We know nothing about RotHC

Lovethebeard

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with OP. we know almost nothing, but we asked to pay.

I have general expression of this:

Old dev team worked on expansion and made almost everything already this summer except for class stories (as EVERY planet has common quest like for Emp/Rep). When they leave. Eaware did not do anything, and just want to release the piece already done without even bothering to make class stories. They call it "expansion" only to charge for it.

That's why we have no class story and information: i am afraid they already told us everything the "expansion" will contain. And i expect 3 hours of quests, dailies and more bore for your money. More, if i am right, there will be tons of bugs...

Edited by Zaemiel

I agree with you, but I heard they datamined a new operation to coincide with the hutt cartel- it's a sequel-like thing to karagga's palace: it's known as "scum and villainy". I'd imagine it be level 55.

So raised level cap... New op... New planet... And probably new goodies... Yeah, id say that's worth $10!

Excited.

Don't get your hopes up.

They've been clear as to what we can expect so far:

1. New Planet (size on par with Tatooine, Belsavis, Hoth)

2. Level cap of 55

3. More Datacrons

4. New non-Class Missions

Therefore while the New Operation looks like it will tie into the expac, I don't think we're getting any new goodies that we're not already well aware of.

I agree with you, but I heard they datamined a new operation to coincide with the hutt cartel- it's a sequel-like thing to karagga's palace: it's known as "scum and villainy". I'd imagine it be level 55.

So raised level cap... New op... New planet... And probably new goodies... Yeah, id say that's worth $10!

Excited.

Datamined is exactly the problem. "Scum and Villainy" was datamined back in 1.3, that isn't new or confirmed information. Sure, it makes sense to come out with RotHC, but that doesn't mean it will.

$10 isn't the problem. I've thrown bigger chunks of money at similar (or smaller) DLC in the past. The problem is that the confirmed content of RotHC is ALL stuff we've known about for months, but thought would be content patches. There hasn't been any new information confirmed to be in this "expansion".

The other big problem is that we haven't seen a single word about new Flashpoints and/or Operations. There really isn't a point to a level cap increase if we aren't going to see something done with that. Even if they give us Nightmare Mode for the currently existing Hard Modes, that isn't really anything new. That's the same crap we've been doing, but adjusted up because we were adjusted up.

When comparing this to expansions of other MMO's, the issue is most of this we knew about half a year ago. Consumers want/need something new to chew on. We want something to feel excited about. Not just throw ten bucks at them and hope it's awesome later. Which, I feel anyways, that they're just making up this Makeb expansion as they go along.

Take the Super Secret Space Project. That was announced OVER a year ago. We know nothing more about it other than "it's awesome" and other such hype. We havent seen a demo video or anything, not even a screenshot of it.

However if they announced tomorrow that they'd like you throw them $10-$20 for something you havent seen, and was previously announced to go live as a content update instead of an expansion, ofcourse people are going to be pissed. Ofcourse they're going to be cautious and skeptical.

Datamined is exactly the problem. "Scum and Villainy" was datamined back in 1.3, that isn't new or confirmed information. Sure, it makes sense to come out with RotHC, but that doesn't mean it will.

$10 isn't the problem. I've thrown bigger chunks of money at similar (or smaller) DLC in the past. The problem is that the confirmed content of RotHC is ALL stuff we've known about for months, but thought would be content patches. There hasn't been any new information confirmed to be in this "expansion".

The other big problem is that we haven't seen a single word about new Flashpoints and/or Operations. There really isn't a point to a level cap increase if we aren't going to see something done with that. Even if they give us Nightmare Mode for the currently existing Hard Modes, that isn't really anything new. That's the same crap we've been doing, but adjusted up because we were adjusted up.

I'm pretty confident it will just be higher difficulty of existing Flashpoints. Hell they'll reskin/rehash old models and sell it to you on the Cartel Market. Even the next tier gear for said expansion is a reskin/rehash of current armor. It makes me feel that this "expansion" wont be any different when it comes to content.

No, it doesn`t.

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Subscribers Save 50%

Subscribers save 50% off the Regular Price - Only $9.99 ($19.99 Regular Price).

Receive five (5) days of Early Access* if you Pre-Order by January 7, 2013 11:59PM CT // 5:59AM GMT!

$9.99

Regular Price

$19.99

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7142

"This Digital Expansion is available for the following pre-order prices:

$9.99 for all active subscribers.

$19.99 for all Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players."

So, no, the prices are not identical.

