names, for heavens sake. If players were able to arbitrarily name items, I can see how some kind of minimum search term size might make sense, but, since the naming scheme was also made by you guys, this change is utterly absurd.

Thanks. I sure wanted to have to use the item level filter, the item quality filter and the string "Agile Mod" to then have to manually go though hundreds of results for

Advanced Agile Mod 22

Advanced Agile Mod 22A

Advanced Agile Mod 22B

Advanced Agile Mod 23

Advanced Agile Mod 23A

Advanced Agile Mod 23B

Advanced Agile Mod 24

Advanced Agile Mod 24A

Advanced Agile Mod 24B

Advanced Agile Mod 25

Advanced Agile Mod 25A

Advanced Agile Mod 25B

Advanced Agile Mod 26

Advanced Agile Mod 26A

Advanced Agile Mod 26B

Advanced Agile Mod 27

Advanced Agile Mod 27A

Advanced Agile Mod 27B

when formerly I could have gone uniquely straight to the item I wanted with only "agi 27"

If that's not one of the worst "upgrades" of all time, I don't know what is.

Either put it back or give us a field that actually searches the item for that level. This system is completely broken for all post 50 gear.

Edited by DarthPierce

This is up there with one of the most retarded stupid changes they have made to this game.

Just a cheap way to increase performance on their end while making the players suffer for it.

So *********** dumb

Did they even take the time to see if any items had 2 letters or numbers alone in their names? Obviously not or if they did. They don't seem to care.

Edited by KillaDeuce

Since there has been enough "EA/BW-bashing," I'll try to be constructive in providing my feedback.

EA/BW - How about putting up all this great content on a test server and allowing players to actually test it before moving it live? You have a test server that rarely gets used. I know other games that have test servers and there are numerous guilds (yes, GUILDS, not just players) that live on these test servers. The testers would have provided plenty of feedback BEFORE any of this hit live servers.

If it makes it past the test server, then we have no one to blame but ourselves for not testing it.

Since there has been enough "EA/BW-bashing," I'll try to be constructive in providing my feedback.

EA/BW - How about putting up all this great content on a test server and allowing players to actually test it before moving it live? You have a test server that rarely gets used. I know other games that have test servers and there are numerous guilds (yes, GUILDS, not just players) that live on these test servers. The testers would have provided plenty of feedback BEFORE any of this hit live servers.

If it makes it past the test server, then we have no one to blame but ourselves for not testing it.

LMAO.

Way to go dude. if only they had listened to constructive posts for the last year, we might have been close to toppling wow as the no1 MMO.

All crafted gear sucks anyway, I never bought it or will ever buy it even after the expansion is released, level 55 gg next tier of pvp gear gg, next tier of elite pvp gg and so on.

Good Game

Also the GTN Change, it really doesn't bother me but im sure it bothers all the other nit pickers

You obviously don't raid.

EA/BW - How about putting up all this great content on a test server and allowing players to actually test it before moving it live? You have a test server that rarely gets used.

^ This. I don't get why these companies have test servers and test forums and test feedback - and then completely ignore all of it. There's is no way this "fix" would've made it past hour 1 of day 1 of testing if they had bothered to test it.

But then that's assuming even if they did put it on the test server that they actually bother to listen to the testers who are volunteering their free time to help out. SOE is in that boat, which is why I will never waste my time testing for them again, and probably won't ever bother paying for one of their games again. They push buggy content live over and over again despite weeks/months of being told by their testers that content was seriously broken, and then patch for the first several days/weeks after release, affecting live servers with paying customers, all because they ignored their testers.

Edited by Arcturys

You obviously don't raid.

I don't get why these companies have test servers and test forums and test feedback - and then completely ignore all of it.

This costs $ - ever since EA made this game f2p the entire goal has been to make as much $ as possible. This is achieved by reducing costs and selling easily created cosmetic nonsense to a market that we as a customer spend WAY too much money on.

Us (the player base) will continue have our expectations shattered until the game becomes so futile that it ends 6ft under. I wouldnt be remotely surprised if makeb is one of the biggest dissapointments in this game since the first release of ilum.

