Bubble stun and logic...

UGLYMRJ

at 1329 expertise i just got force sweeped for 7129

tell me how bubble stun is a bigger issue

and why do mara's and juggs who easily output the best burst in pvp need an execute?

does that 7k smash really need to be followed bya 5k execute?

Edited by wwkingms

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Bubble Stun was meant to give Healer/Hybrid Sorcs more survivability by having it stun whoever is close to the Sorc for a small amount of Resolve.

SO WHY DOES IT WORK WITH EVERYONE ELSE THAT THE SORC USES IT ON?

So I guess because Sorcs are soooo bad at healing or dpsing, you help everyone else's survivability on that Sorcs team by now anyone within 30 meters of the Sorc being eligible to have more survivability.

I think a Logic Train just ran whoever thought of this or "miscoded" Bubble stun.

If you really need Sorcs to be better as healers in pvp, give them a skill that they have to use before a cast that uses force to make their skills uninterruptable.

Ever since 1.2 sorcs had been saying how easy they are to kill and how little damage they do as such a squishy class- and everyone knows they're always the first target because they are such an easy kill, especially with more than one dps on them.

What was the response every time? 'Run through your teammates, use your team to protect yourself a sorc isn't supposed to be decent 1v1 because it is a group utility class'- well, now we can run through our team and use our team to protect ourselves- as was helpfully suggested to us by marauders mostly- and we can actually use our team to protect ourselves- rather than relying entirely on another player trying to peel for us to survive. Nobody wants to bring a class they have to babysit in RWZ- but with bubble stun, I can babysit myself.

If people think nerfing this won't effect sorc survivability they are completely wrong- this is most of our survivability in team vs team pvp as a healer- it certainly isn't our only mez with a cast time in a game that's also single target, it isn't our zero defensives keeping us alive, it isn't us having to deal massive amounts of damage to ourselves to regenerate force, it isn't a KB which can now be easily juked by simply running in and out of the sorc-

Our CC is often ignored by shadows, so they get through to us easy. PTs have an easy counter to our KB and speed, and can pop our bubble at a distance with easy anyway. Mara can shut down any damage we try to deal back, and chain interrupt our casts with leap and interrupt- can stun counter KB, then mez counter speed or root leap it- or deadly throw if carnage.

It is extremely easy to counter our survival based CDs- and then outdamaging us is a cinch. The stun bubble's what we have right now to fulfill that role- that everyone else was saying was supposed to be our place- as group utility.

Now that we have group utility- everyone is furious we have group utility- just can't win can we?

Ya- stun bubbles are annoying- but so is being root locked through white resolve only to get stun locked again- yet bring that annoyance up and it's totally fine because it's melee classes that are the ones able to do it.

In short BW said we are going to take it away from being casted on others but they know sorc sages are not valuable to teams with out it. They said they need to come up with another way for sorcs to be valuable to a team when the team bubble stun is removed.

They are going to nerf the class and admitted it. Expect sorcs to get some power back and when that happens. I am personally coming after all you complaining jumping leaping jimmy supa fly snuka 3 button smashing complainers.

Smart smashers need to aim for a big group and aoe force sweep to remove the bubbles. That's the counter to the bubble.

Smashers shouldn't complain about anything right now.

I also feel the frustration with bioware on the design of the tk/lightning spec the class shouldn't have the rely on a stun mechanic in order to be viable especially when resolve can completely negate that ability. The bubble should just explode for large amounts of dmg because cast times are insane.

At this point the dmg is done the stun will be remove from other players all we can hope for is quality of life fix.

Drasticly Reduce the cooldown on alacrity mentality

Increase the chance of disturbance firing off 2 shots to 100%

Increase the dmg on quake

Right now I am not happy with the state of tk sage but I still play it if the chances in 1.7 are not good enough I will drop that toon altogether

I'm posting this here because I just saw it today for the first time. I think it was posted on a severe delay so many people missed it.

It sounds like they will take away the group support function of the stun bubble, but the bolded part makes it sound like they have no plans to change the click-off stun-on-demand and the improper resolve. IMO that is the opposite of what they should be doing.

Well...I hope when they do decide to nerf the Static Barrier...they do something to make my sorcerer a viable AC or otherwise, there's no more need for me to play in PvP with her again. Simple as that. I'll retire my sorcerer from PvP just as I did my Marauder since its useless to use in PvP now since 1.4.

