Character Creation - Females

JediRaffa

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... You need to visit a doctor, type 4 is the voluptuous one, not fat. It's the sexiest of them all. You're probably a woman yourself if you find 4 "fat".

2 is ok but still slightly too skinny. 1 and 3 shouldn't exist.

I might be wrong, but im pretty certain your opinion here would be the vast minority of most males.

I am a woman and to be honest I prefer to look like a woman.. even if body type 4 is a bit too generous in the butt and **** department. But its an all woman shape. Shape 1 & 2 .. look like prepubescent teens and three looks like a man shape and should not be in the female choices at all.

Separate the eyebrow and complexion slider. Give us some more hair and make up choices. I have just rerolled a level 40 because I picked the wrong body shape & hair and I just could not bare to play her anymore... She looked anorexic and the hair was just driving me nuts...

We need more choice and then a barber shop system to change hair etc.. So when we do get it wrong we don't have to keep re rolling.

I definitely find female body type 4 to be the most feminine (best) looking.

I don't.

But then again some people don't like broccoli and I do. This could all be moot if they had many more options than what they have. Many games avoid this issue entirely by having body sliders.

Here's a question: why can we have big, meaty lekkus that reach the lower back but no long hair?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I might be wrong, but im pretty certain your opinion here would be the vast minority of most males.

Are you female? Just curious. I just find a strange dichotomy between the perceptions. I honestly think #2 is the best, that's jut what I like. But #4 doesn't seem odd to me at all, makes me think more of a christina hendricks (if any of you even watch mad men), whom I also find attractive.

I wanted to make a character with my sister and she seriously thought every one but #1 was fat.

Really speaks volumes to me when all the girls think #4 is ridiculous, but a lot of guys would say 2 or 4 are the best. Mostly I see people thinking 1 and 3 are very odd.

.. why can we have big, meaty lekkus that reach the lower back but no long hair?

Inquiring minds want to know.

There are some odd issues with the lekkus. When descending elevators, for example, or quite often in cutscenes, the lekkus are flapping wildly.

Though I would very much like to see long hair, that would be even more difficult to manage, probably.

I think the character creator is pretty decent but I would like to see long hair styles for females. Also a couple of additional body types would be great.

If you ask me, the better character creator I have ever seen is the one on Eve online. That is an amazing character creator!

Edited by BrunoLogan

I think the character creator is pretty decent but I would like to see long hair styles for females. Also a couple of additional body types would be great.

If you ask me, the better character creator I have ever seen is the one on Eve online. That is an amazing character creator!

I'll be perfectly honest, I've never even been curious about EVE, but from general MMO news knowledge I heard players were once annoyed at a feature that just allowed them to see their characters moving around a cabin and nothing more. So since I thought it was only about spaceships and not characters I'll assume that was a joke, LOL.

Since I've seen so many people mention game's with poor character creators as good examples I'll just mention the contemporary standard holders are Champions Online followed by Star Trek and some would argue still City of Heroes - but that game is so ancient the hands of your characters look like little balls with lines drawn to depict fingers. But since all 3 are F2P people can download them just to see what is possible out there.

That is NOT to say SWTOR should be as good at character creation - it will never be, because it was built around other things - like actual gameplay, for instance. But should give people an idea of what a top of the line game like SWTOR could at least aspire to.

I love my Mirellian gals their face tattoos only add to their appeal and I have received compliments about them in whispers (probably being hit on but I tend to ignore such things).

Character looks make up a big part of why I will play an mmo (its why I couldnt stay with Mortal online bleh). So I have to say that I cannot agree about the character creation being ugly here. It took me a bit of playing around but I find that you can make aesthetically pleasing characters.

I'll be perfectly honest, I've never even been curious about EVE, but from general MMO news knowledge I heard players were once annoyed at a feature that just allowed them to see their characters moving around a cabin and nothing more. So since I thought it was only about spaceships and not characters I'll assume that was a joke, LOL.

