The Death of the Class Story - Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel

CelCawdro

Hi Goretzu, I'm gonna take back what I said about Jump to Lightspeed. Not happening. :p

I hoped that the old new space missions was a hint at a possible new expansion but I don't believe they will redo all of space by now. Hoped for it though! :)

Yeah I think it's looking increasingly unlikely. :(

I suspect the SSSP is a 2 or 4 player co-op on-the-rails for release in 2014.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think it's looking increasingly unlikely. :(

I suspect the SSSP is a 2 or 4 player co-op on-the-rails for release in 2014.

The "Secret" in the "Super Secret Space Project" is that it dosen't exist (anymore with the advent of F2P).

I pretty much wrote off the idea we'd see a continuation of class stories before they even went F2P. FFS they can't even give us dual speccing or one stinkin new playable race in a year, or give us an update on the SSSP.

Agreed. I often think G is right and that this game has gone the way of WAR and is in maintenance mode. :cool:

Seriously? The devs just finished doing the F2P, Cartel Market, Cartel Market Updates, HK-51, New Operation, New PvP Warzone and 6 new Ship Heroics within the span of less than 3 months. And Makeb is coming out in 1-2 months and the game is going down the drain?

Oh I forgot they added a whole new area for dailys and a bunch of other stuff...

Edited by kamed
forgot to add something

Now they are punishing people for playing alts. Oh the irony.

I play this game like KOTOR 3.

I love the storyline. I really can't get enough of it. Not really into PvP or "end game". I just want to level my alt to 50 and do the story then make a new one.

WoW has basically said you will not level alts because it will be painful and I sure hope the same thing doesn't happen here.

No story? All I have to say to that is this, no subscription. All I ever wanted to see was more class and companion stories for all the classes...if this isn't going to happen, I guess after my next sub runs out, that's it. Pity I didnt know this a couple of days ago.:mad:

No story? All I have to say to that is this, no subscription. All I ever wanted to see was more class and companion stories for all the classes...if this isn't going to happen, I guess after my next sub runs out, that's it. Pity I didnt know this a couple of days ago.:mad:

You are aware that this is speculation right?

I'm starting to think the SWTOR story arc is becoming an allegory for the development of the game.

• The Rakghoul plague killed off half the development team.
  • The Grand Acquisition Race kicked off a hunt to figure out how to make money off repurposed content.
  • The Gree opened a portal unleashing terrible horrors on the galaxy (see Czerka LD-1 Celebrator).
  • And now, with Rise of the Hutt Cartel we'll have an expansion that focuses on the currency of its namesake; cartel coins.

There you have it. The story of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Edited by Drebs

I'm more curious if this kills any chance at new classes and class stories. I'd like the chance to play a Lightsaber/Blaster Force User, maybe ex-Jedi/Sith whos become a Smuggler/Pirate. Someone who isn't bound purely by the Jedi's code or the Sith's (for the most part) kill em all for the sake of bloodsake psychopathic code. :p

I'm more curious if this kills any chance at new classes and class stories. I'd like the chance to play a Lightsaber/Blaster Force User, maybe ex-Jedi/Sith whos become a Smuggler/Pirate. Someone who isn't bound purely by the Jedi's code or the Sith's (for the most part) kill em all for the sake of bloodsake psychopathic code. :p

As much as I hate that class stories are unlikely to continue separately, I actually believe that this would make new classes much more likely. Previously, a new class would entail an ongoing increased workload after the initial invest. That doesn't hold as true anymore.

That being said, I don't think a class such as the one you outline would be likely - not iconic enough to the franchise. I wouldn't mind, however, if you gave this a read and tell me what you think about it. I believe that this is the most likely "new class," if we ever get one.

You are aware that this is speculation right?

There is no class story on Makeb Bioware EA have stated that.

If Chapter 4 is on Makeb, it's not Class story in the context we have been used to L1-50.

Edited by Goretzu

I only read the first page of comments or so, so I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but did anyone stop to think how this would be structured? Lets imagine that chapter 4 is 'Rise of the Hutt Cartel' for each class, just for sake of argument. That doesn't mean that everyone has the same quests. Trooper's might be going after a secret Cartel/Empire group, Smugglers might decide to ditch the republic for a while and work for the Hutts, Agents might have to infiltrate the cartel to steer them toward the Empire, etc. Just because everyone's chapter 4 revolves around the Hutts, that doesn't mean everyone's chapter 4 is the same.

As much as I hate that class stories are unlikely to continue separately, I actually believe that this would make new classes much more likely. Previously, a new class would entail an ongoing increased workload after the initial invest. That doesn't hold as true anymore.

That being said, I don't think a class such as the one you outline would be likely - not iconic enough to the franchise. I wouldn't mind, however, if you gave this a read and tell me what you think about it. I believe that this is the most likely "new class," if we ever get one.

Lightsaber/Blaster wielding Force User, it's the most iconic of Jedis! It's Luke Skywalker! The one Jedi who didn't follow the code as strict as the Jedi Order would want, even when he tried (I believe he tried...been awhile since I read the books).

Not to mention, while I don't know how popular he is, but Corran Horn from the EU, I thought had some popularity.

Lightsaber/Blaster wielding Force User, it's the most iconic of Jedis! It's Luke Skywalker! The one Jedi who didn't follow the code as strict as the Jedi Order would want, even when he tried (I believe he tried...been awhile since I read the books).

Not to mention, while I don't know how popular he is, but Corran Horn from the EU, I thought had some popularity.

To be fair, those characters arose out of an era when just when what it meant to be a "Jedi" was being rediscovered - the old traditions were lost, and had to be rediscovered. In this particular era, Force-using traditions are firmly entrenched.

That would be a right shame. Class story is what keeps me in the game.

Same here, me and a friend are doing the 8 stories, they have all been good, stil got one more to do, after that, if they have not added something to the game thats intrests us, or no hope of class story, I figure our days in TOR will be over, unless they can give us some things to do while they work on new content, I can only raid and pvp so much, and daily quests, I get bored pretty fast with daily quests, We have been taking our sweet time to, we only play about 2 hours a day.. /sigh

Edited by kevlarto