50 Operative -- ask away

jbrdude

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played an IA to 42 in beta and a SIN to 34. Got my IA to 32 so far in live. Taking my time after legacy :)

That being said.....

Concealment:

I love the concealment spec for pure DPS/Survivability. It offers great End/Def with enough utility to get away from most situations, heal, and come back in. The amount of CC you have is ridiculous and fun. 6 seconds of them being on the ground with a hidden strike, cloaking screen, hidden strike. I only really care about pvp at this point. Do you use your auto attack rifle much? I use mine when I am running or chasing, throw a corrosive dart and blast away till I can sever tendon and close distance. Do you agree? Do you also get the sever tendon talent? I havent spent the points yet.

Medic:

I am in love with this spec. I saw your previous post about the other 50 on your server being nasty. The amount of mobility and insta heals/HoTs is insane. I can heal a full group while running, throwing dots, stunning, and cc'ing. Ridiculous. This will be a closely looked at class for future pvp balancing as I can chart top for healing and top 5 for DPS most warzones. Really full server btw, Mandalore the Indomitable. I wanted your advice, on my new build idea.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rffMzhoRzcZZGbbkM.1

I heard sad things about the AoE HoT level 31 talent. I know the shield probe heal % to self is great but I thought going with the extra cooldown reduction on stim boost and extra energy boost was worth it. Thoughts?

Lethality

I could not for the life of me get into this tree. I tried it on my 42 IA and after a week went back to concealment. I do not see the same damage output, survivability, or healing that the other two trees offer. The DoT's are good but it seems like it is lacking in a lot of other areas. Thoughts?

Can you go into a bit more detail the difference between Assassin and Operative, please? It really is a blurred line for me.

I'm doing this from memory, so don't take it as gospel (I actually created a pros/cons list but don't have access to it atm). But, these are some of my basic thoughts on them from what I remember....

Both have stealth (Op's DPS tree is better set up to see stealth vs Assassin's).

Ops have range abilities. Nice for using from a distance. Assassin's really only have that ability on a long CD. This does more than damage -- it also means interrupts and ranged interrupts for capping.

***'s (DPS) have Overload and Force Speed -- arguably the 2 main reasons (other than stealth) that I would play them. Incredibly useful and game changing in WZ. Overload can be on 20s cd -- huge aoe control and interrupt capping potential, or pushing people off ledges or into areas you want them to go. Force Speed again is a great tool for a quick escape, to close the distance to get in range to interrupt (and Overload or single attack), for scoring, for closing the distance to cap faster, etc.

Op's have heal's. *** can tank (which has Force Pull, another game changer).

Op's have an alpha strike which can stun on opener -- huge for some burst build up. ***'s can use Spike, but that doesn't do nearly as much damage and often is better to open with Viscious.

*** has more frequent control in low slash -- but I think of it more of a blind than a stun -- Op has debilitate which you can talent down to be on a 45s stun vs Sin longer CD in electrocute.

Op's are harder to play and master (imho after playing both) -- they also have to deal with energy management. ***'s force you can bleed it and it regens linearly.

Op gets flashbang -- great aoe control on a relatively fast timer...

There are a few other points to consider (trinkets, survival, escape, etc)... and if you really want to be thorough, you would go deeper into looking at CDs, your personal play style, etc etc.

I would love to hear your normal PvP rotation against a single target:

Right now I usually go HS > Backstab> Shiv > Lacerate X2 > Shiv> stim> Filler ( rifle shot or corrosive)>backstab>shiv> etc etc

Something like (doing this from mem) Stealth --> Acid Blade -> Quick Strike -> Backstab -> Shiv -> Lacerate --- then it can vary dramatically (could use another Lacerate, might be stim, might want to Quickshot, might Debil, might Flashbang, might use my survival abilities, etc etc).

Obviously it depends on what they do (for example, do they trinket?), what is happening to me, what others are doing, how far I get them down before they react, what my main goals are at the time, etc.

What kind of gear are you using (heroics, FP, comms, etc)?

Any particular orange gear you liked and kept?

Pics or it didn't happen? :D

Mostly stuff I picked up solo and from commendations -- I now have some Champion gear though :)

No, no particular gear I liked and kept.

I didn't take a screenshot when I dinged 50 -- but it was cool. I dinged 50 on me scoring the winning point in huttball finishing the match for us at 6-0).

