The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Am i the only one who has no problem paying for the expansion?

Anosa

I dont understand why there is so much complaining about this. The money you spend is going to help the game develop further in the future. Its only 10 dollars... you spend more then that when you go out to chilis or the movies...

I honestly dont mind paying it at all.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I am gonna preorder it right now actually. I am expecting new PvE content besides the new planet content. The next operation was rumored to revolve around the hutt cartel BEFORE Bioware announced The Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Figures crossed that the new ops launches with the new expansion

The money you spend is going to help the game develop further in the future.

You really believe that? They've already made it pretty obvious that the cartel market is the main focus. Paying for something without having all the details is, in my opinion, foolish. It sets a precedent for EA to charge for EVERYTHING. Price is irrelevant, its principle.

You ever wonder what would have happened if everyone boycotted this "expansion" and NO one paid for it? It would be free. People are idiots though and allow themselves to be walked on.

You really believe that? They've already made it pretty obvious that the cartel market is the main focus. Paying for something without having all the details is, in my opinion, foolish. It sets a precedent for EA to charge for EVERYTHING. Price is irrelevant, its principle.

You ever wonder what would have happened if everyone boycotted this "expansion" and NO one paid for it? It would be free. People are idiots though and allow themselves to be walked on.

This here is a prime example of what will kill the AAA game market. What this person fails to realize is that if a game fails to turn a profit, whether it's an awesome game or an average game, it won't get more funding for growth or expansion.

Go protest and boycott the meat industry for GMO, antibiotics and growth hormones on mass world killing farms, being sold at stupid high prices. Pay the gaming industry to keep making games, give the investors their returns so they will keep investing. Otherwise, take you're "idiot" attacks elsewhere and phrase things appropriate for forum conversation.

To the OP: Yes, $10 is a fart in the wind and I like this game so I paid a very reasonable price to keep the content coming. Hopefully enough people show an interest and keep the game alive with new content investments.

I dont understand why there is so much complaining about this. The money you spend is going to help the game develop further in the future. Its only 10 dollars... you spend more then that when you go out to chilis or the movies...

I have no issues with paying for it.

But I refuse to support a host of new content when they won't fix current issues.

Agreed. EA loves their fanbase though, they don't hesitate to open their wallets without question. People are saying "I want to support the game" like they are hurting for money. With this f2p/sub hybrid model they are probably making more money than ever. If anyone is being cheap here it's EA.

Preordered once they've made clear there wouldn't be a cartel coins option after launch.

I would rather have had the option to pay for it with cartel coins. Especially since I sit on a huge heap of that stuff,

thanks to being subscribed and everything in the store being more than sub par.

Grabbags? No thanks. Overpriced recolored armorsets made adaptive? really? PAY2WIN(!!!) space mission stuff?! THE HELL???

Account unlocks are okay though, I guess. Haven't bought any of those either, though.

So yeah, just being able to throw them 1000, 2000 cc and be done with it would have been nice,

instead them getting additional $ ontop of the sub I already pay for.

At least there was a discount.... :-/

Nevertheless.... They REALLY need to pump out the info on the expansion before the preorder time ends.

Because seriously, these practices leave a more and more bad taste in my mouth.... :(

They dont care about it. They would rather have the game destroyed for their own selfish agendas.

The expansion is totally worth the money. Its actually a really good deal. Add to that the fact we got a free month of sub last april or may, and really... theres no reason to moan. They are beeing cheap.

Personally, ordered it already and cant wait.

Edited by Nemmar

Nevertheless.... They REALLY need to pump out the info on the expansion before the preorder time ends.

Because seriously, these practices leave a more and more bad taste in my mouth.... :(

If they said it has something they werent sure of yet, you would have the same people screaming in the forums like little girls saying how Bioware always lies.

Its all the product of the senseless hating. The fact we have to pay for this expansion in the first place, the fact that we now have a shop is all the product of senseless hating destroying this game. If those people hadnt run the game down, the team wouldnt have been restructured and the new model wouldnt needed to have been adopted and the new expansion would be free as originally planned and before the end of the year. But, beeing the people they are, i dont expected them to man up and take responsability for what they did, supporting the game.

Edited by Nemmar

I don't have a problem with it. I like the game and the extra content all at one time as opposed to piece-mealed out over a year is worth $10. Like many other players of TOR, I used to be a hard-core SWG player and twice I paid over $30 for a 1-planet expansion. The thing that baffles me is many of those same people complain about this one. Any way, if you like the game you'll pay, it's that simple... I mean really what does $10 mean? less than 2 packs of smokes or 2 or 3 beers? Nobody complains about spending that.

This here is a prime example of what will kill the AAA game market. What this person fails to realize is that if a game fails to turn a profit, whether it's an awesome game or an average game, it won't get more funding for growth or expansion.

Go protest and boycott the meat industry for GMO, antibiotics and growth hormones on mass world killing farms, being sold at stupid high prices. Pay the gaming industry to keep making games, give the investors their returns so they will keep investing. Otherwise, take you're "idiot" attacks elsewhere and phrase things appropriate for forum conversation.

To the OP: Yes, $10 is a fart in the wind and I like this game so I paid a very reasonable price to keep the content coming. Hopefully enough people show an interest and keep the game alive with new content investments.

I'm sorry, you can't really yell at him for what he said. While I have no problem paying $10 for an expansion, what he said is true. It's the principle. Would you buy a car without all the details? Like the salesman says "This here is a Ford Taurus. It has A/C and brakes. That's about all we can tell you at this time." Would you go for that? Granted, it's absolutely no big deal spending $10, but the idea of giving someone my money for something we don't know all the details about is cause for pause.