1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

CourtneyWoods

I wonder how graphically intensive each rocket is... How far away can other players see it? It would be cool for a player run event to have maybe 100 players gather near the hills of Drumond Kaas and have 10-15 doods launch their fireworks and create a show from the distance.

...not very Sithy tho..

Not very Sithy? Shooting rockets into the sky that then explode into colors and fill up the sky with the Empire's seal? Sounds a little sithy to me. Besides who says that Sith can't relax and have some fun every now and then?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea - and to those who don't like fiireworks can I suggest they stick theirs up their a**e!

These should be consumable and rare and only for special occasions...just like the real things.

You do know Bioware, that we'd love more to celebrate over Christmas though so keep up the good work and keep those thinking caps on.!!

I would prefer an [Reusable Fireworks]... but okay... :rolleyes:

BINGO! ^

Without it saying this:

[Reusable Fireworks]

It's a pretty uninspiring for a 1 year anniversary trinket.

Even LOTRO for all it's pros and cons gave out an unlimited fireworks gift.

Not very Sithy? Shooting rockets into the sky that then explode into colors and fill up the sky with the Empire's seal? Sounds a little sithy to me. Besides who says that Sith can't relax and have some fun every now and then?

I have to second this. Jedi are by far the more boring side of this story. No emotions, passion.. etc.

Jedi are like the kids in college who do nothing but study and work. The Sith are the ones at the bar partying and living the college experience properly. lol

Congrats SWTOR for surviving your first year and here is to many more years to come!

Dear Bioware and EA,

you really think it's worth fireworks anniversary celebration? Really it was impossible to create a timed event and its time for Christmas and New Year anniversary? Such as great as Rakghoul World Event. And by the way, you promised to give the opportunity to spend the available Rakghoul DNA Samples, but he never kept his promise.

I have to second this. Jedi are by far the more boring side of this story. No emotions, passion.. etc.

Jedi are like the kids in college who do nothing but study and work. The Sith are the ones at the bar partying and living the college experience properly. lol

Congrats SWTOR for surviving your first year and here is to many more years to come!

Let me guess, you're the flunker who pisses everyone off in the residence hall because you come back drunk at 2 in the morning? :rolleyes:

If you think college = partying then I laugh at the money you are wasting.

How very very LOTRO of them...fireworks in space...not even a holographic light show.....fireworks:confused:

Sorry - don't get this comment? - LOTROs anniversary celebrations make the SWTOR fireworks look like an old pile of bantha droppings by comparison.

The lack of celebration for a 1 year anniversary is a tell tale sign that something is definetly wrong behind the scenes. Cleary this was the cheapest route they were willing to go until the CC and F2P can generate the revenue needed to pay the staff enough to give a crap about it.

Hate to be just another doomsayer, the writing is on the wall.:mon_trap:

Edited by Warrarri

BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

Nice idea - and to those who don't like fiireworks can I suggest they stick theirs up their a**e!

These should be consumable and rare and only for special occasions...just like the real things.

You do know Bioware, that we'd love more to celebrate over Christmas though so keep up the good work and keep those thinking caps on.!!

They needed thinking caps to come up with MMO fireworks? Tinfoil ones??

Why is it for the last 6 months, ever since E3 really, every single BioWare announcement fills me with "meh". If you guys aren't excited about your product, how can you expect us to be?

This is very, very true, and something I have thought myself. Since the game launched the Bioware staff rarely acts excited about the game. Sure, it's had a lot of problems, but if the Bioware staff doesn't at least try to seem excited, how do they expect the players to be excited about anything? When a company acts like they no longer care about their product or are simply bored with it the customers (or in this case the players) pick up on that and begin to feel the same.