Top 5 Reasons You Keep Playing (please stay on topic)

kamed

- my guild

- I've been looking for a 'story driven' MMO for a long long long long time and even if the stories in here aren't 100% on par with Bioware single player games, they are definitely 'good enough' to keep me going and playing all classes (which I'm not done with)

- I still hold onto the hope that we will get SGRA relatively soon

- I haven't collected all available pets yet

- it's Star Wars! (to me, SWG was never really an option)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 - Love the Star Wars universe

#2 - Trying to regain magic that was lost when SWG went into the abyss when the CU hit.

#3 - Hope beyond reason that somehow Bioware will wake up and change their ways and not repeat the Sins of Sony

#4 - My friends are still here and still playing

#5 - Despite the many issues, still lots of things in the game I enjoy.

1.) I like Star wars, First movie came out the year I was born ,been hooked ever since. It is in my DNA.

2.)I am exhausted with the caustic community from another MMO which shall remain nameless.

3.)I enjoy how each world has Multiple story arcs to cover

4.) I enjoy the "farming system" with sending crew members out for matts to supplement what I actually farm.

5.)Lightsabers and blaster fire. 'nuff said

Edited by Mattriss
grammer

1. Big BW fan

2. Hence, Companion system win me over in instant and forever

3. Like the art-stile and game-play.

4. Think it's balanced around solo-grouping well enough.

5. Come one - it's practically KOTOR-3, how can you NOT like it?

Lets see... my top 5 reasons as of today.

1. The Combat: animations and mechanics.

2. The endgame OPs and FPs.

3. The stories and voice acting.

4. My guildies in both factions.

5. It's Star Wars and more specifically KoTOR.

Edited by Rafaman

1. star wars (even not so good star wars is better than no star wars at all

2. burned out of fantasy

3. personal ships, since other mmo's like gw2 and wow have no housing at all this is the mmo where my world saving toon need not sleep in the streets.

4. low level bg's = well done

5. story ? yeah maybe story

#1) Its star wars

#2) the other mmos i am interested in arent out yet.

#3) for some reason after a year of nothing but disapointments i still hold some fraction hope, (like a little kid who still wants to believe in santa clause) That bioware will suddenly realize that this is an mmo and to be successful they need to be on par with their competition.

cant really think of any other reasons.

I'm playing through the Bounty Hunter storyline for the second time, whilst also gearing up my Operative main and it's brought back a lot of thoughts on why I like this game. I took a break for a while to finish Cata and try out MoP. It was really fun, honestly had a blast with it. I came back to play with some friends and aside from class balance issues I'm having a blast.

1. Everyone has been saying it: Class story. No other game has 8 unique stories you follow in addition to each planet having it's own character's and stories. On top of this, some of the stories are incredibly good... people are still discussing and debating decisions they made a year ago. The Imperial Agent story blew my mind, and having just finished the HK-51 quest, I had a blast.... aside from the part gathering.

2. Exploration. For me the place that always makes me want to explore is Hoth. Every time I go there I get all excited because it's like I'm a kid again watching Empire Strikes Back with my dad. The planets are actually incredibly well done, which gives me hope for Makeb.

3. Guild. My guild is a multiplatform guild, so we all play together on different games. I have a blast playing with them and doing the Operations.

4. The Operations and Flashpoints. The fights have just a ton of mechanics to them that make you really have to be on your toes to get it done in Operations. Flashpoints are for the most part really easy, but interesting stories.

5. I haven't leveled up any Republic characters passed 15, and I keep telling myself to work on them but there is still so much I want to accomplish on my main.

1) The Storylines. While I don't think SWTOR has any other MMO beat in it's story, I do think they have more of them. :p Sooo...I want to see the storylines first hand. Which means 8 play throughs. :p

2) It's not D&D fantasy like many other MMOs, even if it's basicly D&D with tech.

3) Legacy system! I love that I'm able to have all my characters connected in a family tree, even if I'm the only one who's really able to see it.

4) While it needs improved in some simple ways, it has an adequate diversity in clothing. If this means using the cartel marker, so be it (could be cheaper though, and without mods in them). I hate getting to max level and see everyone in the same outfit. Ruins a game for me.

5) I'm a believer that the game will only improve, even if it won't improve the way people want it to.

1) This is the only MMO with lightsabers

2) Immersive and well written story

3) Have been playing for a moth and have maybe explore 20-45% of each planet

4) The music mixing is a fantastic blend of every Star Wars song ever created along with the game's OST.