When I mentioned the character creator on Eve I was just talking about the character creator itself. All the options it provides for your unique character are awesome. What you can really do with the character it's a different story but it's true, the only thing you can do with it is walking around on the cabin. I think they're planning something about some sort of cantinas in the future where you can socialize with other players but that doesn't add much to what you can do with your character in the end. They are developing another more character oriented MMO which will use the same technology on what character creation is concerned. Sorry about the "off game" topic...

Are you female? Just curious. I just find a strange dichotomy between the perceptions. I honestly think #2 is the best, that's jut what I like. But #4 doesn't seem odd to me at all, makes me think more of a christina hendricks (if any of you even watch mad men), whom I also find attractive.

I wanted to make a character with my sister and she seriously thought every one but #1 was fat.

Really speaks volumes to me when all the girls think #4 is ridiculous, but a lot of guys would say 2 or 4 are the best. Mostly I see people thinking 1 and 3 are very odd.

No, im male, and i find #2 to be the best too. I personally believe most males would find #2 to be the best, followed by probably #1 or #4, but i think a minority of males would find #4 to be the best (i dont think theres anything wrong with it at all, just that it wouldnt be the most attractive to most).

I can make cute females, but I only ever use a couple of the available options. Only a few of the faces are appealing to me and fewer hairstyles. At least the body types change the faces a bit for more diversity, though I will never in a million years roll a female with body type 3. Yech~!

I can make cute females, but I only ever use a couple of the available options. Only a few of the faces are appealing to me and fewer hairstyles. At least the body types change the faces a bit for more diversity, though I will never in a million years roll a female with body type 3. Yech~!

Needs more beer.

All joking aside, the male warrior at one point meets a female Pureblood with body 3. I have a vague recollection of the exchange going like:

A) flirt

B) hello

C) you give me the hibbie jivvies

If you choose "C" her response is "I try to make an impact on everyone I meet."

I really have fun with dialogue like that.

One of my Commandos is a Mirialan with body type three. Amazon woman ftw lol

All of my other characters are body type two. I may make a body type four character at some point, but it's unlikely. I know that I'll never be making a body type one character. They just seem anorexic.

@OP:

I find the males to be ugly in this game. I really like what they did with the females. I've yet to make a male character. The score's 15-0 right now.

I find the males to be ugly in this game. I really like what they did with the females. I've yet to make a male character. The score's 15-0 right now.

I'm trying to come up with a way of saying I agree with you, without sounding mean. The male faces have a lot of .."personality/character". :p

I wasn't thrilled with the female character creation either. I made two cute girls I really like, but for my third and fourth I'll have to either make a Twi'lek or use customization options I have already used (face, hair, etc). I actually prefer the body type 1 though . . . I tried a body type 2 girl and found her curves to be a bit much. The type 1 is busty, but petite enough that it doesn't, ah, stand out that much.

I'm trying to come up with a way of saying I agree with you, without sounding mean. The male faces have a lot of .."personality/character". :p

Now see, this is why my guy is Miraluka. :p

My favorite combo is face 1 with complexion 20 (which is 19 on some.) I think it looks fairly pretty. Might just be my taste though. I do have a problem with some of the makeup options - a lot of the color combinations are odd.

For the heck of it - for males my favorite face is number 6.

eh i tend to like that christina hendricks busty and curvy look and i found 4 to fail in that area, as i know that's what it was going for. instead it's like one giant bulk straight down without the curvy aspect. needs a much curvier booty like miranda in mass effect, more, more, more booty and needs curvier legs... just more curves and not one bulky blob.

i like 2 first, then 1 and then 4 out of default. but i was disappointed with 4 big time as i wanted to make a female in that curvy style. lol you should see my skyrim character with mods if you want to see curvy.

because of this i can see why some would consider 4 fat because it's not curvy it's more blobbish or bulky. i guess chubby would be the better term to use although it's not quite chubby either. it's just some hybrid of chubby and bulky.

Edited by teambff

When making Twi'leks I always go for Body Type 1 then the last face option because it's the only one available where she looks like she's smiling, all the others are either too serious or look miserable.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14uys1d.jpg

Some of the hairstyles though look absolutely atrocious.