So, er, is everyone Sith?

Deimias

Personally, I found both the Sith and Jedi storylines cliche, though the Sith inquisitor storyline was at least more entertaining.

The non-force storylines I've played (commando and operative) were far more nuanced and interesting. I'm former military and the trooper's moral choices often came down to choosing between saving the lives of Republic soldiers or civilians. I found those choices far more compelling than deciding whether to torture a prisoner with force lightning or not. I just started the agent but so far I'm really liking the story choices. Jedi was just so boring by comparison.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I found both the Sith and Jedi storylines cliche, though the Sith inquisitor storyline was at least more entertaining.

The non-force storylines I've played (commando and operative) were far more nuanced and interesting. I'm former military and the trooper's moral choices often came down to choosing between saving the lives of Republic soldiers or civilians. I found those choices far more compelling than deciding whether to torture a prisoner with force lightning or not. I just started the agent but so far I'm really liking the story choices. Jedi was just so boring by comparison.

Have to agree, at least on the grit of the Trooper's storylines. I enjoyed being faced with those hard choices... and having to face the results afterward.

There are very few games that allow you to play a purely evil character like this one. That is why it may appear that Sith is more favored.

I'm not positive, but I believe the actual breakdown of classes chosen in the game is pretty even between Pub and Imp.

I'd say it's slightly higher Imp side.

I think the Imp levelling path is also faster and easier than Pub. Well they are both easy, but the Imp one seems to have a lot less running around.

Ok, so, I haven't completed 3 storylines yet, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, Trooper and from what I've seen the quality of the storyline in its complexities and intrigue goes like this.

Imperial Agent

Smuggler

Sith Warrior(played through Hoth)

Jedi Consular

Sith Inquisitor

Jedi Knight(played through Tatooine)

Bounty Hunter

Trooper(watched gf play through it)

The Agent by far has the most complex storyline and it actually comes across as a bit of a thriller novel written in the style of M. Night Shymalan(What a twist!) where you're never quite sure what'll happen next.

The Smuggler has the most fun sassy personality which makes the "well damnit" moments not bother you as much.

The Sith Warrior has by far the most interactive characters in its storyline and your decisions actually make a difference in the outcome of how one companion behaves.

The Jedi Consular's storyline is the most epic and you feel like you're having more effect in the overall war than the others.

The Sith Inquisitor is pretty well straightforward with a few shock moments and turns.

The Jedi Knight is bland and predictable but feels more like the world was built around them.

The Bounty Hunter is pretty much what you'd expect of it, hunt, payback, rinse repeat.

The Trooper feels like you're just a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

Now if you're playing for gameplay rather than story everything lines up differently based on your preferences, my personal preferences of the parallel classes from what I've seen and done in no particular order.

Vanguard(Trooper)>Powertech(Bounty hunter)

Mercenary(Bounty Hunter)>Commando(Trooper, though the trooper's weap is cooler)

Gunslinger(Smuggler)>Sniper(Agent)

Operative(Agent)=Scoundrel(Smuggler)

Sorcerer(Inquisitor)>Sage(Consular)

Shadow(Consular)=Assassin(Inquisitor)

Marauder(Warrior)>Sentinel(Knight)

Juggernaut(Warrior)=Guardian(Knight)

3 Imp>Pub

2 Pub>Imp

3 Imp=Pub

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, appreciate it :jawa_smile:

I will say this after playing through all of the republic stories to 50, an agent to 50, an assassin to level 21, and currently my sith warrior at 31, this much is clear: the empire dialogue choices really seem geared towards making DS choices. This seems especially true with the inquisitor and the warrior. The disdain and the cold responses in the those two classes just makes DS choices easy.

Stories seem to be better on the Imp side. Agent was amazing, the Inquisitor is pretty good, but the Consular story after Act 1 is terrible. Jedi Knight is ok, but only played to 30 or so there.

Generally the characters seem to be better, with better twists on the Imp side. Jedi is way to linear. I wanted the conflict between good and bad, and in the Sith Warrior story you get that at the end of Act 1. It's awesome. To me that was Star Wars, but you never seem to get that anywhere else.

Basically, this game makes you feel heroic, without giving you a lot of moral conflict to deal with. But if you're not emotionally involved in the story then you tend to discount it. Also, the Bounty Hunter is good, but then starts to get real slow. People are Sith because it's just more fun, and that's sad because there could be all kinds of great stories with the Jedi.

Ever since I was introduced to the Star Wars universe as a kid, I've been a loyal imperial. The Empire was a classic example of "bad guys have cooler stuff".

But in this game, the dialogue choices and NPC encounters are so two-dimensional that the Empire just looks cartoonish. Then again, looking back on the films, perhaps this game hasn't fallen far from the tree. Ultimately, I think I just have a hard time getting behind either Sith, or Bounty Hunter because of the Mary Sue-ish nature that both groups have developed into (not that the Jedi aren't, though).

The Imperial Agent is an exception. That story has some nuance and, at the very least, acknowledges that the Sith are overemotional teenagers, destined to drive the car off the road.

However, I'm the type of person to play whichever faction is less popular, so my agent mostly collects dust these days.

Edited by pakchooieunf

4 empire chars, I will say the IA story is awesome, SW and BH are quite good, SI is a bit weak. The voices are very good, too.

I don't think the Republic are much better since they supported Revan and through IA/BH story you can see the darkness.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Before the release I wanted to play the trooper. Nice armor, minigun, and no force. I was more a fan of the stormtrooper, or the (useless) alliance guys and Han solo than Luke. However, since the Commando is all about the blue ray of doom, aka grav round, and no minigun but an ugly thing, I was disapointed. Also, the story was not that great past chapter 1.

So I went to the imperial agent. Story was simply awesome. Class is a lot of fun, and the voice acting of the female agent is incredible.

I don't like the Empire because they are the bad guy, and I'm a good guy. My Agent is LS. She can be ruthless, but she care about the people. She joined the army to protect her Empire. At all cost.

In the end, I'd like to play the commando I though it would be before the release. But I'm playing the agent as it is now.