I've played 5 or so games this week in which I didnt bubble up all my team mates. The enemies were dinging 1 million on the scoreboard in two of those games, something that has never happened, or even been close, in games where I've used the bubble.

The bubble isnt the problem, it's the solution to it.

at 1329 expertise i just got force sweeped for 7129

tell me how bubble stun is a bigger issue

and why do mara's and juggs who easily output the best burst in pvp need an execute?

does that 7k smash really need to be followed bya 5k execute?

for starters, you're a sitting duck for that smash/sweep while stunned.

Lol complaining about bubble our thing that makes us viable, while I get smashed for over 7k even with 1.2k expertise? You guys are too much. If bioware takes it away without giving us a buff to other things then they might as well disable our ability to join war zones.

But bioware generally has done nothing but screw us over more and more since launch, so I likely wouldn't be surprised.

The only logical explanation that I can come up with is that they needed an indirect way of nerfing melee (read: smashers). Because that's essentially what it is. No one asked for it, sorcs/sages wanted other things yet here we are.

And it is IMO the only thing that is preventing smashers from reaching 1 million on a game to game basis. I never see them pull off huge numbers when I'm playing as a heal hybrid but when I spec for dps and can't afford to throw bubbles on everyone, or simply cant be bothered with having to wait for the CD'es, the damage is instantly going up.

Edited by Washingtoon

Well...I hope when they do decide to nerf the Static Barrier...they do something to make my sorcerer a viable AC or otherwise, there's no more need for me to play in PvP with her again. Simple as that. I'll retire my sorcerer from PvP just as I did my Marauder since its useless to use in PvP now since 1.4.

uh...what? none of that is true. sorcs are excellent healers. there's a hybrid involving madness that does killer dmg and can kite (doesn't need bubble). and carnage mara is the single most important dps in the game. and...uh...good carnage will drop any target before any smasher can.

For once me and UGLY are on the same page :D. The ability to give "bubbles with stuns" for an entire team is .... a bit over the top ;). Let's sum up , a protection shield of around 4K (maybe more if specced) that absorbs all types of damage that gives every member of the team another hard stun (on break on or demand) and builds very little resolve. To make matter worse with the current match making you may come across a team that has 2 or more stun bubble spammers which is 2Xa bit over the top :p.

My uneducated suggestion on how to alleviate the issue is to make the stun available only for the casters bubble. Maybe lower the skill tier to 2nd row of the skill tree so that the squishy full healer can get it as a defensive perk, maybe.

I've played 5 or so games this week in which I didnt bubble up all my team mates. The enemies were dinging 1 million on the scoreboard in two of those games, something that has never happened, or even been close, in games where I've used the bubble.

The bubble isnt the problem, it's the solution to it.

I see. Preventing people form PVP-ing is the solution to better PVP? :eek: ...hang on ... that does not compute :D

I had stopped playing on my sorc for a while because of the DerpSmashers. It was impossible to heal in a group where 4 smashers jump me at every possible moment.

With Bubble Stun they jump and get stunned so I can escape and heal the team. If you want to nerf it, make it so that it applies only on the sorcerer himself. Don't leave us exposed to FOTM 12 year olds who spam two buttons in the entire WZ.

Lol complaining about bubble our thing that makes us viable, while I get smashed for over 7k even with 1.2k expertise? You guys are too much. If bioware takes it away without giving us a buff to other things then they might as well disable our ability to join war zones.

But bioware generally has done nothing but screw us over more and more since launch, so I likely wouldn't be surprised.

You forgot to say that it's 7k for each smasher, thus 3 are enough to down most sorcerers. People complaining about bubble stun should roll sorcerer and actually TRY to heal their team.

I still want some kind of way to discern if popping the bubble will stun me or not. Ridiculous that there isn't anything on the buff bar or some kind of different look to the bubble.

Even if you pop it in melee range to "test" you don't always know who it came from! :rolleyes:

uh...what? none of that is true. sorcs are excellent healers. there's a hybrid involving madness that does killer dmg and can kite (doesn't need bubble). and carnage mara is the single most important dps in the game. and...uh...good carnage will drop any target before any smasher can.

