RV-28 needs a Voice Inhibitor chip installed!!! /sign to fix

dessius

For the love of god, please disable the frequency in which this droid speaks. If I have to hear "Excellent! Blah blah blah blah" one more time, I might just rip my ears off and plug the bloody holes with bantha poodoo! I like having a healing companion as a tank, but not one that makes me feel the need to lock myself in a padded room! Thank you, good day! Edited by dessius

• 3 weeks later...

We are way past the voice chip inhibitor phase of our deep hatred with this droid.

Have considered melting him down into a fire poker with lighting, but then id still have to put up with the lump of metal that reminds me of its voice.

Also considered selling it to Jawa's for some bantha dung but they threatened to put a speeder bomb on my vehicle as repayment for such an insulting trade.

My last hope is being able to smash the voice chip and rebuid its face to display emotion so i can then torture it for days on end while watching it "soundlessly" screaming in agony. If there are any droidtechs out there I have a complete room in my ship I can dedicate to this pastime.

i dont want to be THAT guy but am i the only person who doesnt find the droid annoying?

i mean, sure i do hear the droid everytime i enter the ship, but it doesnt affect me at all. I dont get angry enough to write on general forum about how annoying the droid sounds.

maybe the droids sound is your anger outlet for something else thats going on in your life? but i digress.

sorry if i sound like a douche but come on... im getting sick of ppl complaining about every little things about this game. (for example, i remember reading something about someone wanting to remove the quest map feature since its borderline hacking...)

I like his voice, I like the fact that every time I step onto my ship he grovels for my affection.

however his sentences might need some editing, often I find his messages follow along the line of "Hello Master, I did this and this so blah blah blah" if you either turn down the frequency of these messages or edit them so they are shorter (a simple 'Hello Master' is sufficient)

but then again I'm only 23 ask me how I feel about him at 50.

i dont want to be THAT guy but am i the only person who doesnt find the droid annoying?

i mean, sure i do hear the droid everytime i enter the ship, but it doesnt affect me at all. I dont get angry enough to write on general forum about how annoying the droid sounds.

maybe the droids sound is your anger outlet for something else thats going on in your life? but i digress.

sorry if i sound like a douche but come on... im getting sick of ppl complaining about every little things about this game. (for example, i remember reading something about someone wanting to remove the quest map feature since its borderline hacking...)

I never said I was angry but shutting him up would be nice too. Also I don't actually care if they don't do anything about the droid. It's just a slightly fun topic to reply to

My sith warrior would happily dismantle him if possible, turning him into a coffee dispenser would be an excellent use of Vette's time :D

The problem is, as a Warrior, you pretty much have to use the droid for heals until later on. A coffee dispenser would be so much better!

i can only assume this was george lucas's creative input to the game.

All the devs came up with everything else. george strolled in and pitch it like this

"ya know..i really think the fans would love to be greated by a always faithful droid every time he sees them. ya...you know...i think that would be good. Have him talk to them all the time. this is how i envision the story being told. It doesn't work unless they are greeted all the time. lets make him as friendly as possible or lets not even make the game. its all about making the players feel welcomed...all the time. thats the key. what's everyone look at me like that for...go! make it happen! GOGOGO..."

I couldn't care less what BioWare do or don't do in this game, its finished as far as I'm concerned. Next time you try an MMO EA / BioWare, try actually putting some thought into it and hire competent developers.

And yes the droid is annoying so I just don't bother logging in, seems to fix it.