Patch competely broke all companions - GREAT STUFF BIOWARE

Nanglez

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we're not even allowed to voice our grief when something goes wrong?

I'm far from complaining about the game 24/7, but we have every right to be displeased if bugs like this happen AND continue to exist for a long time.

I like this game and want to stay with it. But it does affect my fun when things like that happen and aren't dealt with.

But I guess I should just **** off for voicing an opinion that is not 100% favourable, right?

Did I offend you? Please see how he replied and to what post.. i reacted to him personally in an open forum, not to you personally right? it's not your name in the quote? or do you have 2 accounts?

Sobai : It'll be fixed quickly I'm sure. It's hardly the "death of SWTOR"

Nanglez : Um Sobai, when this same thing happened with just implants and earpieces it took them 4 weeks to repair it. (in bold)

in bold or capitals = shouting according to Nettiquette.

If something like the issue now, where a dev already posted they noticed and working on a fix, makes you react that way, and mentioning a bug from a while ago, and taking it so serious, on a patch day, then that seems as someone who's willing to quit a game over a futility.

Is this a game-breaking bug? maybe it is, maybe it isn't.. if you are a soloist by belief, then yes it might be game-breaking, if you are an mmo-player there's nothing to worry about until they fix it, just group up for your dailies.

on a side-note, that same Nanglez openes a discussion about it being "an universal ..." instead of "a universal ..." and saying that the ones that correct him are wrong, was reason the more for me to post such an answer, and again, it was towards him, not you.

as reference from google, first hit (and there were more)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100205095206AAEBota

I'm not one for posting criticism without saying something constructive... but...

If Bioware has a quality assurance department, please fire them because they're not doing their job! How something as working companions be bugged due to their gear not showing their stats is beyond me. If it's not the QA's department, whoever gave the go-ahead to push this patch which broke the companion stats needs to be fired!

Thats about as constructive I feel today. :mad:

Well, in all fairness bugs happen, even I can concede that as a harsh critic of the game. The tell is in how long it takes for them to fix the problem.

If it is relatively quick it's not a problem in my eyes. I will admit that 4 weeks is pretty much the edge of my forgiveness when it comes to patch bugs.

It's the bugs that persist month after month that really concern me however.

Edited by LordArtemis

I'm not one for posting criticism without saying something constructive... but...

If Bioware has a quality assurance department, please fire them because they're not doing their job! How something as working companions be bugged due to their gear not showing their stats is beyond me. If it's not the QA's department, whoever gave the go-ahead to push this patch which broke the companion stats needs to be fired!

Thats about as constructive I feel today. :mad:

Could say the same about blizzard :) I still remember during Wotlk they implemented a small patch and sudenly all characters would move at walk speed when dead, which made going back from graveyard to icecrown citadel after a wipe veeeeeery painful, that took them a week (if not longer) to fix too :p

and as for a direct answer, sometimes in games (mmo's) some bugs don't show on internal testing, and only appear when patch is applied. bugs happen, and it will always be like that. For all we know this might be caused by 1 simple missing character missing in code. Like when making a website with complex table structure and forgetting to close a table row, which makes it show like a complete disaster (believe me, that stuff happens to even the best)

People need to calm down, making out as if this tiny setback is gamebreaking, when it takes 20seconds to temporarily fix it, stop getting mad over a game, either play it or go outside.

It's not gamebreaking for us subscribers, but it is for new players. There are many players that have no idea about this. They will just simply thing that the game is too difficult and get frustrated. They don't have the experience to know that something is wrong with the companion. Even a subscriber didn't realise that something was wrong today in a heroic mission and his companion was dying all the time and doing no damage at all.

This needs an emergency maintenance to fix it. Not tomorrow. Today.

Could say the same about blizzard :) I still remember during Wotlk they implemented a small patch and sudenly all characters would move at walk speed when dead, which made going back from graveyard to icecrown citadel after a wipe veeeeeery painful, that took them a week (if not longer) to fix too :p

Great excample, I remember:

Vanilla : attacks bugging out losing both ranged as well as melee ability when switching attacking a mob standing on the switch point betwine melee and ranged attacks.

Shamans.. godmode.

burning crusades, a patch accidently removing auto-shot from hunters, took them ~3 months for them to fix it.

Wotlk : pet classes under certain circumstances getting a 500+ hour reuse time on pets.

But we arent here to debate the ..flaws of other games.

and as for a direct answer, sometimes in games (mmo's) some bugs don't show on internal testing, and only appear when patch is applied. bugs happen, and it will always be like that. For all we know this might be caused by 1 simple missing character missing in code. Like when making a website with complex table structure and forgetting to close a table row, which makes it show like a complete disaster (believe me, that stuff happens to even the best)

You are right, bugs happen, it always sucks, it never SHOULD have happened but it does.. unfortunately.

Sadly Im used to this from ~12 years of mmo's.

There IS a work around this companion bug, so other then anoying IMO its far from game breaking.

Im not apologising for them, Im not happy with this bug, Im just not up in arms.

People need to calm down, making out as if this tiny setback is gamebreaking, when it takes 20seconds to temporarily fix it, stop getting mad over a game, either play it or go outside.

It would have been fine if 20 seconds are all it takes to get around the problem once per play session. But that's not the case, is it? Every time you switch companions, or use the speeder, or send your companion to sell trash, or zone, or do anything that leads to your companion being dismissed, you have to unequip and reequip.

And if you happen to be thrown off your speeder by mob attacks, your companion will only provide a fraction of the support it used to.

20 seconds every time you zone, or get off your speeder. Or get knocked off your speeder and would normally be able to take the mobs out but now that your tank companion is naked and you cannot chnge armor, you die. But yea that is somehow not gamebreaking.

You mount repeatedly while leveling. This bug is game breaking.

You mount repeatedly while leveling. This bug is game breaking.

It's not just mounting -

IF YOU DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

=

GEAR REVERTS TO BEING 'NON EXISTENT'

- Take an elevator

- Start a quest

- Mount/dismount

- Send your companion to sell inventory junk

- Using your holocommunicator

- Using Rocketboost

- Using quicktravel

- Using Priority Transport/fleet

- Getting knocked off speeder throws you in to combat and therefore cannot gear switch = usually means you die or run away clinging for life.

- Using any of the hangar elevators on fleet.

Yeeeh totally not gamebreaking to have to re-equip gear any time you do any of the above.

-edit- going to put this in op

Edited by Nanglez

20 seconds every time you zone, or get off your speeder. Or get knocked off your speeder and would normally be able to take the mobs out but now that your tank companion is naked and you cannot chnge armor, you die. But yea that is somehow not gamebreaking.

Its not, its inconvenient. Quest mobs are ussually fairly close together so you can just walk these few feet instead of mounting up. Effectively all it does is slow you down. It sucks, no arguement there.