Foxmob, I'm a pure Lightning Spec'd Sorcerer. I abhor using hybrids. To use one dilutes my abilities, namely using Thundering Blast and having the ability to generate a lot of damage from Forked Lightning and Conduction. This also includes losing Reverberating Force which increases critical damage of Affliction, Chain Lightning, and Thundering Blast by 50%. A Hybrid build does not allow me this. So the use of my Static Barrier is essential to my survival. They nerf it in a manner that it does not do what it does now without a solid buff for increasing DPS, then my Sorcerer is unusable for anything other than being a target for some Jedi /Shadow/Trooper/Smuggler's medal farming.

As for my Marauder, she is nothing more than a glass cannon. Without a dedicated healer, I cannot last long enough to get though my rotation in Annihilation. I use that because I find it generates far more damage than using Carnage. Case in point, while attempting to burn down an equally geared healing Sage while spec'd Carnage (I was in fully augmented BM gear), I could not generate enough DPS to kill the sage, even with Bloodthirst up! That was the final straw for me using Carnage. With Annihilation, I could kill a healing Sage if I had a healer behind me. However, having a healer on the Imperial side on Jedi Covenant is a rare commodity. Unlike the Pubs who have 3 or 4 healers on average in a warzone. So now my Marauder is retired from PvP and I only use for crafting (Artifice) and running Ops and dailies for credits, nothing more nothing less.

I'm a pure Lightning Spec'd Sorcerer.

So now my Marauder is retired from PvP and I only use for crafting (Artifice) and running Ops and dailies for credits, nothing more nothing less.

Did you say you shelved your marauder for your lightning sorc? :eek:

Are you for seriousing me?

Many have claimed that the bubble is a survival tool for a sage/sorc when the truth of the matter is, without the new resolve system this would be as harmful as the Easter bunny. Resolve works as intended, therefore, the jugg that is gonna smash you for 7k needs the extra stun as he is very squishy and defenceless :rolleyes:.

The PvP team is bad, and has always been bad, and don't have the slightest clue on what players want.

We have Roleplaying Devs at the helm of PvP, not legitimate PvP developers.

Sad, I know.

I don't think so, we haven't gotten any decent rp issues fixed either, and no facial expressions don't count.

...no smash temptation to dish out the 30k dmg per hit? :rolleyes:

Naw, I enjoy the challenge of running a true spec'd character that has to work for his/her WZ comms, not given through the Monty Hall method of FOTM specs. Besides, it takes no imagination, ingenuity, or learning ability to use a spec that does nothing but run around juming up and down screaming 'Hulk Smash.' I'll leave that to those enjoy riding the short bus. ;)

What is crazy to me is how all 8 classes are actually very well balanced for certain logical roles. Also the only problem is when groups of them are together and this has been a problem in every mmo I have played and so I can't fault them too much for this.

Also, huttball was an extremely good idea and the best instanced pvp zone I have ever played in imo.

Since this is the case I would think the pvp devs were very competent. However, the pvp updates just get worse and worse lol. I guess they fired all of the good ones.

I still don't understand how anyone can honestly claim Merc/Commando is very well balanced for any logical role.

On topic, bubble stuns are annoying as hell, but there's no doubt that they're the only thing that pretends to be a counter to smashers. Until they nerf that spec to bring it in line with everyone else, they should leave bubble stun alone. Hell make it generate zero resolve and stun for 8 seconds on any warrior specced focus. At least bubbles make a viable reason to bring ranged DPS into PVP.

Both are broken, but if you don't nerf smashers, you shouldn't nerf bubble stuns.

At least there's been dev responses on this issue. The servers will probably shut down before Commando gets a buff.

Make it so only one person can be bubbled at a time...in PvE the tank will get it.....in PvP you put it on urself unless you want to die from an op/sin. And sorc/sages that are thinking butbutbut. No dont even start with 1 bubble sage/sorc on the team you collective HP goes up by 24k. Right now and you totally shut down any melee champs cause it takes 4 bubble to get the bar full that 12 secs 12 *********** secs 12 secs. On my GS i have a 6 sec mez that almost fills the damn bar with 1 use and its AoE :eek: that means ur getting the same amout of stun for half the resolve in. When 2 people do the same amount of work and one person gets less then the other we call that favortisim.