My new gaming mouse (Logitech G500)

mlambros

So my Logitech M500 has taken a beating and needs to be replaced.

This week I tried the 6-button Razer but I'm returning it today because the grip feels too different and lighter and, honestly, I just feel overwhelmed with 6 buttons around my thumb. I only want a couple of extra buttons on my mouse to add some more quick access abilities.

Next mouse I'm trying is the Logitech G500.

Can anyone share their experience with that one??

If you want a mouse designed and built to take a beating and have the **** clicked out of it, you might should at least take a look at the Steelseries Diablo III mouse. I think it only has a few additional buttons which should suit you well being that you're overwhelmed by too many buttons. Edited by Belacose

Hey thanks for your replies! I tried my new Logitech last night and it felt much better than the Razer. It's heavier and has the same grasp as my previous Logitech and has an additional 3 buttons I can use for abilities which is just right! The surface texture was a little different but I got used to that fast. I think I will be sticking with this one!

I use a G500, and I love it. For me it is the most comfortable mouse I've ever had, and it's heavy (for some odd reason I like it when the mouse if heavy...).

If you liked the M500 I think you will like the G500 too since the shape of those to are similar.

Another G500 user here. Best mouse I've used so far. Oddly enough, I like a heavy mouse too.

I don't think that's odd at all, depending on the type of game you play. Lightweight mice in particular are of great use in games where you sweep across the screen without requirement for high precision. Think primarily RTS titles.

Whereas heavier mice tend to become more comfortable the less rapid the sweeping motions are and the more precision you want. For example FPS titles.

Sure you can teach your body to play either genre with both mice, but it comes less natural to play e.g. an FPS with a feather weight mouse with rapid movement speeds or an RTS with a somewhat slower, heavier mouse.

Been using a G500 for years, for this game and others. It's been great, no problems or complaints.

I use mostly a "palm" grip.

I bought a G600 about 2 months ago, and it felt great/worked great, but returned it since it had some long-standing bugs still that Logitech hadn't sorted out. There're workarounds for them but I don't do workarounds with something simple like a mouse. Others must not be bothered though as it seems to be gaining popularity.

So back to using the G500, and got a steelseries merc stealth keyboard that has a gamepad built in for most of my binds instead of getting another mmo mouse.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I have a G700 for my desktop and a G500 for my laptop.

definitely not money wasted. I love the form (since I have small hands it can be rather difficult to find a 'fitting' mouse at times. I always have to roll my eyes when I see product reviews complaining the person in question's hands are too big... ) and I can't imagine my life with a mouse that can't have its weight changed anymore. (oh naga, how I loath you!)

the reaction time is pretty great too and it's definitely coming in handy that the mouse itself saves your settings so you don't have to install anything if you put it in a different computer

I had a G700 from Logitech that I shelved for being overused.

I was skeptic about Razer products, the ones I previously bought were often breaking after only a few months of usage. I was tempted and purchased a Razer Naga Epic 2012 MMO mouse.

My verdict:

I quickly forgot about the Logitech G700 after buying a Razer Naga Epic mouse. They share the same size/type of hand grip than the G500.

The G700 and Naga Epic are Wireless products. If you NEVER plan on using wireless, go for a Razer Naga not the epic version. They also build special editions, like the Molten special edition.

I just had to replace my first gen G9 (which replaced my first gen G5).

I find that I'm playing more games that use the scroll wheel button, and the one on the G9 was just to stiff (but the scroll was loose) so that whenever I depressed it, it would end up scrolling. The mouse is several years old now, so I don't remember if that's how it was new or just worn down.

Since I don't like too many side buttons, I replaced it with a Steel Series Sensei http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Sensei-Laser-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B005L38QLQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354824648&sr=8-1

It was love at first click.

Edited by Skoobie

I used to have the g500 but it kinda died on me. Switched to a Razer Naga Molten Edition. It was very daunting at first with all the buttons it had. Amazingly enough you do get used to it though. Especially in an mmo where you are using so many different skills the extra buttons come in handy.

Don't get me wrong not down playing the g500 at all. I used it as a paladin tank/heals, warrior tank and shaman heals in WoW and it worked just fine. Had to key bind around the wasd keys to make up for the lack of mouse buttons but I did great with it. Glad you are liking the feel but if you ever want to try another mouse with more buttons dont be put off by the amount that a Naga or similar mouse has. It does take some time but before you know it you are pressing buttons without even thinking about it.

Been a logitech user for years :)

Still got my MX510 on my work comp, using G9x on my gaming PC, got their G35 headset, G13 , G19 and G15...

Guess I am just too satisfied.

Best thing about Logitech is the great customer service, my mouse was starting to have a few problems with not clicking properly with the right button, I called in to their support and even though they got a 3 year warranty and I was just at the end of that term, they are just going to send me a new mouse.

Love it!

I have the razer naga. To be honest 12 buttons near your thumb is way over kill even with small hands.

However the top 9 I do actually use, with variations added in using the control, alt and shift keys. Right now I have about 18 abilities bound, give or take, per character just on my mouse. You'd be surprised what you get used to and can't live without. It may be heavier then the 6 key one they make, because to me any other mouse feels very light.

Sorry I can't give you input on the Logitech G500. If you don't enjoy that one though, try the 12 button naga. It might seem sturdier in your hands and it comes with a sticker pack which I literally never used but it's supposed to help you learn key placement.

I hate using modifiers (ctrl/alt/shift) so I have keybinded a lot of buttons. I fully use the numpad by quickly pressing with my right (mouse) hand and I use all available buttons around wasd for my quick access abilities. And of course F1~F12 for other cooldowns. I still need a few more quick access buttons for my level 50 toons so the G500 is working great for that!

I hate using modifiers (ctrl/alt/shift) so I have keybinded a lot of buttons. I fully use the numpad by quickly pressing with my right (mouse) hand and I use all available buttons around wasd for my quick access abilities. And of course F1~F12 for other cooldowns. I still need a few more quick access buttons for my level 50 toons so the G500 is working great for that!

I use q (I have replaced straff movements to a + d because I never turn with the keyboard anyway), r, f, y (z on an american keyboard) and c as extra keybinds. pretty easy to reach and less need for secondary keybindings because I too find them to be annoying :)