How do I explain this to a new player?

Jydo-Law

Ok, I have to take issue with a comment like this.

New players will not likely experience the HK bugs. A new player will MOST DEFINITELY see the lightsaber bug all over the place and experience it themselves as well.

The bug really casts a cheap palor over the game for a new player IMO. It needs to be the TOP fix priority from my perspective. ANYTHING that casts the game in a bad light for new players must be a priority.

Really disagree with this.

The game has its issues, to be sure. But I've been playing this game for a week short of a full year now, and this lightsaber bug doesn't bother me in the least. It will be great when it ultimately gets fixed, but for God's sake, who the hell cares?

Do people actually PLAY games anymore, or do they just wander around pretending to be Quality Control personnel?

There are only so many hours in a day. This is a silly bug. But it's harmless for most people. If it really ruins your (or your friend's) experience so much, then I really don't think computer games are for you.

I'm sorry but what!? I highly suggest ignoring this comment. Whether or not you think its silly, a lot of players aren't happy about it. It easily breaks immersion and should have been fixed ages ago. Telling people that ifthis bothers tem then computer games aren't for this is a ridiculous and childish statement. People have every right. To be upset about this, and comments like yours are just insulting. Its like me saying "if you don't mind bugs go back to wow". Ys, I know that doesn't make any sense. Neither does yours.

Well when I first started playing the game, when out of combat, Kira always had her lightsaber ignited in her hand.

Now when she is out of combat she usually has her lightsaber holstered, but ignited.

I guess that that is an improvement? :rolleyes:

Edited by FeelFlow

Well when I first started playing the game, when out of combat, Kira always had her lightsaber ignited in her hand.

Now when she is out of combat she usually has her lightsaber holstered, but ignited.

I guess that that is an improvement? :rolleyes:

Kira is a bad girl. I gave her an electrostaff and she knocked that bad behavior off completely. Someday they will fix the bug, and she can have her lightsaber back. :D

I don't know, man. Seems most put a large emphasis on how their toons dress and look, myself included.

I quit playing my bounty hunter for a while because I couldn't stand his rice bowl helmet. After my Jedi found a cool bounty hunter helmet I sent to my powertech and found myself playing the character again because, simply, I looked good.

Not being a computer guy I can only tell myself that the DEVs must be really lost on this one. If they're not than there must not be much candid conversation concerning priorities amongst them and whoever the big boss is. Kind of like Jerry Jones keeping himself surrounded by 'yes' men..

Same here. Any Trooper character I have isn't "cool" until I do the quest Trouble In Deed, where you get your first Stormtrooper-style armor. I mean, really - how do people expect us to be good soldiers, wearing heavy armor, when it looks like a jacket with some pockets on it? Now, I know some people dig that look, and that's cool. To me, they aren't a solider (at least, not the kind we play as in this game) until they're wearing armor that could actually protect them from a blaster shot.

I've passed on amazing Jedi gear because I don't dig the Space Monk or Space Samurai looks. I've busted my butt grinding out useless crap so my Sage doesn't wear a dress and robes, but instead something kinda "techie," being a tech-savant Jedi. I sold myself stuff on the HTN just so my Sniper could have a helmet that looks like a gas mask, and not some kinda oddball-looking visor-helmet-thing. I grind Trouble In Deed so that Havoc Squad looks like an easily-identifiable squad, and not an ecclectic mix of different-issue armor and gear. I've kept my Jedi completely gray so he could use one blue saber and one red saber.

Some of us are just like that.

But I've been playing this game for a week short of a full year now, and this lightsaber bug doesn't bother me in the least. It will be great when it ultimately gets fixed, but for God's sake, who the hell cares

Who the hell cares? How about people with a mindset which is different from yours?

Seriously, i'll never understand you guys who think that everyone else in the world is thinking and feeling the same way as you do.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Clearly my Jaesa companion is meant to have a lightsaber poking out of the top of her head.

Pretty much this ^

I agree this bug is hands down the most unsightly one in game along with unsummoning Jaesa and having her lightsaber blade sitting there in mid-air.

There are only so many hours in a day. This is a silly bug. But it's harmless for most people. If it really ruins your (or your friend's) experience so much, then I really don't think computer games are for you.

What a great community this game has.

At any rate, I think something like this, if it was easy to fix would have already been fixed. It may not be gamebreaking, but it has to be embarrassing to the game designers.

I still feel it should be a top priority now since we are trying to draw new players and the image of the game is very important for retention and first impressions...but I realize it may not be an easy fix.

^^^

This pretty much sums up my opinion. Embarrassing this bug is. Fixed it should be.

I love star wars and i have re subbed but like you said little things like this and unifying chest pieces not working kind of makes me think patches keep breaking more than they are fixing, like it was when I subbed the first time... Just the little things :)

The reason it hasn't been fixed is because perhaps not enough people complain about it. I see bioware fixing things people complain about the most all the time.

So go out and make your "FIX OR UNSUB" threads about this, and it will be fixed within a month, I bet you.

Edited by EnsignSorrow

I fixed this bug myself.

Just removed lightsaber from kira and than equiped again.

problem solved :p

Except you'd have to do that every time she's summoned, you demount, enter a new area, etc.

The fact is, this IS an easy fix. This only happens because companions have their weapons out by default when those scenarios occur (entering an area, summoning, demounting, etc). Once the companion draws the bugged weapon and then re-sheaths it, it's fine. So, Bioware just has to change the default to "sheathed" and problem solved.

Edited by Galbatorrix

I did it multible times yes. But now its doesn't happen anymore.

So for me it's fixed.

But i still think they should fix this bug as well as the speeder bug.

It maybe little things, but it annoys me

I'll bet you 5 credits that it's because your companion's combat stance got turned off somehow.

If your companion uses a single sabre equip a vibrosword instead, if they use a double sabre equip an electrostaff.

Having had enough of the graphical glitch of Jaesa running around impaled on her own weapon or Ashara sheathing her sabres but forgetting to turn them off I purchased them Custom vibroswords or electro staffs transferred the mods across and placed the lightsabres into storage until the bug is fixed. Gets rid of any impaling issues and as a side bonus doesn't leave airborne blades when I mount up.

Yes I know in a perfect world my companions should be running around with lightsabres, but really in the scheme of things there are more important things to complain about that I can't fix with a simple item swap. You know like floating snow in the Imperial base on Ilum.

Edited by Vhaegrant

agree,

there are more important issues in this game.

• 2 weeks later...