Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

As a gay guy, i'd probably rather it be with new companions. Changing characters sexuality just to meet some kind of diversity quotient is...disturbing, I think. It felt really off in DA2 and I wouldn't want to see it here.

Please give my smuggler some qt pi Jedi to romance Bioware.

Far too much work for that pack of slackers. They'll take your money, sure - but don't hold your breath waiting for them to do something to earn it.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far too much work for that pack of slackers. They'll take your money, sure - but don't hold your breath waiting for them to do something to earn it.

IF you have that sort of attitude toward the developers, why do you even still care? Why did you come to this thread? To badmouth the developers by calling them slackers? That kind of attitude doesn't motivate people, it never has in any industry.

IF you have that sort of attitude toward the developers, why do you even still care? Why did you come to this thread? To badmouth the developers by calling them slackers? That kind of attitude doesn't motivate people, it never has in any industry.

Why am I here? Mostly out of nostalgia.

I'm certainly not here to help Bioware in any way - they ran through their (considerable) store of goodwill with me quite some time ago.

Whoop, finally finished, at least the Imp Side. Rep side just pretty much last boss to go.

My spoilery thoughts:

It was pretty abrupt how it ended but it had to end somehow. Now that I've completed it and seen what Lana, Theron and Jakarro had to say, I understand and I guess I pretty much accept how it turned out.

As much as I'd love to have both, or even all 3, as companions it just wouldn't really feel right stowing them away on my ship when they have things to do in their new careers. I want to see where they go, what they do and having missions with them in future would be welcome (long as they don't kill them off, please BW, no...) Saying that though, don't think for a minute I don't still see it as a huge cop-out for not getting new companions.

So what I would like to see now, having had a short albeit tragic romance on Makeb and a longer but ultimately temporary romance in SoR, is a fully scripted SGR companion. Gettin' real tired of non-basic speaking /droid companions.

Also did anyone find that there were a lot less [flirt] options for Reps romancing Rep allies and Imps romancing Imp ones? It just felt like you were 'expected' to choose the other side for a more fulfilling romance.

Edited by AelixVII

Yeah.. same for me.

I actually was hoping we would get her or Shan as new companion. Depending on which one you choose as romance... or faction

That's what I was thinking... and hoping. Bioware is so close... so close... They just need to reach for it! Come on, what are you waiting for?

Whoop, finally finished, at least the Imp Side. Rep side just pretty much last boss to go.

My spoilery thoughts:

It was pretty abrupt how it ended but it had to end somehow. Now that I've completed it and seen what Lana, Theron and Jakarro had to say, I understand and I guess I pretty much accept how it turned out.

As much as I'd love to have both, or even all 3, as companions it just wouldn't really feel right stowing them away on my ship when they have things to do in their new careers. I want to see where they go, what they do and having missions with them in future would be welcome (long as they don't kill them off, please BW, no...) Saying that though, don't think for a minute I don't still see it as a huge cop-out for not getting new companions.

So what I would like to see now, having had a short albeit tragic romance on Makeb and a longer but ultimately temporary romance in SoR, is a fully scripted SGR companion. Gettin' real tired of non-basic speaking /droid companions.

Also did anyone find that there were a lot less [flirt] options for Reps romancing Rep allies and Imps romancing Imp ones? It just felt like you were 'expected' to choose the other side for a more fulfilling romance.

I never noticed... But I will compare. I did find cross-faction more compelling.

And reading your spoiler, it's true!!! Bioware is taking baby steps... it's time for the whole 9 yards

The scenes between my sniper and Theron... Would re-watch over and over again. I'd buy the option on the cartel market!

Mhm. Because Theron Shan - the Republic's foremost troubleshooter and spy - would willingly defect to the Empire. Likewise, I can really see Lana Beniko turning her back on the Empire and going to the Republic, after already paying such a high price to save it. /sarcasm

Sorry, but I can't see any way to keep Theron as a companion other than the r-word (if romancing him), or the k-word (if not). And I don't see Bioware coding that in....

• 3 weeks later...

I waste a lot of time giving Gifts to Kira with my female Jedi Knight and after all this I discovered that is not possible to have a same gender romance, really sad, I really dont know why its not avaliable, we can se in all Bioware games.

I support the same gender romance for both, male and female.

Cya. :)

I romanced Zevran and Fenris from dragon age. The guy in ME3 but I don't remember his name. I romanced Lord cytharat on Makeb and Theron Shan.

