BUG: Revan's Robes

Aelther

Be careful, they're being vague about which issue he's talking about.

On the "Known Issues" thread, it's listed as:

•Revan's Robes do not have the correct appearance when equipped.

It's not clear whether they're referring to the clipping issue, the double-hood issue, or that they got caught recoloring random robes and calling them "Revan's"

Be careful about their promises. They promised us "Revan's" armor, and this is what we got.

I'm 90% sure they are talking about the skirt, because the skirt IS called Revan's Robes. (while chest is called Revan's Chest Plate and mask is called Revan's Mask). So it does not look vague to me...

Edited by Aelther

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.

When you are going to fix it BW, can you please give me an answer if THIS will be fixed as well?

Hey everyone, thank you for pointing this out. We're going to work on a solution to this, but know that it will take a bit of time for it to arrive in a patch. In the meantime, we've added this to our Known Issues. Thank you for your patience.

Does that include:

It's not a bug but a design oversight! A bug are the two hoods (one is clipping thru the cowl on the back!) on the Revan's chestplate haha.

?

Hey everyone, thank you for pointing this out. We're going to work on a solution to this, but know that it will take a bit of time for it to arrive in a patch. In the meantime, we've added this to our Known Issues. Thank you for your patience.

Ok, two things Joveth. This isn't a bug hunt. As someone who has fixed an issue like this before, it doesn't take nearly any time for a seasoned pro to fix an issue like this so suggesting that it's gonna take time to show up in some future patch is sad.

Second, I've been trying to point out clipping issues in this stupid game for like 8 months and you guys not only never respond, none of the issues I've pointed out have ever been fixed. How long have you people known about speeder bike cape clipping for example, possibly the most visible clipping in the whole game and yet have done nothing.

You know what, I think I understand why you guys don't talk to us. It isn't because we're rude or don't deserve it. It's because you can't make any promises and you can't talk about anything. Basically, you're zip-tied with duck tape over your mouth by EA and have been given a job to do with no actual freedom to do it. You can't talk about anything, you have no answers about anything, everything is always coming soon or off in the distant future when robots rule the Earth.

If you guys can't get a simple clipping issue fixed by the very next patch, then hire more people for crying out loud and if you can't afford it, then tell the board of EA directors to take a pay cut since looking at their stock, they aren't doing their jobs at all.

Edited by Elfa

Can you please make sure this includes the up hood and down hood clipping (you may have to make the uphood larger to fix this) and also the mask clipping through the up hood on male body type 3?

in my opinion the mask is spot on.

the robes are nice and i would like them in the game, but they are not revans robes.

these are revans robes and what they should look like.

http://www.swingtimeorchestra.com/darth_revan.jpg

:rolleyes:

maybe also add revans belt as it seems to look pretty unique ? :p just a thought.

http://athalran.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/revan.jpg

Wher did you get that picture? Revan has a green saber in it with an asteroid behind him... Doesnt he have a purple one in the foundry?

Yes he has a purple one, but it was hard to find a screenshot with his robe showing, (usually all of them are only showing him above the waist) so I just used whichever I could find that showed what I wanted to show.

Also according to Wookieepedia his lightsaber was green, he only changed it to purple when he travelled to the foundry.

Anyway, found another image http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120520103151/starwars/images/2/26/RevanFinalDuel01.jpg with a purple lightsaber if you somehow think my original screenshot was fake... And you can still see that the Cartel robe is wrong..

Edited by Aelther

Wher did you get that picture? Revan has a green saber in it with an asteroid behind him... Doesnt he have a purple one in the foundry?

Actully that screenshot is from beta, during beta Revan had a green saber but a lot of fans complained as the only source of him using a green saber is the cover of the Revan novel.

A lot of sources say he wields a Blue or Purple saber i believe.

EDIT: heres a bit from the wiki

"Revan wielded a violet-bladed lightsaber when he acquired his trademark helmet on Cathar.[21] By the end of the Mandalorian Wars, however, Revan's lightsaber shined a deep cyan.[6] Upon falling to the dark side of the Force and becoming a Sith Lord, he would change his lightsaber color to crimson.[7] Following his capture, reconstruction and redemption, Revan would once again utilize a blue lightsaber crystal in his fight against Malak and the Sith.[6][35] After the end of the war he switched to a green lightsaber which he used during his journey to the Unknown Regions.[2] After his awakening from stasis, he once again wielded a violet lightsaber."

Edited by Zeeke

Actully that screenshot is from beta, during beta Revan had a green saber but a lot of fans complained as the only source of him using a green saber is the cover of the Revan novel.

A lot of sources say he wields a Blue or Purple saber i believe.

EDIT: heres a bit from the wiki

"Revan wielded a violet-bladed lightsaber when he acquired his trademark helmet on Cathar.[21] By the end of the Mandalorian Wars, however, Revan's lightsaber shined a deep cyan.[6] Upon falling to the dark side of the Force and becoming a Sith Lord, he would change his lightsaber color to crimson.[7] Following his capture, reconstruction and redemption, Revan would once again utilize a blue lightsaber crystal in his fight against Malak and the Sith.[6][35] After the end of the war he switched to a green lightsaber which he used during his journey to the Unknown Regions.[2] After his awakening from stasis, he once again wielded a violet lightsaber."