I always thought that it would be same for subs/freeps no matter. So I couldnt see why people would get confused. Now, when you actually look at it that way... I'm not saying they will raise the price after the time for pre-orders. But the bolded line doesnt specify that they wont either.

Speculation or not, 1 planet with zero new class story and no new companion story doesn't constitute as an "expansion". Adding a new flashpoing, new operation, some new datacrons ( big deal ), leveling 5 more levels, and more daily missions isn't a true expansion, it is merely a content patch. I'm still going to pay my 10 bucks, because I like the game, and there isn't any other game I want to play ( The rest suck ). It really isn't hard to create something, you just have to have the drive and imagination to make something. And that is what's lacking in the gaming and movie community.

Hey, I've got a really cool idea... I havent actually followed through on anything else I promised.

Except.. everything else so far being promised since mid August.

Or wait, you are part of the crowd that is still holding them to promises made pre-F2P announcement? Awww.. how cute and silly you are..

Moving on.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/#levelcap

Now lets see.. new race, new class, new level cap. 2 World bosses. 3 raids. 9 dungeons. 2 arenas.

What we get is Belsavis... one barren planet and 5 new levels.

They have a full page of features.. we got 3 lol lines. Comparable alright.

Actually.. in the first MoP video:

This was officially announced as the "full price expansion"

new race: Pandaren

new class: Monk

new continent: Pandaria

Level cap increase: to 90 (+5)

Vague early statements: Challenge Mode, PVE scenarios, Pet battle system.

New Talent System (like every expansion since WotLK)

So far, TOR has announced:

New race: not applicable

new class: not applicable

new continent: Planet Makeb (size of the largest planets in game so far)

Level cap increase: to 55 (+5)

Vague early statements: New Story for Empire and Republic concerning Hutts, more Datacrons.

New Abilities and talents (Similar to what was released in WoW in TBC)

So.. besides the new race and class.. the early announcements aren't objectively that far off. Only difference here is the track record Blizzard has compared to Bioware. Oh and yes.. this first official announcement for MoP was done a year before the actual launch to get people to pre-order and/or pay Blizzard for the year they still needed to develop it without any other content coming out in that time.

Actually.. in the first MoP video:

This was officially announced as the "full price expansion"

new race: Pandaren

new class: Monk

new continent: Pandaria

Level cap increase: to 90 (+5)

Vague early statements: Challenge Mode, PVE scenarios, Pet battle system.

New Talent System (like every expansion since WotLK)

You forgot, or don't know, about one thing. This video preview didn't came by itself, it was a tiny part of a huge event called Blizzcon. It is that event where MoP was announced, and they gave away tons of info about everything you see in the said video.

Oh and yes.. this first official announcement for MoP was done a year before the actual launch to get people to pre-order and/or pay Blizzard for the year they still needed to develop it without any other content coming out in that time.

This is not true as well, MoP pre-order started July 25, exactly 2 months before the release.

Edited by Trollokdamus

We know pretty much nothing on RotHC expansion. So why do people jump to conclusions about what's coming and what's not, like they already know the answer to everything ever. I'm quite happy to wait and find out more content info that they will release in due time. I will not jump on the horrible band wagon of 'OMG THIS EXPANSION GOT ANNOUNCED A DAY AGO, AND ALL THE INFORMATION THAT WAS GIVING MEANS NOTHING ELSE IS COMING!!'

Just wait, people. More info will come. I don't ever remember any other expansion by any other game ever giving out all the information at once.

Calm down.

(Sorry for bad English I'm Australian)

This is what I try to reason. You cant just announce an xpac/dlc (call it how you want it) on 20th of Dec pre-order till 7th of jan with so little info. Thats a move to just bolster their revenue for this year about to pass.

Thats why i understand some of the frustration around here. I pre-order it but i did made myself time to make a step back and look at the whole picture. I will not resub untill this dlc will not be live.

That's not technically true anyway. We know from official statements:

• It is one planet no bigger than Belsavis
  • It has no class storyline
  • There will be one active ability per advanced class
  • They will add "a couple" of options to each skill tree
  • It increases the level cap to 55
  • The gear dropped will be worse or at best equal to than current raiding gear

That's the helpful part of the post however we also know based on previous performance that:

• It will be buggy as sin
  • Its release will break existing functions in the game

Really it is that small? :eek:

From what they were saying I was expecting 1 planet 4 or 5 times (at least bigger than that).

From what they were saying I was expecting 1 planet 4 or 5 times (at least bigger than that).

Honestly.. the best comment concerning this I read was that: Size doesn't matter as much as how it is filled.

Example: Hoth and Tatooine, but also Alderaan, are actually the biggest planets on physical size. But the action and quests are spread out very, very far.