But, after waiting 3 years, my hope is broken. I still can't flirt with Torian or Quinn. Sometimes I want to make a female character for romance but... I'm a guy and I can't resolve myself to play a woman.

The best solution is to add a new partner like Kay Zikken (the smuggler on Rishi) or... hum... Theron for the Empire ? :D

And yes, of course, I support SGR

Well this is annoying. Finally hit a couple of chances for my lady bounty hunter to express interest in another woman, and it's just a couple of [flirt] prompts that lead into very irritating quest chains that Dulfy says lead into difficult heroic 4-mans that I'll probably never find a group to do at this point in the game.

Just wonderful. Already had to eat a couple affection hits with Torian because the only dialogue option that wasn't flirting was along the lines of "shut up and stop bothering me."

Well this is annoying. Finally hit a couple of chances for my lady bounty hunter to express interest in another woman, and it's just a couple of [flirt] prompts that lead into very irritating quest chains that Dulfy says lead into difficult heroic 4-mans that I'll probably never find a group to do at this point in the game.

Just wonderful. Already had to eat a couple affection hits with Torian because the only dialogue option that wasn't flirting was along the lines of "shut up and stop bothering me."

Your lady bounty hunter will have to wait till the next mmo by BW, star wars one or some other. They couldn't even give us 2 stories for both sides in 3.0 and you expect more than [flirt]'s?

Your lady bounty hunter will have to wait till the next mmo by BW, star wars one or some other. They couldn't even give us 2 stories for both sides in 3.0 and you expect more than [flirt]'s?

Expect, no. I've come to expect very little from Bioware lately for gay women gamers, between how embarassingly juvenile and written for straight men Traynor was in ME3, how gender-neutral Liara, all the DA2 women romances, and Josephine in DAI were, and how the lesbian romance in DAI is also an appallingly bad character who tries a classic form of emotional abuse on the PC under some circumstances.

Merely disappointed.

This thread just really needs to die. 390ish pages of talking about the same thing...over...and over and over. There's not THAT much to this topic

There still aren't any same-sex companion romances, so clearly there is still much to be said. Particularly on Bioware's part.

There still aren't any same-sex companion romances, so clearly there is still much to be said. Particularly on Bioware's part.

Doesn't look like there will be either, as there probably won't be any new companions. U got it with the npc interaction, so be happy with that

The fact that YEARS later this is still a thread on the first page shows how important this STILL is to players. I think it is great that they seem to have been at least trying - SGRs on Makeb, and playersexual characters in Revan, not to mention male dancers in cantinas and a general lessening of the typical sexism. I too hope they will do more - SGR companions would be the end goal - but at least they are doing something.

Expect, no. I've come to expect very little from Bioware lately for gay women gamers, between how embarassingly juvenile and written for straight men Traynor was in ME3, how gender-neutral Liara, all the DA2 women romances, and Josephine in DAI were, and how the lesbian romance in DAI is also an appallingly bad character who tries a classic form of emotional abuse on the PC under some circumstances.

Merely disappointed.

Well, they took time figuring out how far they can go, maybe they're still figuring it out, from ME 1 to ME 3 there's quite an evolution in regard to the topic. From pretty much nothing when swtor was launched to at least something. But I agree, in this case "still better than nothing" doesn't help. You finish the one time story and do not get Lana or Theron as your new (bisexual at least) companions. Story done, still no one romanceable aboard your ship.

But I expect SGR to be on a completely different level in BW's next mmo project...meanwhile I will have to agree with OrinVlado, this thread probably needs to rest in piece, we don't seem to ever have this aspect fully covered as part of swtor experience.

Edited by Preston_Violent

Merely disappointed.

As a straight male who does romances in games out of impulse, as a 3rd person and I don't identify with characters I found them all awkward in some way as well. Especially DA:I because most of them fem/fem options in DA:I are the kind of people I cannot stand. Sera is an annoying, ignorant dummy and may have metal retardation, because she acts like a 9 yearold and Josephine... She has 0 personality or backbone. A complete sheep with no independent thoughts of any kind.

I can't really say much about male/male romances. I'm one of those werid people who can't even tell if a man is handsome or not, I see nothing appealing in any guy. I just do them if they happen to fit the narrative of my character.

So, yeah, I no longer even hope we'll see anything worth anything in SWTOR.