Kinda love how we still have screenshots of Beta Revan with non messed up green shade. Pretty sure that one thread is correct about there being a patch that messed up the shades of saber colors. ( This Patch happened during beta. )

Edited by JediMasterRevan

I'm sure this already got addressed in the many posts I didn't read but...

First off learn what "bug" means. There is no bug here. They didn't design the outfit one way then it accidentally changed it's appearance.

Also, Revan could easily have worn many different outfits in fact I bet he did. My father has a Peyton Manning shirt from when he played for the Colts...that doesn't mean people wearing the Bronco's version are "bugged.

Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.

I actually think it's feasible that they originally intended a different look...perhaps they built a unique robe or found one in game that was much closer than this one and when it was applied a slipup somewhere applied the robe we see instead.

The thing is though, you're not Revan. Sure the lower robe doesn't look great, and really could be replaced with other robes, but I think the more different it is, the better.

Then don't call it 'Revan's'. And if you want to use different robe, no one is holding a blaster to your head and forcing you to use it. So no need to start opposing the request to fix this issue. Many people want the real Revan's robe, not this re-colored Investigator's robe.

I'm sure this already got addressed in the many posts I didn't read but...

First off learn what "bug" means. There is no bug here. They didn't design the outfit one way then it accidentally changed it's appearance.

Also, Revan could easily have worn many different outfits in fact I bet he did. My father has a Peyton Manning shirt from when he played for the Colts...that doesn't mean people wearing the Bronco's version are "bugged.

I know it's not a bug, but it is still a mistake, because someone accidentally put the wrong robe. I used a word bug to attract more attention.

And if there was no mistake, then BW would not have put this into 'known issues' section. Yes of course he wore many different clothes, however when you think of Revan's Outfit, you think on the classic one from all the cutscenes and about the one he wears in game.

My Revan in KOTOR even wore some Mandalorian armor, so do we have to rename Mandalorian armor to Revan's armor now? Stop trolling.

Edited by Aelther

I actually think it's feasible that they originally intended a different look...perhaps they built a unique robe or found one in game that was much closer than this one and when it was applied a slipup somewhere applied the robe we see instead.

I suspect it's a recoloured version of the "Investigator's Robe". That explains the wrong style bottom piece & the chest piece sharing the same double-hood error.

This image shows the double-hood clipping I & others have been referring to. #1 is the correct model, #2 & #3 (Revan & Investigator respectively) are bugged; very hard to stop noticing once you've seen it.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2622/doublehood.png

Edited by MrRuck

I suspect it's a recoloured version of the "Investigator's Robe". That explains the wrong style bottom piece & the chest piece sharing the same double-hood error.

Well it pretty much IS a recoloured version of the "Investigator's Robe". They could have just ripped the set straight from an NPC and there wouldn't have been any problems at all. But at least they know the error now.

I purchased revans gear from the gtn... but instantly i noticed that something was off with the lower robe.. so i went into the foundry to fight with revan.. before starting the fight i zoomed in on him and his lower robe looked nothing at all like what revan was wearing please fix this!

also why did you only add mask , chest and legs? please finish the set and put it into the cartel packs

head

chest

legs

hands

feet

and belt would be nice too since revans belt in the foundry is unique looking

help me bioware... you my only hope :[

Edited by DarthMetalJoey
adding more

Maybe somebody already asked this, but what happens to the folks who actually like the robes as they appear now?

I fully recognize that some people want 100% fully authentic genuine KOTOR Revan robes. However, some of us got these robes because we thought they looked better than many of the alternatives. So are we now to end up with changed robes, which don't match what we originally purchased off the GTN for their looks?

Please Bioware, I ask you to consider this before you start tinkering with the existing mesh.

Maybe somebody already asked this, but what happens to the folks who actually like the robes as they appear now?

I fully recognize that some people want 100% fully authentic genuine KOTOR Revan robes. However, some of us got these robes because we thought they looked better than many of the alternatives. So are we now to end up with changed robes, which don't match what we originally purchased off the GTN for their looks?

Please Bioware, I ask you to consider this before you start tinkering with the existing mesh.

If they fix Unify Colors too, Muse & Investigator lower robes would look identical with Revan's Chest Plate.

I fully recognize that some people want 100% fully authentic genuine KOTOR Revan robes. However, some of us got these robes because we thought they looked better than many of the alternatives.

Realise that those 'some' people also paid money and did not get what they wanted, and I really think that ~70% of people did not even notice that the robe is wrong and will not notice if they fix it, ~20% did notice that it's wrong and want the 100% real thing and only ~10% like it as it is.

If they fix Unify Colors too, Muse & Investigator lower robes would look identical with Revan's Chest Plate.

Exactly

Edited by Aelther

I also miss his cape from Kotor... what kind of Revan robe is this without the cape...

Not only that the type 3 body bug it needs to be fixed.

How can they let this oversight happen?! not to mentiom his story and of the exile but that its another talk.

Edited by Spartanik

As stated on another post,

I will continue to bring the " Hoodgate" fiasco to the attention of Bioware until its fully resolved.

I cannot understand how some of us purchased your cartel packs in order to receive this product and it turned out be broken.

Maybe it was advertised as being broken? We for what we paid for?