Galactic Reputation?

zElmTree

So coming in the future is this thing called Galactic Reputation. Basically the more side quests you do involving a faction (republic, empire, gree, voss...etc) , the more reputation you build which in turn earns you titles ( Newcomer, Hero, Legend, etc...). What is interesting is that in the notes, they said that the Galactic Reputation will tie with your character's Legacy.

Currently my Legacy lvl is 41 and I am positive there are people that are higher than me. My question is, will all the work we have done for our Legacy in reaching our levels already count toward this new system? In other words, will we already have these titles unlocked? I am guessing Legacy lvl 25 is "Legend" status so would people who are 25 and above already have unlocked all of the titles?

Is that going to be the case or are we going to have to start off as Newcomers and work our way up again to get Legend status? Then the question arises for people with max legacy....how will it work for them if they really have no where left to lvl it to?

Link to story: http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-hp-019

Edited by zElmTree

I'm legacy 50 and am fine with a new bar to fill. In fact I'm looking forward to it.

That's pretty much the point isn't it? To expand the existing game, give players another bar to fill that have filled them all. Not complaining, but that was exactly why they are implementing rep. I think it's long over due.

I'd prefer if your alts, or whomever didnt do the work, to gain rep, gained half the rep your grinder had. Like your granddad was awesome, so your in, but but you still gotta work hard to where he is.

Yes that's what I thought Legacy should be. More about inheritance.

Sort of like how the son of both jedis will inherit the stats of his parents, making him stronger and have higher stats. That's a better way to boost stats than datacrons.

Obviously the Gree one will be at Zero. But I wonder if the Reputation for the Republic, Empire, Voss things and any other Organization that you can gain Reputation with, if they will be Flat Zero or if it will be Retroactive.

I could also see, down the line, Worlds having various Reputation Organizations or whatever you'd want to call them. For example, the Twi'lek Village on Tython or the Houses on Alderaan. Also, I would love if the Reputation System would eventually eliminate/replace the Commendation System.

Edited by Altyrell

Obviously the Gree one will be at Zero. But I wonder if the Reputation for the Republic, Empire, Voss things and any other Organization that you can gain Reputation with, if they will be Flat Zero or if it will be Retroactive.

I could also see, down the line, Worlds having various Reputation Organizations or whatever you'd want to call them. For example, the Twi'lek Village on Tython or the Houses on Alderaan. Also, I would love if the Reputation System would eventually eliminate/replace the Commendation System.

Absolutely. I don't understand why they did commendations in the first place. It is not intuitive.

Reputation system won't ever be outdated. I felt like a huge roleplay part of Skyrim was taken out when they took out npc disposition.

Reputation system is intuitive and has huge story and roleplay potential.

Seeing as by now say on Voss, most of the missions would've all been done by players as well as on any other world, apart from heroics. Hopefully all the missions which you've already completed will contribute towards your reputation count. Edited by Vitas

Seeing as by now say on Voss, most of the missions would've all been done by players as well as on any other world, apart from heroics. Hopefully all the missions which you've already completed will contribute towards your reputation count.

Agreed, for some of the Reputation Groups, it will be retroactive. Obviously the Gree Enclave won't but the Voss, or the Imperial Guard on Belsavis, etc will be Retroactive.

Should be retroactive. Why in the world does someone like me who has been here since launch and actually plays for the stories should have the same rep as some player who unsubbbed a long time ago or a new player.

Legacy is normally retroactive.

1)When they first released it, everything I had unlocked before the legacy update showed in my legacy. Like my Twi'lek species unlock and my companion presence unlocks.

2) In the test server, my legacy there has all my live server unlocks even though only one of my 50's is there.

The second they put it in the PTS is when I will find out since my legacy is already there.

Edited by SentinelDranoel

Seeing as by now say on Voss, most of the missions would've all been done by players as well as on any other world, apart from heroics. Hopefully all the missions which you've already completed will contribute towards your reputation count.

I expect the next daily area to be on Voss for this reason. Section X dailies will probably give Imperial Guard rep, the new Gree event dailies give Gree rep, and the Space dailies I assume will give First Imperial Fleet rep.

Ps. I hope its a fresh start for all. I'd dislike it if I'd be exalted with everything right away.

Edited by LordExozone

•Galactic Reputation is tied to your character’s Legacy, so enjoy earned Reputation Points and ranks across all characters in your Legacy!

Wow way to fail basic reading comprehension; but I guess that's the norm nowadays. They couldn't spell it out any easier and people still misunderstand and hear only what they want to hear.

Galactic Reputation points and progression is tied to all your Legacy characters. it has nothing else to do with Legacy or Legacy level, so far.

Edited by Sanctioned