Patch competely broke all companions - GREAT STUFF BIOWARE

Nanglez

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You win the grossest misuse of a word of the day award.

That wasn't condescension.

LOL. Says the person who made the comment.

Let me guess...it was sarcastic, not condescending.

Perhaps you might take some time to look up the definition. You might discover it is exactly as indicated.

LOL. Says the person who made the comment.

Let me guess...it was sarcastic, not condescending.

Perhaps you might take some time to look up the definition. You might discover it is exactly as indicated.

It wasn't sarcasm either.

I was pointing out a few things:

1) Customer service forum is more heavily monitored so that issues would be dealt with faster there.

2) That making a thread with a beginning post in extremely large font size has not gotten a CS response whereas this:

After the recent update, or maintenance, companions simply ignore the gear you have outfitted them with - Making them utterly useless.

1) Summon companion and look at their stats. It's pretty obvious they do not use the gear.

2) Re-fit your companion and the stats increase like they're supposed to.

3) Enter a loading screen or summon again and it's back to base stats.

Here's 3 screenshots showing what happens.

Regular summon, gear does not apply to stats

http://s14.postimage.org/j4s585jr5/01_jpg.jpg

has.

3) This is a duplicate thread and should be locked.

It was neither sarcastic nor condescending. Here's some definitions for the uneducated:

Sarcasm: "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt"

Condescension:

1 : voluntary descent from one's rank or dignity in relations with an inferior

2: patronizing attitude or behavior

Please review the previous remarks and you'll find that they are lacking in both sarcasm and condescension. I realize that the baldness of text on a web page lacks any and all inflection with respect to the nature of the comments being made. Poor attempts at trolling in lieu of constructive discussion will be met with the same gross indifference as my first response.

Edited by mokkh

For some reason this issue reminds me of how they've broken two class storylines and fixed them only a week later. Or how they broke the inspection tool with 1.5, still not sure if it's fixed or not. My point is, i won't be surprised if this bug will last at least till the next reset.

well thats just great.having companions gear messed up. you wouldn't go fishing/camping etc without double checking your gear is working 110 percent and you have everything loaded. these game patches need to have the same mindset of being double checked all the time.

I wonder how long it will take them to at least make an official post about it stating that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. So far all I have seen is one CS rep stating his own character is having issues too and he "forwarded it up the chain".

It's almost 4pm here now in western Europe. Pretty soon people will start coming home and settle in for their evening's play and the US will start waking up. You think there are a lot of reactions now on the forums, wait a few hours..

1) Customer service forum is more heavily monitored so that issues would be dealt with faster there.

2) That making a thread with a beginning post in extremely large font size has not gotten a CS response whereas this:

has.

It was neither sarcastic nor condescending. Here's some definitions for the uneducated:

Sarcasm: "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt"

Condescension:

Please review the previous remarks and you'll find that they are lacking in both sarcasm and condescension. I realize that the baldness of text on a web page lacks any and all inflection with respect to the nature of the comments being made. Poor attempts at trolling in lieu of constructive discussion will be met with the same gross indifference as my first response.

Indicating gross indifference as a response to what you label as constructive discussion (because, after all, <<<<<<customer service is that way is obviously constructive) prefaced by what you call poor trolling attempts when participating in that very same behavior makes that post, and your subsequent posts self evident.

But naturally in your view it does not. After all, you have to make it to the top of that ice covered hill in skates at all costs.

I wonder how long it will take them to at least make an official post about it stating that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. So far all I have seen is one CS rep stating his own character is having issues too and he "forwarded it up the chain".

It's almost 4pm here now in western Europe. Pretty soon people will start coming home and settle in for their evening's play and the US will start waking up. You think there are a lot of reactions now on the forums, wait a few hours..

They already made one awhile ago....

Edited by Eillack

Indicating gross indifference as a response to what you label as constructive discussion (because, after all, <<<<<<customer service is that way is obviously constructive) prefaced by what you call poor trolling attempts when participating in that very same behavior makes that post, and your subsequent posts self evident.

But naturally in your view it does not. After all, you have to make it to the top of that ice covered hill in skates at all costs.

The constructive discussion is in the thread I linked, the current thread serves no real purpose and your interjections are an attempt to argue over nothing (trolling). I had no intention of starting an argument and the only people in the current exchange who have resorted to direct remarks solely at another forum goer with the sole intent to perturb is you and Satelle.

And yes, pointing out the Customer Service is the proper place for this thread and that there is an existing thread there is in fact constructive. They also have a "known issues" thread that is constantly updated as well. If you want to resolve an issue in game, take it up with customer service.

The attempted metaphor of ice skating against gravity isn't relevant either, but please continue.