Please remove this 3 character limitation. Why complicate the way players search for items on the GTN. Maybe you should change the names of items so nothing contains words or numbering less than 3 characters. Searching for Augments and item modifications are very tedious tasks once again. Can I buy the ability to search using 2 or less characters with Cartel Coins? <------ (sarcasm)

Pretty dumb change... create items with one or two digit numbers in the name, then limit searches to 3+ characters. You know, if it's really that big of a strain on the database, an easy fix would be for Bioware to just go in and add a "0" or two to the beginning of all these numbers to solve the problem (ie: Resolve Armoring 027, Reflex Mod 002). What do I know, though, I'm just using common sense :)

hire this man

[*]In order to improve overall GTN performance, when searching the GTN, each word must now be at least 3 characters long to be accepted.

Please keep in mind that we will be monitoring player feedback and performance with these changes and we will update if we have any new information. Thank you and apologies once again.

I just wanted to add my voice to the others to say that this is stupid. I'm trying to figure out what I should post my Reflex Armoring 20 at and since the price for Armorings are about the same regardless of type, but dependent on the level, I want to be able to type "Armoring 20" in the search box and see all the same level items. This is no longer possible and makes it more difficult to price. So please change this. Thanks.

• In order to improve overall GTN performance, when searching the GTN, each word must now be at least 3 characters long to be accepted.

I don't remember having any trouble searching "might hilt 17". Ever. Not even on prime time. Now you try to improve the performance by making it less useful to players. Makes sense.

Edited by wainot-keel

You can just use the item level box. Thus, you type in the mod name you want then you specify what level is required for said search. For example, if you want a 49 augment you just limit your search to 49 or great and that will filter out the lower level mods.

That may be a workaround, but not a very effective fix.

Edit: Also, I've noticed a few times when the GTN was a bit sluggish, but that didn't happen too often for me. So I'm not sure if this "fix" really fixed anything.

Edited by Sinapus

Okay.. how is this for feedback:

PUT IT BACK!!!!!

At least make a 2 Numeric option! Is anyone in the DEV group playing this game?

Eh. Evaluating if a given string can be successfuly converted to an actual number takes like 1 line of code. Who's going to do all that work ?

This is merely a symptom of an underlying problem.

There are 2 sets of numbers to describe those gear.

First is the item level. I believe tionese are 59s, columi are 60s, rakata are 61s, black hole are 62s, and the best one are 63s.

Then there is the name number. The mods for tionese level are named as 23s, and the best ones are named as 27s.

So you have 2 sets of numbers. 59 to 63, and 23 to 27.

Why such a confusing numbering method?

The OP just wants to be able to filter to get the best mods, which are named 27s. Why can't the GTN just let us retrieve items based on item level, instead of the class level? Right now it retrieves all 5 levels of level 50 mods.

With a filter that lets us retrieve the differing levels of mods, then we wouldn't need to type in 27 in the textfield to get the best one.

But the confusing number system needs to go. There needs to be a better way to classify gear.

GTN why not add click posting I have yet see it and wow rift all have it , it's very annoying to type the name and this is worse .. . or shift click the item in the search box ..

Wait till

RHC comes on line , Trades are gonna be worthless to some extent beyond what they are now I fear ..

RE I mean I 'm just waiting

I hope they improve RE leave how it is and not nerf it make it better not worse ...

If this whole 3 character thing really helps your ridiculous database be more efficient, force any search to have a 3 letter string, perform that search, then allow refinement with a shorter string. you've already culled the database.

e.g. if a search for "res" is allowed (and it is) then your database can certainly permit a search for "res" then a search of those results for "27" since you've already limited the search....

Fine, dont allow a search for just "27" or "A".... but allow us to search for "potent 27" it's just like a search for "potent" but you give us fewer results with a simple logical 'AND'.

This is the most minor issue ever compared to the real banes against crafting:

(1) LOOOOONG real-time between crafting missions

(2) Unacceptable levels of RE/failure, again because such attempts are broken up by LOOOOOONG amounts of real time

(3) Nearly every patch companions are mistakenly viewed as deployed when they aren't, for some reason

(4) Vast costs, most importantly in real time, and little real benefit to crafting

If you're going to make changes that limit us to 500 results, give us search parameters to eliminate certain words. The example screaming in my head right now is the stupid stripper gear in the adaptive armor tab. Must a new retex of this same outfit come out in each cartel pack?? While I realize that we cannot organize fleet pride parades unless we have the full spectrum of color for bikini bottom options (and STILL no male slave outfit??? tsk tsk), they are certainly cluttering up the GTN.

Give us a way to eliminate items w/ certain words so we get less of the things we are not looking for and more of the things we want to buy.