Make. It. Stop. "Excellent! I was just wondering what i could do to please you!"

Petrus

My sith inquisitor can slay the most evil of beasts and snuff out the life of powerful lords. But the one enemy I cannot silence, is my ship driod.

2V-R8: Excellent! I was just wondering what i could do to please you!

For the love of God, please give us a mute button. Saying this every 5 seconds is enough to drive someone insane.

Edited by Petrus

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I kind of like the ingratiating words he gives out. Come on, you know you want a C3PO clone at your beck and call.

What I wish they would get right are his responses. They come out randomly and with no noticable result of his success. At least I don't even know what Khem says after a mission timer is up until I look at the chat boxes. I just hear, "Mumble, mumble, broken spanish, french and swahili."

I find him supremely anoying at this point and considering that we get him on every Imperial Class I really feel like not playing any alts.

I don't want to silence my companions eithe,r I love those. But there needs to be an alternate emotionless voice for that thing please. Or a custom robot. Or a toaster I can replace him with, I don't care just shut him up!

I can't even fly my Fury, he lurks at the cockpit door ready to babble at me if I try to flee!

This is extremely annoying to say the very least, it's a horrible programming error, but this companion is excellent in many cases as it heals you, URGH! If it says it again I think I'm going to smash my speakers up, LOL! I wish I could isolate that particular sound in the game itself and replace it with nothing, but it's not that easy as I've looked and all the main files are compressed and encrypted, so no luck there. There is loads of complaints all over the Internet about this. If you simply seach for the phrease "Excellent! I was just wondering what i could do to please you!" on Google you get pages and pages of them, it's really p***ing everyone off, me included.

At the time of writing this is the latest known official response from Bioware in a reply to another person who complained to customer services about this issue 4 days before I wrote this reply:

"The constant talking of 2V-R8 is something we are aware of and are currently working to solve this issue.

Thank you for you patience as we get this issue resolved."

At least they will address this issue and know about it, but unfortunately the response doesn't give any idea of a time scale. Patch 1.01 is coming later today at the time of writing, but I haven't read anything specifically about them fixing this on the update, the only section in the official changelog that could be related is quote, "Companion Character dialogue now plays at the correct volume.", GREAT, does that mean we will get to hear the droid repeatedly say this line EVEN LOUDER STILL literally every few seconds during combat? LOL! Since they're not specific on what exactly they're fixing we can only hope it at least reduces the volume level until they decide to fix it properly, but who knows at the time of writing, it could be the same or even worse still, who knows we might be pleasantly surprised even to find it resolved completely, I can only hope. It might not sound like a priority to fix this problem, but it's driving 1000s people up the wall to the extent of not using a very useful companion, so it is indirectly causing serious gameplay issues and fixing it should be given a higher priority in my opinion.

I will leave you with a final link: Excellent Companion, LOL!

Edited by pjcnet

I herd there was a mod that can change that droid to the assassin droid in KOTOR. Anyone else hear anything similar?

I know for a fact that you can get a secret companion at high levels, named HK-51, I am told he is an absolute PWN but you have to build him.

I guess I have never really noticed him being annoying, I only use him for crafting since I always take Mako on adventurers and the only time he speaks is when he starts/ends a crew skills mission. He does speak on the Mantis but only at the door leaving/entering. I really do not find him annoying maybe it's his droid voice that angers people? I think the mobs that continuously reset should be addressed before the ship droid personally.