HK-51 gear package

MouseNoFour

And why should his gear scale? No other companion gear scales. It is your own job to gear him up with appropriate gear.

Let's not dumb the game down with stupid scales. I've already seen that happen with Mass effect and Dragon Age.

You should be happy that you are in control of his gear and not BioWare.

I totally agree with you.

Unless you are a hardcore gamer or unemployed, a casual has little to no shot at every aquiring this companion.

The mindless searching for droid parts that respawn in random locations set alarm bells ringing for me.

I did try it over 2 days with 4-5 hours of searching and managed to get the first part that can be purchased from the pvp vendor and found another from the locations from the internet. The ones in the republic and empire Jedi ruins were terrible. With a group of 3 players canvasing the area grid searching, nothing turned up after 2 hours ( 4 hours total in both places )....

We were later told that the parts respawn can actually bug out and can not be found until server resets.

I canceled my subscription.

The mission to get this droid is the biggest crock of **** I have come across since the old school " How to become a Jedi in 6 years of real time" in the old star wars online game.

EA can kiss my arse, they turned my fun time in SWTOR into frustration and hating the game. Good luck with it.

To all those that already have the HK51 droid, good for you, you obviously have more time to waste than I do.

You approached the HK quest very wrong, then. It took a total of, perhaps, 5 hours to do the whole thing. I did it across 3 nights if I remember correctly.

Yes, the Jedi/Sith temple searches took the longest, but both were done in about 20 minutes for me. I didn't have a group with me, just asked for one in general chat. 3-4 of us found the parts in said time.

This game has been out a quite a while, and HM flashpoints are all on farm mode for most people. You don't need good gear for them - just use the recruit PvP gear if you don't have anything better. And, as another poster stated, the chances that the others in your group are way over-geared for HM MP/Foundry are very high.

In short, and I am being polite in suggesting this, you were going about the quest wrong somehow. It wasn't hard to do. The only thing that I was upset about was it bugged out on my first character.

Try looking up the locations on Dulfy's site for HK's parts. It makes the quest go by rather quickly. Unlike most people, I didn't think the quest was all that great, except for the Section X and spooky ship portions. But I LOVE HK on my tank character. It will be really fun to do future content with him.

Edited by arunav

Wha...? Let's clear this up. The HK hunt was not for the hardcore. HM flashpoints are not for the hardcore. As you progress and get better gear it makes things easier, but as a fresh 50, as long as you have level 50 mods its more than doable. Besides, you aren't going in there alone. :D

The point is going to be moot with 1.6 anyway. Every 50 will be able to get a full set of Tionese gear.

I am a casual player and enjoyed every second of it.

You can't be serious.

Foundry/Maelstrom HM is incredibly simple--Easier than the Story mode at level 37 for sure--suffice to say that the chances of the other three people in your random group being full Columi to Campaign Geared is rather high.

The locations of the parts are all mapped out. It's just the matter of waiting.

It's not that you can't do it, it's that you don't want to, and you'd rather blame the system for your own faults.

What do you not understand about not having the time for this?

I work and have a family, I can not and do not want to spend 2 hours + searching for a buggy droid part/parts.

The mission is not easy if it is bugged/parts reset etc.

Locations on the internet...really, maybe for a couple. Most of the threads I read were " search the general area".

2 hours later nothing.

Guys in chat saying ": oh yeah I can find that in less than 15 minutes ".... 2 hours later nothing ( they even joined my group)

So, I will put it down to another buggy pile of crap, if your lucky and everything turns up for you thats great.

So many better F2P and P2P games out there, like I said b4, I canceled my subs and will haunt the forums because taking the piss out of this game is much more fun than playing it lately.

May the fail be with you

I totally agree with you.

Unless you are a hardcore gamer or unemployed, a casual has little to no shot at every aquiring this companion.

The mindless searching for droid parts that respawn in random locations set alarm bells ringing for me.

I did try it over 2 days with 4-5 hours of searching and managed to get the first part that can be purchased from the pvp vendor and found another from the locations from the internet. The ones in the republic and empire Jedi ruins were terrible. With a group of 3 players canvasing the area grid searching, nothing turned up after 2 hours ( 4 hours total in both places )....

We were later told that the parts respawn can actually bug out and can not be found until server resets.

I canceled my subscription.

The mission to get this droid is the biggest crock of **** I have come across since the old school " How to become a Jedi in 6 years of real time" in the old star wars online game.

EA can kiss my arse, they turned my fun time in SWTOR into frustration and hating the game. Good luck with it.

To all those that already have the HK51 droid, good for you, you obviously have more time to waste than I do.

The trick was to do it when the patch hit live, because there were so many people looking that you found the parts within a minute per planet.

