Balmorra....OMG.../wrists

Lium

I'm leveling up a sorc and just got done with Balmorra. And all I can say is, never again. I have a 50 sent and I didn't remember Balmorra being this bad. I think it's far worse on empire side than it is on Republic. For imps, it's like a never ending planet. You finish up your class quests, then you get the bonus series. Which of course is normal. But the thing is, the bonus series quests will probably take you to parts of the map you haven't discovered yet. Which means there will be close to 20 some odd quests you still have to do.

And the heroics. Dear god, the heroics. Let me tell you right now, there is NOTHING heroic about these quests. They are nightmares. Utter nightmares. In every group I was in doing these, particularly the one where you have to find a droid part, we were all ready to just skip the rest of the planet and head elsewhere.

Now I see why everyone was picking Balmorra in that one thread that asked what people thought was the worst planet. Balmorra won that informal poll in a landslide.

I'm hardpressed to level another imp toon now because of Balmorra. Ugh!!!

I agree, Balmora is five times worse for empire than republic. I don't know why, but it just goes on and on and on. I remember the first time I did Balmora on a republic toon after 2 or 3 imps I was like "omg, is that it? that was soooo short".

Of course when I got Taris and I was "omg, going to hang self in basement, sooooooo freaking long, sooooooo freaking boring". It's no picnic on imp either, but it's absolutely depressing for pubs.

i recently finished balmorra and came to the conclusion i'd take imperial balmorra over republic taris even if i had crawl from end to end. in fact, the experience only made me loathe taris that much more...speeder or no. Edited by liquidlimbo

I really like Taris on Empire side. It is indeed a drag on Republic side, although not as bad as Balmorra on Empire side. I don't really remember Balmorra on Republic side, so it can't have been all that bad.

I first experienced Empire-side Taris on my Bounty Hunter, and between what was happening in the class story at that time and the things I dealt with on Taris, that was where my BH really started to sympathize with the Empire and feel like a part of it.

Edit: Oh, I remember why Balmorra didn't seem so bad on Republic side... I've only done that area once, it was a while back, and I was running with a friend the whole time. My other Republic characters aren't quite up to that point yet.

Edited by nateslice

It did seem to be rather, um, extended for a low level planet. xD I liked Republic Taris better, but I didn't think Imperial Balmorra was that bad.

Republic Balmorra on the other hand . . . ugh. If I never set virtual foot onto that accursed droid spawning, mantis infested slog-fest of a planet, it will be too soon. :p

Imp Taris made me realize how nice Balmorra was. I hate Taris.

Having speeders now definitely helps. On my alts, the first thing I do is run around and unlock all of the taxis. It helps a lot.

I agree, though, it feels like it's never ending on that planet.

I never understand these threads, and perhaps it's why the game didn't do as well as expected.

Did you like the KOTOR games?

Leveling in SWTOR is like playing KOTOR, only in a vastly more immerse and comprehensive space, including combat. It's nothing short thrilling if you liked those games back in the day.

If it's like your 3rd or 4th time through, then I'm sure that will feel old. I've found leveling 2 characters on each side to be a blast, and didn't dislike any planet except Quesh, because it was so small and felt unfinished.

Agreed large planets before speeders were available at level 10 was a drag. Everything else, sometimes I think gamers nowadays just have too much at their disposal to appreciate something that's well made and fun. Say what you will about the rest of the game, SWTOR got leveling and story right. It's extremely well done.

Edited by arunav