Tier 2.3 Gear Appearance is...

AshlaBoga

my theory is they actualy fired all of their art department and are now using rejected designs that didnt make it into the game at launch

really the only way 150-300M dev cost numbers make sense is if they allready have a boatload of content 5-10 yrs worth that they intend on just dribbling out

We would have heard about more content if that were true. They are using any little thing they have left in order to keep players engaged. They announced an expansion with no details because they don't have much to offer at the moment.

I agree with you about reject armor sets. However, there are many good ones I'm sure that will be released into the CM, like the recent Valiant Jedi set, that are also already made. Really bizarre these didn't make it into the original release, when it was thought players would stick around for years.

I recall reaching 50 for the first time and looking over the endgame sets and thinking, ***?!

Edited by arunav

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Gear Tiers:

1.1 = Tionese/Xenotech/Energized

1.2 = Columi/Exotech

1.3 = Rakata

2.1 = Campaign/Black Hole

2.2 = Dread Guard/Hazmat

2.3 = *dun dun dun*

THIS --> http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rise-of-hutt-cartel-2.jpg

#1 - Why does my Sorc have antenna in his helm? Am I hooked up to the holonet???

#2 - Why is the BH gear so very very ugly? Why BW, why do you hate BHs?

#3 - Why does my Sorc have a triangle on top of his head? Is that the Dark Side version of the Tri-Force? I thought this was Star Wars, not Legend of Zelda.

Will the rest of the forums please provide

#4-#9001?

the troper or whatever armor looks awesome. warrior is cool. rest is dumb looking

I... I quite like them, especially the agent gear. The Inquisitor gear is not that bad either as long as you hide the head gear.

Inquisitor and Sith Warrior looks decent, I hate the Agent gear, the 3 scopes on his head is just stupid looking... and the BH looks like some sort of chicken costume.

Another thing this design team has been detrimentally obsessed with is asymmetry. They're so frustratingly hipster and stray so far away from traditional design and want to be their own special little snowflake in the corner of this massive well-established IP. Edited by Sanctioned

Doesn't look so bad- long as you hide helmet... which I assume everyone is already since there's no such thing as good headgear (except for the headphone/mic thing Mako comes with... wouldn't mind an adaptable version of that).

What are you talking about? Uh, Mandalorian? Uh, trooper? :confused:

Doesn't look so bad- long as you hide helmet... which I assume everyone is already since there's no such thing as good headgear (except for the headphone/mic thing Mako comes with... wouldn't mind an adaptable version of that).

What your talking about is actually imperial cunning headgear. It's not just for Mako, it also goes on agents, vette, quinn, etc...

You could even put it on a bounty hunter, although statwise it would be mostly useless.

Curious, what style are you looking for? What artwork or information are you baseing your style of armor or clothing off of? You can't be baseing it off the movies we all know.

SWTOR is what... 2000 years prior to those movies? How does anyone know what they were wearing back then?

Curious, what style are you looking for? What artwork or information are you baseing your style of armor or clothing off of? You can't be baseing it off the movies we all know.

SWTOR is what... 2000 years prior to those movies? How does anyone know what they were wearing back then?

The matter is that people came to like Star Wars for how it is known.

Surely, makes sense it is completely different some thousands of years before the main saga, but that is not what people want. People want to look like those iconic guys like all the Jedi in both the original and the prequels or the Sith in both.

There is clearly room for both design directions, however, somehow BW is failing to see that and is priorizing the Space WoW design, which albeit valid, is being overused in disregard of other styles.

Are you serious? Look at any "canon" star wars comic or book... go to wookipedia and search for exar kun, uliq kel droma, nomi sunrider...none of the ancient sith or jedis used to be dressed like clowns or superheroes.

Just naga sadow or Marka Ragnos in the ancient times, when the very first sith empire where built, many milenia before this time line, used egiptian looks and even those ancient costumes was much more cool than the 60's superhero crap that Biofail is selling us.

The problem with this game is people who don't know a single F. about SW, just like the devs.

SW is much more than lightsabers and blasters.

Edited by _Zhatan_
typo

• 3 weeks later...
There may have been a post about this but i havent seen one so here we are.

If you go to the http://www.swtor.com/rothc page and look at the in-game screenshots one of them seems to have some, if not the new Sorc/Assassin Gear.

Most of the peices can easily be seen and IMO its another failure like Swamp Monster,

Any thoughts if it is the armor, and what ya think of it.

Consolidating WillHolmes's new thread into my own.

And my thought? The BH is going ****-a-doodle-doo! And the Sorc is apparently Triangle Man.