The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, one new bi character is hardly "everyone is bi." Koth is bisexual, and that is it. Women can flirt with Senya, but it's very, very mild and she doesn't react to it like flirtation at all.

Beyond that, Vaylin accuses you of having a crush on her regardless of your gender, but she's a complete lunatic and is more than likely just messing with the PC and taunting them.

Beyond that, Vaylin accuses you of having a crush on her regardless of your gender, but she's a complete lunatic and is more than likely just messing with the PC and taunting them.

I am hoping Vaylin will become romancable in later chapters...she will be perfect for my SW or SI....and I am not sure if she is taunting the PC...she seems crazy enough that for her affection is showed with force:D

Anyone find it odd that everyone seems to now be bi?

Makes development simpler and less expensive, same type of events at specific conversation nodes for both PC genders. Probably many of the voiced lines for the NPC are going to be the same for both genders.

I've found her romance to be rather sweet, though you don't get the confirmation pop up until Chapter IX.

Right? I saw that popup and went "ok, so what was all that making out we did in the last eight chapters about, then?"

Lana does have one utterly gratuitous dark side moment, when

she wants you to leave some refugees on the planet even though there is literally zero reason not to take them with you. You're not short of time, room, or supplies at that point and there's no suggestion they're anything but harmless, I can't think of any reason to leave them there to be killed by your enemies apart from spite.

But that aside, she's still very supportive of cooperation and trust and other non-Sith-y things that benefit the Alliance. Still not a great match for a pure, holy paragon of light sort of Jedi, but then she never was.

Right? I saw that popup and went "ok, so what was all that making out we did in the last eight chapters about, then?"

Lana does have one utterly gratuitous dark side moment, when

she wants you to leave some refugees on the planet even though there is literally zero reason not to take them with you. You're not short of time, room, or supplies at that point and there's no suggestion they're anything but harmless, I can't think of any reason to leave them there to be killed by your enemies apart from spite.

But that aside, she's still very supportive of cooperation and trust and other non-Sith-y things that benefit the Alliance. Still not a great match for a pure, holy paragon of light sort of Jedi, but then she never was.

Practicality really. Nothing says they aren't short on supplies, but nothing says they are bursting with supplies either. Also, it means you do have to take in faith, that they aren't possible traitors. A moment of "Why do we trust everyone we meet first, then wait to see if they betray us, and not wait till they can prove themselves."

Those are Zakuul people after all.

I'm not against same gender stuff but I find it annoying that there is more options to flirt with people of the same sex then there is of the opposite sex... I wish there was a way to turn it off if you wanted and have a different option, I'd rather have something else to talk about with Theron then a flirt option I'm never going to pick.

And why is everyone into same sex stuff?? Some should decline it like in Mass Effect, sure have the option if you want to flirt but the entire galaxy isn't gay...

Edited by Newyankalt

I'm not against same gender stuff but I find it annoying that there is more options to flirt with people of the same sex then there is of the opposite sex... I wish there was a way to turn it off if you wanted and have a different option, I'd rather have something else to talk about with Theron then a flirt option I'm never going to pick.

Sorry, asking for a toggle to turn it off is against the TOS, as to forum people it's a form of discrimination. The devs have said it many times when the game was younger and have yet to change their minds.

SO you'll just have to do the relatively easy thing of not picking the flirt option.

Sorry, asking for a toggle to turn it off is against the TOS, as to forum people it's a form of discrimination. The devs have said it many times when the game was younger and have yet to change their minds.

SO you'll just have to do the relatively easy thing of not picking the flirt option.

Okay whatever about TOS or forum people, just saying my opinion lol...

About that:

Senya only has one flirt so far, doesn't she?

Yes, just the one flirt. It would be interesting if there were more with her down the track, but given the way she responds to the flirt - I don't think it will go anywhere. Which basically leaves us with just one female LI for wlw PCs.

Edited by Zandilar

And why is everyone into same sex stuff?? Some should decline it like in Mass Effect, sure have the option if you want to flirt but the entire galaxy isn't gay...

There aren't more options to flirt with people of the same gender than the opposite gender...there are waaaay less same sex flirts. Think of all the flirts, romances, affairs, etc...in all 8 classes of both genders for the level 1-50 content. Every single one is opposite sex. Pretty sure my smuggler or agent could flirt with more people of the opposite sex on one planet than anyone can flirt with the same sex in the entire game combined.

Also, the new companions aren't exclusively same sex. You can romance Theron or Koth as a woman or Lana as a man. Literally the only romance options (and calling them that is a stretch) that are exclusively same sex in the entire game are Lord Cytharat and Lemda Avesta.

If you don't want to flirt with someone of the same gender then don't. Every conversation has 3 options so pick one that isn't a flirt. :rolleyes:

There aren't more options to flirt with people of the same gender than the opposite gender...there are waaaay less same sex flirts. Think of all the flirts, romances, affairs, etc...in all 8 classes of both genders for the level 1-50 content. Every single one is opposite sex. Pretty sure my smuggler or agent could flirt with more people of the opposite sex on one planet than anyone can flirt with the same sex in the entire game combined.

Also, the new companions aren't exclusively same sex. You can romance Theron or Koth as a woman or Lana as a man. Literally the only romance options (and calling them that is a stretch) that are exclusively same sex in the entire game are Lord Cytharat and Lemda Avesta.

If you don't want to flirt with someone of the same gender then don't. Every conversation has 3 options so pick one that isn't a flirt. :rolleyes:

Well considering one option in every conversation is a Flirt, one is a ******e comment and the other is a serious one... That really leaves one option every time if you want to have a real conversation. Really there is only two if you don't want to be someone who flirts with everyone in the game

Edited by Newyankalt

Well considering one option in every conversation is a Flirt, one is a ******e comment and the other is a serious one... That really leaves one option every time if you want to have a real conversation. Really there is only two if you don't want to be someone who flirts with everyone in the game

Every option is a flirt? I just ran through 3 chapters without a flirt on my SI (think I would've gotten one if I had done a LS choice on my LS SI, but it just didn't make sense for her :p).

This is kinda on topic so I will ask here: how are the companion conversations working now? Are they only at certain points/when the game decides or are they like the previous system (when you have certain affection/influence number...and in some cases reached certain point of story)...or maybe they are even mix of the two like in Inquisition?

This is kinda on topic so I will ask here: how are the companion conversations working now? Are they only at certain points/when the game decides or are they like the previous system (when you have certain affection/influence number...and in some cases reached certain point of story)...or maybe they are even mix of the two like in Inquisition?

It would be the former for old and new I believe.

It would be the former for old and new I believe.

''Former''...but I have 3 options:D

...I kid!...sorry bad humor....but do you mean giving them gifts and raising their influence will make them talk to me or does it only raise their stats (which are almost double mine...and I thought I have good equipment...)?

''Former''...but I have 3 options:D

...I kid!...sorry bad humor....but do you mean giving them gifts and raising their influence will make them talk to me or does it only raise their stats (which are almost double mine...and I thought I have good equipment...)?

Only raises their stats and makes the AWESOME at crafting.

I believe conversations are now opened by level not by affection, and possibly where you are in the story. All my level 60 characters have been able to go through all the conversations for each companion regardless of my level of affection with them. Previously, you had to meet affection requirements to get conversations with your companions.

Edited by Zandilar