So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

I'm pretty excited about it and 5 new levels is not too bad but my current only real worry about the digital expansion is talent trees. Are they going to revamp them, tweak them a little or are we just going to get 5 more talent points?

So much more information I need and it's just not there yet. So I must wait.

We did get some piece of information regarding that, today:

We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

although of course it's still not much.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did get some piece of information regarding that, today:

although of course it's still not much.

I'm actually OK with that.

While the talent trees will mainly be the same, there will be some tweaking and we will gain 5 more talent points and a new actively used skill and it seems they have no plans to revamp them entirely.

That I can live with for now and still know it could change before release. :)

Edited by Quraswren

I think a Bioware dev said something along the lines that they were not sure yet if they would charge for Makeb or not because of it being such a big chunk of content. I'm sure its in the dev tracker history.

Yes, you're right. The relevant dev tracker has already been cited in this thread several times. No one has cited any source that definitively promised Makeb as part of a "free" content update (meaning free to subscribers). They did say they were aiming for 2012, but I don't think anyone has provided the actual proof that they promised it would be released in 2012, they've only stated that the proof is out there. Well, if it's out there, find it, link it, and prove it.

As for saying they were aiming for Makeb in 2012, well...deadlines shift constantly in MMOs. /shrug. They've shown a good content patch rate the last 3 months. If they can keep it up, then I'll be very pleased. The previous content patch rate was absurdly slow. If they keep up the current rate, I'll readily forgive them missing 2012 release for Makeb.

They always stated they were not sure whether to charge for it or not.. its alot of content

They haven't always. Original interviews about it said it would be free, then they changed to we're rethinking that.

"alot" is subjective. Truth is no one other than BioWare/EA knows how much it is right now and everyone is assuming not knowing how much it actually is.

i want explenation, why you decide to make makeb patch a formal dlc if you say before that it will be free ?:rak_02:

You don't want an explanation. You want to troll. People have already linked proof that Makeb was NEVER promised as free, rather they specifically said that it MAY or MAY NOT be free. I imagine people here could provide all the "explenations" they can find, and you'll still refuse to accept them.

They haven't always. Original interviews about it said it would be free, then they changed to we're rethinking that.

Pics or it didn't happen. There has been proof linked in other threads that they didn't promise it for free. I haven't seen any yet where they promised it would be.

Edited by Eldrenath

i want explenation, why you decide to make makeb patch a formal dlc if you say before that it will be free ?:rak_02:

Begone with this thread and get to the 1000+ post thread about the same thing that you could have easy seen on the front page with pretty much any and all information on whatever side you want to choose.

Reported.

Here is a quote from the SWTOR website that annouced the 1.3 update:

"With this update, we’ve hit the halfway mark of this year. In that time we’ve released the Legacy system, Group Finder, Guild Banks, Interface Customization and many other game systems, alongside new playable content including Operations, Flashpoints and Warzones. But we have a lot more coming in the second half of 2012. You'll see familiar faces such as HK-51, fly in new space missions, and encounter new Operations, Warzones and a brand new world called Makeb that will allow players to gain new levels. And that’s only the things we’ve talked about so far."

Why would they include Makeb in yhe above statement if they planned on chaging for it? So now we get to wait until spring of 2013 to get content that was promised for the second half of 2012, and we get to pay for it's late delivery. How can anybody possibly be upset about that? Better yet, why are so many people defending EA/Bioware on this one?

Here is a quote from the SWTOR website that annouced the 1.3 update:

"With this update, we’ve hit the halfway mark of this year. In that time we’ve released the Legacy system, Group Finder, Guild Banks, Interface Customization and many other game systems, alongside new playable content including Operations, Flashpoints and Warzones. But we have a lot more coming in the second half of 2012. You'll see familiar faces such as HK-51, fly in new space missions, and encounter new Operations, Warzones and a brand new world called Makeb that will allow players to gain new levels. And that’s only the things we’ve talked about so far."

Why would they include Makeb in yhe above statement if they planned on chaging for it? So now we get to wait until spring of 2013 to get content that was promised for the second half of 2012, and we get to pay for it's late delivery. How can anybody possibly be upset about that? Better yet, why are so many people defending EA/Bioware on this one?

Yeah gata agree with you there.