Also, the OP is incorrect as stats persist through quick travel and instances. At least my companion's stats just did multiple times.

Edited by mokkh

Lol still not as bad as STO bugs. Now those in year one to lately were game breaking haha.

But still I feel this is an issue that should have never come to be or at least an extension on the downtime.

I agree

By thw way , I only came in here to see what you said . Sometimes I have to say I completely agree with your outlook on things .

STO to this day has bugs , but sometimes I go back to just because I love the spaceship combat ! I also Love complete control over the customization of your officers too.

The constructive discussion is in the thread I linked, the current thread serves no real purpose and your interjections are an attempt to argue over nothing (trolling). I had no intention of starting an argument and the only people in the current exchange who have resorted to direct remarks solely at another forum goer with the sole intent to perturb is you and Satelle.

And yes, pointing out the Customer Service is the proper place for this thread and that there is an existing thread there is in fact constructive. They also have a "known issues" thread that is constantly updated as well. If you want to resolve an issue in game, take it up with customer service.

The attempted metaphor of ice skating against gravity isn't relevant either, but please continue.

....and here's a clue for you.

Customer Service is the proper place for this thread. They also have a "known issues" thread that is constantly updated as well. If you want to resolve an issue in game, take it up with customer service.

as opposed to

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<customer service is that way

You made the post. You seem to be upset that people called you out for your obvious trollish remark, your condescending attitude and then, to top it off claimed you were being "constructive".

The former is constructive. The latter is not. You would do well to learn the difference. I'd say it's a pretty good bet you knew the difference, was being condescending on purpose because you feel this is irritating to you when people do this sort of thing and then was surprised when called out for it so you decided to make a futile attempt to explain it away.

Your not going to make it to the top of that hill considering you made the post.

Edited by LordArtemis

DarthWoad, in high school English, you're taught that if the next word in a sentence starts with a vowel, then you use 'an'. So TECHNICALLY "An Universal" is right, however there are exceptions to this rule, one being this word you're discussing.

It's pretentious to call people out on it, its a little known grammatical rule. Get over yourself.

I so mourn the death of language. It precedes the death of intelligence.

Idiocracy, HO!

has.

Condescension:

Seriously starting to think that you don't know any other way to talk to people.. I did review previous remarks, however, and am still of opinion that they're dripping with condescension.

Instead of condescendingly telling people that "customer support is that way >>>>>", you could simply have said "Hey guys, I saw this posted in customer support, they're working on it!". Of course, that's just not how it's done on the internet, I guess, so you went with the obvious "Omg, I am sooooo much better than you people" approach.

You may not even realize that that is exactly how you came across, but I assure you, it is.

....and here's a clue for you.

Customer Service is the proper place for this thread. They also have a "known issues" thread that is constantly updated as well. If you want to resolve an issue in game, take it up with customer service.

as opposed to

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<customer service is that way

You made the post. You seem to be upset that people called you out for your obvious trollish remark, your condescending attitude and then, to top it off claimed you were being "constructive".

The former is constructive. The latter is not. You would do well to learn the difference.

Your not going to make it to the top of that hill considering you made the post.

Brevity is not trolling. Arguing for the sake of arguing is (or starting an argument where one is not warranted unrelated to the topic itself).

"You would do well to know the difference" and "go look up the definition of that word" is condescending.

"Your not going to make it to the top of that hill considering you made the post." (your =/= you're) is sarcasm.

Accusing others of something you are guilty of is projection "You seem to be upset."

Ignoring you is my indifference. Your last word will be unread so proceed as you must.

Rofl. I even had an on-going thread about a similar problem with HK-51 and modding his gear not updating until you unequip and requip. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=559317

Did they fix it? No.

Did they even acknowledge the correct bug in my customer service trouble tickets? No. They kept replying with the "we know HK-51 comes with no gear bug... thanks".

Did they make it worse? Absolutely. Instead of fixing a minor issue they just broke all companions.

Bioware, *** is wrong with you. Take down the servers right now and fix this. Seriously, you guys are just stupid.

Rofl. I even had an on-going thread about a similar problem with HK-51 and modding his gear not updating until you unequip and requip. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=559317

Did they fix it? No.

Did they even acknowledge the correct bug in my customer service trouble tickets? No. They kept replying with the "we know HK-51 comes with no gear bug... thanks".

Did they make it worse? Absolutely. Instead of fixing a minor issue they just broke all companions.

Bioware, *** is wrong with you. Take down the servers right now and fix this. Seriously, you guys are just stupid.

Weird, because somewhere they said that they know there's a scaling problem with the HK equipment, and are working on fixing it