There are 6 50s on the Imp side, and 1 50 on the Rep side on Bondar Crystal server now. Actually, as of last night. Probably are 3 more now and every few hours will be more. Every server (I'd imagine) that has been up since the 13th has 50s I'd wager.

There were a lot of discussions about Eviscerate and Headshot abilities, so to clear the things up - does they work in pvp or not? After Debil/Hidden Strike/Flashbang?

If they doesn't work in pvp then I think I will not even bother to buy them.

No, they unfortunately don't.

I played an IA to 42 in beta and a SIN to 34. Got my IA to 32 so far in live. Taking my time after legacy :)

That being said.....

Concealment:

I love the concealment spec for pure DPS/Survivability. It offers great End/Def with enough utility to get away from most situations, heal, and come back in. The amount of CC you have is ridiculous and fun. 6 seconds of them being on the ground with a hidden strike, cloaking screen, hidden strike. I only really care about pvp at this point. Do you use your auto attack rifle much? I use mine when I am running or chasing, throw a corrosive dart and blast away till I can sever tendon and close distance. Do you agree? Do you also get the sever tendon talent? I havent spent the points yet.

Medic:

I am in love with this spec. I saw your previous post about the other 50 on your server being nasty. The amount of mobility and insta heals/HoTs is insane. I can heal a full group while running, throwing dots, stunning, and cc'ing. Ridiculous. This will be a closely looked at class for future pvp balancing as I can chart top for healing and top 5 for DPS most warzones. Really full server btw, Mandalore the Indomitable. I wanted your advice, on my new build idea.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rffMzhoRzcZZGbbkM.1

I heard sad things about the AoE HoT level 31 talent. I know the shield probe heal % to self is great but I thought going with the extra cooldown reduction on stim boost and extra energy boost was worth it. Thoughts?

Lethality

I could not for the life of me get into this tree. I tried it on my 42 IA and after a week went back to concealment. I do not see the same damage output, survivability, or healing that the other two trees offer. The DoT's are good but it seems like it is lacking in a lot of other areas. Thoughts?

Unfortunately you can't Hidden Strike -> Vanish -> Hidden. After your first Hidden Strike you can't do any more CC since their resolve bar gets 100% filled.

Re: AA -- yes, I do use it in PVP in times when I'm on the move and need a ranged energy free attack or a quick attack from ranged.

I have both gotten the server and not gotten it -- I'm still debating it. Definately has some great usage (primarily in WZ's -- the slow would be good enough imho in opvp).

I like your new build. I'd test out some variations -- like having 2 in Med Shield to increase your own survivability or Prog Crit & Patient Studies -- but I think yours looks better on paper right now. Where to take the points would be challenging ;)

Yea, I havn't put too much time into Lethality yet -- but it's something I'll tend as time goes on... sometimes neat specs are in unexpected places...

Crit or Power?

At this point Power is probably how you will be going for a while due to gearing and such. And it's not a bad choice -- increasing your overall damage. Crit chances are still fairly low with BG or CHMP gear on... this is one where I'd need to do the actual math to determine the break even points.. I.e. at some point on the distribution curve crit will > power -- but intuitively I feel we are far from it.

How do you find our followers ? most usefull and best made ? (voicing etc)

also how does companions behave in pvp ? best oen for pvp ?

and finally what od you think is Op's counter in pvp ( i dont belive healers are counters they jsut take too long to take down )

Why would you race to 50? One has to wonder how much of the game you missed in reaching your goal....

Sum of people played beta exstensively and saw all the story already which does not change one bit. Even 90% quests for all classes on one faction are the exact same. So there is only so many times one would want to listen to the VO before hitting the space bar real fast. Also, leveling in this game is hyper easy. Certainly not as fast as Rift, but close.

Edited by fixit

How do you find our followers ? most usefull and best made ? (voicing etc)

also how does companions behave in pvp ? best oen for pvp ?

and finally what od you think is Op's counter in pvp ( i dont belive healers are counters they jsut take too long to take down )

I like Kaliyo -- but, I got the "Taris" bug so didn't get the last ones (because I couldn't complete any of the story passed the end of Taris).

I actually feel healers are the counter from a 1v1 perspective. Jedi Knights and their mirror are nasty, imho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.