So Lv 55 cap is being held ransom with this Makeb even if I am a sub?

RaulTheConquerer

STO and CoH jump immediately to mind.

The level cap increase is on the Open Beta and has been tenatively set for the later part of this year in Episode 9. So they MAY charge, probably woun't considering how much they make off of Zen. Then again, it's also just tenative, it's not set in stone. The level cap increase was supposed to launch with Ep 7 and it did not.

{EDIT} Just found the "Founders of the Federation" expansion pack in reference to the level cap increase. So hey, they may charge after all.

And CoH was a content pack that you had to pay for. $10 as I recall or purchase of the Digital edition of the CoH/V Architect Edition.

And R.I.P. CoH.

Edited by Thylbanus

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i completely agree OP. I recently bought a car. Gas should be free forever ! i mean...i bought the car! now i gotta pay for gas too ?!?!?!

THEN i went to burger king. because mcdonalds sucks. but anyways i bought this meal deal for $4.99...and they offer an EXPANSION to large size ! and GET THIS ! they want to charge extra for it ?!?!! zomg !!!

seriously, how many of these people crying about paying for an expansion threads do we have to tolerate?

gasoline and buying a car are in two different fields. When you buy a game and pay a subscription for a year and in the passed 6-7 months have been told repeatedly about upcoming content coming to the game and then have the bulk of said content suddenly getting a price tag slapped on it is ********. It isn't an expansion and it sure is hell isn't worth a damn compared to other DLC's. When you buy a car you get everything with it that you payed for, if you payed for extra shinies you get them they don't say yeah we will give you these extra shinies, then 6 months later tell you it's going to cost you more to get it now. Gasoline is just a product that makes your car go vrooooooom around the roads. It has nothing to do with buying a car.

the burger king comparison, corporations make these products in the real world, they cost money to make, they like to make profits so they try to push their crap at you all the time. A super size upgrade costs extra because it takes extra product that costs real money when consumed. Burger King also doesn't say "Hey you want a super size?!" and you say yes! then they say "Okay!! Wait a period of time." so you wait patiently in excitement for your add on. Then Burger King says "Here ya go!!! That will be 10 more dollars now!" Instead they tel you up front from the start, hey you want this extra ****? It's gonna cost ya buddy! Unlike Bioware who just showed us a bunch of content most of which has released for FREE then held off the rest to be a surprise DLC when the game converted to F2P.

At least if you are going to insult people make real world comparisons that make sense.

The level cap increase is on the Open Beta and has been tenatively set for the later part of this year in Episode 9. So they MAY charge, probably woun't considering how much they make off of Zen. Then again, it's also just tenative, it's not set in stone. The level cap increase was supposed to launch with Ep 7 and it did not.

{EDIT} Just found the "Founders of the Federation" expansion pack in reference to the level cap increase. So hey, they may charge after all.

And CoH was a content pack that you had to pay for. $10 as I recall or purchase of the Digital edition of the CoH/V Architect Edition.

And R.I.P. CoH.

CoH raised the cap in issue 1 free of charge. Raised it for villains later on free of charge.

And R.I.P. CoH.

Reputation is working as lvl. IE 5lvl with associate feat each lvl (choose between 2 except for the last one).

Also, in DDO or LOTRO, you have add on with lvl increase. On DDO all except one was free for everyone, including f2p. The expansions you have to pay can be bought with stipends.

That is all.

Yea, but since CoH is dead, is that really relevant?

Why wouldn't it be? The fact it's shut down now is irrelevant.

In any case you're arguing that the price is justified by a level cap raise. So essentially they can release a couple of new FP's, WZs, etc.... add a cap raise and it justifies the price?

Why wouldn't it be? The fact it's shut down now is irrelevant.

In any case you're arguing that the price is justified by a level cap raise. So essentially they can release a couple of new FP's, WZs, etc.... add a cap raise and it justifies the price?

... and all that comes with the level cap which is new abilities and new stuff in your tier tree.

So, yes... it justifies it to me.

But why should I support a game that still has bugs from beta, and introduces new ones with each and ever update and downtime??

Not to mention the vast list of broken promises???And I am not talking just about Makeb but the Apac players that were repeatedly promise solutions that have yet to materialize?

And that is just one in a long line of failed deliveries on their part.Oh and you can say that this was promised before f2p hit, but tell me and the rest of us oh mighty white knight..What led up to this "AAA Game" going free to play?

If that's the case you'll never play another MMO again.... Every MMO on the market has the issues you mentioned above.

If that's the case you'll never play another MMO again.... Every MMO on the market has the issues you mentioned above.

I've had so much fun with bugs in WoW. I got this level 25 spider once that wouldn't stop following me. Basically it had a 100m or so leash but it left the leash and just avoided all attacks. I dropped out of combat but it still kept following me like a 2nd pet. So I ran through Stormwind asking for help and watch as 100 level 85s just wailed on it until they realized I'd been messing with them. After that I hearthstoned to Iron Forge... and the Spider showed up 20 minutes later:eek: It had gone there on foot (guess it couldn't use the tunnel or it would have been 3 minutes). So I took a Hypogriff to Sentinel Hill and it followed me again. Then I logged out and it was gone. I regret logging out, have made a fraps of "My Spider and Me.;)