5) It's better than STO

SWTOR is my first MMO. Two months ago I installed WoW to check it out. It was lame.

People keep saying how great the voice acting is in SWTOR and I've always loved it but never had anything to compare it to. So I try WoW and everything is just text-box reading and I found myself underwhelmed to say the least.

Things mean so much more if you can emotionally invest in them and that's a great thing that SWTOR has going for it. I find it difficult to be dark side in some cases cuz the people beg and plead and I just can't go through with it. I would not feel this way just reading some text.

It's just a wonderful game!

1. Storylines - Superb. As well as being absorbing (and fully voiced), this content makes me feel attached to my character. Characters in some other MMORPGs feel a bit generic, and all I care about is getting my build right. The light / dark choices also affect the story and "who" my character is. I love the stories in most Bioware games, so it's exciting for me to see this quality in a MMORPG. Some of the quests are epic and give a real feeling of suspense. Planet quests as well as your individual story. Some of the planet storylines are quite interesting. And each planet feels so different. I have my favourite planets based on their atmosphere and story, and this makes the content highly replayable.

2. Companions - They aren't just a "pet" that follows you around. They all have a background story and you develop relationships with them through your interactions and by completing their quests. Some of them are really useful for completing solo content, or filling out a group. I have favourites but it's great to switch companions to find the one who is most useful for the particular quest I am on.

3. A variety of play-styles is accommodated - I love that I can complete most of the quests solo with my companion, but can bring along a friend if I want, and that there is multiplayer content for different group sizes. I don't PVP as I don't like it so can't comment on that content, but it's nice that it's so easy to avoid PVP. I love single player RPGs and a large proportion of the game content caters to this. I also enjoy 2 player co-op but have found that most of my favourite RPGs don't have this option, so SWTOR makes me very happy indeed.

4. Crafting - this is a really interesting feature of the game, and as other people have mentioned it is a mini-game in itself. Linking my choice of craft to the abilities of my crew to try to get more critical results, and how affection affects this too. Mixing crew missions with scavenging. The enjoyment of seeing a desired schematic or rare material drop. Choosing different skills for each of my characters, and sending things I have made to my different characters to create a feeling of self sufficiency.

5. Free to play - this has allowed friends that otherwise wouldn't have played to experience SWTOR. And share their experience with me.

1: Sith Warrior Pureblood

2: HM/NiM Operations provide good challenges

3: Star Wars in what is probably its darkest era, where Jedi commit genocide and those that survive are out for blood.

4: Guild

5: Structure and mechanics are good, yes there are bugs here and there, but easily overlooked.

There's nothing else out there worth playing.

Been here a week after it went live and in that time I've tried several MMO's including a closed beta one and didn't like any of them. So I stay here meanwhile.

I just wish they implement a lot more social options and of course, a new space system simialr to SWG. I like the game being I'm a Starwars fan but the devs seem to crawl on some of the more important things the game needs and players are clamoring for.

1.) The environment. The fact that its high tech and in space is a breath of fresh air from the old tired fantasy mmos with swords, shields, bows/arrows and magic.

2.) I've always loved star wars since I was a little kid. I love the whole lore and theme to it, republic vs. empire.

3.) The game play is fun. Partnering up with a couple friends and just dominating quests is extremely enjoyable.

4.) The fact that it's a western mmo. Honestly don't mean to hate on korean mmos, but I feel like I can never get into them. It seems to me like the art designers are more interested in drawing females with large breasts and wearing skimpy outfits then actually designing real characters.

5.) The story aspect of this game is just so good. When I get a character to level 50, and I finish my main story quest line, I often feel a little bummed because it's all over. I have to tip my hat to bioware on this one.

Edited by Jedirep

1) Haven't finished all class stories

2) No other story based MMO

3) I enjoy PvP (although I wish they would give it more attention)

I can't think of anything else. I am not really happy with the game right now but I don't have any good alternatives at the moment.

Edited by Pahomi

I only have one reason. I want to at least make a good attempt at completing the storyline for my character, even if the cloned WoW gameplay makes me want to knock myself unconscious just to stop feeling the pain that it inflicts upon me. That and I like twi'leks despite the fact their lekku have been neglected in armor design.

But I guess the real reason is that there isn't a whole lot out there at the moment. MMOs seem to be in limbo at the moment.

Edited by lobotaru