Wait...let me get this straight.

Aaoogaa

Same gender romance fluff is higher on the to do list than pvp class balance? See I would have thought something that actually matters in the game would get looked at first? If that is what is impotant in the state of the game I guess pokemon pet battles and pandas are not far behind.

Besides the above reply, PVP and PVE have gotten a lot more love lately than SGR anyway. While class balance is not how many players want it, its not like it has been this way since launch. We also got 2 new warzones last year and the Ilum update and new pvp/balance changes are coming in the very first update this year, while SGR apparently is not getting love until the update after that with RotHC.

What is the problem here?

Besides the above reply, PVP and PVE have gotten a lot more love lately than SGR anyway. While class balance is not how many players want it, its not like it has been this way since launch. We also got 2 new warzones last year and the Ilum update and new pvp/balance changes are coming in the very first update this year, while SGR apparently is not getting love until the update after that with RotHC.

What is the problem here?

Probably because very few people really care about SGR...next will be the outcry for petiality and dressing up in panda costumes to create a furball.

Probably because very few people really care about SGR...next will be the outcry for petiality and dressing up in panda costumes to create a furball.

Ahem, based on the PVP server populations - and the outcry that those stranded on these dying servers would like to leave them - I'd say very few people really care about PVP (or whether it's balanced). There's at least some factual numbers to back that up. We don't have SGR servers to see how many are interested in that - only threads on a forum, which anyone with a brain knows only a very small minority of a gaming community will visit.

EA is located in the SF Bay Area and the political pressure to accomodate LGBT community is quite considerable here. While I'm sure that the actual numbers of LGBT players are rather small, their political cloud is rather large.

So, they get what they want and the PVP'ers don't - but we are used to getting screwed, aren't we? ;)

I'm supportive of the LGBT community, but I hate bias based on political correctness.

Edited by Totaltrash

The people working on the SGR and the people who deal with class mechanics are probably NOT the same people.

They forcing me to believe that people that working on PvP balance is the SGR people after all.

Edited by Missandei

The people working on the SGR and the people who deal with class mechanics are probably NOT the same people.

are you sure about this :p ?

anyway though, they had promised it at release and failed so they try to make amends, it is a good thing at least to show they actually did something about it

Edited by Labradoraki

How do people play SWTor, or post on these forums for that matter, without being able to read?

The SGR is just going to be an addition to an NPC conversation in Makeb - like you can romance one of the Twileks if you're a Jedi Knight when you start out.

So therefore, it's being handled by the story team and implemented by PVE devs.

It has nothing, literally not one thing, to do with PvP development in this game.

And for the record - I'm all for fluff. I'm all for anything being added to SWTOR.

Ahem, based on the PVP server populations - and the outcry that those stranded on these dying servers would like to leave them - I'd say very few people really care about PVP (or whether it's balanced). There's at least some factual numbers to back that up.

Don't use your anecdotal evidence of lower populations on ganking servers as some sort of "factual proof" of PVP not being popular, especially when there exists actual factual proof which proves the opposite of what you claim.

Scroll down to about halfway on this page:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/meet-developers-jonathan-crow

The graph shows you how much time in total is spent in various areas of the game, ordered by popularity at the time when the graph was made.

Warzones are ranked number 3, behind being on the fleet and being on planets.

Don't use your anecdotal evidence of lower populations on ganking servers as some sort of "factual proof" of PVP not being popular, especially when there exists actual factual proof which proves the opposite of what you claim.

The graph shows you how much time in total is spent in various areas of the game, ordered by popularity at the time when the graph was made.

also there is a giant why you unsubbed tread and a big majority of the reasons leaving is something related to pvp, if they actually focused on pvp a little i do believe they would get a lot of people playing since pvp is quite popular too

Ahem, based on the PVP server populations - and the outcry that those stranded on these dying servers would like to leave them - I'd say very few people really care about PVP (or whether it's balanced). There's at least some factual numbers to back that up. We don't have SGR servers to see how many are interested in that - only threads on a forum, which anyone with a brain knows only a very small minority of a gaming community will visit.

Factual numbers? Where do you see people wanting to leave these dying PvP servers? Which PvP servers are dying? PoT5 seems full and if people are leaving those servers, it most likely is due to the demand for PvP content being unanswered rather than the lack of desire for PvP.

LOL. Behind being on Fleet. So they need to add another Fleet so we can stand around on it - because clearly that's the most popular and most done activity. That's your logic, by the way.

Nevermind that there's not any questing to do after 50 and all that's left is ops or WZs (and a WZ is easier to queue with). Or that only about 10% of the game is unique (storylines, everything else is exactly the same) so once you've done the same quest twice you're probably bored of levelling that way and, again, 15 mins in a WZ is easier than an hour for a quest with the same gains.

And what if you could sex up your romance companion whenever you felt like it instead of just the couple times the game allows? I think that would probably be pretty high up on the list of things people do every day in game. Would that then 'prove' that there need to be more romance companions, including SGR ones?

To suggest that a graph of what people do every day in game is indicative of what they actually care about in game is funny. Because that graph clearly says we'd all like more Fleet maps to stand around on if we go with that logic.

I also find it absolutely hilarious you got butthurt about a joke aimed at someone who suggested SGR was going to lead to furrydom in SWTOR.

Same gender romance fluff is higher on the to do list than pvp class balance? See I would have thought something that actually matters in the game would get looked at first? If that is what is impotant in the state of the game I guess pokemon pet battles and pandas are not far behind.

BW have to put that stuff first, otherwise they'd appear anti-gay. And who wants the Forums to be filled with haters going "Z0mg B10war3 hAT3s GAys!!!1!11!"

If you get your jollies off of your character walking off to a black screen for assumed relations; then you have bigger issues than requiring same sex relationships in a video game.

I mean seriously. If you are playing this game, you do know you have access to adult entertainment; right? It is the internet.

Edited by Technohic

This thread really has nothing to do with the SGR and everything to do with the executive producer having his priorities all mess up. The main stay of this game is PVP...do you really think ops are the end game for TOR? The PVP population is much higher than the raiding population at any give time. If they don't extract their heads from their butts soon I am dropping my sub. I can screw around with friends with F2P. Without PVP there really isn't much in this game for me and the class I prefer to play isn't smashmonkey.

This thread really has nothing to do with the SGR and everything to do with the executive producer having his priorities all mess up. The main stay of this game is PVP...do you really think ops are the end game for TOR? The PVP population is much higher than the raiding population at any give time. If they don't extract their heads from their butts soon I am dropping my sub. I can screw around with friends with F2P. Without PVP there really isn't much in this game for me and the class I prefer to play isn't smashmonkey.

dingdingding

we have a winner

I will let you in on a secret...

This is a PvE game