If Makeb has that size, but enough quests and diversity to fill 5 levels of questing within that area, than actual size matters less.

Except.. everything else so far being promised since mid August.

Or wait, you are part of the crowd that is still holding them to promises made pre-F2P announcement? Awww.. how cute and silly you are..

Moving on.

I agree about the free > pay issue, to a degree.

However you don't earn trust by not fullfilling your promises, you just don't. :csw_yoda:

And I can't see how anyone could expect to do so.

Unfortunately it reminds me of WAR, where players were consistantly promised "awesome" this and "awesome" that and, with the exception of LOTD, "awesome" was the last word that should be been used.

They've already said it will be equal to one of our current larger planets. One planet 4 or 5 times of our current planets? ...Why do I get the feeling you're a new player, and your spirit hasnt been broken yet?

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

You forgot, or don't know, about one thing. This video preview didn't came by itself, it was a tiny part of a huge event called Blizzcon. It is that event where MoP was announced, and they gave away tons of info about everything you see in the said video.

This is not true as well, MoP pre-order started July 25, exactly 2 months before the release.

I dont keep up with WoW, MoP or any other expansion. But to add on to what Trollokdamus has said:

They had almost an hour of Q&A at BlizzCon, and with the announcement of MoP, I'm sure a lot of questions where over what would be coming in MoP.

There's also this:

Mists of Pandaria Launches September 25, 2012 – Pre-Sales NOW OPEN

by Blizzard Entertainment Jul 25, 2012 6:51 AM PDT

Like I said, I dont keep up with WoW. But I did a little Google searching before saying anything. Right now, it looks like Trollok either plays or played WoW, or he Google searched. You however, Devlonir, are just making stuff up and trying to say, "Blizzard did it, it's fine!". Even if you're lying, and trying to (failing at it btw) defend EAWare. >.>

Edited by Katsuragisama

So far, TOR has announced:

New race: not applicable

new class: not applicable

new continent: Planet Makeb (size of the largest planets in game so far)

Level cap increase: to 55 (+5)

Vague early statements: New Story for Empire and Republic concerning Hutts, more Datacrons.

New Abilities and talents (Similar to what was released in WoW in TBC)

Actually thats not accurate either (unless changed in last couple days as I havent gone to look for 2 days)

New race: Not Applicable

New Class: Dont recall this ever being mentioned by EAware and definately not applicable for content update

New Planet :Makeb (Size is NOT officially announce. Yes Allison told us in the middle of a thread on forums but your average player would look simply at the ad. And the ad doesnt tell you how big the planet is)

Level Cap to 55

more datcrons

And thats about the end of it

-Now via datamining by NON EAware sources we have heard about 2 new ops, 2 new flashpoints. But none of that is even remotely official or announced

-Allison told us Makeb is compareable to Hoth or Tattoine in size and riddled with caverns underneath in a forum thread. But thats also not official as per the announcement page.

*and ill go even farther in that so many fanbois cry foul that subscribers who stayed on after being guarenteed in writing and video that they would not have to pay for add ons. Saying things change.

If we cant take the written and spoken word of someone who actually held a position to speak for EA.

Why would we be able to take the word of a community Manager that can not officially make promises on behalf of EA?

Far as this subscriber concerned, if its not on the advertisement or sent out in email.

Its not official.

And people cuting and pasting Allisons statement about Makeb doesnt change that.

Appreciate her taking time to tell us this stuff but till its on the official contents list in ad,

its not official.*

- Via rumors and conjector we hear that the Flashpoints that currently are not available as hard mode flashpoints will become such. But I cant find a single official EA source stateing that

Seems to me the fanbois convince themselves this above stuff is already officially announced. but its not. Never has been.

And when all is said and done, We have next to no information (OFFICAL INFO BY EA on the fact sheet) for this expansion.

Heck half the people think jan 9 is cut off for $9.99 deal and other half thing its cut off for early access. And we cant even get that offically cleared up (and by officially I mean on the actual ad, not in the middle of some thread where people voice their displeasure and a bunch of fanbois attack their every word).

I HOPE AND PRAY this content update has the following

- new planet the size of tattoine with under ground cavers making it even larger to explore

- 5 levels complete with fully developed new skills to choose from (or even better yet a more designer post 50 system where players choose their own new skills they want making their characters more unique and individual)

- 2 new flashpoiints (Im personally hoping for Teir 2 flashpoints)

- 2 new operations

- new crafting recipes that create content worth selling

- PAZZAAK (yeah I know, fat chance in hell. But I can dream)

Id actually buy that MINI EXPANSION if it had that in it as a starter

But we in no way know thats in this expansion

We basically know next to nothing officially

PS: And with this company, I stopped ASSUMING common sense stuff would be apart of any update/expansion.