When I was using the metal detector (that's what I'm calling it) it was fast because it was me and 15 other people. This is one part of the game that really is best with a large group. Doing it solo? BORING.

Try looking up the locations on Dulfy's site for HK's parts. It makes the quest go by rather quickly. Unlike most people, I didn't think the quest was all that great, except for the Section X and spooky ship portions. But I LOVE HK on my tank character. It will be really fun to do future content with him.

Lol at this, how many times did I get this in chat..oh try Dulfy's etc etc.. That site is junk for way point locations.

Most of it is..oh I got mine at ......... but just search the general area.

Sure, but if the part has not spawned correctly.. ie within the findable area and not inside the mountain side.

I was in a group, we searched both Jedi ruins over an hour and 40 minutes in each area using that website....nothing.

Maybe the spawn was bugged? maybe someone else found it first but I do not think so, anyone that was looking was in my group.

Read the previous posts. I can find the crap if it was there, clearly it was not, as others said in chat " oh sometimes it bugs out and does not spawn in the search area until server reset" ... = lame.

Anyway, quite over it, some time sink companion cockup mission.

Quite a shame, because the starter quest for this was awesome. The parts search, lazy programming time sink stinker of frustration.

Take off HK-51s gear and save it in your cargo hold for when you reach 50, reequip him with level-appropriate looted or crafted gear. All of his skills work fine when his gear is within level requirement, including assassinate.

This...

The 1st thing you should do is to remove all of the lvl 51s that he has on and put them in the cargo bay, then either buy the green custom parts,motors and sensor, fill them with green/mods/armor from the GTN, crafted or planet mod vendor (any mix of Aim/Cunning is fine), get him appropriate lvl ear piece, implants, sniper rifle and vibroknife.

Be warned, once you remove his parts, motor etc you can not put them back in until lvl 50 if they ever do fix the scaling thing.

Edited by Zataos

I started the Hk missions on my warrior but then decided to just unlock him through legacyinstead of finishing the missions cuz I already did em once on my BH.... of course I got the warrior bug where he didn't come with any armor. I was sent the armor package on my BH which has the HK along with him having armor so, what good does a legacy bound package do if you cant mail it to a character that actually needs it? it's been over a week since I sent in a bug report and still nothing done... not even a reply. It really sucks to use cartel coins to get something and not be able to use it. I probably would have been better off to finish the stupid mission... was down to needing to do False emperor for last part..

I unlocked HK last night with my marauder. Went back to ship, did HK discussion, then started doing dailies in Section X and saw Hk was getting pathetically killed very fast by mobs. I looked at his gear, and he was missing the knife and had some seriously undergeared armoring. I used the dailies I had accumulated to beef up the armorings to purple, have to try him out again.

• 1 month later...
Hi all, i finished today the companion quest, but as rewards i got a package with full gear to companion, but he is already equipped. Its the same gear. So, the package is for what ?

Did you read page 1 of this thread? If your HK came fully equipped, the gear in the package is for selling/throwing away.

Hi all, i finished today the companion quest, but as rewards i got a package with full gear to companion, but he is already equipped. Its the same gear. So, the package is for what ?

It was a throwback to a bug when HK first came. Some people got naked HK's so that was the workaround. If your HK isn't naked of gear, sell it or toss it.

Since you need to do a HARDMODE Flashpoint, probably not.

WHAT in Gods name were they thinking of!??

HK-51 should have been a great questline for every player to experiance, yet they have gated it so that only a few will be able to complete it.

With the free Tionese gear you get at 50, hardmode flashpoints really aren't that hard. I started running them with the group finder this past week, and I think there's been one boss that the group didn't one-shot, and that was because the tank got knocked off a ledge.

With the free Tionese gear you get at 50, hardmode flashpoints really aren't that hard. I started running them with the group finder this past week, and I think there's been one boss that the group didn't one-shot, and that was because the tank got knocked off a ledge.

I did the questline twice. Once on imp and once on rep. Never even wearing the Tionese gear. I had Battlemaster on and the HM's were easy. I was never the tank though and when I did it Imp side I had a few WH gear pieces mixed with BM. Final heroic I did with companion solo on Rep side though. Teamed with a guy on Imp because after we did the HM, he asked if anyone was going on to the heroic to finish it off so I ran with him. But I could have probably soloed it too.

Why do you need more then one package? HK comes with full 50 gear, the package is for those that had him come naked as part of a glitch thus the package to fix that. If you had a full HK enjoy the free $. If you unlocked him on another comp he comes with full 50 gear, he will never have lower gear so how does getting more level 50 packs help that?

My HK-51 when unlocked did not come with gear at all. Nothing in mail either. One of my characters has the package but it can not be mailed to my other character.. All my other character I unlocked HK-51 , they came with gear.. except this one...