Edited by Kalfear

"Heck half the people think jan 9 is cut off for $9.99 deal and other half thing its cut off for early access. And we cant even get that offically cleared up (and by officially I mean on the actual ad, not in the middle of some thread where people voice their displeasure and a bunch of fanbois attack their every word)."

Is there any official post about that - I'd brave the rage to get an actual answer about what it meant.

They've already said it will be equal to one of our current larger planets. One planet 4 or 5 times of our current planets? ...Why do I get the feeling you're a new player, and your spirit hasnt been broken yet?

It was from the interview where they first said they were "thinking" about charging for Makeb.

He was refering to it as a "massive" amount of content and refering to how big the planet would be in such a way that it certainly seemed it would be bigger (and mulitples bigger) than the biggest of the orignal planets.

I wasn't expecting a proper expanion level of content (al la Scar of Velious/Ruins of Kunark), but I did think it would be significantly bigger than anything we have. :(

"Heck half the people think jan 9 is cut off for $9.99 deal and other half thing its cut off for early access. And we cant even get that offically cleared up (and by officially I mean on the actual ad, not in the middle of some thread where people voice their displeasure and a bunch of fanbois attack their every word)."

Is there any official post about that - I'd brave the rage to get an actual answer about what it meant.

How does the FAQ not count as being official? It says right there that the price for subs is $9.99. The price for non-subs is $19.99. If you pre-order before 7 Jan you get 5 days of early access. I mean it can't get more clear than that. Does Jeff Hickman have to come to your house and tell you this information face to face for you to believe it?

How does the FAQ not count as being official? It says right there that the price for subs is $9.99. The price for non-subs is $19.99. If you pre-order before 7 Jan you get 5 days of early access. I mean it can't get more clear than that. Does Jeff Hickman have to come to your house and tell you this information face to face for you to believe it?

That's what I thought but there seemed a lot of confusion about the whole thing so I thought I'd ask.

Honestly.. the best comment concerning this I read was that: Size doesn't matter as much as how it is filled.

Example: Hoth and Tatooine, but also Alderaan, are actually the biggest planets on physical size. But the action and quests are spread out very, very far.

If Makeb has that size, but enough quests and diversity to fill 5 levels of questing within that area, than actual size matters less.

Dont know bout Hoth but Tatooine's playable area was small and a pain in the ***!!!! every time i tried to go explore this "BIG HUGE" planet i would either almost die or i would just die due to exhaustion zones. those dam things are the most annoying thing in this game!!! and they were everywhere!!! i could see this cool looking area not that far from me but i could not get there due to the stupid exhaustion zones, every where i tried to roam around i would hit one.

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas (that you cant get to even though you can see them and they aren't that far away from you) – sprawling mesas (that if you try and roam around in you will die due to exhaustion), underground caverns, garden estates (that you can see off in the distance but you will never be able to get to due to exhaustion), and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines (that are just as boring as all our other storylines), new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time (which we think a fair amount of time is anywhere from 2 days for power grinders and a week for casual players), and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there (to not be able to get to but to only look at from far away)). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

The fact that we know nothing about RotHC is what bothers me. They want me to spend $9.99 (or $19.99 for non subers) to buy something I know NOTHING about. Why should I spend $ on something that could be a complete steal or a complete rip-off. Tell us what we are paying for (more then just another planet and some vague comments about other neat stuff).

We know pretty much nothing on RotHC expansion. So why do people jump to conclusions about what's coming and what's not, like they already know the answer to everything ever. I'm quite happy to wait and find out more content info that they will release in due time. I will not jump on the horrible band wagon of 'OMG THIS EXPANSION GOT ANNOUNCED A DAY AGO, AND ALL THE INFORMATION THAT WAS GIVING MEANS NOTHING ELSE IS COMING!!'

Just wait, people. More info will come. I don't ever remember any other expansion by any other game ever giving out all the information at once.

Calm down.

(Sorry for bad English I'm Australian)

A lot of people I bet are waiting to buy it until they get more information.

Apparently the help centre states:-

This Digital Expansion is available for the following pre-order prices:

$9.99 for all active subscribers.

$19.99 for all Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.

Which is not the same and suggests that these prices are only available if you pre-order.

Now I think you are correct and it is a famous BW miscommunication, but it isn't cast iron as it stands.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.